Whispering Oaks

Whispering Oaks Employer Reviews

Managed 50 units
Park Manager (Former Employee), Belleview, FLFebruary 17, 2014
Pros: meeting great people
Cons: no health care or benefits.
Took revenue from tenants for payment of their units. Filled out work orders for repairs and maintenance. Scheduled maintenance to complete tasks. Purchased materials for repairs. My co-workers were fantastic! The tenants are wonderful and colorful people full of life. I enjoyed my interactions with the tenants and making sure the property was held to a high standard of living. The hardest part of the job was being on call 24/7 for all emergencies. The most enjoyable part of the job was the filling of accomplishment when making the tenants happy.
Great assistant Living home
Personal Care Assistant (Former Employee), Ellendale, MNNovember 5, 2013
Typical day at work would include : Setting tables for supper, Prepare supper, serve supper, bedside care for 20 patients, monitor vitals, administer medication as prescribed.

The most enjoyable part of job was taking care of my residents.
Assisting residents and promoting morale
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee), Tampa, FLMay 22, 2013
Pros: diversity an willingness to help was prevalent
Cons: sometimes no extra shifts available
A typical work day involved helping residents and helping them enjoy the nice weather when possible and other group social activities. Sometimes I would be tasked with assisting with outside appointments which was very rewarding knowing I made a difference by helping someone. Working with my coworkers was another enjoyment that I miss. We would always work as a team when needed to provide resident care. I don't recall any area of the job being the hardest because the staff's team work to make sure the residents received the best care. The most enjoyable part of the job was seeing the residents happy and smiling.
the members were wonderful and management loved everyone
Self Employed (Former Employee), Talladega, ALApril 3, 2013
Pros: laid back
Cons: higher up mamagment
helping the members with all their needs and putting a smile on the face of the person you were helping. Nobody is perfect is what I learned there. Management on the lower levels were great but on the higher up they were better than anybody made it look split place of business. the Co-workers were very nice and friendly willing to help you with anything. Hardest part of the job was making sure you had exactly what you were supposed to everyday. I enjoyed helping the older members with anything they did not understand or what ever it was they needed.
Good
Certified Nurse Aid (Former Employee), Cuero, TXDecember 19, 2012
Helped residents with activities of daily living. Bathing, feeding, clothing ect.
Great place and great shift for the season
Night Watchmen (Former Employee), Paris, KYJuly 24, 2012
Pros: worked alone and took breaks if i had down time
Cons: often boring and sometimes hard to keep myself awake
A typical night at work would include watering the horse and making sure they had water all through the night. If a mare went into labor I was needed to make sure everything was going smooth and if it went wrong i would have to go in the stall and help with delivery and/or call the vet. I worked alone so I had no other co-workers. At this job i learned how to deliver and care for foals while also giving occasonal vet assistance.
night shift
Registered Nurse (Former Employee), Tampa, FLJune 13, 2012
Always had to rummage around for supplies, paperwork for units was very unorganized. The hardest part of the job was when I found out that their were 2 patients there the age of my youngest daughter. All night shift nurses helped each other.
family oriented
CNA (Current Employee), Tampa, FLJune 13, 2012
Whispering oaks is a nice place to work, the workers all work together as a team, its just one big family, the residences are sweet and love the staff.