White House Custom Colour

White House Custom Colour Employer Reviews

great place to gain experience and knowledge
production (Former Employee), fresno, caMarch 6, 2014
Pros: free lunch, paid travel for training, great support staff, first class eagan managers.
Cons: no warning of closing the fresno location, left many unprepared.
This place was one of the best places I have ever worked for (fresno). The training is grade A. The support staff is grade A. My manager in eagan was very cool! Very laid back working environment, with the ability to work as one whole unit during crunch time. The work experience you gain from my department is valuable for future employment and I can't – more... be anymore thankful. Maintenance is a well oiled machine. The only thing was there was not any warning or indication of the fresno closure to any of us. It left a lot of us unprepared to brace for unemployment. It is a business and it should not be taken personally, they did what they had to do. Still high class photo lab and great place to work for! Good Luck! – less
CNA
CNA (Former Employee), Fresno, CAMarch 4, 2014
All Cna Duties daily feedings care etc. Daily charting assisting the nurse in all duties
production/seeing great photography & designs
Photo Production Technician (Current Employee), Fresno, CAJanuary 23, 2014
It's a great to learn about photo production, such as how things are produced. Also learn how to design and photograph the right way, so it wont be cs issue.
Friendly place to work at
Esko Operator (Former Employee), Fresno, CaJanuary 10, 2014
Great place to work at for the holiday season. Very nice and friendly people who are willing to help.
Does not feel like "work"
Order Entry (Former Employee), Mesquite, TXDecember 20, 2013
Pros: great enviornment
Cons: pay was on the low side
Loved working at WHCC. The management was awesome. How often do you see the office manager jump on a shrink wrap machine to help out? I was a seasonal employee but really enjoyed the enviornment and the culture. What ever job you fill it won't seem like work. You get paid to have fun.
Good Learning Exp/ Poor Personal Life/Not very professional
Small Print Package, and other Depts. (Former Employee), Eagan, MNOctober 16, 2013
Good Learning Exp/ Poor Personal Life/Not very professional
Great product!
Plant Manager (Current Employee), Mesquite, TXSeptember 5, 2013
Pros: very clean work environment with state of the art machinery and equipment
Cons: politics
White House is known for a high quality photograph and other print products. We shipped 100% same day to digital online customers.

Here I learned the intricacies of printing with Noritsu and Durst printers on the traditional prints to large HP printers for cards, posters, business cards, etc.

The most enjoyable part of the job was in preparing for – more... and executing on a successful peak season hiring from 50 to 100 persons for Christmas.

The hardest part of the job was the politics within a Family Owned business. Loyalties were sporadic and inconsistent. The fact that loyalties of a personal nature were there suggests a company that is very different from the Fortune 100 companies. In addition, some important decisions were made without collaborative input.

However, within the industry White House Custom Colour is one of the best companies to work for. Many of the negatives listed are far worse in other printing companies. I also suspect these particular characteristics are common within Family Owned businesses. – less
Good Professional Photo-lab
Small Print Package (Current Employee), Eagan, MNApril 27, 2013
Pros: free lunches once a month, professional lab
Cons: too much gossip and drama among coworkers
Good Pay, experience, Over time during busy season, Quality with Quantity.
People are great, and the work is enjoyable.
Assembler (Former Employee), Eagan, MNApril 25, 2013
Everyone gets along with another, and the managers care about their employees. It's a family owned business and you get that family feeling from the people around you.
Productive,family owned and a pleasant atmosphere to work in.
Inspector (Former Employee), Mesquite, TXApril 8, 2013
Pros: free lunch, free parking and being 15 minutes away from the job.
Cons: none that i can think of.
Everyone was always friendly and team players,I learned about resolutions,how to spot the flaws in the pictures,and how to package the products,the management was great,the co-workers was all friendly even though I was a seasonal worker they treated me like I was a permanent employee.to be honest I didnt really find anything hard about the job,the most – more... enjoyable part of the job was being 15 minutes away from it,and the fact that the owners not only made me feel like I was a part of the staff,they would order lunch for us and even though I was a seasonal worker you still received a bonus just like the other employees, and I would love to be given the opportunity to become a full time employee,I would even take parttime just to become a staff member.

Thanks again Whcc. – less
A stimulating work environment
Seasonal Production/ Photo Mounting (Former Employee), Eagan, MNFebruary 19, 2013
Pros: work is plentiful.
Cons: lack of clear communication
The work environment is great for creative people who are busy in their work life. The print work we see on a daily basis helps to stimulate a creative individual. It is a great mixed of people.
Great place to work if you need a job.
Photo Lab Technician (Former Employee), Eagan, MNFebruary 13, 2013
Pros: pay is decent for what you do.
Cons: no advancement. repetition of work.
This is a great place to work for a short term decent paying job. There is little or no advancement in the company. You maybe be able to move laterally if the need arises.

About White House Custom Colour

Based in Eagan, Minnesota, White House Custom Colour (WHCC) is a full service, professional photographic and press printer, offering – Read more