White Horse Village Employee Reviews

Poor Management, Nice Facility, Decent Pay
Dietary Aide (Former Employee) –  West Chester, PAJuly 4, 2017
Sadly, the management is what caused me to leave. Some of the most immature, inconsiderate, and rude managers I have met. They talked loudly about me behind my back and were annoyed when asked for help (stuck up, to say the least). I will, however, miss the connections that I made with many of the residents and the facility/pay is unbeatable for this type of work. Prayers go out to the future diet aides that have to deal with these managers.
Pros
free lunches, nice facility
Cons
short and early hours, poor management
Productive and clean
CNA / Mediction Tech/ Unit Clerk (Former Employee) –  Newtown Square, PAJune 5, 2017
I worked at WHV for 3 years, mainly in the secured dementia unit. During my time there, I was also cross-trained for other positions, which was great for my professional development. The staff and management are very friendly and supportive
Prodcutive and really amazing place
Utility Worker (Former Employee) –  Newtown Square, PAMay 26, 2017
Everyone was great at this place from the bottom to the top. The really busy day will be working without stopping and sometimes not taking a break if you wanted to get things clean and leave early. Everyone was friendly and amazing
Great work enviroment
Director of Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Newtown Square, PAJanuary 3, 2017
They care about their employees. Bonuses twice a year. Christmas parties. All departments are involved together. Safety committee with both management and employees. Great benefits after 90 days.
Pros
Great Food
Cons
No smoking on property
Our mission at White Horse Village is to provide a comfortable and safe environment for our residents and learn how to memorize the special diets for
Dietary Aide (Current Employee) –  Newtown Square, PADecember 29, 2016
Learn diets for certain residents that doesn’t have a regular diet
Serve 3 meals a day (breakfast, lunch and dinner)
Make sure residents is content and comfortable in the dining room
Prepare room trays for the resident that can’t get out of bed
Take temperatures of ALL food and juices
Whitehorse paid really well
CNA/Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Lima, PADecember 8, 2016
I shouldn't have to give you a review for a job. And the fact you're making me
Type 150 characters to waste my time while I can be scrimmaging for job shows you're not concerned about the right thing.
Pros
Paid well; great lunch
Cons
Racists management, privately owned.. racists residents.
Fast paced and great customers
Server (Former Employee) –  Newtown Square, PAMay 19, 2016
On your feet a lot, listening to resident needs while serving them their meals and clearing tables. Some residents can be difficult, but taking the time to listen to them can mean a lot.
Welcoming work environment
Wellness Center Intern (Current Employee) –  Newtown Square, PANovember 3, 2015
Productive and inviting work environment. Room to grow and learn from the supervisors. A typical day at work consisted of teaching aquatic classes, marketing incentive programs, and assessing clients overall fitness levels. The assessment and program design of clients exercise plan was the most enjoyable part of the job.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
no pay
great place to work
Charge Nurse (Former Employee) –  Newtown Square, PASeptember 29, 2015
This was a enjoyable experience. When I first started there, I was elated with my position. Worked with a great group of collegues. The patients were amazing. Great team players, very rewarding job
Pros
great support
Excellent place to work
nutrtion (Current Employee) –  Newtown Square, PASeptember 23, 2015
Great Staff, Awesome resident Great benefits love support communication nurses housekeeping pc willows frenc room hardest part is losing a residents

Want to know more about White Horse Village?

Ask a question
good work place
Utility Worker (Current Employee) –  newtown sq paAugust 11, 2015
good work place when the correct staffing is there. good bosses and managers. overall good work place and co-workers. nice residents
Employment
Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Glen Mills PAMay 27, 2015
At Maris Grove the work load was extremely overbearing especially at night. A typical day in assisted living was built on med pass by a certain time, dinner serving and clearing. To top it off, you were still responsible for fourteen patients evening ADL's.
LPN Charge Nurse (Current Employee) –  Media, PAMarch 25, 2015
Very advance with capabilities. Facility is beautiful. workers are always in team work mode. Great benefits. Residents are always grateful and polite with care.
Good family like environment.
LPN Charge Nurse (Former Employee) –  Newtown Square, PAApril 27, 2014
On morning shift the staff usually work together in this fast pace environment to make sure the residents are happy, healthy, safe and clean. Management does not support their staff, but the co-workers are the best! The CNA's are top notch.
Pros
the benefits are the best.
Cons
management
New Skills AND Experiences
HOUSEKEEPER/LAUNDRY ROOM (Former Employee) –  media pa.March 6, 2014
Learning and Teaching
Skills and Experience
New People
environment
management needs to change.
CNA (Current Employee) –  Newtown Square, PAMarch 6, 2014
this is a very serious work place and at the same time very friendly. any patient would be very lucky to be in a place like white horse. the staff are very professional and yet caring and respectful. the benefits are not as great.
Pros
free wellness center
Cons
you can hardly get a break or lunch.
Read the review
Nurse (Former Employee) –  Newtown squareFebruary 25, 2014
Worked on skilled unit as a LPN .. Residents are wonderful . Extremely busy unit.. Non- stop work day.. Management very poor . Not supportive to the staff.. Expectations from management, unrealistic for staff to fulfill every expectation . Management not helpful to the team members.. Use to be a nice place to work .. BIG changes going on.. Rarley a break, if lucky to sit & eat for st least 20 minutes in a nine hour day .. Supervisors & management make sure they get there breaks. Sad how it went down..
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Poor management
friendly place
LPN Charge Nurse (Former Employee) –  Newtown Square, PAJanuary 31, 2014
White Horse Village was a place where I feel like I spread my nusring wings. Over the course of 5 years I came into my own as a nurse. I made friends, and have the chance to meet friendly residents and their families
A great place to work
Assistant Supervisor Security (Current Employee) –  Newtown Square, PAJuly 18, 2013
Working with tremendous group of professionals in a caring environment.
Pleasant people and a welcoming atmosphere
Wellness Instructor (Current Employee) –  Newtown Square, PAFebruary 16, 2013
Typically I will manage the fitness center, teach a class, aid residents in their workouts, help develop workout routines, and tend to any resident's needs. I will also work on the on-going incentive programs we create and then think of more ways to get people involved and moving.

I've learned so much here. How to lead a class and to lead with confidence is the biggest skill I've gained at White Horse, as well as how to take action with incentive programs and clubs.

The management is great. They are all very professional yet approachable. The people are so nice and yet it is very organized and efficient.

I enjoy my co-workers and have great respect for them. They have so much knowledge in the field and have so many skill sets to bring to the table.

The people are the most enjoyable part of the job. The residents are so optimistic and inspirational with what they have done with their lives as well as with their determination to exercise as such an age.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at White Horse Village. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2