White House Employee Reviews

Networking and great experience
Intern (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCSeptember 12, 2016
Access to amazing programs and great speakers and events.

As an unpaid intern, personally, I struggled, it was disheartening to see how homogenous (class not race) the internship class was. Most of your colleagues are upper middle class. Internships, especially at the WH reinforces who gets to play in politics.
fun place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  El Paseo, Palm Desert, CAJuly 28, 2016
It was a wonderful place to work, good management, flexible hours. Employees got along well together, product was high level and was easy to sell. Although we were on commission, there was never heavy pressure to make our "mark" so it was easy to do.
I learned how to open up the store in the morning and to close out at night.
Pros
dealing with customers and deep discounts on clothes
Cons
no benefits
Excellent
Sales Lead (Current Employee) –  Dedham, MAJune 25, 2016
Pros: Very rewarding, build relationships with all kinds of people (customers and co-workers). For someone who had no previous retail experience, management was friendly and welcoming.

Cons: Hours are less flexible as you grow in management position, but this depends on the store manager.
Pros
Great Discnount
Fun, excellent team
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Long Island, NYJune 13, 2016
This team make me feel lake home!!!!!! It was a pleasure to worked with all of them, very supportive, great team work!!!! Too bad I had to moved to Texas!!!!!
"Give your Sidney 50 items, she'll buy 5" -former mngr
Full-Time Sales Lead and Stylist (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALJune 1, 2016
I left this company when it became more quantity and less quality. I started as a sylist and thoroughly enjoyed being able to connect with someone and create a fun environment in which she is comfortable and leaves feeling beautiful and confident. I do not approve of the "mass pull"...something self-explanatory and passed down from upper management to incorporate in-stores. You say you're going to a wedding? We're going to, very smoothly, pull 20+ options so that you're more likely to choose ONE with (hopefully) accessories, etc.
Pros
connections with customers
Cons
corporate, dog-eat-dog atmosphere
great training, and company
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Novi, MIMay 27, 2016
Busy store with wonderful clientelle. General Manager did not do a good job of balancing personal needs to other Managers.
Some really good Sydney's.
Great discounts on clothes!!
Pros
great discounts
Cons
peticular store was too small for volume
Prestigious Work Environment
Office of Presidential Correspondence Associate (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCMarch 17, 2016
Due to confidentiality requirements, I cannot speak in detail about this work environment. My time spent in the Office of Presidential Correspondence was a rewarding and positive experience.
Fun and comfortable workplace
Sales Associate/Support (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 29, 2016
Enjoys Learning about the product and assisting the Sidney(clients, customers) with trendy looks for work, events, and other occasions. Resetting the visual outlook of the sales floor is always fun, especially when you can add your own improvisions.
Fast paced sales environment
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Gilbert, AZFebruary 13, 2016
Typical corporate retail management job. Managed employee schedules, sales training, reporting to main management daily on all facets of business. Immensely enjoyed meeting and assisting customers and analysing daily sales data to increase performance of all employees. Enjoyed the team selling approach. Hardest part of the job was being micromanaged daily with reporting etc. This took time away from selling and training.
Great Culture
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 9, 2016
White House Black Market has a great culture and core values, too bad they do NOT follow it! They say they believe in their people, but they don't. They say they have room for advancement but they don't.

Want to know more about White House?

Ask a question
Review
Confidential Assistant (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCJanuary 31, 2016
A great place to work! Fast-paced work environment. Oversee day to day operations. Manage process and priorities for the division and the principal.
Fast paced environment
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Cranston, RIJanuary 27, 2016
White House Black Market is a boutique type shopping experience. Our customers come into the store not just to shop, but to be styled. When I am not helping fulfill our clients style needs, I am performing many other tasks throughout the store. We take in stock, run reports and make sure the store is physically appealing.
Pros
Great environment
Cons
salary
Fast Paced Bar
Waitress (Current Employee) –  Detroit, MIDecember 25, 2015
Great job, meet and service a lot of great people and celebrities. Fast paced and tedious responsibilities but overall good.
Pros
Environment
Cons
Risk
Making Every Woman Feel Beautiful.
Sales Associate/ Stylist (Former Employee) –  Lone Tree, COAugust 30, 2015
A typical day at WHBM included greeting and interacting with customers at the door. Discovering what and whom they were shopping for and taking care of them in the fitting rooms. I learned patience and a great deal about retail while I was at this job. I learned how stressful and a little pushy it can be but also how I would like to be treated in the same situation. The management were pretty encouraging. The store manager was very kind and easily approachable, and the rest of the managers were available when needed, and cared about the success of the team. Everyone was so focused on getting the sale and being the one to help as many customers that; at times, it was a little difficult to make connections with my co-workers. The hardest part of the job was not having a steady income, and putting myself out of my comfort zone and approaching people when I normally wouldn't. The most enjoyable part of the job was getting to be around all of the clothes, and all of the different types of people I came across.
High paced workplace
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCAugust 4, 2015
A typical day at work involved making sure tourist and pedestrians did not get hit by construction vehicles to providing security around the White House Premises.
Awesome Company
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 26, 2015
Worked her during college and after working in corporate America. I love the company, product, and management. There is constant communication and various programs implemented to help you develop with the company.
Rewarding and knowledge-gaining
Executive Assistant to the Exec Sec of the NSC (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCFebruary 22, 2015
The White House TS (SCI)
Executive Office of the President
The National Security Council
Office of the Executive Secretariat/ Office of Records and Access Management
2004 - 2007

Executive Assistant to the Executive Secretary of the National Security Council

• Report to and work directly for the Executive Secretary to ensure smooth management and operation;
• Manage the Executive Secretary’s calendar and schedule to make certain that identified priorities are addressed in a timely fashion, helping to ensure that use of the Executive Secretary’s time is focused on critical, strategic issues;
• Screen and coordinate communications, draft correspondence for the Executive Secretary for signature, track and follow-up on requests, identifying those of importance which require attention;
• On behalf of the Executive Secretary, follow-up with appropriate staff to ensure requests and correspondence are responded to on a timely basis; establish tracking/feedback; system to ensure issues are recorded, addressed, and resolved;
• Expedite confidential matters for the Executive Secretary as requested, including direct and frequent interactions with Directors within the National Security Council, the Executive Office of the President as well as Foreign Nationals;
• Ensure the Executive Secretary is appropriately supported for trips: arrange travel, prepare itineraries, prepare and organize all background materials in advance; Coordinate scheduling
• Coordinate meetings to include Foreign Heads of State and other senior U. S. Government officials;
• Manage Personnel In /Out Processing; Secure
  more... Access Control.

The White House TS (SCI)
Executive Office of the President
The National Security Council
Office of the Executive Secretariat/ Office of Records and Access Management
2004 - 2007

Mission Support

• In support of the Executive Office of the President, manage the distribution division of the Records Management Office;
• Responsible for archiving, record keeping, and destruction of classified material;
• Ensure safeguarded delivery and acceptance of classified material, as appropriate, was administered throughout the Eisenhower Executive Office Building (EEOB), the New Executive Office Building (NEOB), the Capitol, etc.;
• Respond to routine telephone request that have standard answers; refer calls and visitors to appropriate staff.
Travel the world, make fantastic connections
Advance Associate (Current Employee) –  Various LocationsJanuary 30, 2015
In this role, I have had the opportunity to travel to an array of locations to support the President of the United States and his staff. I would recommend this position to anyone who wants to see the world and network with some of the most influential people in politics.
White House/Black Market
Sales Associate and Stylist (Former Employee) –  Temecula, CAJanuary 27, 2015
This high end ladies boutique was a joy to work for. The product is lovely. I would recommend this store to all women of style or who want to learn about style.
Fun place and great product
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Queenstown, MDJanuary 26, 2015
Good group of people and fun place to work. No room for advancement. Only 1 store manager and 1 assistant manager per store. There are at least a dozen sales associates under them. If your looking to advance to management, this wouldn't be the place to do it.