White Plains Hospital Employee Reviews

warm friendly place
Respiratory Therapy Student (Former Employee) –  White Plains, NYJuly 24, 2017
the staff at white plains hospital is very welcoming. they provide exceptional patient care. i was able too get a lot of hands on experience. They provide a very welcoming atmosphere.
The place a learned the most and was able to succed
Lead Certified Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  White Plains, NYJuly 14, 2017
White Plains Hospital was where i learned how to do cart filling, Making IV'S , Learned about the Pyxis machines and overall the running of Hospital Pharmacy! I took charge of inventory and expired meds, I loved working there , My Director of Pharmacy was the best !! he encouraged me to better myself, I was the first CPhT at White Plains Hospital and years later was promoted to Lead Technician !
Productive, good administrative support
Clinical Pharmacist (Current Employee) –  White Plains, NYJune 26, 2017
Typical day: Pharmacists questions, ADR report, daily rounds, special projects, protocol development...................................................
Pros
C suite support
Cons
Advancement opportunities
It a relax but stressful place to deal with your manager
Administrative assistant (Former Employee) –  White Plains, NYJune 24, 2017
I love my work and job but I aggravated with the people I will with daily. I give my best to work hard and get no good comment feed back from my manager. People always talking behind your back to your boss and there is no trust as a team.
Pros
N/a
Cons
Nitpicking
Great hospital, friendly and well- trained staff
Nurse Technician (Current Employee) –  White Plains, NYMay 12, 2017
A typical day at work is well organized and educational. There is always a new lesson to learn from the wide array of patients cases seen on the ICU Stepdown unit. The environment is professional and improving everyday through the exceptional effort given by every employee.
Pros
Affordable parking
Fun job
Parking Attendant (Former Employee) –  White Plains, NYApril 17, 2017
It was a pleasure working for this great bunch of people. However this job does not pay much. The hours i had were not great either. Be prepared to be on your feet all day
Pros
Great bunch of guys to work for
Cons
not many holidays and weather place a big factor parking cars
Magnet Status means business
Nursing Technician (Former Employee) –  White Plains, NYApril 2, 2017
They have no tolerance for alot of things. They have a reputation to uphold. Be aware of that. Nice staff but is micro managed. Nurses have good personalities.
Team Work
Registered Nurse, Float Pool (Current Employee) –  White Plains, NYMarch 26, 2017
Working as a float pool nice you get to see all difference kinds of things and work w/ all different kinds of people. I have to say many of the floors are great when it comes to team work and helping each other out. The supervisors are always pushing myself an d co-workers to further my educations always there to talk to and show a real caring personality.
A growing community
Tech (Current Employee) –  White Plains, NYMarch 1, 2017
Exceptional Everyday is what they stand for at the same time aware that there's always room for improvement.Staffs are friendly,reliable and competent.
not the best
Nursing Technician (Current Employee) –  White Plains, NYFebruary 20, 2017
pay rate sucks, sometimes there is heavy wrk load, not much team work, the techs do a lot, management is ok, some managers could be better, most enjoyable part of the day besides some nice patients is going home
Excellent hospital and place to work
Nurse Practitioner (Current Employee) –  White Plains, NYFebruary 20, 2017
Great hospital with CEO and Chief medical officer great to work with. The hospital is very supportive and the staff is very friendly. Over time WPH will become the jewel of Westchester.
Great place to learn
Nurse Technician (Current Employee) –  White Plains, NYFebruary 8, 2017
Nice place to work. I would recommend this hospital for personal health issues and employment. I would we retire from this hospital if possible.
Some departments are better than others
Phlebotomy Technician (Former Employee) –  White Plains, NYDecember 15, 2016
It was a work experience like any other. Great place to be a patient. Good place to learn to how the medical field works as a ladder.
Team Oriented, Great place to work
Sr. Billing/Insurance Follow-up Representative (Former Employee) –  White Plains, NY 10601October 22, 2016
This was a great facility to work for. Everything from location to senior management was great. Training was always available and the employees were willing to go above and beyond for their departmental managers.
Pros
everything
Cons
nothing
Amazing !!
Food Service Worker (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 11, 2016
I love this hospital! Had to leave for an emergency but they are very honest and respectful . They give you your over time and your holiday pay. They very understanding.
Pros
Amazing
Productive Workplace
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  White Plains, NYSeptember 12, 2016
I've been there for 8 years so that should give an understanding of how it was. Very professional atmosphere and wonderful staff to work with. The type of place where you could retire from..
Very busy and upcoming hospital, lovely place to work
Radiology Technologist / Mammographer (Current Employee) –  White Plains, NYAugust 22, 2016
I love my job, everyday is a new day. I am constantly doing something new and keeping busy. I love helping people and making them feel alittle better with having to be in a hospital environment.
White Plains Hospital was an incredible learning experience
Nursing Technician (Former Employee) –  White Plains, NYJuly 30, 2016
My daily routine includes preparing rooms for new admitting patients, obtaining initial and routine vital signs, glucose levels, intake &output and being able to document mentioned information in a timely manner. I also have to be able to monitor changes in patient and report and changes to nurse. When a critical situation does occur, move in fast paced to obtain EKGs and vital signs.
great health benefits
Environmental Services/ Operation room (Current Employee) –  White Plains, NYJune 22, 2016
great working at white plains hospital, the supervisors weren't as pleasant to deal with but the work was ok not strainuos, co-workers very helpful, most enjoyable was interacting with patients.
Pros
patients, health coverage
Cons
supervisors
Good hospital but management should be more giving to their employees
Unit Secretary in Emergency Department (Former Employee) –  White Plains, NYMarch 22, 2016
Unit Clerks do minimal as opposed to other unit clerk positions. The answer and make phone calls, they file, they transfer patients and there is some order entry..
Pros
good salary
Cons
should be more personable to employees, should listen to their employees instead of dictating.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at White Plains Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2