Whelan Security Employee Review

View all Whelan Security reviews

Productive and nice setting working at Shops At Canal Place
Captain (Current Employee) –  New OrleansJanuary 2, 2014
A typical day at work is making sure all employees are doing their task required and to make sure all patrons feel safe and secure that security is around to assist them with any questions or concerns. As a Captain at Shops and Canal Place I've learned that patrons are always right and no matter what kind of day you are having you must always be positive and able to assist tourist and patrons with a smile. The most enjoyable part of my job is working with interesting people and meeting different people. The hardest part of my job is dealing with employees attitudes.
Pros
Free parking, downtown access
Cons
short breaks, limited eateries

Other Whelan Security Employee Reviews

Great Place
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Landover, MD 20785December 10, 2017
Good place to work. I would recommend this company to anyone if your just starting out as a security officer. This place will get things started for you.
Site supervisor (Former Employee) –  Santa Rosa, NMDecember 9, 2017
When I worked for the company I was site supervisor. I was working sometimes 16 to 24 hours without any help from management. When I had some family issues with my youngest daughter who couldn't be left alone at night the general manager switched me from mornings to graveyards when I told him I couldn't due to my daughter he started treating me terribly. Then puts me on the no rehire list with no explanations.
Pros
Great company
Cons
general manager

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Whelan Security. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7