White House Black Market Employee Reviews

Great Job!
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Vero Beach, FLOctober 20, 2017
This job really let me advance in my retail career. The manager is really great and is now the general sales manager of both stores. She spends a lot of time coaching and building each and every person on the team.
great team and fun work environment
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIOctober 20, 2017
I really enjoyed working with the ladies at two locations. Management made store expectations clear and reachable for everyone. The best part of the job was seeing customers satisfaction and excitement in their new wardrobe. I think the hardest part of this job was saying no or disappointing customers. I learned how to efficiently run the business and read KPI/other reports. Overall I would suggest employment with WHMB.
Pros
great team members and discounts
Cons
benifits could have been better and employees should be paid more
Commission based, very good experience for Marketing or Communications student majors
SALES REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Marietta, GAOctober 10, 2017
This potion was the most effective and helpful sales representative position I have ever had. I learned fundamentals about marketing and business. I also loved the fact that this job was commission based, which allowed me to make a decent amount of money.
Pros
good management, allows you to excel in a retail environment
Cons
was hard to make sales due to merchandise being very expensive
Enjoyed interacting with the public
Retail Sales (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAOctober 10, 2017
I have a passionate for fashion. I enjoyed helping others feel good about themselves in the right style of clothing. It did not seem like a job, because I enjoyed what I did.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Salary and no healthcare benefits
Competitive, fast paced environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Tulalip, WAOctober 9, 2017
The work atmosphere is very competitive and cut throat. Workers were stealing each others sales, and it would get very overwhelming. They had high standards, which made me become very detail oriented. The hardest part of the job was having to be competitive with your coworkers. The most enjoyable part was being able to create outfits for customers, and meeting new people.
Cons
Short breaks, too competitive
Best Job
HIGH VOLUME SALES AMBASSADOR FT/PT (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GA 30350October 6, 2017
I loved this job. The people are great but, they hired poor management. You can create work life balance if your open minded on how the business works. I only worked Thursdays and weekends.
The Brand
Sales Lead (stock) (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCSeptember 29, 2017
White Houwe Black Market has a good standing in the disposable income community. However you must be "brand appropriate." They do not promote individuality nor do they promote natural beauty. I was asked many times to change my hair and wear make up. Encouraged, even, to look manufactured like the models in the catalogs. Outside of the discrimination of you don't mind working wo th a bunch of caddy backstabbing women this job is for You!
Sales Driven
Assistant Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 28, 2017
The culture is very sales driven. Days at work are constant movement. I learned a lot of in depth information about analytics and numbers. More than any other company. I feel like the management needs more structure. The District Manager is very intimidating, but knows exactly what she's talking about. The most enjoyable part of my job is styling people and making my goals. The hardest part of my job is doing pulls and getting in with the client.
Pros
Discount
Cons
Love the cloths. And love meeting new customers.
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Niagraa Falls N.Y.September 27, 2017
I love the cloths. Enjoy my coworkers. And like meeting new customers and helping my current customers. I have developed a customer base and I enjoy helping them when they come in and I enjoy that they want and like my help with picking cloths for there careers,trips,and casual.
Pros
Love the cloths and I sell.
Cons
They should have commision
Fun place to work
Sales Associate/Personal Stylist (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PASeptember 26, 2017
This is a fun place to wok. I enjoyed working here as a second job. I enjoyed putting outfits together and helping customers put outfits together and make them feel beautiful.
Not a place I would want to work again
Assistant Merchant (Former Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLSeptember 25, 2017
A typical day at work wasn't enjoyable, I didn't learn a lot it was mostly lugging samples around all day. The management is like highschool and very catty and immature.
Fun place to work at for some extra cash
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tysons Corner, VASeptember 25, 2017
It was a fun place to work at.
Prepare items for display, clean, receive merchandise and process online orders. Welcome customers, assistant customers with purchases and ring them up at register.
Fun place to work
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Sugar Land, TXSeptember 22, 2017
Fun place to work, especially when it was busy. Loved putting out the new merchandise. Loved making ladies feel beautiful in the clothes. The product, brand was amazing. I worked there 8 years ago and I still have a closet full of their clothes.
Pros
loved the clothes, 40% discount
Cons
gar
work place operations were unorganized and roles besides selling werent prioritized
Cashier, Stock Lead, Operational Sales Lead (Former Employee) –  Rochester Hills, MISeptember 13, 2017
during my time at this job I had a hard time trying to maintain several different roles which were poorly managed and not given the time and support of management.
Sales Associate
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Hershey, PA 17033September 13, 2017
I worked for this company for a few years. The product was top notch and the people that I worked with were amazing but we had issues at the management level. Would work for this company again at the management level.
Whbm
Sales Lead/Floor Manager (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKSeptember 11, 2017
I would open the store with an assistant, and get our daily quota/goals ready for the day. Management was great to work with. The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting and working with the customers. The culture was pleasant. The hardest part was working with upper management on how the store should be run. Each store is different, and that is hard to explain to people that are not there everyday.
Pros
great management team to work with
Cons
long hours, turn around on sales team
Fun Place to work, High energy and enthusiasm
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Lyndhurst, OHSeptember 10, 2017
My typical day at work would be providing the best customer service possible

Assisting customers to dressing rooms

Keeping merchandise organized
Pros
outgoing staff
Cons
short-no breaks
great discounts, pay is not equivalent with work load
Retail Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Beaverton, ORSeptember 7, 2017
typical day is inconsistent depends on foot traffic, to much inconsistency, hard hussle for profit when company gives away to many customer discounts, over worked and under paid
Pros
good discounts
Cons
no work life balance
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Eagan, MNSeptember 6, 2017
I very much enjoy working here. The hours are flexible and work well with my schedule. The management is excellent. The quality of the clothing is very good for the price.
Fun and exciting place to be.
ASSISTANT SALES MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Orchard Park, NYSeptember 5, 2017
Typical days at White House Black Market varied, no day would ever be typical. We always did our best to keep the atmosphere fun and exciting. We wanted our clients to feel that energy. Some of the basic tasks were opening and closing of the store for business, store merchandising, inventory control, scheduling, shipping and receiving but most importantly customer service and sales.

I put customer service first because if the customer wasn't made to feel wanted and important to us they have other purchasing options.Also, from time to time opportunities arose to provide exceptional customer service whether on phone calls, customer survey replies and product returns

Ask a question about working or interviewing at White House Black Market. Our community is ready to answer.