White Castle Employee Reviews in United States

White castle experience
Crew Manager (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOAugust 26, 2016
White castles has been an average fast food job n my 2 years of being present. I have learned i never wanted to experience a fast food job like this again and the managers are not helpful, slow, lazy, and dont care about their jobs and get away with it.
Pros
Free Lunch, Paid Time Off
Cons
Benefits, Hours, Work life balance, Management
Loved this job!
Crew manager (Former Employee) –  West Chester, OHAugust 23, 2016
White Castle felt like family. I loved how close all the other stores were, especially if we needed extra help. The hours were phenomenal, I worked 5am -1pm. I loved the workers and upper management. It really was a great place to work. I moved to Dayton Oh, and it was just too far of a drive every day. I got management in 30 days and stayed for four years.
Pros
Free lunches and great benefits.
Cons
No cons
Fun, fast pace worker, people person
Crew Manager (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHAugust 18, 2016
I've been at this company just about 15 years. Its a shift change job, benefits are great. We get Christmas bonuses that are good. I dont like that I never have gotten the same off days or same shift. If I could get either, I would stay.
Very fun aand Fast Paced
Certified Trainer (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOAugust 17, 2016
My favorite job by far. The work was great and fast paced, and the schedules we're evened out week to week. Great employer and I highly recommend. Every day was fast paced, with a bit of cleaning. All the workers were friendly and helpful. The only hard part of the job was multiple overnights in a row after working days or evenings.
Pros
Free food on breaks
Cons
can only smoke on break or when not busy
Great place for team oriented people.
Manager (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYAugust 13, 2016
It surprised me that a fast food chain could be such a fun and team spirited environment They also offer the best benefits than any other food chain
Pros
You were given the thumbs up for free meals everyday while on the clock, you were not to take any home which was understandable.
Cons
Disciplinary action procedures were not in order for people who didn't follow proper procedures, which made it hard to manage some days.
Fast and fun workplace
Crew (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 10, 2016
Customers and co-workers are usually happy, fast paced environment so every work day is ongoing and shifts run pretty smooth. Best part of the day is putting smiles on each customers face.
Pros
Free Lunch, good benefits
amazing team member
CREW MEMBER (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHAugust 7, 2016
I love working at white castle they was all a big team more like a family. management is great they help you when you need it their insurance is great.
It was good
Certified Trainer (Current Employee) –  Murfreesboro, TNJuly 28, 2016
I enjoyed working there. Unfortunately I had had stop qiut working there though because I was in school and management did not give me the prn hours I needed and was promised.
The work environment was a semi-fast pace however, easy work
Assistant Production Supervisor- Duties (Former Employee) –  Vandalia, OHJuly 23, 2016
The production company was new to the area which meant management was somewhat inexperience. and the compensation was not comparable to other surrounding companies. I did enjoy working their however, benefits were not conducive to my family needs.
Pros
Close to home
Cons
Benefits and compensation
Full Time Team Member (Former Employee) –  Somerset, KYJuly 23, 2016
White Castle was an all around great place to work. Working there I learned how to work with the public in a professional manner, along with being dependable, respectful, and responsible. My co-workers were extremely great workers and they were respectful of each other. I enjoyed working at a fast pace because i enjoy staying busy, I never ran out of things to do. I left White Castle because I am looking for a job that I can work my way up and prevail for a future career.
Not very productive
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Allentown, PAJuly 23, 2016
Did not like their way of working everything was so unorganized and so was everyone working the shift with me it was a lot of drama and personal problems going on in the work facility. Everyone did things on their own time . The most enjoyable part of the job was break due to getting free lunch .
Pros
free lunch
Cons
unorganized, hot, drama
Good benefits
Crew Manager (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 12, 2016
Providing excellent customer service, meeting sales quotas. I enjoyed working co workers and upper management. I enjoyed interaction with customers but the worst part was the dangerous work environment.
Pros
Benefits, salary
Cons
Work environment
productive and friendly work place
Crew manager (Current Employee) –  Orland Park, ILJuly 7, 2016
I've learned to be an effective leader, work a register, and effective customer service. The most enjoyable part of the job is the interaction with customers. Some customers can be challenging to deal with but if i can get them to leave with a smile on their face i feel great. My co-workers are great we don't always get along but we still have a great atmosphere and help each other out. The hardest part of the job is keeping up with your daily task and the extra task for managers but i still get the job done.
Pros
free food during before and after work hours
Cons
different work schedules each week
Honest Living
Clerk (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNJuly 7, 2016
Fast pace, non stop work. Have to have a lot of patience working with hungry customers. Need skills to calm down people. Must be able to disffuse violatile situations at any given time.
working in custmoer service
Cashier Supervisor (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJuly 6, 2016
i love working with people but job was one of the best mangment was great hours either poeple where okay cleanning and best part is mornings
productive and nice place to work`
cashier/crew member (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJuly 6, 2016
I really enjoyed working for this company. Environment was clean, managment was friendly and nice. Mangement and set up was good, everyone contributed to work.
Pros
free lunch, good work enviroment
Cons
too far
Good place to work for a first job.
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Cahokia, ILJuly 5, 2016
Get to work clock in. Learned how the cooking process works. The management was good and understanding when I needed someone to cover a shift and the co-workers we fun enjoyable people. Hardest part of the job was lunch rush. The most enjoyable part of the job was taking orders and seeing people smile.
Pros
Free lunches
Working at White Castles
Customer Service/ Team Member (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJuly 5, 2016
Working at White Castles has been a great learning experience for me. I've been awarded the opportunity of how to work in a restaurant environment, learn and improve on customer satisfaction best practices and learn the fast food business overall. I'm currently employed at White Castle, management is fair and they often accommodate my schedule for school. I'm grateful for the time that I've been with the company and all the knowledge that I've acquired, but it is time for me to advance and find a career.
Pros
Schedule accomodations
Cons
turnover
Great
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Fort Hamilton, NYJuly 2, 2016
I had a pretty great boss. I applied to at least 36 other jobs and positions, but White Castle was the only place that gave me a chance, and I'll always remember my employer.

Breaks are 30 minutes long, and work days can go from 5 hrs (excluding breaks) to as long as 9 hrs. While dealing with customers can be difficult, we always had to make sure that we treated others with respect. Learning how to deal with customers gave me the skills I needed to better understand others and work with my coworkers better. The hardest part of the job was the lack of respect from customers, people I knew, and even my co-workers when I first started the job. People have a tendency to scoff at work like this, but taking pride in what I did really helped my self-esteem. It isn't the work that I do so much as what I make of it and learn from it.
Pros
Free food, flexible schedule, sicks days, 2 weeks vacation, 2-5% pay raises every 6 months (I think? It's either every 3 months, half year, or annually)
Cons
Scheduling clashes, no beards, no messy hair, hair nets, constant hand washing between handling cash and food (dries out hands)
Experienced
Crew member (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn Park, MNJune 28, 2016
Experienced alot in 2013. Made money, did community service projects, fed animals, worked with different people. They always had something fun planned taught us alot. Lots of our first jobs I was 14