Dock Operations Supervisor
-Ensure that all captains and mechanics are logging fuel dip charts, daily maintenance
checklists, boat logs in a timely manner. Ensuring that all logs are kept neat and tidy.
-Ensure all river staff is in proper uniform at all times. All staff must be in uniform prior to
punch in and out of uniform after punch out.
-Overseeing of all river staff pre and post trip duties. To include all cleaning and
maintenance of vessels and grounds. Cleaning and hanging of passenger gear.
-Ensure that all staff completes timely and professional safety orientations prior to each
-Ensure upkeep and inventory of all river equipment including boat microphones, bilge
pumps, ropes on deck and vessels, and passenger gear.
-Assist in evaluations for all river staff twice during summer months. (2 weeks into
position and another before July 31 of each season.
-Report any non compliant actions of crew to Operations Manager. Complete discipline
reports and review with appropriate staff members. Send all correspondence to
-Ensure general tidiness and cleaning of change rooms, grounds, parking lot, buildings
power-wash decking, garbage removal
-Ensure that photographers are timely and professional while coordinating
guests for photo shots at dock area.
Health and safety responsibilities:
- Understand and follow all company health and safety policies and procedures
- Responsible for the safety and well-being of 50+ guests per trip
- Passenger first aid
-Completed High School
-Must be 18 or older
Skills and Competencies
- Basic computer skills
- Mechanical aptitude, strong knowledge of all mechanical for each vessel.
- Dynamic, Outgoing, Confident
- Excellent oral communication – comfortable speaking in large groups and giving directions,
- Organizational skills with regard to use of time and controlling / moving large numbers of passengers onto / off vessels,
- Demonstrates above average Initiative
- Problem Solving and Self Control - dealing with upset / nervous / irate passengers
- Punctual and respectful of time restraints and demands when serving large numbers of people
Physical Demands Associated with the Position:
-Assisting passengers onto / off vessel
-Outside during all types of weather
-Sweeping, power-washing, cleaning and maintenance of vessels,
Equipment routinely used on the job:
- First Aid and river safety equipment, computer for inputting and checking all logs, basic
knowledge of access data base, Jet Boats and all pertinent equipment of each vessel.