White House Custom Colour Employee Reviews in United States

Busy workplace with alot of different positions
package handler/shipping (Former Employee) –  Eagan, MNSeptember 22, 2015
This job taught me alot about being hands on and paying close attention to detail. A typical day at work consists with being on a line and checking product for mistakes before shipping off product. Everyone worked together to get things done which is what i really enjoyed about this job. The management was great with meeting with you daily and letting you know what the goals were for the day and what was expected. The most enjoyable part about the job was being able to pick up as much ot as possible.
Pros
free lunch sometimes, being able to listen to music while working
Cons
seasonal
Nice coworkers, strict but easy going manager
Fine Arts Department (Former Employee) –  Mesquite TexasDecember 1, 2015
overall enjoyed working here even though it was temporary. learned how to use alot of new equipment. i was able to work at a steady pace and get all work done on time.
Productive,family owned and a pleasant atmosphere to work in.
Inspector (Former Employee) –  Mesquite, TXApril 8, 2013
Everyone was always friendly and team players,I learned about resolutions,how to spot the flaws in the pictures,and how to package the products,the management was great,the co-workers was all friendly even though I was a seasonal worker they treated me like I was a permanent employee.to be honest I didnt really find anything hard about the job,the most enjoyable part of the job was being 15 minutes away from it,and the fact that the owners not only made me feel like I was a part of the staff,they would order lunch for us and even though I was a seasonal worker you still received a bonus just like the other employees, and I would love to be given the opportunity to become a full time employee,I would even take parttime just to become a staff member.

Thanks again Whcc.
Pros
free lunch, free parking and being 15 minutes away from the job.
Cons
none that i can think of.
great place to gain experience and knowledge
production (Former Employee) –  fresno, caMarch 6, 2014
This place was one of the best places I have ever worked for (fresno). The training is grade A. The support staff is grade A. My manager in eagan was very cool! Very laid back working environment, with the ability to work as one whole unit during crunch time. The work experience you gain from my department is valuable for future employment and I can't be anymore thankful. Maintenance is a well oiled machine. The only thing was there was not any warning or indication of the fresno closure to any of us. It left a lot of us unprepared to brace for unemployment. It is a business and it should not be taken personally, they did what they had to do. Still high class photo lab and great place to work for! Good Luck!
Pros
free lunch, paid travel for training, great support staff, first class eagan managers.
Cons
no warning of closing the fresno location, left many unprepared.
Great product!
Plant Manager (Current Employee) –  Mesquite, TXSeptember 5, 2013
White House is known for a high quality photograph and other print products. We shipped 100% same day to digital online customers.

Here I learned the intricacies of printing with Noritsu and Durst printers on the traditional prints to large HP printers for cards, posters, business cards, etc.

The most enjoyable part of the job was in preparing for and executing on a successful peak season hiring from 50 to 100 persons for Christmas.

The hardest part of the job was the politics within a Family Owned business. Loyalties were sporadic and inconsistent. The fact that loyalties of a personal nature were there suggests a company that is very different from the Fortune 100 companies. In addition, some important decisions were made without collaborative input.

However, within the industry White House Custom Colour is one of the best companies to work for. Many of the negatives listed are far worse in other printing companies. I also suspect these particular characteristics are common within Family Owned businesses.
Pros
very clean work environment with state of the art machinery and equipment
Cons
politics
Very Productive/Seasonal
Laminating Press Operator (Former Employee) –  Eagan, MNJanuary 21, 2015
A typical day consisted of feeding my laminating press with 5x7 in. print cards. It was a job that required standing for 10-12 hours per shift, attention to detail, ability to fix minor problems on the press, and ability to work independently. This was a seasonal position that helped me financially around the holidays.
Does not feel like "work"
Order Entry (Former Employee) –  Mesquite, TXDecember 20, 2013
Loved working at WHCC. The management was awesome. How often do you see the office manager jump on a shrink wrap machine to help out? I was a seasonal employee but really enjoyed the enviornment and the culture. What ever job you fill it won't seem like work. You get paid to have fun.
Pros
great enviornment
Cons
pay was on the low side
Great place to work if you need a job.
Photo Lab Technician (Former Employee) –  Eagan, MNFebruary 13, 2013
This is a great place to work for a short term decent paying job. There is little or no advancement in the company. You maybe be able to move laterally if the need arises.
Pros
pay is decent for what you do.
Cons
no advancement. repetition of work.
fun and productive work place
lustre coating (Former Employee) –  Mesquite, TXDecember 28, 2014
I really enjoyed work at whcc...management and co worker were very friendly and willing to help and teach
A stimulating work environment
Seasonal Production/ Photo Mounting (Former Employee) –  Eagan, MNFebruary 19, 2013
The work environment is great for creative people who are busy in their work life. The print work we see on a daily basis helps to stimulate a creative individual. It is a great mixed of people.
Pros
work is plentiful.
Cons
lack of clear communication
Great Co-workers
Customer Service Represenative (Former Employee) –  Eagan, MNDecember 30, 2014
Whcc was great to work for! Their customer service department was challenging, but you learn a lot about yourself as well as both working as a team and individually all at the same time.
Pros
co-workers
Good Professional Photo-lab
Small Print Package (Current Employee) –  Eagan, MNApril 27, 2013
Good Pay, experience, Over time during busy season, Quality with Quantity.
Pros
free lunches once a month, professional lab
Cons
too much gossip and drama among coworkers
production/seeing great photography & designs
Photo Production Technician (Current Employee) –  Fresno, CAJanuary 23, 2014
It's a great to learn about photo production, such as how things are produced. Also learn how to design and photograph the right way, so it wont be cs issue.
Good Learning Exp/ Poor Personal Life/Not very professional
Small Print Package, and other Depts. (Former Employee) –  Eagan, MNOctober 16, 2013
Good Learning Exp/ Poor Personal Life/Not very professional
I loved this job
Order Entry (Former Employee) –  Eagan, MNAugust 2, 2014
My managers were fair and easy to work under their direction.
Pros
hours and work flow.
Cons
longer commute to work.
People are great, and the work is enjoyable.
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Eagan, MNApril 25, 2013
Everyone gets along with another, and the managers care about their employees. It's a family owned business and you get that family feeling from the people around you.
Friendly place to work at
Esko Operator (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CaJanuary 10, 2014
Great place to work at for the holiday season. Very nice and friendly people who are willing to help.
Cna
CNA (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAMarch 4, 2014
All Cna Duties daily feedings care etc. Daily charting assisting the nurse in all duties