Wheeling Jesuit University Employee Reviews

Wheeling Jesuit University
Peer Instructor (Former Employee) –  Wheeling, WVMay 4, 2017
I am thankful and bless to have had not only the opportunity to attend this college not only for my undergraduate study, but as well as for my graduate studies and work at this institution.
Resident Assistant at WJU
Resident Assistant (Current Employee) –  Wheeling, WVApril 18, 2017
I have been employed by Wheeling Jesuit University for one year as a RA. My Area Coordinator is an absolute pleasure to work with as she is always there to help and give encouragement. A typical day as a RA consist of doing rounds of the dorm, signing people in/out, making sure residents are obeying the rules, coming up with socials to get the residents active, and most importantly to make sure the residents are having a safe and enjoyable time. My coworkers are great as we always have each others back if we need help and they are just a joy to be around.
Pros
Free Room and board, room to yourself
Cons
too many changes in school
Wju
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Wheeling, WVApril 12, 2017
As a college health nurse, I promote student wellness for all students.

I have office hours for clinical work for students to come see me and be treated.
Good mission
Adjunct Professor of Communications (Current Employee) –  Wheeling, WVFebruary 12, 2017
Excellent work environment, fair compensation, good facilities, great people, a wonderful mission all combine to make Wheeling Jesuit an extraordinary place to work.
Cheap University with Good Staff and Students
Resident Assistant (Current Employee) –  Wheeling, WVJanuary 17, 2017
Couldn't have chosen a more affordable college. I love my professors and my peers are what keep me here. I could be learning more in classes and the university is managed very poorly.
Fun place to work
Office Assistant (Current Employee) –  Wheeling, WVApril 26, 2016
Typical day included filing paperwork and searching for purchase order forms. Co-workers were friendly and very enjoyable
Enjoyable atmosphere
Accounting Adjunct (Current Employee) –  Wheeling, WVJune 22, 2015
I enjoy working with the students and professors. While at the moment I am teaching just one class a semester, it has been challenging and fun.
Relaxed but hardworking environment
Student Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Wheeling, WVMay 4, 2015
Regularly expect to give unannounced tours to prospective students and their families. In addition, answering phone calls to companies and prospective students about general life on campus or student finances.
Pros
It is on campus so I do not have to travel far
Cons
Only allowed to work ten hours a week
Enjoying and challenging workplace.
adjunct clinical Instructor (Current Employee) –  Wheeling, West virginiaMarch 18, 2015
I meet with 7 to 8 students in a neighboring medical facility and help them to relate book knowledge to the real world. I give them assignments and help them to understand the course of health care delivered with rationale and critical thinking.
Pros
Enjoy working with students
Cons
Grading care plans
Handling all kinds of different projects and budget reports.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Wheeling, WVFebruary 22, 2015
I learned how to handle very different task each day, and adjust projects to meet the needs of the clients. I also worked with the Athletic director on budget reports and big budget projects.
Head Ambassador, Admissions Department (Former Employee) –  Wheeling, WVDecember 8, 2013
2005-06: serve as freshman Ambassador. 2006-07: Promoted to Head Ambassador. Assist Admissions staff in organization and operation of open house events, campus tours, parents’ nights, athletic recruiting events, and overnight stays. Assign and schedule ambassadors to individual duties and placement with potential students. Conduct question and answer sessions with potential students and parents.
fun and exciting place to work
Day Laborer (Former Employee) –  Wheeling, WVAugust 7, 2013
typical day included alot of cleaning and interaction with the students
Pros
good environment
Cons
not long term
Friendly Enjoyable Workplace
Adjunct Professor (Current Employee) –  Wheeling, WVMay 28, 2013
A typical day is teaching students for three to four hours. I learned the value of teaching and how helping students learn is one of the best feelings in the world. The management was very hands off. They treated me with the utmost respect at all times. The hardest part was making sure I had all of the necessary materials for my class. The most enjoyable part was sharing my knowledge with the students.
Great place to gain experience for a future career.
Secretary and Front Desk Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Wheeling, WVApril 6, 2013
Wheeling Jesuit University offers a variety of undergraduate and graduate programs for those wishing to seek higher education. While at school, students have the opportunity to engage in student employment that will help prepare them for their future careers.
All about the administration
Staff (Current Employee) –  Wheeling, WVSeptember 24, 2012
WJU cares only about upper administration, pay is very lousy for staff, HR lies to your face as does direct supervision, for such a expensive university ($28,000 yearly) they fill their own pockets and do not care about staff, administration hires friends and fills their pockets at the expense of students and low paid staff, all around this university is suprisingly still operating?
Pros
paid holidays, sick time (just dont use it or be terminated)
Cons
pay, expensive insurance, poor insurance, lies to employees
Faculty Secretary (Former Employee) –  Wheeling, West VirginiaSeptember 3, 2012
You support six or more departments.
Each department had their own expectations.
Management was reasonable.
Co-workers kept care of their own faculty.
The hardest part of the job was when big projects such as accreditation was in progress. You got bogged down on day-to-day
work.
I enjoyed getting acquainted with all sorts of backgrounds and ethnicity's.
Pros
holidays
Cons
last minute requests from faculty running behind.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Wheeling Jesuit University. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9