Whirlpool Corporation Employee Reviews

Whirlpool clyde, oh great place to work
Assembly Technician (Current Employee) –  Clyde, OHFebruary 22, 2018
It's a fast paced job keeping your eyes off the clock 8 hour days no mandatory overtime most weekends, great benefits, a cafeteria which no other factory is been at had. Great people great training overall one of the beat factory jobs out there
Pros
Food, benefits, paid vacation, 401k, discounts, great management, ability to move up and get promotions. Pay numb every 6 months
Cons
Short breaks, no smoking which isn't a big deal if you don't mind running to the sidewalk by the parking lot
stressfull
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Amana, IAFebruary 22, 2018
you work your butt off then they let you go just before your probation is up and walk you out the door like a common criminal I feel they tend to play favorites and if you are not a favorite life is no fun here
Very enjoyable environment. Just show up and do the required tasks and things will go smoothly.
Production Worker (Current Employee) –  Clyde, OHFebruary 22, 2018
I recommend whirlpool strongly. Offers good pay, benefits, PTO, and much more. The environment is easy going and interactive. The jobs and tasks are manageable and often fun.
Always Productive But need to work on their Management
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IAFebruary 21, 2018
I enjoyed the work environment and whom I worked with there at Whirlpool. They had very POOR Team leaders on their Lines. I learned out to Assemble a Refrigerator. Like what part goes where while it comes down the line in a face past. There was some positions that was hard due to lack of Training. They kept me in one spot for a while and then slowly introduce me to other spots on the line and didn't proper train me. Some spots on the line I was to short for and lacked on helping me feel comfortable in curtain parts of the line alone. The most enjoyable part of working there was with my employees.
Whirlpool was great
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, TNFebruary 21, 2018
Whirlpool was a great place to work, I left because I had 2 children in daycare and it wasn't paying me to work when my whole paycheck was going to daycare.
Assembly Set Up Technician (Current Employee) –  Marion, OHFebruary 20, 2018
Friendly coworkers
Overtime offered
Good benefits
Very safe environment
Pros
Good management
Cons
Dont get hurt
great place but was laid off
Assembly line, Utility Helper (Former Employee) –  Fort Smith, ARFebruary 20, 2018
Whirlpool Co. was a great place to work until they laid off and closed down the warehouse leaving over 4,000 employees unemployed. I have nothing else to say about Whirlpool.
No room for advancement
CIC - CAR (Former Employee) –  Benton Harbor, MIFebruary 20, 2018
Hired on the pretense that I would be going into a specific department. Was told this prior to being hired and also all through the hiring process. Never got into that department and they moved the department to another state within 6 months of my hiring.
Pros
Cons
Supervisory skills
whirlpool refrigarators
INSPECTOR (Current Employee) –  Amana, IAFebruary 20, 2018
a good place to work
nice people
great management
they have breakfast and lunch available to buy
drinks and energy drinks
pleasant people to work with
Stress full and they play favorites
Assembler/Production (Current Employee) –  Amana, IAFebruary 20, 2018
Started off great and after a lot of upper management changes has slowly went downhill since you get no training on how to do jobs that yoy bid on, its a sink or swin mentallity currently.
fast paced
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Evansville, INFebruary 19, 2018
Working on assembly line was easy and hard at times. I enjoyed it... It was only hard when the parts was defected and it couldn't be fixed easy.. Have several different things that are repetitive.. Makes a fast day if the part runs done but if it runs poorly it could make slow day as well.
fast lot of chang over
stand-up forklift operator (Current Employee) –  Findlay, OHFebruary 18, 2018
ll supplys for my line return finish goods how keep up int.mant. very good good mix of people very tite in out of lines do all the diff. modals
Whirlpool Corp.
Supply Chain Manager (Current Employee) –  Benton Harbor, MIFebruary 16, 2018
Great company to work for.

Pros:
Great work/life balance
Flexible work schedules
Brand new building; NAR HQ

Cons:
Small town, not a lot to do
Poor morale; multiple layoffs over the past 2 years
Slow to react to customer needs
Too many levels of approvals needed on projects
Fast pace
Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Clyde, OHFebruary 16, 2018
I really enjoyed working for Whirlpool. The pay was very good and you had just about every weekend off. There was room for advancement if you wanted to go the route. you never had to stay in a certain work area (assembly) you could move around to different parts of the plant.
Pros
Room to learn and Grow. Very good at training their employees.
Cons
Short Breaks
very busy and stressful
Technical Consultant, Fabric Laundry Controls (Former Employee) –  Benton Harbor, MIFebruary 16, 2018
must be able to perform at a high level. Learned on the job training, getting along with coworkers, and meeting new people. Typical day is very busy and stressful.
Pros
flexible work schedule
Cons
lots of work.
Fast paced enviroment. Loved the people I worked with.
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Marion, OHFebruary 16, 2018
Moved to Marion, whirlpool was my first factory job. It was difficult to pick up on the smallest requests. After a couple of weeks I realized I really enjoyed the work I was doing along with the people helping along the way .......
Pros
Four ten hour days and three day weekend
Cons
no smoking on property
Good Pay for the work
Area Coordinator, Production, & Back Up Expeditor (Former Employee) –  Findlay, OHFebruary 15, 2018
Good pay. Good benefits. Overall a good place to work. Had too many clicks in the Organization. They had a buddy system. Promoted on who they know rather than skills.
Benefits
Cons
Clicks within the Plant, you are in or out
people
Project Engineer (Former Employee) –  mexicoFebruary 13, 2018
Pros
Visa Sponsorship(H1B, Green card, etc), good employee benifit(health care, 401K, etc), Very diverse culture working enviroment, plenty of opportunities
Cons
Tech centers & factory located at small towns, Lots of process to do work/ finish a project, slow pace working enviroment, low innovation
Advice to Management
Move offices to metropolitan area, Home Appliances need new tech now a days! Innovation!
Pros
Flexible time
Cons
salary
Don’t work here
Call Center Representative (Former Employee) –  Benton Harbor, MIFebruary 13, 2018
This a horrible place to work for! They don’t care about consumers or workers, they fire everyone and just keep bringing in new hires to replace for like a week. You get lied to and in trouble for just looking the wrong way so ridiculous.
Pros
Cons
Short term
This is a challenging and learning environment
Technical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Amana, IAFebruary 10, 2018
Work closely with the engineering team. There are always new challenges and no two days are the same. Ability to manage projects and take accountability for meeting schedules.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Whirlpool Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.

Women's ratings