Whelan Security

Whelan Security Employer Reviews

Fun andexciting workpace
Supervisor/Sargent (Former Employee), Canton, MSFebruary 19, 2015
At Whelan officers are required to help maintain a safe working environment for Nissan employees. While employed at Whelan I was promoted to Supervisor position and I also went through fire brigade training.
Mediocore
Senior Security Officer (Current Employee), Roseville, MNFebruary 16, 2015
Pros: friendly staff, simple duties, decent pay.
Cons: no room for advancement, poor communication.
Very simple, friendly people. General security. Management is non existent, co workers are very nice. No hard parts.Better pay than most companies. Good accounts to work at.
It's a job
Security Officer (Former Employee), Roseville, MNFebruary 10, 2015
It's a job where you are tasked out to do. A security job which anyone can do. Just do your job and you will be fine. Only sucks when you work there forever, you forgot it is only just a job and you take it kind of personally.
Not Employee Friendly
Supervisor David Smart (Former Employee), Louisville, KYFebruary 8, 2015
Pros: friendly fellow officers
Cons: management, policies, rules, administrative requirements were redundant in all cases.
While working for Whelan I experienced inflexible rules and rules that changed daily without any notification. There was no uniformity of supervision with one supervisor telling you one thing then another supervisor telling you another thing.

Schedules were changed to different shift starting times without and prior notification. Redundant policies and rules. Management did not seem current on the employment laws and federal laws.
Great job.
Security Site Supervisor (Current Employee), Rockford. IL.February 7, 2015
Great job and great people but I'm getting bored with it. You can sit or stand as needed. Do patrols and help employees and visitors.
Decent pay for services expected
Unarmed Security Guard (Former Employee), Nashville, TNFebruary 5, 2015
Monitor property by maintaining thorough observation of the entire property including reporting any suspicious activity to the proper authority.
Report any negative incident to management as well as identifying and safety concerns.
Assist management, police, and/or emergency personnel as required or requested.
File a written report each day detailing the previous 24 hour activities, which will be submitted to management.
Administrative Duties
Security Officer (Former Employee), Dallas, TXFebruary 3, 2015
As I've worked for Whelan Security, I've mainly worked as an administrative assistant, helping to assist the supervisor in daily post duties while working the front desk. I have learned to prepare for changes due to any situation, to expect the unexpected, and assist in medical emergencies. The hardest part of the job, is sitting for long periods at a time. I deal with that by getting up and moving around or simply stretching. I enjoy working the front desk monitoring closed circuit tv, processing paperwork, and answering phone calls.
Company was OK to work for, but only as part time
Security Officer, Security Supervisor (Former Employee), Milwaukee, WIFebruary 2, 2015
I worked this job to pick up some money, while working another job and attending school.
It was a good job where I was allowed to study and work the shifts I wanted. I was asked to work more hours the I was able too.
life at work
Security Guard (Former Employee), Austin, TXJanuary 28, 2015
Pros: supervisor was good
Cons: raises
working for this company was an awesome expierence i received a lot of training obtained security license and cpr certified a typical day at work would be very fast pace depending on which day it was the coworkers were friendly hardest part about the job it really wasn't none hard
Experince prepared me for future assisgments.
Security Guard (Former Employee), St. Louis, MOJanuary 26, 2015
Pros: always room for advancement. health and dental benefits.
Pass on information was vital. Reading post orders at the beginning of the shift. Making rounds every hour was apart of the shift duties.

Management was always available via phone. Management observed my performance and I was rewarded.

Co- workers were helpful and most of the time dependable.

The hardest part was when I was posted in a building with no restroom facilities for one day. Filling in for someone who called off. The building was in a area were the homeless would try to live.
was excited to get into the field
Security site manager (Former Employee), Frankfort, KYJanuary 25, 2015
Pros: promises and potintial
Cons: promises not upheld
the only set back was given a goal promised that if you reach it we will advance you within 1 year. year came work one more year at this rate and we will see about advancement
Great company to work for
Mobile & patrol security officer (Current Employee), Southfield, MIJanuary 21, 2015
Pros: with this job you can accomplish skills related to safety, cpr, fire safety, and you could learn other skills such as dispatch and all sorts of other work related skills
Cons: there really arent any cons for me.
My day at work for this company is very relaxing I patrol the inside of the building looking at different points for safety hazards or unlocked doors help various customers navigate through out the buildings. Management are friendly, helpful and professional. Co-workers are friendly and helpful as well. Really .after I found my way around the site there wasn't any hard parts. The most enjoyable part about my job is their teaching me more skills about security in order to complete my job duties.
site was boring
Security Officer (Former Employee), Santa Fe, NMJanuary 11, 2015
Pros: good people
Cons: boring work
The management staff for the area were good and willing to work with you but the local sites were boring. You either stood around getting glassy eyed or walked around doing same. If you want a company to grow with......turn over might get it for you.
poor management
Security Supervisor (Former Employee), MOJanuary 5, 2015
Pros: good benefits
Cons: poor management
The management team was unprofessional at the time of my employment . I would not recommend this place of employment to anyone . The only good thing about the company was the benefits .
Security Guard Officer
Security Guard Officer (Current Employee), Boston, MADecember 29, 2014
• Enforce and comply with company policies, post orders and client instructions
• Provide a visual deterrence by maintaining high visibility at all times
• Conduct detailed observations of people and property within their area of responsibility
• Enforce rules and regulations of the venue at all times
• Provide access control by ensuring that only authorized persons are permitted in their area of responsibility
• Conduct weapons screening and bag checks following approved company procedures to ensure a safe environment
• Conduct foot patrols or fulfill standing posts in their area of responsibility as directed
• Verbally interact with other people within their area of responsibility
• Work all assigned hours & maintain available for additional assignments
good sites
Base Operator/Security Officer (Former Employee), chicagoDecember 28, 2014
Pros: bonus
Cons: none besides co workers gossip
good sites and great pay different sites to work while sro management easy going and fare. co workers comical but able to get alone with on special assignments.
Nice job placement
Lead Security Officer (Current Employee), St. Louis, MODecember 16, 2014
Pros: good clients
Cons: n/a
Monitor cameras, and interact with clients. The staff is very friendly.
Management is good.
The co-workers are easy to get along with.
there is no Respect for their employees
Assistant Security Supervisor (Former Employee), Houston, TXDecember 16, 2014
This Company has Site managesr that do not care about their employees
Family-Owned Security Company that knows how to welcome new-comers
Employee Services Specialist aka HR Generalist (Former Employee), Crescent Springs, KYDecember 5, 2014
Pros: good co-workers
Cons: can't think of any
As the Employee Services Specialist (aka HR Generalist) I was responsible for the full-cycle recruiting of security officers. This is a high-turnover industry, so I was always busy reviewing resumes, conducting phone-screens and personal interviews, coordinating second interviews with supervisors, and managing the pre-employment screening for all applicants.
I ultimately left due to differences with my Branch manager (whom I hear is no longer with Whelan), but I met many other leaders in the company that I was very impressed with.
I was very impressed with the on-boarding process for new hires. It was mostly electronic and included an excellent orientation program called "Welcome to Whelan." It gave a brief history of the company and encapsulated benefits and expectations very clearly. I feel it made new hires feel very welcome and excited to start work.
I really enjoyed working for this company.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Chicago, ILDecember 4, 2014
I really enjoyed working for this company. The staff was great, very polite and professional.

1 2 3 4 5

About Whelan Security

With headquarters in St. Louis, Missouri, Whelan Security is a privately-held, family-owned company providing contract security – Read more

Whelan Security Photos