White Castle Employee Reviews

Fast paced
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 18, 2017
The company I work for is great. I have gained learning experience. It is also Fast paced, open 24 hrs.so I do work grave yard shift for which being 16 yrs. old can be a bit challenging for me right now.
Excellent
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Redford, MISeptember 17, 2017
I really enjoyed working at white castle. It was very simple, I had one job to do and I got it done sooner so I had plenty time to help others finish.
Pros
Free Lunch
Cons
30 minute breaks
I really tried hard
White Castle (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHSeptember 17, 2017
I was going threw a lot dealing with family jelousy needed hours I had no home lack of sleep it just some way I'm still kind of going threw the same thing but I'm looking for positions to better myself
Experience
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 17, 2017
Learn't how to cook, great customer service skills. A typical day at work is OK you have days when it's slow, or very busy. The management is ok. I enjoyed the pay.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Short breaks cleaning up
Very challenging
Head Cashier/Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVSeptember 17, 2017
Very unstable, too much favoritism, managers compete with each other, they take away work hours by asking you to go home early the following week if they've asked you to come in the past week on your day off.
Pros
Customers are very excited about this place, its Iconic, which inturn excited me. I have so much fun interacting.
Cons
Very stressful enviornment, unfair practices, over charging for benefits like HMO.
Fun work place
Operator/Laborer (Current Employee) –  6711 east warrenSeptember 14, 2017
Nice job its real facepast moving operation.you really have to be vary nice and couteous to the customers u have to know quality controll and cleaniss. Far as the outside and inside of store must stay clean its a great experience
Pros
Nice experience
Cons
Not enough hrs
General Manager
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHSeptember 13, 2017
I would walk through the store to make sure we able to get through day to day operations. Check sales and product ordering, Count safe, put team members in positions for the day. Management was fair. Workplace culture was fun. Call offs were the hardest part of the job and lack of help. I loved working with my team members.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
lack of help at times
enjoyable workplace
Cashier/Cook (Former Employee) –  Lexington, KYSeptember 11, 2017
A typical day at white castle was i would clock in and ask my manger that was on duty where do they need me at, they would place me there and i would start helping my co worker that was already there at that station or i would release my co worker so they could go on break or leave for the day. If my co worker is not leaving for the day and is just going on break when their break is over they would come back to help me with the station we were on. The management at white castle was nice and friendly there always there to help fix a problem n matter if it is a personal problem or a problem your having with a customer.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
there is many teenagers
White Castle can be a fast-paced yet rewarding job
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Columbia Heights, MNSeptember 10, 2017
Like other fast food places, White Castle can be a quick and busy job, but it's rewarding because you can have free meals every shift, even if it's a four hour shift. There's a good amount of cleaning, food making, and money handling to be done, but there are good benefits provided to every worker. After working for a year you get a week of full-time PTO, and you can also choose to work during this time to make some more money (at least, that's what I recall one of my coworkers doing, this may not be possible now). If memory serves correct you are also entitled to good healthcare and dental benefits and other things of the sort.
Pros
Free food during shifts, 1 week PTO after a year, 30 minute breaks, paid breaks for managers
Buen trabajo
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYSeptember 7, 2017
Es un exelente trabajo para personas que no aspiren a crecer en la vida, ahora es un exelente trabajo qur te garamtiza trabajo todo el año.
Pros
Todos los beneficios de una compañía
Cons
Mesclan la vida privada con la laboral
White castle is a very productive company
Cashier/Food Server (Current Employee) –  Detroit, MISeptember 7, 2017
I enjoy work for this company they have very good opportunities and the work environment is very productive.the employees work together as a team.I enjoy working here
Frequently understaffed and expected to perform at the same level as a fully staffed location.
Manager (Former Employee) –  DeKalb, ILSeptember 5, 2017
The location in Dekalb never saw many customers except during the rush hour. I have personally been a patron to other White Castle stores and seen how many individuals work during the rush period. Meeting the work demands was next to impossible due to a an almost always 2 man team, 1 manager, 1 crew member. Staff were on call to help but it was frowned upon and discouraged to actually call them in. I kept the satisfactory rating for the store extremely high despite the shortage on staff.
Pros
Free employee meals.
Cons
Currently working for a moving company, and I still look back at this job as back breaking work.
The whole system sets you up for failure.
Manager (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, INSeptember 5, 2017
There is so much pressure from upper management (corporate) to get every order out within 30 seconds. It doesn't matter if you sell the sloppiest and grossest food because all that matters to management is your speed. There were so many times that I would have to stay and work a 16 hour shift because my GM just didn't show up. That was probably exclusive to the Bloomington location but still. They get so many customer complaints because the whole system is screwed from the top down.
Pros
good pay and benefits.
Cons
no breaks, 16 hour shifts, constant complaints from management about time and constant complaints from customers about quality, you cant win.
Good job!
Customer Service/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INSeptember 5, 2017
If you are looking for a job that is easy. This is the job for you. I miss running the grill. I could load a grill in 30 seconds or less and unload a crave case no onions in the matter of a minute. Well 2 minutes if you wanna count boxing them and getting them out the window. Honestly probably the best job out there until you get in management.
Pros
Cheese sticks
Nice place.to worki
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOSeptember 3, 2017
I enjoy working.there the managers were.nice the benefit we're good. The worker were nice and friendly they it was a good place to work for and.it.was.clene
Pros
U can.eat there before and after u start work
Cons
Long hour
Productive & Fun Work PlaceExample: Productive and fun workplace with ping pong table
Crew Member (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOSeptember 2, 2017
I learned how to work better as a team. Some days will be easy & most might be hard be I learned how to have good time & work through either situation
Wc
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Township of South Brunswick, NJSeptember 1, 2017
Atypical day would be serving customers with their orders. Making the food as orders come. It has a very excellent management. The best part is that the hours are very flexible.
I.worked there more than 20 years ago
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYSeptember 1, 2017
I worked there more than 20 years ago it was nice place to work needed extra money for school and bills in really do not remember much I was young than I moved out of the Bronx to long island
Pros
Worked with School schedule
Busy , Fast paced
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Colerain, OHAugust 30, 2017
A day would be very tiring because we worked at a very busy store and even night time rushes could make you very tired. I learned how to work drive thru , cashier, friers and grills. The management was very good , she did everything she could to keep everybody okay and comfortable with the job.
Very stressful and a high turnover rate!
Crew Leader (Former Employee) –  Hammond, INAugust 30, 2017
They at first were competitive with thier wages and benefits but that slowly died down and the amount of work and stress increased. They started hiring too many young employees and school kids and the turn over rate hit ridiculous! That made it stressful an shared on the faithful workers! We would be running short staffed all the time and over worked due to that and them trying to have to high of a intake rate! That caused the customers to have messed up orders and longer wait times! They slowly phases out the Christmas bonus down to barely anything which was a nice incentive and also the profit sharing was taken away!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at White Castle. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval