Whelan Security

Whelan Security Employee Reviews

Whelan
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARFebruary 5, 2016
Welcomes visitors by greeting them, in person or on the telephone, Answer telephone calls within 4 rings, Identify cost saving opportunities for supplies and postage, Monitor and maintain adequate office supply inventory, Timely prepare rental car reservations
Pros
I liked the people I worked with
Cons
I had to drive a long way to get there.
Recommendable
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXFebruary 4, 2016
I liked this company because they placed you in positions that were close to your place of residence as a means of convenience. The hours were flexible and worked well with me being a full time student and a single mother.
great place to work
Security officer/ Customer service associate (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXFebruary 1, 2016
very productive and they always look out for their employees, they have good benefits, hours and vacation pay and good management team
Pros
free lunch
Abba Truck Repairs
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Laredo, TXJanuary 22, 2016
I loved working here with my uncle being the owner of this wonderful company i learned a bunch about how to run a business and well i built more of my customer service skills
Very rewarding job as far as the experiences and the knowledge obtained
Security Supervisor/Officer (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJanuary 15, 2016
I really enjoy the teamwork and the positive feedback from the fan base of the venues I've worked. The experiences that I have personally experienced will last a lifetime and I feel privileged to be apart of something as awesome the things I've been apart of.I couldn't ask for a better management team as far as keeping employees informed as well as having their back.
Pros
being a part of history and once in a lifetime experiences
Cons
not enough hours to make a living
Data Entry
Data Entry (Current Employee) –  Irwindale, CAJanuary 13, 2016
always told your going to be given hours but never actually get a full 40. Told your going to be put at certain post but they post you somewhere else. terrible benifits. Not paid enough for everything that we have to do. terrible leadership. Sometimes paid and when you question them about not getting paid they get angry. will change the schedule unexpectly and when you show up they do not want to pay for the time you were there or by law the 4 hour you are required by law to recieve.
Pleasant work enviornment
Lieutenant/Supervisor Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAJanuary 4, 2016
Overall, the job is very easy. It's not a laboring job, and you work with great people. Everyone usually stays on one accord, and we get though the shifts pretty well. Sometimes, there are shortages, call off, etc., but what employer doesn't deal with that.
Pros
Worker recognition, promotions.
Cons
no set break; has to respond to all codes.
needs better compensation
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 29, 2015
This company will always keep an open spot for employment
high turn over rate and very low pay.Overtime is needed just to make a decent living.
Productive and fun place to work
P/T Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MODecember 28, 2015
It is a great place to work. I learn how to deal with different type of people's behavior and I work with amazing co-workers.
Pros
N/A
Cons
Insurance
Great Company
H.R Recruiter/ Training Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNDecember 24, 2015
They are a Great company to work for great benefits management always willing to listen you can grow with the company if you are able to do the job
Pros
great company
Cons
need to advance
Wouldn't Recommend
Security Lead Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXDecember 22, 2015
I worked for Whelan for 7 years, in that 7 years, I was never granted an opportunity to advance. I applied for a CSM position and was informed that my application was thrown out. I remained a Site Supervisor from 2009-2015 at 1 site, where we could not get any help. The Dallas branch office had what seemed like a monthly complete turnover of the Branch Personell. My site remained short handed for over a year, and Whelan ended up losing the contract.
Pros
Great sites
Cons
Poor upper management
fun place to work
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Decatur, IllinoisDecember 16, 2015
I enjoyed being a security officer for GSI in Assumption, IL. I enjoyed working with my coworkers as well as the employees at GSI.
Pros
great people to work with and for, good pay
Cons
driving distance
Productive and fun workplace
Gate Officer (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXDecember 15, 2015
Working as a security officer with Whelan Security has been a great opportunity to work with an amazing company.
I will forever value this experience as I learned what it means to keep a property secure.
Pros
Secure property
Cons
short breaks
Great company
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Roseville, MNDecember 14, 2015
Accounts are a lot of fun, overtime opportunities with events. Supervisors are great at making sure you have what you need, they are helpful.
Pros
management, working at accounts is fun
Cons
compensation is lacking, hours can be irregular
Good Start.
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MODecember 9, 2015
Overall this company is a good place to start in the Security field, for younger persons interested in law enforcement.
Pros
Self directed
Cons
Yearly cost of living adjustment are few & far between.
Easiest job
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Canton, MSDecember 9, 2015
Great job but poor management. Equality is unheard of at this place. The managers show favoritism. If a problem arises sure you'll be able to set up a meeting but they don't try to fix the problem, it goes in one ear and out the other.
Excellent Security Company
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Yakima, WADecember 8, 2015
A company that always works with employee's and customers to ensure quality service. Whelan Security ensures the highest quality employees are hired to maximize the benefit to the customer.
stacy jackson
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIDecember 7, 2015
Whelan security was a security company that I really wanted to grow, I have learned the function of the job in a timely manner. I have good people skills so I dealt with all type of truck drivers ,because I worked at Miller Coors. The hardest part of the job was when the truck drivers load was not ready and the had to wait for hours. I still keep in touch with my co- workers.
Pros
sometimes free lunch
Cons
short breaks
Great Place to work
Security Professional (Current Employee) –  Centennial, CODecember 3, 2015
Amazing Place to be employed. They respect you, sometime the weather conditions can be challenging. The uniforms are issued to you new and team are willing to train you.
Front Desk Receptionist Security
Security Officer/ Customer Service Agent (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 16, 2015
A typical day at my job involves greeting and signing in registered visitors. What I have learned since being employed there is everyone likes to be remembered no matter how short the interaction. My co-workers are more like family. The most enjoyable part of my job is meeting people from all over the world.
Pros
I have a good schedule.
Cons
Not getting paid enough.