White Plains Hospital Employee Reviews

Good hospital but management should be more giving to their employees
Unit Secretary in Emergency Department (Former Employee) –  White Plains, NYMarch 22, 2016
Unit Clerks do minimal as opposed to other unit clerk positions. The answer and make phone calls, they file, they transfer patients and there is some order entry..
Pros
good salary
Cons
should be more personable to employees, should listen to their employees instead of dictating.
Laboratory Technician (Current Employee) –  White Plains, NYFebruary 11, 2016
Company is good, works well with most employees, should be more opportunities for advancement, or programs to get ahead. Better compensation would be ideal.
Pros
Facilities, benefits
Cons
Salary
Fun Place to Work.
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  White Plains, NYJune 17, 2015
Pros
Good benefits. good selection of food in breakroom. The work doesn't really require a lot of experience. People are kind of nice.
Cons
At first, everything appears pretty great. But as time goes on, you see how the consultants (clinical or worklife) are immensely micromanaged. . Email "threats" to "auto-in" are not as immense as they used to be; however, most are expected to toggle answering calls, completing cases, and offering online support. Bonuses are a rarity, as we are more or less a gloried web search and offer most info over the phone. Promotions seem only available if you are the "type (superficial, sorority or frat boy)." The management staff are all super friendly but you are often threatened to be forced to work weekend or other undesired shifts if coverage is short. Sure it's a job, but everybody is trying to find a way out.
Advice to Management
Do better
White Plains Hospital was an incredible learning experience
Nursing Technician (Former Employee) –  White Plains, NYJuly 30, 2016
My daily routine includes preparing rooms for new admitting patients, obtaining initial and routine vital signs, glucose levels, intake &output and being able to document mentioned information in a timely manner. I also have to be able to monitor changes in patient and report and changes to nurse. When a critical situation does occur, move in fast paced to obtain EKGs and vital signs.
Productive and fun workplace
Food Service Worker (Current Employee) –  White Plains, NYMay 6, 2015
Working at White Plains Hospital for several years has been quite enriching. I have made friends that have turned into what feels like family. Being able to work and network with staff and visitors that i come across on a everyday basis is quite refreshing. The most enjoyable part of my position is that i get to interact with patients and family which makes me feel really good to be able to help people and make a difference. Rather it is something as simple as making sure a patient gets the right meal according to her/his diet or exchanging encouraging words to a family member of the patient. I go home feeling accomplished and it drives me to do even better.
Pros
Free lunch is provided, opportunity for advancement, benefits and coverage
Cons
Short breaks, short shifts
An excellent place to work with huge growth and learning potential
Nursing Unit Clerk (Current Employee) –  White Plains, NYMarch 11, 2016
Anything can happen. It's a hospital. My manager is fantastic and my coworkers are a hilarious bunch even in the most dire situations. Everyone is willing to teach, and even if they are sarcastic about it, they will not appreciate you NOT asking a question. The most difficult part is when there are literally seven and a half things happening at once, but it does makes the day go by quickly. The most enjoyable part is the flexibility of everyone working together to accommodate each other.
Pros
Ice cream socials
Cons
health insurance is awful
Very busy and upcoming hospital, lovely place to work
Radiology Technologist / Mammographer (Current Employee) –  White Plains, NYAugust 22, 2016
I love my job, everyday is a new day. I am constantly doing something new and keeping busy. I love helping people and making them feel alittle better with having to be in a hospital environment.
great health benefits
Environmental Services/ Operation room (Current Employee) –  White Plains, NYJune 22, 2016
great working at white plains hospital, the supervisors weren't as pleasant to deal with but the work was ok not strainuos, co-workers very helpful, most enjoyable was interacting with patients.
Pros
patients, health coverage
Cons
supervisors
Productive Workplace
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  White Plains, NYSeptember 12, 2016
I've been there for 8 years so that should give an understanding of how it was. Very professional atmosphere and wonderful staff to work with. The type of place where you could retire from..
Great opportunities for Advancement
Pathology Office Secretary (Current Employee) –  White Plains, NYSeptember 28, 2014
A typical day at work entails mailing, phones and assisting Pathologist and Patients with pertinent information regarding their cases.

My Co-Workers overall are enjoyable to work with and team players.

The hardest part of the job is dealing with personalities that are overbearing. But one gets through the day because you learn to deal with conflict in a professional manner and grow.

Also the hardest part is the financial compensation. I would love to continue to work at the hospital many opportunities to grow but when you are coming from a different salary bracket and having to take a pay cut it's hard to stay.
Pros
always opportunities to grow
Cons
may take some time to advance.

Want to know more about White Plains Hospital?

Ask a question
An organization that Keeps the Family in Mind
Switchboard Operator (Current Employee) –  White Plains, NYMarch 2, 2015
White Plains Hospital is true to being part of the community and keeping their employees interests at heart. I have worked many places;this organization is always seeking ways not only to make the community happy; also their employees.
Pros
encourages education, advancement, and additional employees benefits
Cons
taking their time with computer system upgrade
Warm
Pub Relations & Mktg Intern (Current Employee) –  White Plains, NYSeptember 13, 2012
Once you walk in the door everyone greeting you good morning with a smile on their face. It is the most welcoming hospital that I have ever been too. Everyone their takes pride in what they do within the organization. I simply had an amazing experience interning their for the past two years. It was an enjoyable experience and I was sad to leave on my last day. I have learned so much about marketing and community relations and I would like to go into the community relations field because I enjoyed it so much as an intern.
Pros
volunteers get a free founation soft drink when on duty, employees receive a discount on lunches, healthy friendly work enovironment, employee benefits
Cons
operate dispatch directs callers to the incorrect offices or departments
Productive and friendly workplace
Nurse Technician (Current Employee) –  White Plains, NYMarch 25, 2014
A typical day at work is very busy with the handling of patient flow and doctors. I have learned to manage my time and work efficiently while keeping a steady pace. Management is helpful when needed to troubleshoot any problems that may arise and my coworkers are just as helpful. The hardest part of my job is maintaining customer satisfaction in a high volume environment. The most enjoyable part of my job is helping the patients and maintaining customer satisfaction in a high volume environment.
Pros
1 hour lunch, compensation, morale
Cons
it issues
fun place to work
Nurse (Current Employee) –  White PlainsMarch 27, 2015
fun place to work, staff is pretty young.
Pay is decent depending on what you do.

From what I heard the nurses are the lowest paying nurses in NY

The raises are about 40.cents a year
Pros
nice staff
Cons
small raises
Great place to work!
Program Manager (Former Employee) –  White Plains NYDecember 30, 2015
I am a former employee and absolutely loved working at White Plains Hospital. Very professional environment that is supportive and offers opportunity for professional growth. A very special place to work, everyone is treated with respect and is like family.
Pros
supportive managment
Exceptional Every Day
Clerk Two (Current Employee) –  White Plains, NYJuly 31, 2015
Comfortable work setting with supporting management.
White Plains hospital has helped me grow and develop more as a hard worker.
My team works very hard and is efficient with each other on team projects and helping others in need of assistance.
The hardest part of the job is answering every phone call, during office times it will get really busy with helping employees that we aren't able to answer every phone call.
What I love about the job is that everything is slowly becoming electronic, helping to find information more efficiently.
Nice place to work
Ambulatory Surgery Receptionist/Chart Review Dept (Former Employee) –  White Plains, NYSeptember 3, 2014
Nice place to work, the fellow employees really care about each other, it was like a family.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
none to think of.
It has its good and bad days
Nursing Technician (Current Employee) –  white plains nyJuly 15, 2015
Some days you could be very understaffed some days you can be very overstaffed. They are a good facility theres lots of great managers there as well as supervisor but there are some that just ask for feedback on how to better the floor you work and never really go through with it. Very Diverse environment they hire every type of race. They hire new nurses in the field which I think is great a lot of there techs they will take in as nurses as long as you have been compliant with your job! Negative things are that they promise many things they can not provide to the employees, and they are always messing up when it comes to paychecks
Pros
every type of race
Cons
paychecks
Fun productive high volume hospital
RN (Former Employee) –  White Plains, NYOctober 11, 2015
Supportive management and co workers. High patient volume with good learning experiences and new challenges on a daily basis.
good
Nurse Practitioner (Current Employee) –  White Plains, NYOctober 2, 2015
Very good place to work

Good culture

Family like atmosphere

I work nights, but now looking for a day job.

Some nights are busy, others are manageable

Ask a question about working or interviewing at White Plains Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3