White Lodging Services Employee Reviews in United States

Great Stepping Stone...
Group Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 2, 2015
It has been a great opportunity to work with White Lodging's high-performing, results driven culture.

The only thing is that at the end of the day... The numbers are all that matter(That's just my opinion), and not the quality of one's life. I put in a lot of time and even covered other people's roles and received little compensation or consideration.

The White Lodging gives you a great foundation to build your skills upon, but it's been rare in my experience that you get the respect and admiration that you deserve for doing more than what's required of you... It's more expected than admired.

My decision to leave White Lodging was a hard one... But a recent event that I shall keep disclosed has made me look into other opportunities to find a company that will treat me more like a person rather than a number.
Pros
Complimentary Room Opportunities, SKill Building, INspiring Culture
Cons
Little quality of life, Overworking employees, Over-zealous expectations.
Intense Company with inconsistent focus
Controller (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 17, 2015
The company culture has changed over the years, and this past year has been met with several new policies that limits our ability to "manage." These policies have been met with documents to sign, and it makes working work the company uncomfortable.

The people and my direct managers are great to work with and I have learned a lot. My direct managers have the unfortunate task of enforcing these new policies in which they are in obvious disagreement.
Pros
Benefits, quick promotions, smart and focused co-workers.
Cons
Walking a legal fine line in their hiring practices, company recruiting practices.
Not one day is every the same. Working at the front desk you never know what will come your way.
Guest Services Representative (Current Employee) –  Merrillville, INDecember 7, 2015
Fun place to work because you get to work and interact with different people on any given day whether they are coming in for business or coming in to stay leisure. Supportive upper management who enjoy seeing their employees grow and develop within the company.
Great environment and people
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, IndianaSeptember 2, 2015
I worked for White Lodging services for such a long time and made so many long lasting friends. The work environment was just as amazing as the people. They all became like family.
Pros
free lunch, great people
Cons
long hours for management
Growth and opportunity
T.G.I.Friday's Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Bedford Park, ILMay 18, 2016
Here is a company that lets you be you. You are able to grow at your own pace while still working with a great team. The work environment was very fun and exciting.
Results driven company
Front Office Manager (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXJune 21, 2015
White Lodging is a very results driven company that constantly provides you new challenges. They provide their associates the tools and training they need to do their job to the best of their abilities and let them feel empowered to make decisions. This company is not for everyone. Only passionate, driven people will thrive in this company.
Pros
Wide variety of brands in both select and full service
Cons
Work-Life Balance
ever changing work environment
Building Engineer (Former Employee) –  Bedford Park, ILApril 14, 2013
Overall a typical day at work included determining any problems within the building mechanical systems that would need addressed immediately. Furthermore, I learned that it is important to adapt to changes within organizations especially when dealing with new management. My co - workers seemed always professional but the hardest part of the job was communication with the managers as the new managers didn't care about guest production and helping guests feel welcome and safe.
Pros
good benifits
Cons
lack of leadership
Great Company to work for.
Regional Director of Operations (Former Employee) –  HoustonJanuary 8, 2015
Great Company, challenging, accountable and rewarding. Strong culture with great owners to work with. Promotes from within at high level of talent. Great benefits.
What I learned
Barista/Cook (Former Employee) –  Collegeville, PAOctober 2, 2015
This employment taught me on the spot cooking, mixing beverages, making specialty coffees, and prepping food for the next days use. I was also able to learn how to place food orders and properly put the shipments away in an organized order. I also managed banquets.
I love it here!
At Your Service Agent (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMay 27, 2012
I have been working for White Lodging at the Indianapolis Marriott Downtown for a little over a year. I love it. There are many opportunities for advancement, and they treat you well. Everyone is treated with respect. It's the best place I have ever worked for.
Pros
hours, benefits, employee relations, advancement opportunities, working conditions
Cons
pay
Don't get invested
Person in Charger and Server (Current Employee) –  ColoradoJune 11, 2015
Don't get invested and tell them that. They will just take complete and total advantage of you. I loved it here but I'll tell you what, people are bat s**t crazy there. oh, and management doesn't care about your goals or feelings or opinions.
Great for college grads and slaves
Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJune 27, 2012
10 hrs days are very typical

Great culture and benefits

Pay is only competitive on a managerial level

Properties are largely owned By RLJ lodging, which is very very poor in updating their properties.
Pros
culture, values, and beneits
Cons
pay, long hrs, front line staff are slaves to their employers
Established company with great morals and ethics
Bartender/Server (Current Employee) –  Merrillville, INMarch 4, 2013
Excellent company to start a career. Reputation ranks among the best around. In association with the Radisson brand, they are driven to be the cleanest and friendliest hotel in the midwest.
Pros
excellent management staff
Cons
long days without steady business flow
Management team is key.
Guest Service Representative (GSR) (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXJuly 15, 2014
I've heard of successful hotels operated under White Lodging with a management that take a personal interest in their employees and their personal lives (career goals, personal endeavors, etc.). I unfortunately have not had the luck of working at a property with this type of management. With guest satisfaction scores at an all time low and a very switched off management team, a day at work feels like a month of labor intensive overload. There are a lot of places where management lack. Where to begin? Let's start with them never being there. Simply put, once 5 o'clock hits, they are out the door and complain about how overworked they are. Employees are unappreciated. We feel exploited. We are talked down to. We are worked to our core. We have been short staffed since the beginning of my employment and are finding it harder and harder to understand how difficult it is to hire people. I speak for myself as well as my team. Seldom are we ever praised for our work. They reap the benefits of our hard work with their quarterly bonuses. Not a thank you heard. This is the first I've ever heard of a management NOT trained in all of the departments. This is the first I've ever heard of keeping one person on duty on busy nights with no thought to schedule a second because "it is not in the budget." Might I ask where the budget goes? I'm just not sure about this specific property. Definitely something to be reported to Human Resources.

The most enjoyable part of work is the opportunity to meet many people of many backgrounds and having exposure to many walks of life. A good conversation
  more... can last a lifetime. There are sellout incentives. SXSW is the busiest time of year and we sold out every night of it. It was a nice bonus added to our check. This is definitely a job that makes you more self aware. You develop patience, empathy, and an ability to plan and take charge. Things that were not learned from management, but on your own. When you are stuck by yourself, you become your own backbone.  less
Pros
$10 incentives on sold out nights
Cons
bad management, long hours, no appreciation, hostile work environment, low gss scores
The old company structure worked
Asst Front Office Man/Audit/ Housekeeping Sup. (Former Employee) –  Merrillville, INJune 18, 2013
It started as a great company to work for close nit environment but as the company expanded and new management took over it became unsecure and cut throat everyone cutting necks to advance. They let go of great managers and replaced them with ppl who just follow the crowd. Dont ever think about advancing if you are a female or a minority you have no shot of moving up its an old school white male run company. Pay is below average for industry standards 50+work hours a week average out to about $12 an hour
Great People, Great Leaderships, Terrific Training
Guest Service Representative (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJanuary 28, 2013
The company truly takes care of its employees - barbeques, visits to amusement parks when we met goals, and a general sense of caring and family. The training and principals of customer service were also excellent. I learned so much from this company, and take it with me everywhere I go.
Pros
great environment, lunches and staff gatherings, terrific training
Cons
wages, benefits
productive
ACCOUNTS PAYABLE SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Merrillville, INNovember 9, 2014
good place for newly business/accounting graduates to begin there careers
Pros
good place for newly business/accounting graduates
Cons
favortism
Productive and fun place
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXMay 10, 2015
The most enjoyable part of the job is when people of different ethnic backgrounds come together socially during breaks and morning huddles.
productive
Banquet Server (Former Employee) –  Marysvillle, InApril 27, 2015
I would set up the room for the party or event that we were hosting for that day. I would also help with the clean up after the event was over.
Pros
short shift, breaks
Cons
healthcare, based pay
Good memories of a great place to work
Front Desk promoted to Administrator (Former Employee) –  Ann Arbor, MIOctober 23, 2012
Flexible, normal benefits, good co-workers, great experience
Pros
the people
Cons
needed dental and eye benefits at the time...

Ask a question about working or interviewing at White Lodging Services. Our community is ready to answer.