White Memorial Medical Center

White Memorial Medical Center Employer Reviews

productive and fun workplace
Administrative Nursing Supervisor (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAAugust 13, 2014
Pros: community education
a very nice place to work at, family/community oriented, treat co-worker as a family member, management are approachable and issues/concerns are resolves in timely manner, teamwork is excellent, hardest part of the job is staffing (too many nurses vs low census or too many patients vs short staffs)
productive and nice hospital with Christian values
Medical Records clerk (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAAugust 6, 2014
My 1st hospital job were I learn a lot
I love this hospital and if given a chance I want to work there again.
feels like family
RN Staff Nurse (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAJuly 16, 2014
i value their mission and vision. a great hospital to work. treats you like family
Very interesting environment to work in!
Phlebotomy Technician (Current Employee), Boyle Heights, CAJuly 9, 2014
Working the night shift, we are very limited on staff compared to the day and morning shifts but needless to say the night shift is very admirable because of the calmness that floats about the hospital making it easier to walk in and out of a patients room with no interruptions.
very desant
Mental Health Technician (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAJuly 4, 2014
the experience was good.some things could make it a great place to work.such as integrity and leadership
What I learned
Pediatric Registered Nurse (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAJune 17, 2014
I learned to identify abnormal child growth and development.
great coworkers
Staff Nurse (Current Employee), Los Angeles, CAJune 9, 2014
During a 12 hour shift we provide total care to postpartum ad newborn patients. We assist with breast feeding support to all of our patients and encourage exclusive breast feeding. We are often very busy as we serve a high volume of patients. But there is a great sense of teamwork and support.
Fun
Volunteer (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAApril 10, 2014
I worked in White Memorial for the summer only as it was job offered during summer vacation for low income families. I was assigned to work in the Maternity Department. I was in charge of doing paper work for the new mom's and the mom's that were ready to go home. I the most enjoyable part for me was when I was able to give the mom's water when they – more... were thirsty and diapers, milk, and wipes for their babies. – less
Nice co-workers
Register Nurse / Telemetry (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAApril 8, 2014
Here, our co-workers help each other.
I love to work with them
Great place and great staff.
Career Pathway Intern (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAMarch 25, 2014
Pros: great pay, valuable experience, great references
Cons: no actual lunch breaks
My typical work day would be that I show up at front desk to be buzzed in to the main door and say hello to my supervisor and then I get to work. (pharmacy overrides, sometimes collaborates, filing employees information)

I learn how a impatient hospital pharmacy works, what pharmacist and pharmacy technicians do, and how they interact with each other.

Management – more... was great. The director would tell the employees (including me) on what projects are due, and how he wants them done. The director would ask me what I am doing and I would tell him my assign work. The supervisor also did a good job on maintaining the pharmacy.

My co-workers were good, some were great. Since the hospital is very busy, there was not much time for chatter. They were friendly and would sometimes start a conversation.

The hardest part of the job in my opinion was showing the employees how to access a part of their employee accounts. However, they usually said they could not spend time on that. I had to tell them that these orders came from the director himself. They eventually comply with my request of showing them how to access the part of their employee accounts. – less
Emergency Room Registration Clerk
Emergency Room Registration Clerk (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAMarch 21, 2014
• Registered patients & admitted when necessary
• Completed advance directives & determined account status
• Verified insurances & collected payments as needed
• Performed clerical functions to meet identified departmental needs
Productive workplace
Tele MS/Stroke RN (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAFebruary 16, 2014
Worked from 7pm to 7 am, handling 4 patients maximum under telemetry and mostly neuro / stroke patients. Co-workers were all helpful, and working as a team.
Good and professional environment
CT Technologist Intern (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CADecember 12, 2013
Pros: large institution with great benefits
Great environment for interns to learn. Good people to work and interact with.
Can learn many type of exams in radiology department
Fast paced , many places to advance
Executive Administrative Assistant II (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAOctober 8, 2013
Loved the people and the pay but to far to drive and heavy traffic to Los Angeles
Great medical place.
Grant Coordinator (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CASeptember 18, 2013
Pros: great place for personal growth.
Cons: not a great place for job security.
A great place to learn; not a great place for job security.
Co-workers were clanish. A lot of overtime.
Enjoyed my time there.
Radiation Therapist (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAAugust 27, 2013
White Memorial is a wonderful place to work. I just recently retired from the White.
White Memorial Medical Center is like my second home
Float Pool Staff Registered Nurse (Current Employee), Los Angeles, CAAugust 8, 2013
Pros: great patient care
Cons: n/a
This hospital is one of the best hospitals in Los Angeles County. All the staff are nice, caring, and smart. They are willing to help everyone as much as they can. I really enjoy working at this hospital because I never feel alone. Even though, I am a float pool nurse and I go to different floors on daily basis I still feel part of the team. Also, patient – more... care, safety, and satisfaction are number one important things in this hospital among all the employees. We want all our patients and families to leave the hospital with a smile on their faces. – less
Team player, Great place to work
Insurance Verifier/Financial counslor (Current Employee), Los Angeles, CAMarch 27, 2013
Pros: been employed here over 10 years
Cons: looking for a change
INSURANCE VERIFICATION
REGISTER PATIENTS
COLLECTIONS ON COPAYS/DEDUCTIBLES
WORK GREAT WITH OTHERS TEAM PLAYER
MANAGEMENT IS GREAT
Great employees
Nursing Assistant Certified (Current Employee), Los Angeles, CAMarch 6, 2013
Pros: great employees, good benefits
Cons: wish they were more understanding about attending school to further my careerr.
A typical day at work for me was taking patients vitals signs, assisting in their ADL's also with their ROM activites. Answering and transferring calls. Assisted doctors in translattig. My co-workers are amazing. They are all so carring and are willing to help you out. Day truly make the heavy load at work seem like nothing. The hardest part of work – more... is trying to have everrything done at a certain time. With the nurses needing your help it can sometimes be overwhelming. The most enjoyable part is seeing a patient smile and giving you a thank you for helping them out. – less
Striving Healthcare Organization with over 100 years of service
Health Information Management Technologist (Current Employee), Los Angeles, CAFebruary 7, 2013
Organization characterized by community service for over 100+ years