Wheelock College Employee Reviews in United States

Quiet, productive work environment
receptionist (Former Employee) –  Boston, MADecember 24, 2015
A typical day consisted of answering phones, some data entry, filing student documents, and answering Registrar related inquiries. Very small staff, my manager allowed me to work autonomously. There were no real difficult parts to this job.
Fast paced work environment
Human Resources intern (Former Employee) –  Boston, MANovember 12, 2015
Fun fast paced work place. I learned a lot while working there. My co-workers were very supportive and helpful. The hardest part was also the most enjoyable and that was learning everything I could about human resources because I had never worked with anything relating to it before.
Pros
Co-workers
Position is being down graded due to lack of grant funding
Manger of Grants (Current Employee) –  The Fenway BostonFebruary 25, 2015
Inspiring collegiate atmosphere

Great work/Life balance

Position being downsized due to lack of grant funding

Colleagues friendly and approachable

Controller, direct supervisor remains busy has lack of instruction on task administered

Hardest part of the job being the conduit between departments when scheduling monthly meeting to administer grant balance portfolios, however managed to send financials via email.

Most enjoyable part of the job, assisting in the pre-award and post awards financials, researching future sponsor opportunities
A place to gain experience
Staff (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJuly 13, 2015
Small college woes
stifling
no growth

leadership were not supportive and didn't seek change

co workers are great, college employees truly care about people
Wheelock is a good college for its working culture.
Instructor of Statistics and Mathematics (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAMarch 3, 2015
Wheelock is a good college for its working culture. It has a very pleasant pace, which is not stressful. Nice coworkers, cooperative, and willing to help.
Fun workplace with nice co-workers
Public Services Assistant (Current Employee) –  Boston, MassachusettsDecember 8, 2013
I started working at Wheelock College in September 2013. I work in their Earl Center for Technology and Innovation, where I provide customer service to the students and faculty members who come in to use the space. The most enjoyable parts of this job are working with Wheelock students, and being able to help them with their research questions. My boss is also very nice, and graduated from the same graduate program that I went through.
Slow paste for lower management, but relaxing work environment
Campus Assistant (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAAugust 21, 2014
My day would start at 8:45. I would get coffee from the local dunkin donuts, at 9:20 after sitting in the very small office and listening to the headlines from my co-workers, I would receive a task. Often it would include finding a lost person on campus, setting up a room for an event, or wait by the phones. I would usually find myself back in the office asking for another task to do. Issues would arrive when there were no more task for the day, thus I would be sent to work with the facilities department, where I would be told to clean, file, and move things all around campus. Luckily Wheelock is very small so it wasn't to difficult to get around. I loved my job because there was always something to do, even when all task were completed, my supervisors were always willing to find a way to keep me busy.
Pros
relaxed environment, cafeteria close, friendly staff
Cons
not alot of work unless you ask and even then isn't guaranteed.
Enjoyable Workplace
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Boston, MANovember 14, 2013
*Wonderful co-workers
*Great balance between job and work life
*Clear direction from management
*Developed skills in creating presentations and reports
An Excellent School
Grant Writing Consultant (Former Employee) –  Boston, MASeptember 26, 2013
Working for and out of Wheelock was always a learning experience that served me well in the field.
This position was a bad match. I was hired for my skills but they were not required.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAMay 1, 2013
The job was posted as an Administrative Assistant for a group of faculty members. Technology and the absence of interaction time had allowed the faculty to be independent and the position was reduced to the responsibilities of a receptionist responsibile for the mail, ordering supplies, and being present at the desk. The situation was discussed with the Director of Human Resources and I was placed on special assignment with the director responsible for special community projects which allowed me the opportunity to meet Bishop Tutu and assist in the logistics of activities associated ith his visit. The special assignment was not going to be long term or permanent and my current position had no advancement. There was agreement that I should resign and upon my exit interview we discussed the constent turnover of the position and my recommendation to change the job description and position title. The HR Director was newly assigned so the discussion was productive for both of us. Good experience outside of the position I was hired to perform.
Pros
good environment, personnel, and package
Cons
days were long with nothing to do but sit.