White Lodging Services Employee Reviews

Decent Company, working to a better culture
Front Desk Manager (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJune 20, 2017
This is a great company to work for if work is your 1st or only priority. This is not a great company to attempt to have a work/life balance due to the industry as well as this company expects everyone to work "lean" meaning you are working with a skeleton crew at almost every location. There is a lot of movement being made at this company to change some of these things, but I'm unsure if the expectation of running lean is going to change.
Pros
Great Compensation for those who perform
Cons
Difficult to have a work life balance due to the industry and company expectation to work "lean"
White Lodging Services is an outstanding hotel management company.
Lead General Manager (Former Employee) –  Tampa-Brandon, FLJune 17, 2017
White Lodging Services is an outstanding hotel management company.

White Lodging has an excellent portfolio of hotels ranging in size and amenities. As the Area General Manager responsible for three properties; Homewood Suites, Courtyard by Marriott, Fairfield Inn by Marriott, I found my role challenging, inspiring, and "fun". The Associates were talented and were well vested in providing outstanding service and contributing in whatever way possible to achieve success and meet a common goal. The opportunity to excel and progress were always available.

I enjoyed the challenges and the autonomy to manage, be creative, provide leadership to my team as well as interact daily with guests and groups.

Outstanding!
Educational and Development Oriented
Bench Assistant General Manager (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 30, 2017
White Lodging is very interested in training and developing hourly associates into managers within the organization. They are growing quickly and try to utilize talent within prior to outsourcing.
Difficult to balance work/life
Assistant General Manager (Former Employee) –  PennsylvaniaMay 8, 2017
White Lodging offered great opportunities for advancement, however the opportunities involved relocation. Benefits for FT employees were very good. Management at some properties were very difficult to work with. 10+ hour days were required for all managers, which usually turned into 13+ hour days, making life/work balance difficult to maintain. Great to work for if you are interested in a monogamous relationship with your hotel.
Pros
great benfits, training, opprotunity
Cons
must be willing to relocate to advance
White Lodging Services
Manager (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXApril 27, 2017
White Lodging Services is really evolving and definitely gives you an opportunity to grow and develop. There are several opportunities for advancement available, especially if you are willing to relocate. The hospitality industry is a demanding business, so be prepared to put in the time and dedication if you seek advancement. I started at an hourly position and have worked my way up, which is an opportunity available if you want to go that route.
Pros
Opportunity for advancement
Cons
Pay could be better
Maintenance
Regional Engineer (Former Employee) –  Merrillville, INApril 17, 2017
White lodging was great place to work in loved my job was laI'd off when economy went down. Was on the road all the time but was rewarded for it. Recommended
Great way to advance your career and fast.
Bench Assistant General Manager (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTMarch 11, 2017
White Lodging is a wonderful fast growing company. One of the top companies in the hospitality industry. They have remarkable management and a great team culture.
Great Opportunities, No Balance
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Pontiac, MichiganFebruary 15, 2017
I worked for White Lodging in a variety of different roles for a period of 3.5 years. During that time, I grew very rapidly from a first-time manager to managing my own property. I greatly enjoyed many aspects of my job, but was ultimately done-in by the lack of support from upper management and not having any work-life balance.
Pros
Rapid growth, movement, relocation
Cons
Long hours, high-stress
Could use some work
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INDecember 13, 2016
Being a hotel, things are expected to be crazy sometimes. A usual day can be so busy that, depending on your department, you don't have the opportunity to sit down and take a break. You are given zero flexibility when the hotel is busy and expected to devote all your free time to being at the hotel because "you are in the hospitality industry". If you do not, you are typically overlooked for any advancement opportunities and sometimes chastised for not having a team spirit. If you are young and have no family or need the money I would recommend this company. You will not want for hours and have a multitude of overtime opportunities. However, if you have a family or lead a busy personal life then perhaps this is not the job for you. Holidays are "blackout" which means you can not request them off. If a day is busy you are expected to stay as long as necessary. As a single mother, I would not recommend this company to single parents. The most enjoyable part of the job was the people I worked with and saw on a daily basis.
Pros
Great insurance, decent pay
Cons
NO flexibility
Fun working environment working with like minded individuals
Courtyard Austin NW / Interim Front Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXNovember 5, 2016
Reviewing previous days operations and seeing how we can execute and resolve service issues form the night before. Very intersting managing a team of Front Desk associates.
Hospitality is a very challenging & fun business
Director of Event Operations (Former Employee) –  Littleton, COAugust 10, 2016
I typical day at work is
Checking rooms,
Make sure all associates are present
Greet your contacts
Check with kitchen( guaranties, time & special request
Balance next day schedule
Organization is a big learning model
The hardest part of the job is the miscommunication
The most enjoyably part having fun while working together with my coworkers.
Pros
Fun and challenging at the same time
Cons
Miscommunication
Growth and opportunity
T.G.I.Friday's Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Bedford Park, ILMay 18, 2016
Here is a company that lets you be you. You are able to grow at your own pace while still working with a great team. The work environment was very fun and exciting.
Not one day is every the same. Working at the front desk you never know what will come your way.
Guest Services Representative (Current Employee) –  Merrillville, INDecember 7, 2015
Fun place to work because you get to work and interact with different people on any given day whether they are coming in for business or coming in to stay leisure. Supportive upper management who enjoy seeing their employees grow and develop within the company.
Great Stepping Stone...
Group Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 2, 2015
It has been a great opportunity to work with White Lodging's high-performing, results driven culture.

The only thing is that at the end of the day... The numbers are all that matter(That's just my opinion), and not the quality of one's life. I put in a lot of time and even covered other people's roles and received little compensation or consideration.

The White Lodging gives you a great foundation to build your skills upon, but it's been rare in my experience that you get the respect and admiration that you deserve for doing more than what's required of you... It's more expected than admired.

My decision to leave White Lodging was a hard one... But a recent event that I shall keep disclosed has made me look into other opportunities to find a company that will treat me more like a person rather than a number.
Pros
Complimentary Room Opportunities, SKill Building, INspiring Culture
Cons
Little quality of life, Overworking employees, Over-zealous expectations.
What I learned
Barista/Cook (Former Employee) –  Collegeville, PAOctober 2, 2015
This employment taught me on the spot cooking, mixing beverages, making specialty coffees, and prepping food for the next days use. I was also able to learn how to place food orders and properly put the shipments away in an organized order. I also managed banquets.
Great environment and people
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, IndianaSeptember 2, 2015
I worked for White Lodging services for such a long time and made so many long lasting friends. The work environment was just as amazing as the people. They all became like family.
Pros
free lunch, great people
Cons
long hours for management
Results driven company
Front Office Manager (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXJune 21, 2015
White Lodging is a very results driven company that constantly provides you new challenges. They provide their associates the tools and training they need to do their job to the best of their abilities and let them feel empowered to make decisions. This company is not for everyone. Only passionate, driven people will thrive in this company.
Pros
Wide variety of brands in both select and full service
Cons
Work-Life Balance
Don't get invested
Person in Charger and Server (Current Employee) –  ColoradoJune 11, 2015
Don't get invested and tell them that. They will just take complete and total advantage of you. I loved it here but I'll tell you what, people are bat s**t crazy there. oh, and management doesn't care about your goals or feelings or opinions.
Intense Company with inconsistent focus
Controller (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 17, 2015
The company culture has changed over the years, and this past year has been met with several new policies that limits our ability to "manage." These policies have been met with documents to sign, and it makes working work the company uncomfortable.

The people and my direct managers are great to work with and I have learned a lot. My direct managers have the unfortunate task of enforcing these new policies in which they are in obvious disagreement.
Pros
Benefits, quick promotions, smart and focused co-workers.
Cons
Walking a legal fine line in their hiring practices, company recruiting practices.
Productive and fun place
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXMay 10, 2015
The most enjoyable part of the job is when people of different ethnic backgrounds come together socially during breaks and morning huddles.