White Oak Management, Inc. Employee Reviews

review
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Burlington, NCJuly 25, 2017
Typical day consists of assisting residents with ADL's and helping them to improve their quality of living. I really wasn't here long but while I was I really enjoyed the residents.
Dietary aide
Dietary Aide/Cook (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJuly 11, 2017
Main job responsibilities include helping prepare the food for the residents and assist any residents that need help eating their meals. The dietary aide works along with the dietary manager to prepare meals. She also assists in clean up, kitchen maintenance and setting up and taking down the dining areas. Other job duties include delivering food to residents' rooms, preparing and serving snacks and taking inventory of food and kitchen supplies. Dietary aides must learn the protocols and procedures for their facilities, as well as the rules and regulations for the states where they work.
Pros
Great team to work with
Cons
Cut Hours
Great, ethical, accessible management team
RN Supervisor, LTC (Former Employee) –  Burlington, NC 27217July 8, 2017
Chronic under-staffing led me to have to providing direct care to ~20 of highest acuity residents in addition to my supervisory assigned job duties that included: mix/administer all IV medications, pharmacy reconciliations, administer narcotics for med techs, directly assess all falls/significant changes in condition be on call for ~30 bed independent living clients in buildings in the back of the facility.
Pros
Great upper management team
Cons
Under-staffing, Too many day time mandatory inservices when I workeded nights and traveled 1 hour each way to work.
productive and fun place
DIETARY AIDE (Former Employee) –  Burlington, NCJuly 4, 2017
I really enjoyed working with my co-workers here the manager at the time when I got hired was a wonderful person, my co-workers here at the facility was great people the pay was great.
Pros
free lunches
Review
Environmental Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Oskaloosa, IA 52577June 17, 2017
great place to work good people good tentents good food clean real nice air conditioning heat works well to 20 bed assisted living light look good in side
Good
LPN/ MDS Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Spartanburg, SCJune 15, 2017
Is a very old building with white sender block walls. The building has outgrown its self and they need a new building or some major remodeling of the facility.
You feel like a body in a building
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  North Charleston, SCJune 15, 2017
I worked for this company for 2 years, they could care less about patients care unless a family member was writing a grievance.. we kept telling people's teeth wasn't brushed, rings around pads, nothing ever was done. The office people are stuck up, nobody answers call lights but the CNAs, the CNAs do all the dirty work and they never ask how everything is going like they do for the nurses, they do not accept reasonable excuses for call outs, they don't pay holiday pay, and they go into your money and take your PTO without your permission to pay you for the day you called out smh. I really wanted to stay because I loved my co workers, but that place needs to learn how to treat people.
productive but high stress
Licensed Practical Nurse (Former Employee) –  Charleston, SCJune 3, 2017
Working relationships between deparments is lacking. Pay could be better and management has favorites which is unhealthy. Very stressful work environment
Great CCRC with a wonderful group of residents
Admissions Coordinator/Marketing Director (Former Employee) –  Spartanburg, SCMay 8, 2017
My responsibilities included maintaining an 88 bed SNF. Focus primarily was on the Short Term Rehabilitation unit. Marketing to other healthcare communities and hospitals. Attending vendor fairs and expos.
Awful place to work at
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  North Charleston, SCMay 3, 2017
This place needs better management and the facility would run better... The head people doesn't care about there staff like they should. .. The staff (CNA'S) should be getting paid really well because without us there's know facility..Some of the nurses are lazy they expect the aides to run the floor and carry the weight... I think corporate should at least come in once a month and see why this place have a high turnover...The units are always short staffed this place is awful!!!!
Pros
Getting of on time...
Cons
Not enough help...little pay.. no holiday pay
Terrible place. Management does not care about staff!!
Nurse Assistant (Former Employee) –  Spartanburg, SCMay 3, 2017
When your children get sick, they expect you to "find somebody else to watch them." When you're sick, you get guilted or told, "take some medicine & come to work." In an emergency situation where a family member is hospitalized, "You need to get your priorities straight. "
Pros
Cons
Pay, lack of compassion from management
enjoyed working there
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Spartanburg, SCApril 7, 2017
how to handle dealing with different people
they where a great group of people
everyone was treated fail

being able to help people and learning a new trade
White Oak Management, Inc.
Licensed Practical Nurse (Current Employee) –  Shelby, NCMarch 7, 2017
I have worked for this company for 15 years. It is like any job in that it has its ups and downs. Caring for the elderly is a hard job but can be rewarding. Over all, this company has been very good to me. You must be a team player and be willing to help your fellow employees.
Pros
flexibility of hours
Cons
In the smallest of their facilities, LPNs are not treated like the nurses they are. This is not the case in the other White Oaks.
Loved my residents but to stressful
CNA (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, SCFebruary 2, 2017
Loved my job but it was just too stressful at times. Expected to do everything in 8 hours when you can only do some much. I did my best. If they paid me a little more I would of stayed.
Pros
Free lunches sometimes
Cons
Maybe you get your break on time. Low Pay
Didn't know how good it really was.
LPN (Former Employee) –  York County, SCJanuary 11, 2017
Yes everywhere has it's ups and downs. But at WOM they truly try to boost morale and fit everyones needs.It really wasn't a bad place to be. I had plenty of opportunity to climb the ladder.
Responsibility
Dietary Aide (Former Employee) –  Tryon, NCDecember 31, 2016
This job takes practice and responsibility. You have to be dedicated to get work done and learn to have fun while doing it. Yeah, there may be times you disagree with people but you have to overcome them and focus on your work.
Pros
Wonderful place of work and very fun to do
Cons
Difficult people to work with
Cliques
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Burlington, NCDecember 24, 2016
A wonderful place to work, excellent care given to the residents but the only disadvantage I see is that there are too many cliques. I've seen good people be fired or leave because of this.
They will get you fired by lying on you.
Other than that a great facility.
Very family friendly but no where to advance
Med Cart Nurse (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCDecember 15, 2016
I have enjoyed my time with White Oak. The only drawback is lack of upward mobility, pay scales, and lack of competitive benefits.
Pros
Supervisors and co-workers ae great
Cons
Career path and pay scale
Office
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  North Charleston, SCDecember 5, 2016
answered phones, took messages, helped residents inside and outside of the facility, created documents and ordered office supplies.
Horrible Management Great Caregivers!
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Burlington, NCNovember 9, 2016
Caregivers over worked underpaid. Disconnect with communication. Nursing staff disrespect caregivers and not reprimanded. Employee turn over rate high
Pros
Great residents
Cons
Horrible management, Lack of respect for caregivers

Ask a question about working or interviewing at White Oak Management, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9