White Castle

White Castle Employee Reviews

overal satisfied
Team Member (Current Employee), ChicagoMay 18, 2015
I enjoy this job, my co-workers and managers make my job more pleasant. I start my day off making sure I am dressed properly and clocked in ready to work.
Fun Place to work
Food Server, Fry Cook, Cashier (Former Employee), Eatontown, NJMay 14, 2015
Pros: Free lunches
Cons: short work shifts
The hardest part of the job is unloading the truck. Its only hard because you do it by your self without any help sometimes
not too bad of a company
Crew Manager (Former Employee), St. Louis, MOMay 14, 2015
not too many complaints but i will say their benefits for the managers suck and also the pay. but for the most part a really fast paced company and it take quick learners to work here they expect you to have everything down packed in a week so if your not fasted pace this is not the job for you
Fun place to work
Food Prep (Former Employee), St. Louis, MOMay 13, 2015
I enjoyed working at white castle because of the people. Management and supervisors made the job easier and a fun place to work.
A nice place to start out at.
ASSISTANT GENERAL MANAGER (Current Employee), Newport, KYMay 11, 2015
Pros: Free food, friendly staff
Cons: management
This job is enjoyable, however advancement isn't always available, and upper management focuses more on the business, and less on the people working.
Fun workplace
Crew Manager (Former Employee), Bronx, NYMay 6, 2015
White castle was fun to work at co-workers were nice. learned how to place orders and keep inventory. the hardest part of the job was cleaning, the easiest was serving the customers.
Great place to be able to work with my team and able to prove customer satisfaction
Prep Cook (Former Employee), Cleveland, OHMay 5, 2015
Pros: Great team to work with
Cons: Not enough hours
Great place to prove customer satisfaction and being able to work with a great team. Was able to complete all tasks in a timely manner and followed all safety regulations and guidelines to company requaests
Productive workplace
Team Member (Current Employee), Chicago, ILApril 29, 2015
White Castles has helped me build communication skills and further them in the place of business. We as team members work together to get orders out in a timely fashion.
Great place to work, employees horrible!
Team Member (Former Employee), Chicago,ILApril 23, 2015
Pros: paid vacations, hard job to lose
Cons: horrible employees
Although White Castle is a fun place to be if you're a people person, the employees and team managers are horrible. Employees tend to slack. Managers knows you have what I takes to advance , but would rather you be the best team member to avoid pay. Also, advancing comes with seniority , but if a family member off a manage is hired, seniority is thrown out of the window, by an intentional suspension or write up to stop you from developing. Its been done plenty of times to me. Such as, a manager pulling money out of your register to get you a write up, or a manager calling the hotline to give you a bad review in customer service even if you weren't working that day. But it all comes down to moving up a family member who was just hired or friend of a current manager. Its says it all in White Castle Motto when you sign the handbook , it reads "White Castle is a *Family* business". When you're hired you become family! General Manager are the only fair people there!
Productive , Fast pace
Cashier, Drive Thru (Former Employee), Franklin Park, ILApril 17, 2015
Pros: Friendly environment
Cons: Low Hours
It was a fast pace job, a typical day would be working either drive thru or the register. On other days you'd be cooking or restocking the floors or opening boxes. The co-workers were friendly and easy going.Nothing too difficult but not many work hours were given when i was a team member.
I loved the people i work with.
Cook/Food Prep/Team member (Former Employee), Nashville, TNApril 11, 2015
I loved the people i work with, and it was a pretty fun environment! Good place for teens to work. As long you stay moving and do what the crew managers asks it should be a great experience.
stressfull and drama filled
crew manager 2 (Former Employee), frankfort kyApril 9, 2015
Pros: free food on shift some advancement opertunitys grate benafits
Cons: unorganized stressfull work enviornment drama filled
a typical day at work included coming into a mess from the shift before accompanied with a complaining co manager about the people on there shift and annoying customers. it seemed like everyone there was out to get one another the job its self was ok but I was not happy with the work environment at all witch was the worst part of the job. its bad when the hardest part of the job isn't the job its self but the endless drama of a bad work space. the best part about the job was that you come across all different types of people witch was great for me because i love to be cultured. I did learn through the drama how to better compose my self when in a stressful situation however and for that i am grateful.
Very fun environment and you meet new people
Cashier (Former Employee), New York, NYApril 7, 2015
Pros: Free lunches
Cons: Nasty smell
White Castle is a fast food restaurant that gets thousands of customers each day, the food is not so good, my favorite thing is chicken ring. working there can be your hair smell horrible, like onions, but apart from that it was a fun job.
Home of the sliders
Crew Member (Former Employee), Oswego, ILApril 6, 2015
This was one of my favorite fast food jobs that ive had i learned alot from this job that if something was done wrong you Re do it and make the customer happy because the customer is always right Management was ok loved working with my co workers always made me smile when i was there Hardest part of the job was probably the lunch and dinner rushes other then that it was a fun job
the place was very small , and did not have alot of percs
cashier (Former Employee), Cleveland, OHMarch 31, 2015
Pros: pros family eats with discount
Cons: cons are no smoke breaks
my typical day of work was to come in , wash my hands, and then go to my work area at the register and greet people as they come in , and always keep a smile ...

I learned how to work at the register

management was okay

my co-workers were lazy and always called off of work

the hardest part of my job , was covering for someone else

the most enjoyable part was going home
fun and fast pace workplace
Team Member (Former Employee), Macomb, MIMarch 25, 2015
a typical day at work, is taking orders through drive thru or front register prepping food, and keeping facility clean. very good communication and lots of laughs but very serious at times.
over all nice place to work
General Manager (Former Employee), Chicago, ILMarch 18, 2015
White Castle is a great place to work offering many benefits. Other offerings are flexible work schedules and job advancement.
Better than any other fast food restaurant by far.
White Castle is a decent place to work for students at entry level.
Crew Member (Former Employee), Evergreen Park, ILMarch 10, 2015
ok ok ok ok ok ok ok ok ok ok ok ok ok ok ok okok ok ok ok ok ok ok ok ok ok ok ok ok ok ok okok ok ok ok ok ok ok ok ok ok ok ok ok ok ok okok ok ok ok ok ok ok ok ok ok ok ok ok ok ok okok ok ok ok ok ok ok ok ok ok ok ok ok ok ok okok ok ok ok ok ok ok ok ok ok ok ok ok ok ok okok ok ok ok ok ok ok ok ok ok ok ok ok ok ok okok ok ok ok ok ok ok ok ok ok ok ok ok ok ok okok ok ok ok ok ok ok ok ok ok ok ok ok ok ok ok
Time at white castle
Team Leader (Former Employee), Nanuet, NYMarch 9, 2015
Pros: free food
Cons: short break
My time at White Castle was an interesting one because it was my first time working at a fast food which exposed me to all sorts of people which includes co workers and customers. Now the number one thing I learned during my time here was that, "the customer was always right no matter what". I got the logic behind the slogan but it was also the hardest thing for me because it was really hard to hold back comments or emotions when customers got mad at you for giving them a wrong order when in fact they asked for something different.
Fun and fast paced work environment
Manager (Former Employee), Calumet City, ILMarch 9, 2015
Pros: free lunches
Cons: that i had to leave the company
A typical day was made up of setting up my station, managing 9 people under me. Inventory, stock, and food service. I learned that I was good at management. My co-workers were great, they listened to one of the youngest managers ever and it was because i would get down and work with them instead of just ordering them around like most managers. The hardest part of my job was inventory, very large store, and the swing shift hours were hard to adjust to. The best part of the job was knowing i was doing a good job.

1 2 3 4 5

About White Castle

White Castle is a family-owned business based in Columbus, Ohio, that owns and operates more than 400 restaurants in 12 states. – Read more

White Castle Salaries