White County Medical Center

White County Medical Center Employee Reviews

I enjoy my work
housekeeper (Current Employee), searcy arFebruary 10, 2015
Pros: working with friends
Cons: none really
check the discharge then if I have no discharges I go check on other coworkers to see if they need any help I learned how to help other coworker and to work together we have good management it really is not hard and the enjoyable part of the job is the coworkers
enjoyable and quiet workspace
Coding Analyst, CCS (Current Employee), Searcy, AROctober 14, 2014
I enjoy all of the people that I work with and appreciate each day. I enjoy the work that I do.
Good employees
Worker 1, Kitchen Dutires, Hostess (Former Employee), Searcy, AROctober 13, 2014
I enjoyed the people that I worked with. The management had no structure, they ran at any conflicts. If there was a better management team I would have stayed and enjoyed my time there more.
Wonderful place to work
CSA/LPN (Former Employee), Searcy, ARSeptember 24, 2014
Coworkers were great. Understanding supervisor. Flexible about things, good benefits.
Well established and productive
Student Intern (Former Employee), Searcy, ARSeptember 5, 2014
All employees worked together for accurate test results and were very helpful and informative with any questions I had. Very good job experience.
Great hospital, great people, but the experience depends of where you work.
Communications Representative (Current Employee), Searcy, ARJune 27, 2014
Pros: overnight gets paid lunches, pto, overtime pay, affordable insurance, easy work for good pay, occasional bonuses
Cons: unrelaible staff, schedule changes often, alarm drills
I have worked for WCMC for nearly a year, but I work on the South campus and the experience is very different from North (where I worked previously). South is sort of forgotten by the higher ups, and is left to float along without a lot of guidance.

I don't speak for every department but his is my review of the PFS department at WCMC:

There are too many young people working to gain some job experience and not enough people who genuinely care about the position. They usually work for less than 6 months and don't tend to be reliable.

I think supervisors could handle some things a little better. I have observed some immaturity and unprofessional behavior from them in my year here. I think at times they get too personal with some employees. I won't call them "favorites" but there is definitely an advantage to being well liked by an employer even if it's not due to your work ethic.

Another complaint I do have with WCMC that I have to mention is that PRN employees get more freedom than they should. Their job is to cover shifts for full-time employees, but from my experience it's like pulling teeth to get them to fill in for you, even though that is the sole purpose of being a PRN. My department gets too much overtime because full-time employees are forced to work extra due to there being no PRN available. I've had to work two weeks straight because a PRN quit suddenly and there was no one left to do it even though we have several PRN employees. What's more is that is has been almost two whole months and still no PRN has been hired.

This brings me to another point that I feel – more... is important for future employees to know. If you smoke you cannot work here. They will test you for this when they do your drug test. I don't smoke, but I don't believe this is entirely fair as smoking is not illegal and though it is not healthy, neither is drinking but you are still able to do this in your free time as well as over-eat, and it shouldn't be a factor in whether or not a person can be employed at WCMC. It is however and if you do manage to pass the smoking test and still smoke, you can be fired on the spot if you're discovered. However if you do your job, show up on time, dress according to the handbook, and mind your p's and q's it is very hard to get fired from this hospital, and from what I've heard there have been no lay offs in many many years

In exchange for the negatives there are plenty of positives. The pay, espcially for what work you do. It's a pretty laid back job (except when alarms go off and you have to announce the emergency overhead), and you get plenty of PTO time and afforable insurance (plus a discount at the hospital, and since WCMC now owns everything in Searcy that is medical, that's pretty much anywhere). Depending on what shift you work you can have very quiet nights by yourself overnight, or busier days during 1st shift, answering the phone and dealing more with people. 2nd shift is somewhere in the middle, but it's all easy work for easy money - just be serious about your job! Just because it's not hard work doesn't mean you should act like it isn't important. – less
exciting place to work
Office Representative (Former Employee), Searcy, ARJune 18, 2014
I really enjoyed working with this company. they are very friendly and the training there is hands on.
Productive place to work
Daycare Teacher (Former Employee), Searcy, ARApril 25, 2014
Every morning I would come in and get report for my patients for the day, then go straight to work. I learned how to multi task and accomplish my job quickly and correctly. My coworkers and I always helped each other out any time we needed each other. The hardest part about my job was when we were short handed but the other CNAs and I just pulled together and got out job done. I loved working with my patients and helping them.
Okay place to work
Emergency Dept. Tech (Former Employee), Searcy, ARFebruary 8, 2014
You always feel like someone is out to get you and the raises are ridiculously bad 1%-2% per year. But if you like helping people and don't care how much your not getting paid its the job for you.
My time at White County Medical Center
Patient Financial Services (Former Employee), Searcy, ARJanuary 14, 2014
White County Medical Center was a great place to work. I worked in the Insurance Dept and by the time I left my position in December 2013, I was trained from top to bottom in the Insurance aspect of the hospital. We had a great team there. The team was always willing to pull together to meet deadlines. My supervisor gave me a lot of responsibility and she entrusted me with a lot of information to be flexible. Upon hiring in at WCMC, I was an Insurance Follow-up. When I left my position at WCMC, I could follow-up and bill all insurances except for Medicaid. I also was responsible for the Medicare Credit Balance report. I also was responsible for Medicaid Credit refunds. I guess my biggest strength is Medicare due to I work it longer that the other Insurance Carriers. The hardest part of the job was there was not enough time in the day to do everything. The most enjoyable part of the job was the flexibility to do more than just one thing during my shift.
Wasn't in the click and seemed to be out cast from the beginning
Medical Lab Technician (Former Employee), Searcy, ARDecember 2, 2013
Pros: got a paycheck
Cons: wasnt afforded the time i needed to feel comfortable in learning my job
It was a place to work and I was a recent graduate from school so everything was kinda new to me I was expected to work like a seasoned tech but many of the other techs were very helpful and some were not overall I didnt like my experience
nice work place
LPN Staff Nurse (Former Employee), Searcy, AROctober 23, 2013
I worked nights, 12hr shifts, I had great co-workers.
The hardest part of the job was working nightsl
Great place to work!
Accounts Representative (Former Employee), Searcy, AROctober 12, 2013
Pros: holiday pay with time off, the benefits, and the feeling i got when i accomplished each task
Cons: the parking, and the distance to cafeteria
White County Medical Center was a great place to work, I learned more and added what I learned to my experience. The management was understanding and fair. The majority of my co-workers were kind and friendly. The hardest part of the job was the calling to insurance companies and to patients as well. The most enjoyable part was knowing that I was doing a great job, and a service for the hospital and the patients.
BEWARE!!!!!!!!!
RN (Former Employee), Med durhMay 20, 2013
Pros: very hard working nurses
Cons: see above
This is a scary hospital to both be a patient and a nurse working there. The hospital has no pulmonary specialist, gastroenterologist only comes to hospital for a few hours one day a week, only one urologist and if he is off you are out of luck, family practice doctors delivering babies no neonatalogist on staff. house nursing supervisor with only a few months experience, pediatric patients on insulin drips are on regular med surg floor not ICU these are but a few of the problems I found the week that I worked there

I am a RN and have been a nurse 25 years. I have worked in a variety of clinical settings but I felt my license would be in grave danger if I continued employment there. The nurse to patient ratio is extremely unsafe.
Continuous Work
Enviromental Services (Former Employee), Searcy, ARJanuary 8, 2013
Pros: can charge food and supplies to pay from paycheck
Cons: just enough people to work on an average day. beware harder days.
Continuous Work with good bosses, and one terrible one. While there are a few days where you can take it easier, there are several days that breaks are skipped and late lunches. Beware of one of the bosses.
My Hospital
Hostess/Server (Current Employee), Searcy, ARDecember 12, 2012
It is a good place to work. Everyone is helpful and nice and the job is very rewarding getting to meet new people every day.
Great work environment with a lot of good people
Engineering Tech II (Former Employee), Searcy, AROctober 24, 2012
I give them a good rating because it is a great place to work. I was in the engineering department, so I got to interact with most of the other employees and many of the patients. Everyday held something different for me. I never knew what work I would be doing before I got there, because new problems arise all the time and priorties have to change. One day I might have had to repair a boiler and the next, I might have had to work on the operating room air conditioning. I had many good co-workers. The hardest part was seeing the patients and their families in pain. It would be nice to see everyone get better and go home, but the reality is that it is not always possible. The most enjoyable part was getting to do things that made a difference in the patients lives, either directly or indirectly. Also, I enjoyed the variety of things I got to work on. I only left to further my education so I could better provide for my family.
I enjoyed working with the chart and reviewing them. It gives you hind sight to what is the problems.
LPN abstractor (Former Employee), Searcy, ARSeptember 28, 2012
Pros: discounts on meals and gift store items.
Cons: continued changes in rules, recent decrease in benifits. i was told i had to be "perfect" at my job.
A typical day was things were very busy and full of deadlines.
I learned alot about what the new requirements were and how the hospital would loose money on each patient chart because of poor charting/documentation. Management works better with more people all working towards the same goal. My fellow workers were not all easy to work with at times. The hardest part of the job was the constant changes in rules, deadlines and problem solving. They kept adding other programs for us to do. However I felt that I needed more time to study the material prior to doing the program abstraction. They did not want me to have overtime so I felt pressure to do the best job in a short times and be held accountable for the results.The most enjoyable part of the job was working with other nurses and doctors to resolve problems. The nurses and doctors educated me on what they were seeing on a daily basis with the patient needs, request and problems. This also included computer changes in the system that needed fixing for the nurses and doctors charting.
TEAM ORIENTED ENVIRONMENT
Licensed Practical Nurse (Current Employee), Searcy, ARAugust 20, 2012
Pros: discount lunches
Cons: i haven't recieved benefits yet. 36 -47 hrs/week prn
THE EMPLOYEES ON OUR FLOOR ARE TEAM ORIENTED AND WE MAKE IT A FUN, AND LESS STRESSFUL PLACE TO WORK. I'VE LEARNED MANY SKILLS WHILE WORKING ON THE MED-SURG FLOOR. I LOVE WORKING WITH THE ELDERLY CLIENTS, AND PUTTING A SMILE ON THEIR FACE. PATIENT FIRST IS MY GOAL EVERY DAY I WALK ON THE FLOOR. THE HARDEST PART IS KNOWING EVERYONE DID ALL THEY COULD FOR A CLIENT AND THEY DON'T MAKE IT, BUT AT THE END OF THE DAY, WE ALL KNOW WE DID OUR BEST.
Great
LPN on med surg unit (Former Employee), Searcy, ARAugust 14, 2012
Didn't pay enough but everyone was great. Worked on a fast paced med surge unit.

White County Medical Center Salaries