Wheeling Jesuit University Employee Reviews in United States

Relaxed but hardworking environment
Student Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Wheeling, WVMay 4, 2015
Regularly expect to give unannounced tours to prospective students and their families. In addition, answering phone calls to companies and prospective students about general life on campus or student finances.
Pros
It is on campus so I do not have to travel far
Cons
Only allowed to work ten hours a week
Friendly Enjoyable Workplace
Adjunct Professor (Current Employee) –  Wheeling, WVMay 28, 2013
A typical day is teaching students for three to four hours. I learned the value of teaching and how helping students learn is one of the best feelings in the world. The management was very hands off. They treated me with the utmost respect at all times. The hardest part was making sure I had all of the necessary materials for my class. The most enjoyable part was sharing my knowledge with the students.
Faculty Secretary (Former Employee) –  Wheeling, West VirginiaSeptember 3, 2012
You support six or more departments.
Each department had their own expectations.
Management was reasonable.
Co-workers kept care of their own faculty.
The hardest part of the job was when big projects such as accreditation was in progress. You got bogged down on day-to-day
work.
I enjoyed getting acquainted with all sorts of backgrounds and ethnicity's.
Pros
holidays
Cons
last minute requests from faculty running behind.
Enjoyable atmosphere
Accounting Adjunct (Current Employee) –  Wheeling, WVJune 22, 2015
I enjoy working with the students and professors. While at the moment I am teaching just one class a semester, it has been challenging and fun.
Great place to gain experience for a future career.
Secretary and Front Desk Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Wheeling, WVApril 6, 2013
Wheeling Jesuit University offers a variety of undergraduate and graduate programs for those wishing to seek higher education. While at school, students have the opportunity to engage in student employment that will help prepare them for their future careers.
Enjoying and challenging workplace.
adjunct clinical Instructor (Current Employee) –  Wheeling, West virginiaMarch 18, 2015
I meet with 7 to 8 students in a neighboring medical facility and help them to relate book knowledge to the real world. I give them assignments and help them to understand the course of health care delivered with rationale and critical thinking.
Pros
enjoy working with students
Cons
grading care plans
All about the administration
Staff (Current Employee) –  Wheeling, WVSeptember 24, 2012
WJU cares only about upper administration, pay is very lousy for staff, HR lies to your face as does direct supervision, for such a expensive university ($28,000 yearly) they fill their own pockets and do not care about staff, administration hires friends and fills their pockets at the expense of students and low paid staff, all around this university is suprisingly still operating?
Pros
paid holidays, sick time (just dont use it or be terminated)
Cons
pay, expensive insurance, poor insurance, lies to employees
Handling all kinds of different projects and budget reports.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Wheeling, WVFebruary 22, 2015
I learned how to handle very different task each day, and adjust projects to meet the needs of the clients. I also worked with the Athletic director on budget reports and big budget projects.
Head Ambassador, Admissions Department (Former Employee) –  Wheeling, WVDecember 8, 2013
2005-06: serve as freshman Ambassador. 2006-07: Promoted to Head Ambassador. Assist Admissions staff in organization and operation of open house events, campus tours, parents’ nights, athletic recruiting events, and overnight stays. Assign and schedule ambassadors to individual duties and placement with potential students. Conduct question and answer sessions with potential students and parents.
fun and exciting place to work
Day Laborer (Former Employee) –  Wheeling, WVAugust 7, 2013
typical day included alot of cleaning and interaction with the students
Pros
good environment
Cons
not long term

2.7