White House Employee Reviews

It was nice for retail.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  New JerseyAugust 1, 2017
I've worked in retail for four years. I can honestly say that this was one job I didn't mind having. They were willing to work around my schedule and I gained great friendships while I was here. Customers were always fun too. Some of them weren't willing to have outfits picked out for them but for the most part they were receptive. My only complaint is that some people could have been more focused on work than play.
Pros
Flexible schedules. Guaranteed uninterrupted breaks. Nice people to work with.
Cons
Managaement was always changing, we couldn't keep employees due to difficulties with relationships, too many personal things brought to work
Nice Company
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Atterbury Value MArtMay 29, 2017
I liked the people
Mopping floors
I learned about linen
Awesome management
Learning the product
The people and the clients
Everyone worked as a team.
Excellent Opportunities and Employees
Easter Egg Roll Volunteer ( current) (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCMay 24, 2017
Volunteering was an honor I will truly never forget. The return volunteers were incredibly helpful to those of us who were first timers. I was pleased how professional each and EVERY staff member went out of the way to ensure the event was a success.

The food was excellent from start to finish and the crowd was so engaged. Security was very diligent and thorough with each person, no matter how often they passed through the secured areas. (Never complacent).

The National Park Service did a fabulous job keeping the volunteers hydrated and dry on that rainy day. It was a wonderful experience. It would be a pleasure to work at the White House full time!
Pros
Excellent employees, great teamwork, advancement
Cons
Facility Supervisor was fu to be in the hot seat, in charge
Facility Manager/Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCMay 17, 2017
White House really? How much fun was that? A lot! Working on different systems was fun, Being around the President , First Family and Cabinet members as exciting. Working hours at times could be hard on a body 12 hour days for 3 or 4 days in a row can put a hurting on a body.
Pros
Prestige. Honor, Just to work at the White House
Cons
Stressful demanding, away for alot of schools
Challenging and stressful work enviroment
Vice President (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCMay 9, 2017
I support OMB and other high level staffers on a daily basis. Management can be difficult due to the policitcal atmosphere that exists. The hardest part of the job as a administrator is to inform customers of policies that they may not like and getting berated.
It's the White House!!
Staff Assistant (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCMarch 26, 2017
There is no typical day at work. Each day brings on new tasks and responsibilities, which is something that made it fun. The culture varies from office to office, but all are there to serve at the pleasure of the President. Expect to have long days at the office, it's what you sign up for. The work you do their contributes to the President's work towards improving the lives for the people of the USA
Pros
White House Employee, Access to great popular events
Cons
Long Hours
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Rogers, ARFebruary 2, 2017
Very fun atmosphere and great company to work for. You get to know your customers on a personal level and have the opportunity to be a personal stylist!
Managable environment to work in
Sales Lead (Current Employee) –  Tinton Falls, NJJanuary 11, 2017
Management is very wishy- washy, store manager is disrespectful and not very understanding. Assistant managers are very reliable and a lot easier to work with.
An amazing opportunity
Part-Time Lead and Site Advance Person (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJanuary 8, 2017
I got to see the country and the world representing the President and First Lady of the United States. I was able to see first hand the teamwork and collaboration it takes to put on events for the most powerful man in the world and the first lady.
Client focused work-environment
Sales Associate/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Santa Clara, CANovember 28, 2016
Working at WHBM was a great experience. During a normal shift we would be available for one-on-one shopping with the clients. The management provided us with plenty of tools to be able to meet our daily goals while providing us with the moral and emotional support at the same time.
I think that working for this company is great company
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Aventura, FLNovember 1, 2016
To work for this company you have to be very good at sales and their do not pay great a typical day is sales and restock the store and the hardest part was not enough hour
Pros
this company pays comminess
Cons
not do give enought hour
Part time
Black Market -Sales Lead (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAOctober 17, 2016
I worked here while I was attending college full time. It was fun, and we received a nice discount, however it was just a job to help me pay for my car, insurance...etc.
Can be fun at times
Sales Lead (Current Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 13, 2016
Decent place to work. Selling techniques are tad forceful and compensation is not competitive.
Lack of support for the back of house team, associates need to feel more appreciation.
white house| Blackmarket
Support Associate (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAOctober 10, 2016
I am a support at this job. basically I do everything, stock checking, runner, replant, organizing floor and back room. opening cash register, cashiering, customer service and answering phone calls. I have learned a lot about sales and cashiering. most enjoyable part is answering phone calls or when there is a customer that need to be assist. interacting with customers is one of the most interesting and enjoyable part of this job.
Pros
learned a lot from this job, enough time for breaks and lunches, felixable hours, lots of opportunities to growth
Cons
n/a
Networking and great experience
Intern (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCSeptember 12, 2016
Access to amazing programs and great speakers and events.

As an unpaid intern, personally, I struggled, it was disheartening to see how homogenous (class not race) the internship class was. Most of your colleagues are upper middle class. Internships, especially at the WH reinforces who gets to play in politics.
fun place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  El Paseo, Palm Desert, CAJuly 28, 2016
It was a wonderful place to work, good management, flexible hours. Employees got along well together, product was high level and was easy to sell. Although we were on commission, there was never heavy pressure to make our "mark" so it was easy to do.
I learned how to open up the store in the morning and to close out at night.
Pros
dealing with customers and deep discounts on clothes
Cons
no benefits
Excellent
Sales Lead (Current Employee) –  Dedham, MAJune 25, 2016
Pros: Very rewarding, build relationships with all kinds of people (customers and co-workers). For someone who had no previous retail experience, management was friendly and welcoming.

Cons: Hours are less flexible as you grow in management position, but this depends on the store manager.
Pros
Great Discnount
Fun, excellent team
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Long Island, NYJune 13, 2016
This team make me feel lake home!!!!!! It was a pleasure to worked with all of them, very supportive, great team work!!!! Too bad I had to moved to Texas!!!!!
"Give your Sidney 50 items, she'll buy 5" -former mngr
Full-Time Sales Lead and Stylist (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALJune 1, 2016
I left this company when it became more quantity and less quality. I started as a sylist and thoroughly enjoyed being able to connect with someone and create a fun environment in which she is comfortable and leaves feeling beautiful and confident. I do not approve of the "mass pull"...something self-explanatory and passed down from upper management to incorporate in-stores. You say you're going to a wedding? We're going to, very smoothly, pull 20+ options so that you're more likely to choose ONE with (hopefully) accessories, etc.
Pros
connections with customers
Cons
corporate, dog-eat-dog atmosphere
great training, and company
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Novi, MIMay 27, 2016
Busy store with wonderful clientelle. General Manager did not do a good job of balancing personal needs to other Managers.
Some really good Sydney's.
Great discounts on clothes!!
Pros
great discounts
Cons
peticular store was too small for volume