Whispering Oaks Employee Reviews

My experience a whispering oaks
Unit Counselor (Former Employee) –  Julian, CAAugust 28, 2017
It was a high pace and you were almost always going, always with your kids except when on your break each day. The administration tries to help you out as much as they can and the community of the staff is truly inspired,
whispering oaks
LPN (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLAugust 26, 2017
okay as a place to start your nursing career, but they are more focused on filling positions with RNs, can be disorganized, but otherwise good staff, CNAs could be better.
Pros
flexibility with hours
Cons
no holiday pay, high medical insurance, no 401K
Easy place to work
Front Desk Clerk (Current Employee) –  Marshfield, MOJuly 29, 2017
Working here was not a very hard job. The hours are very flexible and the management is great. On occasion, it would get busy in the summer time, but unless there was a tournament, it was not too bad.
Pros
Free snack and drink
Nice place to work
House Manager (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIMay 28, 2017
C.E.O. and staff is really nice and out going. This is the best job I ever had. If the company was in Ga I would be working there until retirement. The hous is great, The homes are beautiful and in a safe neighborhood. Upper management come by and assist whrn needed
Pros
Good People
Cons
healthcare
Rough
Salvage Specialist (Former Employee) –  Battle Creek, MIMay 12, 2017
whispering oaks is a hard and dirty job with poor management. the weather can make the job very rough. pay is cash hourly. be prepared to get cold, wet, and dirty working at whispering oaks
Fun learning experience
Direct service Personal (Former Employee) –  Rosiclare, ILJanuary 14, 2016
I clocked in did my daily task.Communicated with my reidents.Learned patience and got along with my co-workers great.
Pros
Four days on three days off 10 hour shifts.
Cons
No chance for advancement.Low pay
Great Place to work
Apartment Manager (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYApril 23, 2015
Whispering Oaks was a great place to work.

Management was very hands on and made you feel like a person not just and employee.
Pros
Cons
Salary
Special place to work
Activities Assistant/ Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  tampa flMay 31, 2014
When you work in this place everithing working good,nice people and co workers.
Personal care.
Pros
the growth you can make and the things you can learn in each job.
Cons
when your co-workers don't work as a team.
Managed 50 units
Park Manager (Former Employee) –  Belleview, FLFebruary 17, 2014
Took revenue from tenants for payment of their units. Filled out work orders for repairs and maintenance. Scheduled maintenance to complete tasks. Purchased materials for repairs. My co-workers were fantastic! The tenants are wonderful and colorful people full of life. I enjoyed my interactions with the tenants and making sure the property was held to a high standard of living. The hardest part of the job was being on call 24/7 for all emergencies. The most enjoyable part of the job was the filling of accomplishment when making the tenants happy.
Pros
meeting great people
Cons
no health care or benefits.
Great assistant Living home
Personal Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Ellendale, MNNovember 5, 2013
Typical day at work would include : Setting tables for supper, Prepare supper, serve supper, bedside care for 20 patients, monitor vitals, administer medication as prescribed.

The most enjoyable part of job was taking care of my residents.
Assisting residents and promoting morale
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLMay 22, 2013
A typical work day involved helping residents and helping them enjoy the nice weather when possible and other group social activities. Sometimes I would be tasked with assisting with outside appointments which was very rewarding knowing I made a difference by helping someone. Working with my coworkers was another enjoyment that I miss. We would always work as a team when needed to provide resident care. I don't recall any area of the job being the hardest because the staff's team work to make sure the residents received the best care. The most enjoyable part of the job was seeing the residents happy and smiling.
Pros
Diversity an willingness to help was prevalent
Cons
Sometimes no extra shifts available
the members were wonderful and management loved everyone
Self Employed (Former Employee) –  Talladega, ALApril 3, 2013
helping the members with all their needs and putting a smile on the face of the person you were helping. Nobody is perfect is what I learned there. Management on the lower levels were great but on the higher up they were better than anybody made it look split place of business. the Co-workers were very nice and friendly willing to help you with anything. Hardest part of the job was making sure you had exactly what you were supposed to everyday. I enjoyed helping the older members with anything they did not understand or what ever it was they needed.
Pros
laid back
Cons
higher up mamagment
Good
Certified Nurse Aid (Former Employee) –  Cuero, TXDecember 19, 2012
Helped residents with activities of daily living. Bathing, feeding, clothing ect.
Great place and great shift for the season
Night Watchmen (Former Employee) –  Paris, KYJuly 24, 2012
A typical night at work would include watering the horse and making sure they had water all through the night. If a mare went into labor I was needed to make sure everything was going smooth and if it went wrong i would have to go in the stall and help with delivery and/or call the vet. I worked alone so I had no other co-workers. At this job i learned how to deliver and care for foals while also giving occasonal vet assistance.
Pros
worked alone and took breaks if i had down time
Cons
often boring and sometimes hard to keep myself awake
night shift
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJune 13, 2012
Always had to rummage around for supplies, paperwork for units was very unorganized. The hardest part of the job was when I found out that their were 2 patients there the age of my youngest daughter. All night shift nurses helped each other.
family oriented
CNA (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLJune 13, 2012
Whispering oaks is a nice place to work, the workers all work together as a team, its just one big family, the residences are sweet and love the staff.