White-Wilson Medical Center Employee Reviews

poor management
LPN (Former Employee) –  Ft. Walton Beach, FLApril 24, 2017
They only care about the money, minimum benefits and use your PTO for sick time and vacation time. Pay is poor and unhappy employees. You can't call out cause they can't find another nurse to replace you.
Pros
Cons
terrible management
Great Place to Work
Registered Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Niceville, FLJune 10, 2015
Most enjoyable place to work with fast paced environment and helpful, encouraging co-workers. Management is top-notch and providers are friendly an courteous.
Not Consistant with anyone
Patient Accounts Rep (Former Employee) –  Fort Walton Becah, FLJune 23, 2014
Administration did not care about the employees or patients, they ran a business and empathy was not in managements vocabulary.
Pros
Direct co-works were great, free lunches
Cons
Pay and Healthcare for employees could be much better for a medical center
Non productive workplace
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fort Walton Beach, FLJanuary 12, 2014
I do thank White-Wilson for giving me a job. The office I worked in, was micro- managed, unfair treatment, unfair pay and the benefits, " not good.' I noticed a high turn over in the company, which is scary. I would recommend to anyone looking for a job be cautious.
Pros
A job
Cons
pay, benefits
Great Place to work!
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Fort Walton Beach, FLMay 29, 2013
I thoroughly enjoyed the "Team" atmosphere at White-Wilson. The laboratory was ran with efficient policies and staff was respectful of them. Management was family oriented and worked with your scheduling needs.
Pros
Free parking, Sundays off, employee medical perks
Cons
Little room for advancement
family oriented, place to work.
Medical Billing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Fort Walton Beach, FLMarch 27, 2013
Typical day at work was hectic, business office environment lacked organization and communication was little to none. I learned a lot about billing practices and revenue cycles as well as icd-9 coding and emr use. I loved my co-workers. I wish managment was more willing to use the ideas of its staff members to employ more stream lined and common sense based procedures. The hardest part of the job was the volume of work and lack of man power. the most enjoyable part was working with great people.
Pros
co workers are like a family unit
Cons
expensive healthcare low pay rate
Big company
Patient Accounts Specialist (Current Employee) –  Fort Walton Beach, FLMarch 5, 2013
- Fast paced and full of new experiences on a daily basis
-Daily review of schedules for 3 different specialties; Physical Therapy, Dermatology and Orthopedics
- Review of each patient account for the following day, fixing errors and making sure each claim is clean.
- Following up with patients as they pay bills through me, sign forms for surgery's and pre-cert for upcoming surgeries for Orthopedics
- Phone calls about account balances
-Payments on accounts
Pros
the people in my area/ bld are nice and helpful
Cons
low pay for my experience, very high turn over and not appreciated
Supervisors
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fort Walton Beach, FLOctober 9, 2012
I loved my job here. The doctor I worked with was great and we were wonderful togther. I loved the flow and I caught on very quickly. My doctor and I were the first to meet quality assurance for our EMR. However, the supervisors were never there when needed.
Busy, productive, learn something new everyday
Customer Service Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Fort Walton Beach, FLSeptember 1, 2012
Customer Service takes a large amount of calls per day. Within those calls you manage patient accounts, correspond with insurance companies, re-file insurance claims, etc. This type of job will teach you how to micro managed, advance your customer service skills, and teach you how to achieve your goals within the next level of your career as a Customer Service Representative. The hardest part of this position is overwhelming of how many calls you get per day and how often you have to fix something thing that should of been right in the beginning. The most enjoyable part tof this job was actually working with the public. I enjoy meeting (talking) to people and helping them resolve an issue.
Pros
skills / advancement
Cons
"to many hands in the pot" / problems with accounts; management
Wonderful workplace where you feel like family with your coworkers.
Reconciliation Specialist (Former Employee) –  Fort Walton Beach, FloridaJune 18, 2012
Employees took care of each other by just being an extended part of your family. There is true concern and trust between fellow employee. Everyone is willing to pitch in and help where needed.
Pros
fellow employees
Cons
workloads can vary from day to day.

Want to know more about White-Wilson Medical Center?

Ask a question
Great Company
Medical Laboratory Technician (Former Employee) –  Destin, FLMay 29, 2012
Truly enjoyed working with this company. Great location, great people.