White House

White House Employer Reviews

Travel the world, make fantastic connections
Advance Associate (Current Employee), Various LocationsJanuary 30, 2015
In this role, I have had the opportunity to travel to an array of locations to support the President of the United States and his staff. I would recommend this position to anyone who wants to see the world and network with some of the most influential people in politics.
White House/Black Market
Sales Associate and Stylist (Former Employee), Temecula, CAJanuary 27, 2015
This high end ladies boutique was a joy to work for. The product is lovely. I would recommend this store to all women of style or who want to learn about style.
Fun place and great product
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Queenstown, MDJanuary 26, 2015
Good group of people and fun place to work. No room for advancement. Only 1 store manager and 1 assistant manager per store. There are at least a dozen sales associates under them. If your looking to advance to management, this wouldn't be the place to do it.
This could be fun for a first job but not if you're trying to make good money
Sales Lead (Current Employee), Bakersfield, CAJanuary 22, 2015
Pros: fun with the right people
Cons: low pay
Just the associates are required to do a lot yet they are just paid minimum wage.
The management is not very organized or neither is the company as a whole. Promotions are missed and things are not communicated well between corporate and the business.
Great experience
Pentagon Internship (Former Employee), Washington DCNovember 4, 2014
How can you say anything bad about doing an internship at the White House? I learned so much; especially realizing politics is a hard life.
Review for Chicos Inc.
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee), Dallas, TXJuly 8, 2014
A great company to work for. As a asst. manger I worked a 40 work week nights and days. I was incharge of sales, sales training, depostis, and much much more.
The White House
District Sales Manager (Former Employee), Mount Pleasant SCJune 24, 2014
As a Manager of a store in the South, I was challenged everyday to be the best I can be. The management team was supportive and always challenged me to reach new level of sucess.
Too much drama
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee), Orlando, FLJune 20, 2014
Management was too busy worrying bout your personal life than managing.
Great Environment
Sales Lead/ Keyholder (Former Employee), Houston, TXMay 28, 2014
Pros: employee discount and flexible schedule
Cons: short breaks, long hours
I absolutely loved working for this company. Plenty of room for growth. Great employee discount and lots of customer interaction.
Nice atmosphere
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Milford, CTMay 16, 2014
Pros: upbeat
Cons: goals to meet
Management helped to initialize sale; very helpful along with letting associate make decisions toward customers choices.
Co-workers make it awesome.
Sales & Customer Care (Former Employee), Corona, CAMay 8, 2014
Pros: you get alot of hands on training and coworkers are very helpful, plus commission based, and top performers recognized..
Cons: commission atmosphere can make it "tacky" at times, commission is less than most and general pay is terrible.
Arrive in the am, many times I was there before the scheduled MOD. Management would go to computer to review days duties/promos, etc while I would straighten the floor, clean if need be, straighten pips, clean bathrooms, assist with opening tills, or do any other task that was not completed from night before. Meet and greet customers and inquire why they were shopping with us. Help them pick out outfits for particular occasions, from hats, jewelry, clothes, down to shoes, place them in dressing rooms and assist with getting different sizes/colors or styles of items that would coordinate or fit customers shape. Assist them through their selection and ring them up at cash wrap. Provide receipt and thank customer and make them aware of upcoming promos, etc. Do go-backs and place items in size order. Order items if sizes are not in-store available for customer purchase. Clean store in-between customers, call birthday customers or let them know of specials via phone. Assist with phone orders and questions. Receive and unpack new merchandise, prep them for the pips/floor (steam), break down boxes, strategize new promo ideas, and trying to meet daily sales goals. Closing includes returning all go-backs, sizing entire store, vacuuming and cleaning as much as possible within 1/2 to hour.
Nice clothes
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee), Normal, ILJanuary 28, 2014
Pros: wardrobe building
Cons: undesirable hours
Structured environment, small boutique with quality clothes. The sales goals were high and difficult to achieve when there were no customers in the store.
Great place where everyday you make an impact to the American people
Executive Office of Presidential Correspondence (Former Employee), Washington, DCJanuary 23, 2014
Loved the great, intelligent people I worked with.

Everyday was different, and I loved that!
great
White House Intern (Former Employee), Washington, DCDecember 24, 2013
Great job great people. I learned a lot as an intern for
Clinton. I would work here again.
Chance of a Lifetime
Intern Program (Former Employee), Washington, DCDecember 17, 2013
Pros: free access to the west wing of the white house
As a rising Sophomore in College I was selected to serve as a White House Intern under Clinton (before Lewinsky). I worked in the Office of White House Security and worked on projects with FBI, and Secret Service.
Its okay, Depending on who you are
Sales Associate (Current Employee), OHDecember 4, 2013
Pros: discounts
Cons: hipocritical management
At the Lyndhurst location in Legacy Village it stays busy for the most part, I have learned a lot working here verse other retail jobs in the past. The management is ok to a degree because they have a habit of doing what they want to do and expecting the associates/support to follow all the rules. My Co-workers are ok, the hardest part of my job is dealing with the clicks, and bias attitudes there, that are mainly reflected from management. It's hard to tolerate money hungry people that always assume you are trying to take their sale, instead of asking, "what else did she need." I'm not surprised about the high turn over rate there. The most enjoyable part about working there is the discounts and training, if you are lucky enough to get trained properly instead of staying at the level of support for more than 4months. (even with tons of experience)
Fun and energetic work place.
Cashier Support (Current Employee), Pentagon City MallNovember 18, 2013
I love working here. It taught me alot about fashion and how to dress certain body types of women. Everyone is super friendly which makes work easier and time goes by fast.The only problem with the job is doing email capture. If we don't get a customer to sign up it counts against us and sometime we have that very rude customer that just does not want to be bothered with that.
Superb working environment. Tough, hard work, and extremely long hours and considerable travel; but looked forward to coming to work every day.
Military Assistant to President George H.W. Bush (Former Employee), Washington, DCNovember 15, 2013
Pros: superb environment to learn and be part of making things happen in the federal government
I learned how the federal government does and should function and was able to participate in that process at the highest levels. There was no such thing as a typical day. Some lasted only 8-5 while others went on for the entire 24 hours and then some, Travel was extensive and often not scheduled till the last moment. However, it was the best professional experience I have ever had.
Retail is what you make it!!!!
Store Manager (Former Employee), Princeton, NJSeptember 30, 2013
Pros: meeting new people, and a nice discount!
Cons: retail hours
I learned that retail is what you make it ! its not easy but if you love the product and people you will love your job!
Great place to work during the holidays.
Sales Associate/Wardrobe Stylist (Former Employee), Willow Grove, PASeptember 23, 2013
Staff were team players.and customer's were cordial. Position was great for the holiday season