White County Medical Center Employee Reviews

Secure position with friendly and helpful coworkers.
Intern (Former Employee) –  Searcy, ARMay 7, 2017
White County Medical center was overall an excellent place to work. I was treated respectfully and as an equal, even as an intern. I would recommend White County Medical Center as a place of employment.
Great coworkers
Licensed Practical Nurse (Former Employee) –  Searcy, ARApril 17, 2017
I worked on a floor where I was able to learn a lot from my coworkers. They provided great insight and were willing to assist when needed. My skills as a nurse grew tremendously while employed there.
Fast-Paced Environment
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Searcy, ARApril 6, 2017
There was never a dull moment for me in the surgery department. It was an exciting place to work; however I learned very quickly that it was not the right working environment for me. I highly recommend extensive medical-surgical floor experience before entering a discipline such as perioperative nursing. You definitely need well-honed assessment skills, which, unless you are a nursing prodigy, you will not have fresh out of nursing school. Perioperative nursing is not for the faint of heart.
Pros
A great learning experience.
Cons
Too fast-paced for me.
Employees
Dietary Worker (Current Employee) –  Searcy, AROctober 15, 2015
They have a variety of jobs that people can work and job security. My typical day is monatanous and never changes. The only thing that changes is the attitudes of my co workers.
Pros
dietary gets free lunch, everyone gets variety of insurance choices, retirement plan
Cons
No chance of moving up in my department
Hard work
CSA (Current Employee) –  Searcy, ARAugust 10, 2015
A very hard job with low pay. It there is room for more hours if needed. Make sure this is what you want to do before you begin the job.
Productive work place
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Searcy, ARFebruary 23, 2015
Was a good place to work and everyone was very happy and accepting. I always enjoyed going to work and seeing everyone I worked with.
Pros
Fun enviroment
Cons
Heavy lifting
I enjoy my work
housekeeper (Current Employee) –  searcy arFebruary 10, 2015
check the discharge then if I have no discharges I go check on other coworkers to see if they need any help I learned how to help other coworker and to work together we have good management it really is not hard and the enjoyable part of the job is the coworkers
Pros
working with friends
Cons
none really
enjoyable and quiet workspace
Coding Analyst, CCS (Current Employee) –  Searcy, AROctober 14, 2014
I enjoy all of the people that I work with and appreciate each day. I enjoy the work that I do.
Good employees
Worker 1, Kitchen Dutires, Hostess (Former Employee) –  Searcy, AROctober 13, 2014
I enjoyed the people that I worked with. The management had no structure, they ran at any conflicts. If there was a better management team I would have stayed and enjoyed my time there more.
Wonderful place to work
CSA/LPN (Former Employee) –  Searcy, ARSeptember 24, 2014
Coworkers were great. Understanding supervisor. Flexible about things, good benefits.
Well established and productive
Student Intern (Former Employee) –  Searcy, ARSeptember 5, 2014
All employees worked together for accurate test results and were very helpful and informative with any questions I had. Very good job experience.
Great hospital, great people, but the experience depends of where you work.
Communications Representative (Current Employee) –  Searcy, ARJune 27, 2014
I have worked for WCMC for nearly a year, but I work on the South campus and the experience is very different from North (where I worked previously). South is sort of forgotten by the higher ups, and is left to float along without a lot of guidance.

I don't speak for every department but his is my review of the PFS department at WCMC:

There are too many young people working to gain some job experience and not enough people who genuinely care about the position. They usually work for less than 6 months and don't tend to be reliable.

I think supervisors could handle some things a little better. I have observed some immaturity and unprofessional behavior from them in my year here. I think at times they get too personal with some employees. I won't call them "favorites" but there is definitely an advantage to being well liked by an employer even if it's not due to your work ethic.

Another complaint I do have with WCMC that I have to mention is that PRN employees get more freedom than they should. Their job is to cover shifts for full-time employees, but from my experience it's like pulling teeth to get them to fill in for you, even though that is the sole purpose of being a PRN. My department gets too much overtime because full-time employees are forced to work extra due to there being no PRN available. I've had to work two weeks straight because a PRN quit suddenly and there was no one left to do it even though we have several PRN employees. What's more is that is has been almost two whole months and still no PRN has been hired.

This brings me to another point
  more... that I feel is important for future employees to know. If you smoke you cannot work here. They will test you for this when they do your drug test. I don't smoke, but I don't believe this is entirely fair as smoking is not illegal and though it is not healthy, neither is drinking but you are still able to do this in your free time as well as over-eat, and it shouldn't be a factor in whether or not a person can be employed at WCMC. It is however and if you do manage to pass the smoking test and still smoke, you can be fired on the spot if you're discovered. However if you do your job, show up on time, dress according to the handbook, and mind your p's and q's it is very hard to get fired from this hospital, and from what I've heard there have been no lay offs in many many years

In exchange for the negatives there are plenty of positives. The pay, espcially for what work you do. It's a pretty laid back job (except when alarms go off and you have to announce the emergency overhead), and you get plenty of PTO time and afforable insurance (plus a discount at the hospital, and since WCMC now owns everything in Searcy that is medical, that's pretty much anywhere). Depending on what shift you work you can have very quiet nights by yourself overnight, or busier days during 1st shift, answering the phone and dealing more with people. 2nd shift is somewhere in the middle, but it's all easy work for easy money - just be serious about your job! Just because it's not hard work doesn't mean you should act like it isn't important.
Pros
Overnight gets paid lunches, Pto, Overtime pay, Affordable Insurance, Easy work for good pay, Occasional bonuses
Cons
Unrelaible staff, Schedule changes often, Alarm drills
exciting place to work
Office Representative (Former Employee) –  Searcy, ARJune 18, 2014
I really enjoyed working with this company. they are very friendly and the training there is hands on.
Productive place to work
Daycare Teacher (Former Employee) –  Searcy, ARApril 25, 2014
Every morning I would come in and get report for my patients for the day, then go straight to work. I learned how to multi task and accomplish my job quickly and correctly. My coworkers and I always helped each other out any time we needed each other. The hardest part about my job was when we were short handed but the other CNAs and I just pulled together and got out job done. I loved working with my patients and helping them.
Okay place to work
Emergency Dept. Tech (Former Employee) –  Searcy, ARFebruary 8, 2014
You always feel like someone is out to get you and the raises are ridiculously bad 1%-2% per year. But if you like helping people and don't care how much your not getting paid its the job for you.
My time at White County Medical Center
Patient Financial Services (Former Employee) –  Searcy, ARJanuary 14, 2014
White County Medical Center was a great place to work. I worked in the Insurance Dept and by the time I left my position in December 2013, I was trained from top to bottom in the Insurance aspect of the hospital. We had a great team there. The team was always willing to pull together to meet deadlines. My supervisor gave me a lot of responsibility and she entrusted me with a lot of information to be flexible. Upon hiring in at WCMC, I was an Insurance Follow-up. When I left my position at WCMC, I could follow-up and bill all insurances except for Medicaid. I also was responsible for the Medicare Credit Balance report. I also was responsible for Medicaid Credit refunds. I guess my biggest strength is Medicare due to I work it longer that the other Insurance Carriers. The hardest part of the job was there was not enough time in the day to do everything. The most enjoyable part of the job was the flexibility to do more than just one thing during my shift.
Wasn't in the click and seemed to be out cast from the beginning
Medical Lab Technician (Former Employee) –  Searcy, ARDecember 2, 2013
It was a place to work and I was a recent graduate from school so everything was kinda new to me I was expected to work like a seasoned tech but many of the other techs were very helpful and some were not overall I didnt like my experience
Pros
Got a paycheck
Cons
Wasnt afforded the time I needed to feel comfortable in learning my job
nice work place
LPN Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Searcy, AROctober 23, 2013
I worked nights, 12hr shifts, I had great co-workers.
The hardest part of the job was working nightsl
Great place to work!
Accounts Representative (Former Employee) –  Searcy, AROctober 12, 2013
White County Medical Center was a great place to work, I learned more and added what I learned to my experience. The management was understanding and fair. The majority of my co-workers were kind and friendly. The hardest part of the job was the calling to insurance companies and to patients as well. The most enjoyable part was knowing that I was doing a great job, and a service for the hospital and the patients.
Pros
Holiday pay with time off, the benefits, and the feeling I got when I accomplished each task
Cons
The parking, and the distance to cafeteria
Beware!!!!!!!!!
RN (Former Employee) –  Med durhMay 20, 2013
This is a scary hospital to both be a patient and a nurse working there. The hospital has no pulmonary specialist, gastroenterologist only comes to hospital for a few hours one day a week, only one urologist and if he is off you are out of luck, family practice doctors delivering babies no neonatalogist on staff. house nursing supervisor with only a few months experience, pediatric patients on insulin drips are on regular med surg floor not ICU these are but a few of the problems I found the week that I worked there

I am a RN and have been a nurse 25 years. I have worked in a variety of clinical settings but I felt my license would be in grave danger if I continued employment there. The nurse to patient ratio is extremely unsafe.
Pros
Very hard working nurses
Cons
See above