White Plains Hospital

White Plains Hospital Employee Reviews

amazing place to work
Medical Administrative Assistant / Supervisor (Current Employee), White Plains, NYAugust 30, 2015
love working here. staff is like great like a big family. I would recommend anyone to this hospital. I enjoy working here lots of amazing people
Exceptional Every Day
Clerk Two (Current Employee), White Plains, NYJuly 31, 2015
Comfortable work setting with supporting management.
White Plains hospital has helped me grow and develop more as a hard worker.
My team works very hard and is efficient with each other on team projects and helping others in need of assistance.
The hardest part of the job is answering every phone call, during office times it will get really busy with helping employees that we aren't able to answer every phone call.
What I love about the job is that everything is slowly becoming electronic, helping to find information more efficiently.
It has its good and bad days
Nursing Technician (Current Employee), white plains nyJuly 15, 2015
Pros: every type of race
Cons: paychecks
Some days you could be very understaffed some days you can be very overstaffed. They are a good facility theres lots of great managers there as well as supervisor but there are some that just ask for feedback on how to better the floor you work and never really go through with it. Very Diverse environment they hire every type of race. They hire new nurses in the field which I think is great a lot of there techs they will take in as nurses as long as you have been compliant with your job! Negative things are that they promise many things they can not provide to the employees, and they are always messing up when it comes to paychecks
Fun Place to Work.
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee), White Plains, NYJune 17, 2015
Pros
Good benefits. good selection of food in breakroom. The work doesn't really require a lot of experience. People are kind of nice.
Cons
At first, everything appears pretty great. But as time goes on, you see how the consultants (clinical or worklife) are immensely micromanaged. . Email "threats" to "auto-in" are not as immense as they used to be; however, most are expected to toggle answering calls, completing cases, and offering online support. Bonuses are a rarity, as we are more or less a gloried web search and offer most info over the phone. Promotions seem only available if you are the "type (superficial, sorority or frat boy)." The management staff are all super friendly but you are often threatened to be forced to work weekend or other undesired shifts if coverage is short. Sure it's a job, but everybody is trying to find a way out.
Advice to Management
Do better
Productive great workplace to work at
Internship Assistant (Current Employee), White Plains, NYMay 25, 2015
Pros: Free coffee and discount on lunch
Cons: Lunch not free
My experience was great at white plains hospital. i built so many relationships with the patients. The staff was always helpful and very friendly. Any time the patients had issues management was there to take of the situation. The hardest thing I would say about the job is trying everything you can possible to please or accommodate a person and nothing works.The most enjoyable thing about the job was seeing the patients smile.
Productive and fun workplace
Food Service Worker (Current Employee), White Plains, NYMay 6, 2015
Pros: Free lunch is provided, opportunity for advancement, benefits and coverage
Cons: Short breaks, short shifts
Working at White Plains Hospital for several years has been quite enriching. I have made friends that have turned into what feels like family. Being able to work and network with staff and visitors that i come across on a everyday basis is quite refreshing. The most enjoyable part of my position is that i get to interact with patients and family which makes me feel really good to be able to help people and make a difference. Rather it is something as simple as making sure a patient gets the right meal according to her/his diet or exchanging encouraging words to a family member of the patient. I go home feeling accomplished and it drives me to do even better.
fun place to work
Nurse (Current Employee), White PlainsMarch 27, 2015
Pros: nice staff
Cons: small raises
fun place to work, staff is pretty young.
Pay is decent depending on what you do.

From what I heard the nurses are the lowest paying nurses in NY

The raises are about 40.cents a year
An organization that Keeps the Family in Mind
Switchboard Operator (Current Employee), White Plains, NYMarch 2, 2015
Pros: encourages education, advancement, and additional employees benefits
Cons: taking their time with computer system upgrade
White Plains Hospital is true to being part of the community and keeping their employees interests at heart. I have worked many places;this organization is always seeking ways not only to make the community happy; also their employees.
fun
Scrub Technician (Former Employee), White Plains, NYJanuary 27, 2015
Pros: nice people
Cons: n/a
Wonderful work experience and environment. People for the most part very hospitable. learned a lot from this hospital also had the opportunity to train students who eventually got hired on staff.
Productive and professional environment to work for.
Physician Practice Office Assistant (Current Employee), White Plains, NYJanuary 6, 2015
Pros: free lunches.
Cons: inadequately staffed.
Although I do love working with my patients and co-workers here, I need to find a job that relates to my degree.
I want to gain experience working in a teaching environment and working with children all day.
Fun place to work
Medical Assistant (Current Employee), New Rochelle, NYNovember 5, 2014
I enjoy working with the different dr's. Learning different things. Learning different specialties. Also working in a new facility.
Productive and fun place to work
Nurse Manager (Former Employee), White Plains NYOctober 26, 2014
Great place to work with friendly staff and great management. The hospital encourages upward mobility from within and supports internal transfers.
Great opportunities for Advancement
Pathology Office Secretary (Current Employee), White Plains, NYSeptember 28, 2014
Pros: always opportunities to grow
Cons: may take some time to advance.
A typical day at work entails mailing, phones and assisting Pathologist and Patients with pertinent information regarding their cases.

My Co-Workers overall are enjoyable to work with and team players.

The hardest part of the job is dealing with personalities that are overbearing. But one gets through the day because you learn to deal with conflict in a professional manner and grow.

Also the hardest part is the financial compensation. I would love to continue to work at the hospital many opportunities to grow but when you are coming from a different salary bracket and having to take a pay cut it's hard to stay.
Great place to work...Administration is horrible
Radiology (Current Employee), White Plains,NYSeptember 11, 2014
Pros: healthcare
Cons: no resources
Great place to work...Administration/Managers not nice at all. Everyone in management is related which makes it hard for employee's who are not. If they are not related than they were hired because they are "good friends". This relationship makes it extremely hard to work around and uncomfortable. If you have a issue DO NOT GO TO MANAGEMENT...they will repeat everything you said even if you think it's confidential.
Nice place to work
Ambulatory Surgery Receptionist/Chart Review Dept (Former Employee), White Plains, NYSeptember 3, 2014
Pros: great benefits
Cons: none to think of.
Nice place to work, the fellow employees really care about each other, it was like a family.
my first volunteer job
Front Desk Volunteer (Former Employee), White Plains, NYAugust 21, 2014
was great greeting customers and getting to work with others
Telemetry Monitor Technician (Former Employee), White Plains, NYJuly 19, 2014
It was a great learning experience. I grew and developed. I learned to identify and solve problems along with function as an effective team member.
A place to learn to help people
Pharmacist Technician (Former Employee), White Plains, NYApril 22, 2014
I enjoyed working at White Plains Hosp I learned a lot there and was able to help my co-workers with any problem they had I also interacted with nurses and staff
Beware
Care Manager/Discharge Planner (Former Employee), White Plains, NYMarch 29, 2014
Pros: good medical care
Cons: poor moral, can't trust higher ups. many people unhappy
A lot of changes and staff is miserable. No support, no trust. Good medical staff and hard working people. Never enough for higher ups
Productive and friendly workplace
Nurse Technician (Current Employee), White Plains, NYMarch 25, 2014
Pros: 1 hour lunch, compensation, morale
Cons: it issues
A typical day at work is very busy with the handling of patient flow and doctors. I have learned to manage my time and work efficiently while keeping a steady pace. Management is helpful when needed to troubleshoot any problems that may arise and my coworkers are just as helpful. The hardest part of my job is maintaining customer satisfaction in a high volume environment. The most enjoyable part of my job is helping the patients and maintaining customer satisfaction in a high volume environment.
Industry