White Plains Hospital Employee Reviews

Team Oriented, Great place to work
Sr. Billing/Insurance Follow-up Representative (Former Employee) –  White Plains, NY 10601October 22, 2016
This was a great facility to work for. Everything from location to senior management was great. Training was always available and the employees were willing to go above and beyond for their departmental managers.
Pros
everything
Cons
nothing
Amazing !!
Food Service Worker (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 11, 2016
I love this hospital! Had to leave for an emergency but they are very honest and respectful . They give you your over time and your holiday pay. They very understanding.
Pros
Amazing
Productive Workplace
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  White Plains, NYSeptember 12, 2016
I've been there for 8 years so that should give an understanding of how it was. Very professional atmosphere and wonderful staff to work with. The type of place where you could retire from..
Very busy and upcoming hospital, lovely place to work
Radiology Technologist / Mammographer (Current Employee) –  White Plains, NYAugust 22, 2016
I love my job, everyday is a new day. I am constantly doing something new and keeping busy. I love helping people and making them feel alittle better with having to be in a hospital environment.
White Plains Hospital was an incredible learning experience
Nursing Technician (Former Employee) –  White Plains, NYJuly 30, 2016
My daily routine includes preparing rooms for new admitting patients, obtaining initial and routine vital signs, glucose levels, intake &output and being able to document mentioned information in a timely manner. I also have to be able to monitor changes in patient and report and changes to nurse. When a critical situation does occur, move in fast paced to obtain EKGs and vital signs.
great health benefits
Environmental Services/ Operation room (Current Employee) –  White Plains, NYJune 22, 2016
great working at white plains hospital, the supervisors weren't as pleasant to deal with but the work was ok not strainuos, co-workers very helpful, most enjoyable was interacting with patients.
Pros
patients, health coverage
Cons
supervisors
Good hospital but management should be more giving to their employees
Unit Secretary in Emergency Department (Former Employee) –  White Plains, NYMarch 22, 2016
Unit Clerks do minimal as opposed to other unit clerk positions. The answer and make phone calls, they file, they transfer patients and there is some order entry..
Pros
good salary
Cons
should be more personable to employees, should listen to their employees instead of dictating.
An excellent place to work with huge growth and learning potential
Nursing Unit Clerk (Current Employee) –  White Plains, NYMarch 11, 2016
Anything can happen. It's a hospital. My manager is fantastic and my coworkers are a hilarious bunch even in the most dire situations. Everyone is willing to teach, and even if they are sarcastic about it, they will not appreciate you NOT asking a question. The most difficult part is when there are literally seven and a half things happening at once, but it does makes the day go by quickly. The most enjoyable part is the flexibility of everyone working together to accommodate each other.
Pros
Ice cream socials
Cons
health insurance is awful
Laboratory Technician (Current Employee) –  White Plains, NYFebruary 11, 2016
Company is good, works well with most employees, should be more opportunities for advancement, or programs to get ahead. Better compensation would be ideal.
Pros
Facilities, benefits
Cons
Salary
Great place to work!
Program Manager (Former Employee) –  White Plains NYDecember 30, 2015
I am a former employee and absolutely loved working at White Plains Hospital. Very professional environment that is supportive and offers opportunity for professional growth. A very special place to work, everyone is treated with respect and is like family.
Pros
supportive managment
N/a
Front Desk Volunteer (Former Employee) –  White Plains, NYNovember 1, 2015
this was a volunteer position so i did not have that much that was needed of me to do. However i did love to work there.

thank you for having me there. It was a pleasure to be there
Good place to begin as a new nurse
Registered Nurse - Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (Current Employee) –  White Plains, NYOctober 12, 2015
White Plains Hospital was very supportive of me through my years in nursing school and has continued to be supportive of me as a new grad nurse. I enjoy my time here and love my co-workers.
Fun productive high volume hospital
RN (Former Employee) –  White Plains, NYOctober 11, 2015
Supportive management and co workers. High patient volume with good learning experiences and new challenges on a daily basis.
good
Nurse Practitioner (Current Employee) –  White Plains, NYOctober 2, 2015
Very good place to work

Good culture

Family like atmosphere

I work nights, but now looking for a day job.

Some nights are busy, others are manageable
Great hospital
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  White Plains, NYOctober 2, 2015
Tight knit community hospital full of positive culture.Nurses work great in team settings regardless of unit they are working in. Patient care and satisifaction is of upmost importance
Love working in this hospital
CST (Current Employee) –  White Plains, NYSeptember 28, 2015
Love this hospital, very professional and loyal, it is fun place to work, everyone work as a team player and it is always a pleasure to work even on the worse days.
amazing place to work
Medical Administrative Assistant / Supervisor (Current Employee) –  White Plains, NYAugust 30, 2015
love working here. staff is like great like a big family. I would recommend anyone to this hospital. I enjoy working here lots of amazing people
Exceptional Every Day
Clerk Two (Current Employee) –  White Plains, NYJuly 31, 2015
Comfortable work setting with supporting management.
White Plains hospital has helped me grow and develop more as a hard worker.
My team works very hard and is efficient with each other on team projects and helping others in need of assistance.
The hardest part of the job is answering every phone call, during office times it will get really busy with helping employees that we aren't able to answer every phone call.
What I love about the job is that everything is slowly becoming electronic, helping to find information more efficiently.
It has its good and bad days
Nursing Technician (Current Employee) –  white plains nyJuly 15, 2015
Some days you could be very understaffed some days you can be very overstaffed. They are a good facility theres lots of great managers there as well as supervisor but there are some that just ask for feedback on how to better the floor you work and never really go through with it. Very Diverse environment they hire every type of race. They hire new nurses in the field which I think is great a lot of there techs they will take in as nurses as long as you have been compliant with your job! Negative things are that they promise many things they can not provide to the employees, and they are always messing up when it comes to paychecks
Pros
every type of race
Cons
paychecks
Fun Place to Work.
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  White Plains, NYJune 17, 2015
Pros
Good benefits. good selection of food in breakroom. The work doesn't really require a lot of experience. People are kind of nice.
Cons
At first, everything appears pretty great. But as time goes on, you see how the consultants (clinical or worklife) are immensely micromanaged. . Email "threats" to "auto-in" are not as immense as they used to be; however, most are expected to toggle answering calls, completing cases, and offering online support. Bonuses are a rarity, as we are more or less a gloried web search and offer most info over the phone. Promotions seem only available if you are the "type (superficial, sorority or frat boy)." The management staff are all super friendly but you are often threatened to be forced to work weekend or other undesired shifts if coverage is short. Sure it's a job, but everybody is trying to find a way out.
Advice to Management
Do better

Ask a question about working or interviewing at White Plains Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3