White Lodging Employee Reviews

Very beautiful hotel, Great ballrooms. Pool and spa, full kitchen, restaurant and bar
Engineering (Former Employee) –  Plantation, FLDecember 12, 2017
This is the worst place I’ve ever worked at. There’s no job security it’s as if they don’t appreciate you. People never get fired from here they quit. there are about 20 new faces each month, nobody stays. This is the place where you gain experience then move on.
Extremely stressful and poorly managed
Bistro Server (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTNovember 11, 2017
While you had your job and were able to work, the managers and the lack of staff made my job incredibly difficult. It was hard to balance my home life and working there because the drama from poorly maintained managers.
Excellent management
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INNovember 7, 2017
I loved this job and company. It was a great friendly but professional environment with a lot of opportunities. if I ever move back to the Indianapolis area I would reapply for this company ,
Leave
Full Time Night Auditor (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNNovember 1, 2017
I stepped away from my night auditor position for search of full time day time role. The hardest part of the role was the overnight hours, but I enjoyed what I was doing.
Pros
Cons
hours, team work, communication
Incredibly sexist, and slave like conditions
Housekeeper and Laundry (Former Employee) –  Grand Junction, COOctober 16, 2017
Almost 300 hours every two weeks at $9.30 a hour if male. Females earn 13 a hour less rooms to build, double standards, management threatens you daily
Pros
Unlimited overtime
Cons
False accusations, people treating you like a slave
Hotel Maintenance
Cluster Engineering Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Bedford Park, ILOctober 16, 2017
I start my week eager to take on daily responsiblities as the engineering supervisor. At Midway Hotel Center I print out the weekly pm's for 19 engineers to maintain equipment and properties on a schedule. I most enjoy seeing overall guest satisfaction and achieving this and keeping equipment downtime at a mínimum.
Pros
Vacation, Pto, 401k, Medical Insurance very cheap for family
Cons
Not many DOE positions in Chicago
Excellent place to work
Front Desk Agent (Current Employee) –  Erie, PAOctober 13, 2017
Excellent place to work. Great environment to work. Excellent management. Flexible work schedule. Works well if you want to do an intership with the company
It is a fast paced, competitive company
Front Office Manager (Current Employee) –  Denver, COSeptember 8, 2017
It is hit or miss based on the staff you work with. You could have an amazing GM or someone who has little to no idea what they are doing. Culture is generally great with the hourly staff and fair-good with management.
Ok to start
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Grand Junction, COAugust 22, 2017
Management is like bickering high school kids who. Ant stop fighting or criticizing personal time issues to be productive at work. Would be awesome if correct and supportive managers were in place as they were when I started
Pros
Not too many
Cons
No work life balance, abhorant managers
White Lodging Upper Management Has No Clue
Hotel Management-Indianapolis Marriott Downtown (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJune 26, 2017
No job security. Never know when you are going to be outsourced so the company can save money. WLS is a perfect example of when founder passes away and son takes over at the helm but doesn't know how to run a large operation. They say they want to grow and create thousands of new jobs in the company but can't even manage the hotels they have. They also get rid of seasoned experienced workers and replace them with cheaper younger workers to save on the bottom line. White Lodging is a terrible company and I'd think twice before starting a career there because if you do you will not end up there long. The good Managers always end up leaving WLS for stronger and more ethical companies.
Pros
Great Coworkers
Cons
Terrible GM, Always Outsourcing Jobs, No Life Work Balance, False Promises
What to Expect
Guest Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Merrillville, INMay 24, 2017
This type of job for this company will provide you with experience more than the pay. The pay is only $9.00 across the company for Guest Service Representative. I was lucky enough to have an amazing manager to make my experience enjoyable with the company. There are plenty of opportunities for you to move up on the management side of the company. Not so much for the corporate side. Overall, if your looking to make your way into the hospitality industry, especially if you want to become a General Manager someday, then White Lodging is the company to go too.
Great company with plenty of opportunity
Front Desk Lead (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMay 18, 2017
There are many opportunities to move up in this company. The company provides resources to make to sure you are getting the correct information and training.
Avoid
Gallery Host / Concierge (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXMay 2, 2017
Very unprofessional behind the scenes. Management pushes for their bonus', at workers' expense. Workers are not people, just bodies, and not treated fairly or honestly. Middle management, as per the norm, take credit for other's work. Blatant favoritism.

For a paycheck, not expecting any thing else, good place to work.
Great place for college students. It does offer opportunities.

The company has great customer service principles, that one should learn, then utilize in their daily life and/or with other companies.

The company encourages "ownership", allows one latitude in dealing with guests, as long as management doesn't have to exert themselves.

The best part of the job, are the repeat corporate guests. They notice and appreciate the hard work one does.
Very entertaining atmosphere
Server/Bartender (Former Employee) –  Merrillville, INApril 13, 2017
A typical shift here in the banquets department consists of setting tables and centerpieces for weddings, cooperate parties, birthday, baby showers, ect. The culture with every event is different. Many themed events as well. The most enjoyable part of this job was meeting countless new individuals on a weekly basis. Listening to the ideas of others then making it happen is always a rewarding feeling.
Pros
Always music at work
Cons
Minimal break time
Productive work environment but employees are not appreciated
Concierge (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYApril 2, 2017
A typical work day consist of never stopping, especially in the concierge lounge. what i learned from them was there was to make all the connections as possible because you never know who can help you in the future. the management was flat out horrible. the hardest part of the job was the morning rush, it never lasted more then 2 hours. the most enjoyable part of the job was the guest i encountered with.
Productive, good place for work, team players, Management support
Maintenance Manager at Residence Inn Denver South (Former Employee) –  Lakewood, COMarch 28, 2017
Good place to work, a lot costumer service needed, we have to take care of guess and make them feel they are in home, really team players, everyone works for the team .
Low Pay Lackluster Leadership
Guest Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXMarch 27, 2017
I wanted a job that made it easy to work, do well, and go home and I did not find that here no matter how much I tried to work things out. The staff is small, which has its own pros and cons, but more than anything I found lackluster leadership.
Pros
Great co-workers
Cons
No breaks, bad management, work life balance
Great Experience and Progression
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMarch 7, 2017
If you are a quick learner, and hard worker there are many opportunities for growth and development. Love to promote from within and have plenty of opportunities to work with multiple branded hotels.
Enjoyed working here
Marriott Representative (Former Employee) –  Golden, CO; Durango, CO; Lonetree, COFebruary 22, 2017
Overall, I had a great experience working with White Lodging. I worked for Marriott for 6+ years. I worked front desk, serving, banquets, breakfast chef, and night audit. I continued to learn through the variety of positions worked. Each manager I worked with was absolutely amazing, service centered, and an ideal team leader. The hardest part of the job was maintaining my cheerful attitude with the crazies that came in to stay at the hotels -- Ive been yelled at because housekeeping replaced dirty towels with clean ones, for not having connecting rooms available, and yada yada. But! Thats just part of the customer service industry -- good thing white lodging was such a great company to work for when I was with them! The most enjoyable part of the job was the people I worked with -- I made some forever friends. :)
Pros
the people, the leadership.
Cons
some travelers aren't pleasant, count on working weekends and holidays.
Amazing Company
Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Carmel, INFebruary 21, 2017
If you're looking for the best place to work look no farther than White Lodging. Like many other hotels it does require a lot of work, but if you put the time in they will take care of you.
Pros
Cons
Need to be dedicated to the big picture