Whidbey General Hospital

Whidbey General Hospital Employer Reviews

Great experience - except that it was a temp position.
Clerk IV - DI (Former Employee), Coupeville, WAFebruary 11, 2014
Pros: had good role models.
Cons: difficult computer program.
This was a per-diem shift, so I helped in several departments. I greeted, registered, and ordered diagnostic tests for patients. I would print the mammogram schedules, pull the films, and make reminder phone calls.

I enjoyed everything about this job. I love my line of work. I am good with patients and office support positions.

My co-workers were – more... friendly, and helpful. – less
Fun place to work with great co-workers
EMT-B (Current Employee), Coupeville, WAFebruary 8, 2014
7 year employee for Whidbey General EMS has been a great experience.
Take the good with the bad
Health Care Assistant Certification (Current Employee), Coupeville, WAMay 23, 2013
Pros: good benefits however really look at the fine print
Cons: no successful management teams, disrespectful attitude toward one another, always breaking federal guidelines
Whidbey General has been a good place to work, it's been good to me over the years but it is time to move on. The culture is not what it used to be and is declining in support for employees. Administration does not have employees best interest at heart, they will stab you in the back in a second. My advice to you if you were looking for a job here is – more... to keep looking, you will be unhappy after a while and there is no real chance for growth within. – less
An organizaiton in the midst of a transformational culture change.
Learning and Performance Coordinator (Current Employee), Coupeville, WAFebruary 24, 2013
The organization continues its journey; going from a good hospital to a great hospital. Action, alignment and accountability are the three tools in the tool box to execute such a profound change to its culture. It is a great place to work.

Ludie – March 10, 2013

Sounds like the human resource department!

Friendly coworkers and growth driven management
Community Relations Program Assistant (Former Employee), Coupeville, WAFebruary 1, 2013
Pros: cafe, short commute if you live on island, support continuing educatiob
Cons: in small town...different mentality if you are from the city
My time at WGH was wonderful (1998-2000). Executives were very in tune with keeping employees happy. I was blessed to have a very motivating supervisor, who I continue to look up to. Cafe had wonderful meals! Before I left, the CEO was resigning and they were headed towards a patients first vision.
Money isn't everything
support (Former Employee), CoupevilleJanuary 28, 2013
Pros: not enough pros to warrant working there
Cons: terrible morale
While the pay and benefits were very adequate, the management has gone downhill steadily, and currently is on a mission to remove or drive away full time and union staff. Dishonest and unsupportive. My advice would be to stay clear of WGH until there is a major overturn in middle and upper management.
Student Radiographer (Current Employee), Coupeville, WADecember 5, 2012
While working at Whidbey General Hospital I have learned all of the things necessary to become a successful radiologic technician. My day usually consists of several outpatient exams in the morning along with flouroscopic examinations. The evening shifts consist of more emergency department exams. Throughout my time working here the co-workers have – more... been professional and courteous in their work. – less
Very friendly people to work with.
Respiratory Therapist (Former Employee), Coupeville, WANovember 29, 2012
Pros: small hospital. job included many different areas of respiratory.
Cons: driving to work in the snow, but i still enjoyed even that.
I enjoyed working at WGH. All of the employees that worked there were very friendly and always willing to help each other. The hardest part of my job was when it got really busy at night because I worked alone.
Staff is constantly chastised
Medical transcriptionist (Former Employee), CoupevilleOctober 14, 2012
Pros: union wages - otherwise you'd be paid peanuts
Cons: top heavy in admin
Administration by intimidation. Current CEO is not in touch with community. Place is falling apart and is old. Think long and hard before applying here. They never pay OT consistently. Outsourced transcriptionists in most unprofessional way - where were their standards of behavior then? Lab staff leaving and fed up.

Armelda – February 28, 2013

The organizaton is in transition and has hired several new, experienced excellent department managers to lead this much needed cultural change. Change is not always welcomed by some, as they are comfortable with the status quo. They choose to leave rather than meet the new higher expectations. The community deserves a hospital of the highest quality and that is what the management team is striving for. If you want to make a difference and like a challenge this is an exciting time at WGH!

outsourced2 – March 3, 2013

The hospital has so damaged its reputation in the community that they are now considering rebranding. People retire, their job isn't listed as a new position to apply for, a violation of union rules. As long as you don't have a complaint, you'll fit right in, otherwise ignored. Why has the nursing staff had to recently reapply to their "new" positions?

100%
Self Pay COLLECTOR (Former Employee), Coupeville, WAOctober 1, 2012
The Mediical Professional's are exactly that,top notch and the care they give to the patients is outstanding.
While employed at Whidbey General there was 3 different CEO'S, the 1st CEO was the original when the Hospital first opened he and the 2nd were devoted to all fascets of operating,expanded growth and creating a valuable and reputable institution – more... on Whidbey Island. With the hiring of the 3rd however this has truly been the demise and distruction of Whidbey General. The Management team and the many Directors should be ashamed and disgusted with themselves for the manner in which they have HANDLED BUSINESS it is a travasty and will take more then words to formulate any kind of admission of failure on their part to correct all the wrong doings they have inflected on their employees.
inflected on their employees – less
Not a bad place to work
Human Resources Assistant and Payroll Specialist (Current Employee), Coupeville, WAApril 4, 2012
Pros: cafe, location
Cons: growth opportunities
This organization is in the process of reorganizing and extinguishing past culture with a new idea towards culture and change to better service for patients. Overall, a great place to work