White Oak Management, Inc.

White Oak Management, Inc. Employee Reviews in United States

Bad company with bad management
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Spartanburg, SCJuly 20, 2016
I worked for this company for over a year. It started out as a good place to work so they could get you in there and keep you. They are always understaffed making it difficult for the aides to work fairly. After several months of being there they finally started showing their colors. If you are not a favorite they will be dirty to you. If you are not willing to work extra they will be dirty to you. The pay is also the lowest of any facility around the area.
Pros
CNAs were good to work with
Cons
VERY BAD ADMINISTRATION!!!
able to learn
Maintenance (Current Employee) –  New Caney, TXJuly 16, 2016
not enough employees, no additional benefits, get lowest quality tool and work equipment. The pay is not worth the stress or the amount of work load.
Pros
40 work week
Cons
no life on call 24/7
Working harder for less money
White Oak Employee (Former Employee) –  Burlington, NCJuly 10, 2016
I would not recommend working here. Nothing is good about this place. Only if your desperate for a job apply here. The most enjoyable time is when you leave to go home.
Great
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tryon, NC 28782May 19, 2016
great place to work but always short staffed so be prepared for them calling and asking you to work extra also they always try to include staff in special event with activites
Clean and Safe nursing home
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Waxhaw, NCMay 3, 2016
Working at White Oak was fun. I enjoyed the way they respect their employees and are always wanting the input on how they could better our job.
hard work for no pay
Dietary Aide (Current Employee) –  Waxhaw, NCApril 17, 2016
the dietary department works very hard on a daily basis and is the lowest paid department in the company. There is so much turn over in the department because no one cares about their job because they are having to get second jobs to make it. The pay is horrible and they will not work with you if you have a death in the family or if an emergency comes up, they will deduct points from your record that could cause you to be fired.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
they dont work with you
It was a job
Health Information manager (Current Employee) –  Burlington, NCApril 12, 2016
Lots of work.
Nothing is good enough for this company.
A typical day at work is plain crazy.
I have learn a lot about ICD-10.
My co-worker are hard workers.
Pros
nothing
Cons
everything
Laid back and fun workplace
HOUSEKEEPER (Former Employee) –  Burlington, NCApril 12, 2016
In the morning, we would clean the clubhouse, upstairs and down, do the laundry, then we would head out to the apartments. We would clean 5 on a typical day. Management was kind and always looked after you. I liked my co-workers. The hardest part was when we would have to clean 9 apartments in a 4 hour period if one of us was going to be out of town. I loved working with the residents and getting to know their life story and making them smile.
Pros
Free lunches, great work experience
Cons
No room for raises or advancement
relaxing place to work
Staffing Coordinator/HR Assistant (Current Employee) –  Columbia, SCMarch 31, 2016
Needs more room for advancement, and better competitive salaries. In my opinion it is very easy going and family friendly, a great place to work while in school the scheduler works well with availability as well as management.
Pleasant work environment
RN (Current Employee) –  Spartanburg, SCMarch 20, 2016
Friendly coworkers, approachable MD's and NP's, overtime opportunities, paid time off. Opportunity to work with a variety of cases in acute care rehab as well as long-term care residents

Want to know more about White Oak Management, Inc.?

Ask a question
Stable employment with not enough pay!
Med Tech (Former Employee) –  Spartanburg, SCFebruary 25, 2016
I worked at White Oak Estates for nearly 10 years. I really enjoyed the insurance and the PTO. I loved the residents that I cared for. Overall it was a great place to work but not nearly enough money for a fulltime job. Maybe a part time? You worked holidays with no holiday pay, ugh! You worked in any kind of weather. Your daily job duties for everyone was to help in the kitchen such as serving food, helping assist residents with daily living, shower, clean rooms, give meds, play bingo, take residents out to eat, etc. You also help prep food and assist with activities as well. I must say you get to know the residents fairly well. Sometimes your job duties also include taking residents on doctors appointment. While I was there the management staff was pretty fair for the most part. I just couldn't afford to make it off of that little pay. The hardest part of the job was accepting the pay and working holidays and every other weekend. The most enjoyable part of the job was getting to know the residents and having activity time with them, making sure they were well taken care of.
Pros
Not climate control, friendly environment, learned cpr, how to give medicine
Cons
working holidays, and every other weekend, no room for growth
It was a great place to work at.
Dietary Aid (Former Employee) –  North CarolinaFebruary 5, 2016
It was a great place to work at. The management was great. I got along with everybody and it felt like a family. There really wasn't a hard part to the job. The most enjoyable part of the job was just seen the smiles on the patient's faces everyday.
loved it
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  York, SCJanuary 15, 2016
CPR Certified, lift qualified, showering and recording ADLs in the patients charts. great co workers, loved the experience on the job
Pros
great pay
Nursing Home
LPN Charge Nurse (Former Employee) –  Rock Hill, SCJanuary 4, 2016
Typical nursing home facility. Clean facility pleasant staff. Large facility they expanded and now have a new rehab wing.
Pros
8hr sifts
Cons
working 5 days
Production at all times.
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Spartanburg, SCJanuary 3, 2016
Family oriented company. Great place to work great benefits. Great wages.Rotating shifts worked well with my family. Great place to work.
Pros
wages
Cons
production never stopped
Statt is very interactive with the residents.
LPN (Former Employee) –  Newberry, SCDecember 14, 2015
I actually loved this job. I learned a lot working at WOM. From the management to the staff is willing to help out with the residents. The facility is kept very clean and all staff is very professional.
Pros
Wonderful staff.
Cons
short breaks.
ok
lpn (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCNovember 20, 2015
I was very pleased with the training and orientation because they really allowed you to learn the typical every day routine work that occurs on your unit. I was fortunate to have been hired after doing a clinical rotation during nursing school therefore, I was already familiar.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
short breaks horrible enviorment the building was crumbling
productive
Life Enrichment Assistant: (Current Employee) –  Rock Hill, SCOctober 29, 2015
Love the lifestyle! Management is great! works well with you. nice people you come to meet that turns into life long associates.
Pros
work with your schedule
Cons
lunch breaks
CNA's really worked as a team
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Charleston, SCOctober 9, 2015
The most enjoyable part of my job was my relationship with all of the residents there. It's like having a second family. There was always extra shifts available if you needed overtime. The nurses and other CNA's made employment there feel like fun and not a job.
enjoyed my other co-workers
CNA (Former Employee) –  Spartanburg, SCOctober 8, 2015
Although the it wasnt the best looking places,I loved my CNA's I learned to deal with nurses that werent willing to help,the management wasnt the best .The hardest part of my job was working short,I enjoyed all my patients!
Pros
$2.00 lunch
Cons
working short

2.8