Wheeling Hospital Employee Reviews

Avoid at all costs
Support Staff (Former Employee) –  Wheeling, WVSeptember 20, 2017
The pay and benefits offered are fantastic... If you're willing to sacrifice your sanity. Completely cutthroat, uncaring facility that's driven by the bottom line. Don't let the fact that this is a "Catholic" hospital fool you. The practices that go on here are anything but what the hospital tries desperately to represent itself as.
Pros
The pay and benefits
Cons
Everything other than the pay and benefits
Great benefits
Registration Clerk (Former Employee) –  Wheeling, WVSeptember 1, 2017
Awesome benefits, with a job that allows for fun interaction with patients and other co workers. But the drama with management is enough for someone to stay away.
Pros
Easy job, great benefits
Rewarding worked with children
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Wheeling, WVAugust 29, 2017
Arrived and provided care to different children throughout the day. Provided care by changing the children if needed and playing games with them while their parents were in their appointments.
Pros
Worked with children
Cons
Closed department down
enjoyed working there until the last couple months
Registered Nurse Med/Surg (Former Employee) –  Wheeling, WVAugust 27, 2017
Provided patient care as any floor nurse would do. Learned a lot there since it was my first RN job after graduating and passing my boards. Hardest part of the job was always short staffed. Most enjoyable was learning so many things.
Pros
Learning experience
Cons
Small group of nurses playing games in the end and making it difficult to want to be there.
Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Wheeling, WVJuly 17, 2017
I would personally say they should take a look at there management and maybe change a couple. Especially on IMU. I worked almost 120 hrs per pay and when I ended up sick and couldn't come to work per my doctor and per there corporate health doctor, I was wrote up and fired, I was also got wrote up and sent home for working a night shift with 104.1 temp, but if I would have called off I would have gotten wrote up anyway. there's never a win for an employee.
Pros
great pay
Cons
management, they should also take your lunch out of your pay
ER Registration = psycho ward !!
ER Patient Registrar (Former Employee) –  Wheeling, WVJune 22, 2017
If you want to be treated like a lower class citizen by all the other employees in the E.R. (especially the nurses, your supervisor, and the wicked witch of the west that is over her) then by all means, become a registration clerk at Wheeling Hospital!
Cons
stressful job where staffing is not appreciated by management or HR
LICENSED PRACTICAL NURSE (Former Employee) –  Wheeling, WVJune 15, 2017
Working with co-workers and the physicians was great! However, human resources is unbearable, they are rude and offer little to no help when you have any issues. Management also does not seem to care about employees or their issues/concerns. They will flat out tell you when you have issues that "it's not our problem". Pay rate is a joke. Benefits are decent.
Pros
discounts throughout the hospital
Cons
lousy management, TERRIBLE HR dept staff, awful pay rate
its a job
orderly (Current Employee) –  Wheeling, WVMay 28, 2017
not a bad place to work just a lot of turnover. The hospital could do more bonuses and higher wages like their competitors that's why we have turnovers.
Pros
good insurance
Cons
turnover
Productive health care facility.
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Wheeling, WVMay 27, 2017
It's a good company to work for. Great health benefits with decent wage pay. Very competitive health care facility. Offer several specialty fields such as pediatrics, OB/Gyne, orthopedic surgeons, plastic surgeons, high risk OB specialists, and Emergency dept.
Pros
Discount at the pharmacy on otc, decent pay rate, excellent health care benefits
Cons
Can't transfer to another position laterally, not much room for advancement
The department I worked for was not one I would recommend
Certified Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Wheeling, WVMay 13, 2017
In the department I worked for we had 6 managers within 2 years. The last manager had no experience in management at all she was a secetary and no one understood how she was promoted to that position. Especially since most of our complaints were from her due to her complete lack of empathy.
Pros
401k and insurance
Cons
Lack of staff
Lab not a good place to work .
Laboratory Clerk (Former Employee) –  Wheeling WVApril 24, 2017
Too much tatteling. Back stabbing, a group of women who would crawl over each other to get ahead even if what they say is not true
Did not tolerate Christians, odd huh. HR will ignore all complaints and do nothing. The older employees control the lab, making sure their breads and lunches are never missed while the new people work through breaks.

As far as the job went scheduling was terrible. You could work till 9:00 p.m. at night and be expected to show up for a 5:30 a.m. or 6:00 a.m. shift.
Training is done through intimidation, someone stands over you and does not instruct you, they criticize you while you are trying to do your job.
Cons
They will drive you crazy
Worked for some of the best Pediatricians around
Medical Asst / Receptionist / Transcriptionist (Former Employee) –  Wheeling, WVApril 20, 2017
Gained tons of experience - The Doctors I worked for were wonderful. Salary was less than average and the work environment was very fast paced and stressful. No room for advancement and one of the managers was very difficult to get along with.
Average hospital setting
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Wheeling, WVApril 18, 2017
If you like working in a hospital setting, this is pretty much average- problems with doctors, nurse-patient ratios, and understaffing. Management is hard-lined, picky and not very flexible. They have mass exoduses of nurses all the time and are involved in litigation constantly. Morale is pretty poor at times.
Good place to work pay scale not appropriate for type of work
Charge nurse staff nurse/oncology nurse (Former Employee) –  Wheeling, WVApril 18, 2017
Encouraged furthering education poor staff to pat ratios , all skills utilized close interaction with all team members including specialists trainings provided at no cost
Pros
Use of skills
Cons
Too long of commute pay not in range to work performed
Productive/Fun workplace
Certified Occupational Therapy Assistant (Current Employee) –  Wheeling, WVApril 4, 2017
Great employment opportunity. Very friendly employers and easy to maintain a schedule. Great working staff. Great opportunity to learn about new diagnosis.
Pros
Therapy Aide
Cons
Fast paced enviornment
Educational place to work for
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Wheeling, WVMarch 28, 2017
In my time at Wheeling Hospital I learned a lot and met a lot of great people. Overall it is a good place to work for and they offer a lot to their employees.
Horrible place to work!
Radiology Technologist (Former Employee) –  Wheeling, WVMarch 21, 2017
I worked there and it was a nightmare. They worry about money more than patients and employees. Management is a joke! You can be cussed out by doctors and made to feel stupid on a daily basis. Even if you go above and beyond, it's a waste. They only concentrate on the negative things. It's a joke!
Pros
Money
Cons
Everything else about that place e.
Its a job
Certified Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Wheeling, WVMarch 7, 2017
I have nothing good or bad to say about working here. Its a job after all. What one person might feel is their dream job, might be a living horrible for someone else. I will say I have had the chance to work with some amazing people.
Pros
The people I have got to work with.
Fun workplace
Student Nurse / Clinical Rotations (Former Employee) –  Wheeling, WVFebruary 4, 2017
Awesome place to gain RN experience. I am currently a student Nurse doing clinical rotations at Wheeling hospital. The staff is very friendly and are great with patient care.
Pros
Health care team
Cons
compensation
Productive and efficient workplace
Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Wheeling, WVJanuary 3, 2017
Typical work day includes: updating boards, checking sugars, hygiene promotion, toileting, ambulation, feeding, vital signs, charting, assisting nurses and the healthcare team.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Wheeling Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9