White Memorial Medical Center Employee Reviews in United States

Co-workers were generally friendly, management was not.
Policy Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAOctober 30, 2015
I learned to work in a large corporate system; stay within boundaries. I have to say that the hardest part of the job was leaving all the staff I helped so much for so long. Management was looking for faster production without care for the quality I put into it.
Pros
Good benefits and $$ matching.
Cons
Poor managment and trust issues in the accreditation department.
Great Place
Food Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAAugust 20, 2015
White Memorial has a great culture and great employees. It is a very comfortable place to work. My only complaint would be that our department has been seriously cracking down on a lot of policies and has fired several people recently.
Pros
Pay, benefits, environment
Cons
Quick trigger to fire people
A passionate and spiritual team of professionals dedicated to patient care.
Student Nurse (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJune 24, 2015
I participated at WMMC as a student nurse part of clinical rotations of nursing school. Everyday on the floor brought different and challenging experiences which added to my knowledge and experience; the nurses and management were extremely helpful and ready to offer help when needed. The hardest part about the job was fearing to make a mistake with medications. The most enjoyable part about the job is the closeness to other people; as nurses, we get to be with people in critical times of their lives, thus we have the opportunity to make a difference.
very productive and fun place to work,a lot of accion
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, Ca.April 20, 2015
ensure the safety of Patients and employees,management is very bad in this job, maybe now that im not there is new management, before was more relatives advancement, i enjoy the safety and experience in this hospital
Pros
a lot of learning
Cons
relatives come first on advancement
The best thing about this place is the employees
Surgical Technologist III -Obstetrics (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CASeptember 14, 2015
The people who work here is what makes it worth the commute. Otherwise, the pay, and support from management is very bad.
Pros
friendly staff, faith based
Cons
understaffed, a lot of flexing
Great employees
Nursing Assistant Certified (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMarch 6, 2013
A typical day at work for me was taking patients vitals signs, assisting in their ADL's also with their ROM activites. Answering and transferring calls. Assisted doctors in translattig. My co-workers are amazing. They are all so carring and are willing to help you out. Day truly make the heavy load at work seem like nothing. The hardest part of work is trying to have everrything done at a certain time. With the nurses needing your help it can sometimes be overwhelming. The most enjoyable part is seeing a patient smile and giving you a thank you for helping them out.
Pros
great employees, good benefits
Cons
wish they were more understanding about attending school to further my careerr.
Good hospital to gain experience
Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CASeptember 8, 2015
Volunteered at the White Memorial Medical Center 4 times a week from 9 am-1 pm. During that time i would clean beds, ask the patients if they needed anything, perform errands, and label charts.

I would assist patients/families with anything they needed and if it was something out of my scope of practice, i would address it to a nurse or employer to that department.

I learned how to empathize with patients and witness issues from both sides of the patient and medical staff. My co-workers are all professional and fun to work with and they made me feel welcome to ask any questions that i might have.

The hardest part of my job: was being limited to help the nurses with tasks on a busy day such as vital signs, transporting the patient with a wheelchair etc.

The mot enjoyable part of the job: socializing with the nurses/employers and the patients scheduled for that day and being able to make the patients happy by giving them handmade flowers, escorting their families to see them before they go in for their procedure.
Pros
free meal vouchers
Manager, Security & Parking Services (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMay 2, 2012
Great work environment-somewhat deficient in rewarding employees with better pay. I believe that they could be more competitive in that area. Other than that, White Memorial is one of the betterplaces that I have worked. The business management education was of great benefit in other positions that I went on to accept.
Pros
great place to work insofar as work atmosphere
Cons
low pay, i brought $750000 new money (yearly basis), by going "inhouse" with the parking contract, and was not rewarded for my efforts.
Great Hospital to work for
Customer Care Representative III (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CaliforniaJuly 1, 2015
I've had the pleasure of working with alot of pleasant, professional people. I've been here many years and become very close with many people here.
Pros
Medical Benefits
Cons
Favortism within the departments
Productive and Great Work
Per Diem Food Service Worker- Tray Delivery (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CASeptember 1, 2015
Great Hospital to work for and the job ethic that one needs is extremely important. I had the position of delivering food through out units in a very timely manner and on time. Time was definitely a kep point and also knowing surrounding and how to approach patients.
Provided a Family feel to the workplace while maintaining professionalism
internship (Current Employee) –  Ultrasound TechAugust 31, 2015
I worked long shifts, and learned a lot. I participated in a variety of scans. We always began with inpatients, and continued to ER patients. We were constantly busy which allowed me to learn more then i thought was possible.
Fulfilling work
Ultrasound Technologist- Per Diem (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CAJuly 26, 2012
Great managers. You work hard but the patients in Boyle Heights are the nicest people around. Continuing education is well supported by management.
Productive workplace
Certified Nurse Assistant (Former Employee) –  East Los Angeles, Ca.January 13, 2013
The hardest part of the job is management. The most enjoyable part of the job was seeing a patient smile to return home.
Pros
learning new cultures
Cons
very short lunch breakes
Concierge customer service
Concierge (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAApril 18, 2012
It has been great to help and guide all customers and visitors around the hospital, I have learned how to perform excellence customer service, the management was good, the co-workers were helpful to one another, the hardest part of this job was to deal with dificult situations when visitors lost their loved ones, the most enjoyable part of this job was that I had the opportunity to interact with great customers and visitors.
White Memorial gave me work experience and skills.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAApril 17, 2012
My typical day at work was a pleasure. I learned a great amount of skills. The management was a pleasure. My co-workers were like family. The hardest part of my job was ending my day. And the most enjoyable part of my day was starting my day at the hospital.
Pros
always had work functions in the cafeteria
Cons
nothing
Great place and great staff.
Career Pathway Intern (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMarch 25, 2014
My typical work day would be that I show up at front desk to be buzzed in to the main door and say hello to my supervisor and then I get to work. (pharmacy overrides, sometimes collaborates, filing employees information)

I learn how a impatient hospital pharmacy works, what pharmacist and pharmacy technicians do, and how they interact with each other.

Management was great. The director would tell the employees (including me) on what projects are due, and how he wants them done. The director would ask me what I am doing and I would tell him my assign work. The supervisor also did a good job on maintaining the pharmacy.

My co-workers were good, some were great. Since the hospital is very busy, there was not much time for chatter. They were friendly and would sometimes start a conversation.

The hardest part of the job in my opinion was showing the employees how to access a part of their employee accounts. However, they usually said they could not spend time on that. I had to tell them that these orders came from the director himself. They eventually comply with my request of showing them how to access the part of their employee accounts.
Pros
great pay, valuable experience, great references
Cons
no actual lunch breaks
Family Oriented Environment
Credentials Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAFebruary 2, 2015
Friendly employees and physicians. Happy environment to work in, family oriented hospital. Very minimal opportunity for advancement.
productive and fun workplace
Administrative Nursing Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAAugust 13, 2014
a very nice place to work at, family/community oriented, treat co-worker as a family member, management are approachable and issues/concerns are resolves in timely manner, teamwork is excellent, hardest part of the job is staffing (too many nurses vs low census or too many patients vs short staffs)
Pros
community education
I love working here
Respiratory Care Practitioner Per Diem (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJuly 1, 2015
Great team to work with. We all back each other up when we're busy. We all put patient care first. The hospital is also very clean and spacious.
experience
Concierge (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJune 26, 2015
white memorial medical center is great place to work I learn all my experience I learn how to give a great customer service to all customers how to address them and solve there concerns

4.3