White Memorial Medical Center Employee Reviews

Caring and friendly
Food Service Worker (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAApril 20, 2017
I have learned so much at White Memorial Medical Center, You walk in the hospital and you get this warm welcoming smile and a "hi, how are you?" Knowing your not a nobody feels amazing because they do care for you there.
old family type of environment
Manager/Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAApril 20, 2017
WMMC is a good place to work, but you have to be liked by the leadership, in order to make it.
There are different camps and it is a challenge to exist peacefully and just do your job. Not clear if the leadership is obtuse or just mean, but there is a definite disconnect.
Pros
big facility, strong financial base
Cons
parking
Family atmosphere
Clinical Lab Scientist (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAApril 6, 2017
This was a surprise; the lab really had a family atmosphere to it. This made it enjoyable to be a part of co-workers lives and I still keep in touch with a number of people.
Hard work but worth it
LVN Per Diem (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMarch 18, 2017
I learned a lot from the greatest Psychiatrist at this hospital. I enjoyed working psych and the group I started with was wonderful. They eventually kept leaving so our group got less tight.
Agreat place to give your tie to
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMarch 5, 2017
The culture at WMMC is second to none. Truly a wounderful place full of amazing people. From house keeping to surge techs to rns to the drs nd even to those in charge, what an amazing place of healing This place is more then a blessing to the surrounding community.
Pros
loving caring people
Cons
staff dont always get the support the need to provide the best care
Good nursing culture
Clinical Nurse Manager (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAFebruary 23, 2017
It was a good place to grow and work in well supported team environment. The organization is non profit, so the focus was on patient care and safety and staff development.
Pros
Staff were well educated and supported
Cons
limited room for advancement after middle management
Good company
Customer Care Representative (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJanuary 9, 2017
Offers a great work life balance and benefits. I have been here three years and know people who have been here for 50. Says a lot about the quality and work environment provided here.
Good learning experience
Intern (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJanuary 5, 2017
Loved working there.
My supervisor was great.
Did graveyard shift at the ER.
Was able to see 8 to 16 patients at night.
Was able to do a Pyloric ultrasound to appendix.
Good Place
Respiratory Care Practitioner (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CADecember 27, 2016
Not a bad place. The pay was good/competitve. Not to deep in L.A. if your driving from the I.E.. Management so so as all respiratory departments. Workloads ok but that was a while ago for me.
Good Working Evnironment
Phlebotomy Technician (Externship) (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CADecember 27, 2016
I completed my externship under the supervision of two phlebotomist. They helped refine my skills as a phlebotomist. There is a large latino community at the hospital so understanding Spanish is very helpful. The cafeteria food selection could be better.
Pros
Positive working environment
Patient and caring phlebotomists
Phlebotomy Intern (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CANovember 28, 2016
The phlebotomists that I worked with in the outpatient lab were very helpful. They were willing to answer any questions that I had about phlebotomy and would share great suggestions with me. They had great patient care as well.
I left California for Chicago, if it makes any sense
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CASeptember 27, 2016
Over all I love it. I work in the Emergency Room is it was a very challenging place. We can be slow and the next meeting have a full ER. It really kept all of us on our toes.
Pros
I love everything about White Memorial
Cons
I relocated to Chicago
Great place to work at
Events Coordinator, Senior Membership Program (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CASeptember 6, 2016
Great place but you must be a seven day adventist to move up the management latter at this organization. Very close community of people.
Co-workers were generally friendly, management was not.
Policy Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAOctober 30, 2015
I learned to work in a large corporate system; stay within boundaries. I have to say that the hardest part of the job was leaving all the staff I helped so much for so long. Management was looking for faster production without care for the quality I put into it.
Pros
Good benefits and $$ matching.
Cons
Poor managment and trust issues in the accreditation department.
Overall Summary
REGISTERED NURSE (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CASeptember 15, 2015
Great environment, great coworkers, large amount of experience. Fair wages, professional environment, and up to date technology.
The best thing about this place is the employees
Surgical Technologist III -Obstetrics (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CASeptember 14, 2015
The people who work here is what makes it worth the commute. Otherwise, the pay, and support from management is very bad.
Pros
friendly staff, faith based
Cons
understaffed, a lot of flexing
Good hospital to gain experience
Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CASeptember 8, 2015
Volunteered at the White Memorial Medical Center 4 times a week from 9 am-1 pm. During that time i would clean beds, ask the patients if they needed anything, perform errands, and label charts.

I would assist patients/families with anything they needed and if it was something out of my scope of practice, i would address it to a nurse or employer to that department.

I learned how to empathize with patients and witness issues from both sides of the patient and medical staff. My co-workers are all professional and fun to work with and they made me feel welcome to ask any questions that i might have.

The hardest part of my job: was being limited to help the nurses with tasks on a busy day such as vital signs, transporting the patient with a wheelchair etc.

The mot enjoyable part of the job: socializing with the nurses/employers and the patients scheduled for that day and being able to make the patients happy by giving them handmade flowers, escorting their families to see them before they go in for their procedure.
Pros
free meal vouchers
Productive and Great Work
Per Diem Food Service Worker- Tray Delivery (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CASeptember 1, 2015
Great Hospital to work for and the job ethic that one needs is extremely important. I had the position of delivering food through out units in a very timely manner and on time. Time was definitely a kep point and also knowing surrounding and how to approach patients.
Provided a Family feel to the workplace while maintaining professionalism
internship (Current Employee) –  Ultrasound TechAugust 31, 2015
I worked long shifts, and learned a lot. I participated in a variety of scans. We always began with inpatients, and continued to ER patients. We were constantly busy which allowed me to learn more then i thought was possible.
Great Place
Food Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAAugust 20, 2015
White Memorial has a great culture and great employees. It is a very comfortable place to work. My only complaint would be that our department has been seriously cracking down on a lot of policies and has fired several people recently.
Pros
Pay, benefits, environment
Cons
Quick trigger to fire people

Ask a question about working or interviewing at White Memorial Medical Center. Our community is ready to answer.

4.4