Whirlpool

Whirlpool Employer Reviews

Family oriented with plenty of advancement opportunities
Team lead (Former Employee), Fort Smith, ARJanuary 22, 2015
This was a family oriented company with flexible oppportunities. I learned positions of the lowest status to the highest. My co-workers were like family because we worked very close with each other for long periods of time. The hardest part of the job was standing for 8 hours due to no chairs.
I loved working for Whirlpool. Met a lot of nice people and no complaints from me.
Assembler (Former Employee), Clyde, OHJanuary 21, 2015
Pros: big cafateria, plenty of vending machines, etc.
Cons: 1/2 hour lunches, only 2 break for 10 mins.
I started work at 2:30pm. and worked til 11:15pm. I learned how to make washers for Whirlpool and our other company's. It's amazing to see how a washer is assembled in just a few minutes. Management was great because they where always their to help with our questions and to make sure the product had no flaws. I became very good friends with the employees I worked with in the factory. We did our job and also was able to communicate with one another in case we would need assistance from another employee. The hardest part of the job was when the line broke down or certain sections was shut down due to errors on the line or machine malfunctioned. I loved our finished work product. knowing we made 1600 washers in our shift made us feel great. That was the best part of my job.
Analysis and Finance oriented company.
Sales Analyst (Current Employee), Bayamon, Puerto RicoJanuary 16, 2015
Pros: 401k
Cons: healthinsurance
A typical day at work consists of business development, profit management, sales, inventory analysis, research, customer service and business growing.

I have learned to manage profit plans, forecasts, inventory analysis, loadability management and growing business.

Excelent hard working team.

Hardest part of the job is long working hours sometimes including nights and weekends.

The most enjoyable part of the job is getting to work with different styles and people.
It is a good place to work
Receiving Clerk (Current Employee), Cleveland, TNJanuary 13, 2015
Pros: cool building for summer warm for winter.
Cons: lack of promotions.
10 hour shift
I have the knowledge to do the job,
See my manger on daily bases,
Great co-workers
Not any of my job is hard,
The end of it.
good place to work
assembler (Former Employee), Marion, OHJanuary 13, 2015
Pros: meeting new people
Cons: in the summer it was super hot d unbearable
good place to work eventually you will get paid really well. good people to work with you can work in different areas. learn a lot of things along the way. At this particular plant you build the dryers there are some parts that are hard to build. Where I was at I built the console of the dryer and it was somewhat easy once you got the hang of it.
Good place to work for.
Technician (Former Employee), Tulsa OkJanuary 11, 2015
Pros: pretty easy going job.
Alot of working with tools on an assembly line. People were great and a very nice facility.
Best job I've had!
Trade Customer Support (Former Employee), Saint Joseph, MIJanuary 9, 2015
Pros: events to attend; opportunity to be hired into whirlpool based on attendance and performance
Cons: crazy call seasons & irate customers; rewards quantity of work rather than quality; sitting for 8hrs
Relaxed and very friendly work environment. Great perks. Advancement Opportunities! Decent entry level pay. Great management team! Typical day at work involves going in, taking calls, two 15 min breaks and a lunch, little supervision (however, they will notice when you've been in a inactive stage for long periods), and the day is over. Open from 8-8pm. You work very fast and have great attendance, you will get priority scheduling, where you determine your own schedule. I preferred working at night because there aren't many people there at that time and it's a bit quieter. Hardest part of the job is the crammed training (which really isn't hard) and most enjoyable part are the people you work with. Everyone is very loving and awesome, including management.
productive place to work
Forklift Operator (Current Employee), Tulsa, OKJanuary 5, 2015
Pros: pay and nice people
Cons: hours
the work day goes by fast. you learn how to ship ranges,co-workers are nice, the hardiest part of the job are the hours witch i have to get up to make it to work on time, makes it hard to do things i have to do during the week.
A strong competitive corporate environment, with intense training opportunities to gain leadership skills and advancement
Consumer Safety Information Specialist, Associate (Former Employee), Saint Joseph, MIJanuary 4, 2015
Pros: strong training and advancement opportunities
Cons: heavy work loads causing stressful work environments
Work environment was geared for excellence, for learning, for a lean environment, and a strong focus on the customer.

Co-workers strived to be the best, and management expected it.
I learned to strive for that excellence, and enjoyed the comradery of daily successes, with co-workers and leadership.

Although work was not too complicated in the roles I was given the opportunity to perform, the work load was heavy. The heavy work load seemed to be a common condition across many departments. With a strong focus on lean the environment, co-workers and I learned to work smarter, not harder. Success in a stressful environment felt like strong victories. And pushing to achieve those daily victories was, and is, a goal of every employee.
Fast paced, educational, career opertunities
Quality Control Inspector (Former Employee), TNDecember 31, 2014
Pros: career advancement
Cons: only temporary career advancement
Started as a class a press operator. set up dies and run to blueprint. Promoted to Temporary Supervisor 3 different times as seasonal needs required. Quality Line inspector 1 time.
Great Company
Care Expert (Current Employee), Benton Harbor, MIDecember 22, 2014
Although whirpool is a great company management isnt super involvled with coworkers. Also work life balance isnt great and neither is the compensations. but this is because you go through a temp agency
Line operator
Line Operator (Former Employee), Evansville, IN.December 21, 2014
I screwed part in to doors on the assembly line and assisted other operators when I had time
Great company to work for.
Material Handler (Current Employee), Clyde, OHDecember 11, 2014
Pros: good pay, good work hours.
Cons: management and advancement
My typical day involves me taking parts to the lines and making sure they get put in the right place and on time. I have learned how to drive a tow motor and a tugger. Management is up and down. Some good, good not so good. I enjoy mostly everyone I work with. We joke around and have fun, but get the job done and safely.
Don't apply for a marketing job
Marketing Manager (Former Employee), Benton Harbor, MIDecember 11, 2014
Pros: salary, vacation, locale, office building
Cons: work-life balance, culture, leadership
This company does not support marketing efforts, nor do they hire talented leaders to drive the marketing organization. Benefits are great, as is vacation time. The offices are amazing, and the company is doing a great job of trying to engage its employees overall. Unfortunately so many people work 12 and 13 hour days, are under appreciated and taken advantage of. Not a happy place to work.
I learned alot
Kelly Temp Service (Former Employee), Greenville, OHDecember 10, 2014
I really like going to work at whirlpool. I got my fork lift license through them and it was definitely a great experience to work there
Fun working place
Motor Builder (Former Employee), Greenville, OHDecember 4, 2014
This job was hands on and required you to work fast paced. I built Kitchenaid Mixers. Use of motor tools. Co- workers were very nice and willing to help. What I learned was communication skills. You work with a big team of co-workers and communication is a key.
Planned on retiring from there
700 UP GRADE REPAIR & RELIEF EXCESS (Former Employee), Evansville, INNovember 25, 2014
Pros: hands on learning
Cons: plant closed and moved to mexico
great co workers, great team work, Life long friends were made during my time there
Assembly -learning different jobs
Group Leader (Former Employee), TNNovember 20, 2014
Pros: pros; working with your co-workers to successfully compelet the job.
Cons: cons; the day the plant closed down.
A typical day at work was building refrigerator and repairing any damage ones.

what I learned was the more you put in it the better you become as I team.

management worked hard and right alone beside you for success.

My co-workers was willing to work with you if something new came around.

The hardest part of my job was when the refrigerator broke down fining the right parts.

The most enjoyable part of the job was the people and the management working as a team.
great
Accounting Freight Specialist Associate (Former Employee), Benton Harbor, MINovember 19, 2014
loved working for whirlpool. travel was always great, good staff and kitchen for cooking lunches
fun fast paced job
manufacturer (Former Employee), Clyde, OHNovember 17, 2014
I assembled dock lights and heaters
co- workers were like family

1 2 3 4 5

About Whirlpool

With brand names recognized by just about anyone who has ever separated dark colors from light, Whirlpool is one of the world's top – Read more