Wheeling Hospital

Wheeling Hospital Employee Reviews

Very welcoming co-workers
Cardiac and Vascular Sonographer (Current Employee), Wheeling, WVMarch 29, 2015
I really enjoy working at this hospital the people are very nice and welcoming. This hospiatal is very busy. The benefits are great!
It's an OK place to work if you just need a job ASAP - with decent benefits!
Nursing Assistant (Current Employee), Wheeling, WVMarch 25, 2015
Pros: Paid holidays and benefits from first day on the job!
Cons: Not many break, coworkers that don't pull their weight
It was an ok place to work as long as you had the right coworkers on your team. Most patients I found to be relatively pleasant and easy to get along with and accommodate. The slackers made certain nights harder than necessary.
ED Registration
ED Registrar (Former Employee), Emergency DepartmentFebruary 6, 2015
Pros: there are no pros to this department
Cons: terrible scheduling, terrible treatment, high stress
I cannot speak for the other departments in this hospital but ED registration has such a high turn over that you would think they would question it. They do not. There are far too many unqualified managers in this department. If you are good at your job do not count on staying there. They will drive you out. For the supervising manager in ED registration it is all about getting in with the manager of the in hospital registration department. At one time she was the that registrar getting harassed by management but she has just joined their games now. She really ought to be ashamed of how she handles herself as should her manager above her.
Productive environment
OH MCD Billing Analyst & ODJFS MITS Admin (Current Employee), Wheeling, WVOctober 16, 2014
a typical day of work:
-attended miscellaneous amount of emails and mailings
-responsible for second billing Ohio Medicaid & Managed Ohio Medicaid HMO's
-assisted Refund Clerk with Medicaid refunds on MITS
-enrolled new clients and privileges to MITS website
-worked AR reports, 4 for Wheeling Hospital and 4 for Belmont Community Hospital
-reviewed and corrected registration insurance errors for both Belmont & Wheeling hospital (catapult files)
-assisted West Va. Medicaid follow up
-responsible for Belmont Community Hospital Mental Health department authorizations and billing
-training seminars for the Care Management when needed
-worked Remits

the hardest part of my job:
being over loaded at times

the most enjoyable part of the job:
my accomplishments:
lowering my AR drastically
Productive organization geared towards the better health of patients
Physical Therapy Aide (Current Employee), Wheeling, WVAugust 7, 2014
A typical day at work as a Physical Therapy Aide begins with filling oxygen tanks for the day, faxing and filing, and preparing the PT gym. Patients start being seen after breakfast and my job is to retrieve ready patients for their physical therapy session for the day. In the gym, I help the therapist with walking patients, exercises, and keeping the gym sanitary at all times. I learned to be patient as a PT Aide at Wheeling Hospital, because everyone has a different healing time and you must be patient in order to see progress. My co-workers are always happy and positive with their patients which makes it a great place to come to. The hardest part of the job is seeing someone downfall in progress and/or pass away. The most enjoyable part of the job is seeing progress happen and the smile on their face.
Productive work environment and reliable staff members
Medical Assistant (Current Employee), Wheeling, WVAugust 6, 2014
I help answer incoming calls, return patients calls once there inquiry was answered by the doctor, I schedule surgeries as well as follow up appointments, I call for authorizations on procedures, filing, vitals, setting up the rooms for the doctor, faxing information to the appropriate parties, fill out FMLA forms, etc.
externship
Extern (Former Employee), Wheeling, WVMay 18, 2014
Pros: learning new things
Cons: the externship was too short
I only got to work at Wheeling Hospital for a short time for the Externship. I worked half the time in the PACU with an RN learning what their job was. I really enjoyed learning new things and working beside an RN. The second half I worked along side a Nursing Assistant.
Good Job
LPN (Former Employee), Wheeling, WVApril 30, 2014
Working on the Rehabilitation unit was a wonderful experience. My coworkers were the best. We worked as a team and did the job well everyday.
fast food is fast food
lpn (Former Employee), Wheeling, WVApril 9, 2014
Pros: free lunch
Cons: fast food
fast food is the ideal job for teenagers in high school or college kids
co-workers were great to work with
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee), Wheeling, WVMarch 31, 2014
Pros: benefits
Cons: shifts constantly changed
Busy and I transferred jobs to expand on my skills. Management was great as well as co-workers.
I enjoyed working there
Housekeeping (Former Employee), Wheeling, WVFebruary 5, 2014
I liked making sure the rooms where clean from people when they came in to the ER.
Small town feel, Small town managment
Registered Nurse (Current Employee), Wheeling, WVJanuary 21, 2014
Cons: pay, managment will not help, nurse to patient ratio horrible
The pay is very low, patient to nurse ratio is very difficult. Staff is always short.
technology advanced hospital
Coder (Former Employee), Wheeling, WVNovember 20, 2013
Pros: technology advanced
Cons: very strict with employees, all business, no enjoyment.
Training and necessary tools for the job are available. Management could stand to know more about the department functions that they over see.co- workers generally get along well.Atmosphere is all business, no socializing allowed with co-workers while working. Can be very stressful.
plesent place to work with benifits.
Medical Records Technician (Former Employee), Wheeling, WVNovember 12, 2013
plesent place to work with benifits. have had supervisor how have taught me alot about my job and more. Wheeling hopital has give me the opertunity to learn and advance in different departments.
200 administrators and still a cluster!
RN (Former Employee), Wheeling, WVSeptember 17, 2013
Pros: 12 hour shifts.
Cons: no tuition reimbursement, supervisors have clue what's going on-ever.
Money and making sure priest get the best care are all they worry about. Several in management with little education, drs. Are allowed to treat you very poorly, other drs. Apologize for them! Unhappy staff.....the be all for all nurses right out of school.....then move on! No one from the outside will ever penetrate the administration, they would never want someone to break up the good ol boys club
Very Un-professional place to work.. Rude co workers.
Former Employee (Former Employee), Wheeling, WVAugust 31, 2013
Pros: close to home.
Cons: no breaks and to much overtime
I have been cursed up and down by co workers here. No respect for one another. Back biting and gossip is their motto. Management does not seem to care as it is reported to them. They just need warm bodies to fill shifts. Nice hospital, but as for a Catholic Hospital management only cares about the $$$. Underpaid and overworked.
Do not care about you personally. They are all about business
Nursing Assistant (Current Employee), floor staffAugust 28, 2013
Not the best place to work. Do not have enough supplies for the hospital. bladder scanner can never be found same with the ekg machine
i like working with patients and some of my co-workers
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee), wheeling, wvAugust 21, 2013
Pros: working with the patients.
Cons: healthcare for the employee's could be better.
when I go to work, I start by going in and seeing my patients and introducing myself to them and putting my number and the nurses number on the board. I then see who needs to walk or change or turn them. if they need to go on the cpm, I get help to put them on and off of the cpm. how to put on and off cpm's and using the bladder scanner, EKG's, blood sugars. I like working with most of my co-workers, there are some that come to work and do nothing. working with lazy co-workers. I love working with the patients.
Love helping sick patients
Advanced Patient Care Tech (Former Employee), Wheeling, WVJuly 21, 2013
Pros: helping other
Cons: not enough staff
I enjoy helping others, and enjoy fast and crazy conditions. I enjoy furthering myself and learning new things everyday!
Catholic Hospital serving West Virginia, Ohio, and PA
Director of Surgical Services (Former Employee), Wheeling, WVJune 21, 2013
Pros: started a heart program, free parking, emr
Worked in OR for the time I worked at Wheeling. 8 of the years as the Director of Surgical Services. Worked closely with Anesthesia, started a heart program. I