White Plains Hospital Employee Reviews

Educational and friendly
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  White Plains, NYOctober 16, 2017
Being an RN on 4F telemetry was the best experience I had and learned a lot from my amazing coworkers. Great place to learn and very friendly staff!!!
Excellent work place
Volunteer (Current Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 5, 2017
Every day is a learning experience with dealing with all different types of patients and background and how they interact with others. The work culture is amazing everyone works together as a team. The most enjoyable part is being able to talk with so many people and get the best way to help improve the hospital for not only us the workers but for the people.
An amazing place to work.
Buyer for Perioperative Surgical Services (Current Employee) –  MAIN HOSPITALSeptember 25, 2017
White plains hospital has a pace that could never be determined because its a hospital like many, team work is very important and a;ways provided there which I think helps everyone get through a hectic day without feeling alone or overwhelmed.
Relaxed place to work
Unit Secretary (Former Employee) –  White Plains, NY 10601September 24, 2017
Was taught medical billing and coding how to transcribe doctors notes. I did 200 or level billing charts made sure the documentation match the codes. met very nice people.
Pros
advancement
Cons
its has wonderful people but the hours are brutal
EMERGENCY ROOM REGISTRAR (Current Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 17, 2017
well I'm currently working there but its not the people that is the problem is just the business aspect of it. like brutal hours and they will try to squeeze every penny out of you and if it their fault they will try to their very hardest to get out of it.
Pros
have no pros on it
Cons
no support from managment, unconsiderate of employees
offsite offices poor management
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  White Plains, NYSeptember 4, 2017
Hospitals off site offices are poorly managed with dictators who need a class in human compassion. There is favoritism, lack of time off for family matters without being made to feel guilty, heavy flow of patients with lack of staff coverage.
Pros
good pay
Cons
managers need to be micro managed
Good staff and management
Assistant Medical Director (Current Employee) –  White Plains, NYAugust 29, 2017
There is good staff and management in a tough medical market. Administration pays good attention to the day to day needs of the staff. Patients are tough and demanding and administration realizes this.
fun place
Cook (Current Employee) –  White Plains, NYAugust 21, 2017
I enjoy working for this company. I love working in healthcare. the hospital is a great place to work. the take the time out with each and everyone of their patients
busy emergency department
Unit Leader (Current Employee) –  White Plains, NYAugust 19, 2017
busy hospital,
magnet hospital
staff is friendly
clean hospital
has tuition assistance
close to train and other public transportation
patient friendly
Pros
varied types of patients
Cons
12hr shift
Good Place to Intern
On staff Emergency Room radiographer (Former Employee) –  White Plains, NYAugust 3, 2017
Great Place to Intern learned OR Rad Tech skills. Great people to work with. At the time, there were no open full time positions. Would work for again.
Pros
Great Place to Intern
Cons
No open positions in 2004

Want to know more about White Plains Hospital?

Ask a question
great place to work
Inpatient Float RN (Former Employee) –  Westchester, NYJuly 26, 2017
Loved the staff and management. As per diem RN I worked throughout the hospital and was well compensated with fair workload. Left only because of relocation.
Pros
good work environment
Cons
flexibility required with hours and locations
warm friendly place
Respiratory Therapy Student (Former Employee) –  White Plains, NYJuly 24, 2017
the staff at white plains hospital is very welcoming. they provide exceptional patient care. i was able too get a lot of hands on experience. They provide a very welcoming atmosphere.
The place a learned the most and was able to succed
Lead Certified Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  White Plains, NYJuly 14, 2017
White Plains Hospital was where i learned how to do cart filling, Making IV'S , Learned about the Pyxis machines and overall the running of Hospital Pharmacy! I took charge of inventory and expired meds, I loved working there , My Director of Pharmacy was the best !! he encouraged me to better myself, I was the first CPhT at White Plains Hospital and years later was promoted to Lead Technician !
Productive, good administrative support
Clinical Pharmacist (Current Employee) –  White Plains, NYJune 26, 2017
Typical day: Pharmacists questions, ADR report, daily rounds, special projects, protocol development...................................................
Pros
C suite support
Cons
Advancement opportunities
It a relax but stressful place to deal with your manager
Administrative assistant (Former Employee) –  White Plains, NYJune 24, 2017
I love my work and job but I aggravated with the people I will with daily. I give my best to work hard and get no good comment feed back from my manager. People always talking behind your back to your boss and there is no trust as a team.
Pros
N/a
Cons
Nitpicking
Great hospital, friendly and well- trained staff
Nurse Technician (Current Employee) –  White Plains, NYMay 12, 2017
A typical day at work is well organized and educational. There is always a new lesson to learn from the wide array of patients cases seen on the ICU Stepdown unit. The environment is professional and improving everyday through the exceptional effort given by every employee.
Pros
Affordable parking
Fun job
Parking Attendant (Former Employee) –  White Plains, NYApril 17, 2017
It was a pleasure working for this great bunch of people. However this job does not pay much. The hours i had were not great either. Be prepared to be on your feet all day
Pros
Great bunch of guys to work for
Cons
not many holidays and weather place a big factor parking cars
Magnet Status means business
Nursing Technician (Former Employee) –  White Plains, NYApril 2, 2017
They have no tolerance for alot of things. They have a reputation to uphold. Be aware of that. Nice staff but is micro managed. Nurses have good personalities.
Team Work
Registered Nurse, Float Pool (Current Employee) –  White Plains, NYMarch 26, 2017
Working as a float pool nice you get to see all difference kinds of things and work w/ all different kinds of people. I have to say many of the floors are great when it comes to team work and helping each other out. The supervisors are always pushing myself an d co-workers to further my educations always there to talk to and show a real caring personality.
A growing community
Tech (Current Employee) –  White Plains, NYMarch 1, 2017
Exceptional Everyday is what they stand for at the same time aware that there's always room for improvement.Staffs are friendly,reliable and competent.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at White Plains Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2