Whirlpool Corporation Employee Reviews

good money
Quality Auditor/Inspector (Current Employee) –  Greenville, OHOctober 19, 2017
i make good money but the management in this place is unfair. ive worked here for 11 years i like working here but they are just so unfair and everyone has different rules they go by...
Process Owner (Former Employee) –  Marion, OHOctober 19, 2017
Working in a manufacturing facility has its ups and down. It is a relaxed work environment, but is loud and...well a factory. But the people are incredible and the company is great and responsive to its employees. This company firmly believes that people are their best resource!
Great employees not so great employer
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Amana, IAOctober 18, 2017
The job can be very stressful for someone with anxiety. The people working there are great. HR doesn't work with you very well on hard situations until you have been there for a year. Everything goes by seniority so new hires have a really hard time. You get two 9 minute breaks in the morning a half hour lunch and a 10 minute break at the end of the day.
Pros
People are great, decent breaks
Cons
HR doesn't care, New hires have a hard time.
IT's ok
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Benton Harbor, MIOctober 18, 2017
Lack of advancement due to politics, not paid enough to deal with stressful environments. Leadership does not value you as a person. Nothing additional to say.
horrible place to work
Assembler (Current Employee) –  Marion, OHOctober 17, 2017
this place is lacking in management and production is Training is really horrible and what you dont know you have to learn on the fly and people get mad if they have to show you.
Great Place
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Benton Harbor, MIOctober 15, 2017
Wonderful atmosphere, good work environment. Understands LIFE HAPPENS. Decent pay, with once monthly paid commission. Easy advancement if patient and willing to out forth effort.
Good Midwestern Values
Brand Licensing Manager (Current Employee) –  Benton Harbor, MIOctober 13, 2017
Overall great company to work for. The company culture is a huge part of Whirlpool and for the most part everyone loves working for the company. Great brands and good people!
Stressful workplace
Consumer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, TNOctober 13, 2017
I constantly felt judged for everything done, so I was worried to even do what I was allowed to do. The customers were also highly stressful when they called. They seemed to gain this sense of confidence over the phone and can be extraordinarily rude. Workers are told that if they have a bad call that they can take a minute to regather themselves if it's necessary, but they get on you for taking "too long" even when it's only been a couple of minutes. Being someone with mental health, sometimes it takes a little longer to recoup. My advisor knew this and still made me feel bad about taking a minute to regather. I LOVE my coworkers, however, and a lot of the advisors are wonderful, but I have just had an overall unpleasant experience.
Pros
Great coworkers
Cons
Extremely stressful
Corporate America
Trade Partner Service Support (Former Employee) –  Yakima, WAOctober 12, 2017
Based on my experience in the appliance industry, corporate America asks its' employees to redirect a great deal of animosity from dissatisfied consumers to trade partners. To summarize my experience, it forced me to become slightly desensitized to people when I'm unable to provide assistance due to restraints in place to save the company money.
Pros
The paycheck
Cons
Sacrificing your time for a company I strongly felt doesn't truely value its' employees
Great people but unclear direction
Manager (Current Employee) –  Benton Harbor, MIOctober 10, 2017
I am impressed with the quality of employees Whirlpool manages to attract - especially given its location in a very small town in Michigan, two hours' drive from big cities. But in my opinion the company is struggling to define itself and adapt to changing consumer needs and preferences.
Pros
Great people and balanced work/life
Cons
Location and pace of change

Want to know more about Whirlpool Corporation?

Ask a question
Good job once you get hired
Technician (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKOctober 10, 2017
Starting off as a temporary employee is rough with limited days off and lack of good training. You won't have any problems if you are a determined and hard working person.
Pros
3 day weekends
Good for early career development but longterm growth not a given
Project Electrical Systems Integration Engineer (Current Employee) –  Benton Harbor, MIOctober 9, 2017
Pros
- great benefits
- great people
- broad range of people you can potentially interact with on a daily basis
- autonomous

Cons
- poor planning (a lot of scope change and project delays)
- poor resource allotment (missing a lot of people in important roles)
- firefighting is rewarded
Working at Whirlpool
General Worker (Former Employee) –  Clyde, OHOctober 9, 2017
A typical day at Whirlpool would start out by going to your work area and having a meeting with you TL (team lead) of your area giving you updates about things going on in and out of Whirlpool, safety tips and anything else they wanted to share. You would go to your station and when the bell rang you started working, rotating every half hour. Some areas are less physical than others. That sums up a work day at Whirlpool.
Pros
Cafeteria, Wash Store (you can get work shoes, appeal, etc...)
Cons
Short breaks, communication not the best at times
good place to work
Press and Shear Operator (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OK 74117October 6, 2017
Wages wear to low only reason for leaving loved team concept 4 10hour days bounce were not bad good discount on products just not enofe money or on Friday
life balance
Customer Service Agent II (Former Employee) –  Benton Harbor, MIOctober 6, 2017
I only got to work here for over six weeks passed my training the recruiters are friendly and they want to see you succeed. I enjoyed my classes even though they are eight hours long the training of product is well worth it. my only regret is I had to resign my position due to health issues.
Pros
good place to work
Excess Upgrade (Former Employee) –  Evansville, INOctober 6, 2017
Whirlpool was the first job that I had ever had working in a unionized environment and it worked out for me for two years. I did not like being layed-off from work even though I got called back.
Pros
Excellent pay and benefits
Cons
Constantly working
Why do indeed make you do this?
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXOctober 5, 2017
CareerBuilder doesn't make you do all this to post a job. It is already stressful as is having to complete this much information just to use the site. This is not good.
Experience
Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Benton Harbor, MIOctober 4, 2017
I had the ability to begin my professional career here at the Whirlpool corporation. I would recommend this employer to anyone looking to launch your career.
A good place for industrial experience for mechanical engineers
Design Engineer Co-Op (Former Employee) –  Amana, IAOctober 3, 2017
This is a world class manufacturing company and I had a good experience as a co-op. Learned a lot from good mentors and faced nice and helpful people during my experience.
Easy work, nice management
Stocker (Former Employee) –  Owasso, OKOctober 2, 2017
Super easy, slow paced work place. Very flexible with hours, easy to accommodate having multiple jobs. Not many benefits from working here, no discounts, no 401k or any paid off time.
Pros
Nice hours
Cons
No benefits

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Whirlpool Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.