Whelan Security Employee Reviews

Great Job
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXJune 21, 2017
great job, little to no stress...simple maintained security of assigned areas. the pay wasn't great, but the job was perfect. great start if you want to get a foot in the door in the security world.
Great company
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJune 21, 2017
Very good company to work for. Diverse workforce, with many sites available to all officers. On-site supervisors were very knowledgeable, as were all immediate supervisors.
Pros
Worked with officers with availability and location of sites
It's okay
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJune 21, 2017
It's nice but it doesn't pay a lot. It was very nice environment. I don't like the fact that they make us pay for our uniforms . But I understand it .
Great leaders
SECURITY SITE SUPERVISOR (Current Employee) –  IowaJune 20, 2017
Great family oriented business to work for. Great teams and management. Nice competitive pay. Good communication from upper manager to subordinates to keep everyone on pace.
good place to work, not a permanent job
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAJune 19, 2017
Whelan was a good place to work. You mostly just worked by yourself and you didn't interact much with other employees. The ones I knew were good workers. Overall, I would say it was a good job.
Pros
Flexible work schedule
Cons
a lot of downtime
a good starter job for those looking into careers
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJune 17, 2017
the only reason i had to leave whelan was because i was moving to a different state. If I didn't have to move IO would probably still be working for the security company of whelan.
Pros
good work environment
Cons
place of business may be unsuitable for the weak hearten and strong minded.
Great Company
SECURITY OFFICER (Former Employee) –  Headland, ALJune 17, 2017
I had to guard the peanut company at night. I was the only officer there at night with the workers, whom worked on the inside. it was quiet and peaceful. I would patrol on my own pace. I was paid on time and always accurate. when I was sick or needed time off my supervisor was always concerned and help me make up hours.
Pros
great place to work
Cons
no guard shack
Typical Security company.
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJune 15, 2017
Can have a high turn over. Basic training is provided. You have to provide your own security licencing. Health insurance benefits are set at the bare minimum required by law.
Wonderful company to work for!
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Jackson, TNJune 14, 2017
Whelan is a very professional and curitious! The job assignment was close to home and the people were absolutely amazing! I have never worked with such funny, friendly, accomidating people! Although the pay isn't that good. I mean I had a janitor tell me he would rather clean toliets than work for what we make. We make 8.65/hr he makes 12/hr. All he does is clean toliets and take out trash.
Pros
Friendly, accomidating, professional.
Cons
Pay is biweekly and isnt very good
Its a job
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Torrance, CAJune 14, 2017
I worked here for two and a half years while attending school. It was a good job for decent income but that's about it. There was no management communication with the officers and the post commander tends to sweep you under the rug when something goes wrong.
Okay company to work for.
Security Officer/Security Dispatcher (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJune 13, 2017
It's a manageable job. It's a job to have if you didn't have a lot of bills to pay because they don't pay their employees enough money. But the people there are nice.
Pros
Good people to work with.
Cons
The pay sucks
Great place and environment to be at.
Security officer (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJune 11, 2017
Good place to work at. I really liked their supervisors and local branch management. There were sometimes problems with staffing, but overall good place and the people were incredibly nice to work with. Never had any problems with the people on a personal basis.
Pros
Branch managers were available and work with you to succeed.
Cons
Sometimes short of staff and guards
Looking forward to growth and becoming an asset to company.
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  3501 corporate dr.suite#550 hyattsville md 20785June 8, 2017
The site where i work is a place where's there's a steady pace of traffic flow employees and tractor trailors. Your encountering many different attitudes and personalities. All and all it's an experience. Meeting greeting everyone as they enter the property. Sign in all visitors direct and assiat as needed.remain vigilant to the surroundings of the business.
Pros
Need advancement perhaps more pay
Cons
Clients are respectable as well as empliyees.
fun environment with great people
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJune 8, 2017
i have learned a lot about myself and what i am capable of, I really enjoy helping people and meeting their needs. What i do on a daily is secure the property and make sure everything is safe.
Not Steady Income
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Brownsville, TXJune 6, 2017
From one day to the next I was told that I would no longer be employed due to the Whelan Security contract ending with the company. It was such short notice and an inconvenience.
Productive and friendly place to work
Private Contractor/Security (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJune 4, 2017
Whelan security is a great company to work for and they work with their employees. Also the communication between managers and employees happens to be great. So I would say that as of now that I love the company that I am working for.
Stay away from this craphole!
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 4, 2017
Whelan does not value its employees. They tend to hold on to disgruntled employees. The management here is cold hearted and only care about themselves! They also have a sucky vacation time. You have to wait 30 days to be able to put in a request for a vacation, also they do not offer sick time, as if people don't have personal lives.
Productive work place with great benefits
Security Associate (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 3, 2017
Making sure everything on the property is running smoothly. I learned to never get angry with anyone no matter what your opinion of that individual is. Management is good, flexible as well.
Pros
paid lunch
Cons
unable to leave property
Very poor relationships with employees
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAMay 30, 2017
Whelan is a company that doesn't value their employees. You can work hard and still be let down by Whelan Security because they only deal in gossip and hearsay. So if you value a position with Whelan Security keep your mouth closed and do your job. Never speak up for yourself.
Pros
Cons
Unprofessional
This has not been the best job if you are a family person or have any disabilties.
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Blue Springs, MSMay 26, 2017
I've worked here for nearly a year. The turnover rate is higher than any company I have worked for. The project manager threatens workers with their jobs. Jobs are not stable and change day to day.
Pros
Good coworkers
Cons
No home life

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Whelan Security. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7