White Plains Hospital Employee Review

View all White Plains Hospital reviews

Employee (Current Employee) –  White Plains, NYAugust 20, 2013
Management generally doesn't care about their employees. They don't allow their employees to sit in the nurse's stations of the hospital, stating that the nurse's stations are only to be used by the doctors. The staff is told to document in the patient's rooms at their bedside. One of the units at WPH is stationed in an old bathroom that was "transitioned" into a "nurse's station", which is hardly a nurses station at all. It is an old bathroom with computers shoved in there and the staff members are crammed up in this tiny space. A few weeks ago, an employee was chased out of this so-called "nurse's station" by a mouse. The mouse ran across the hallway of the unit and was caught by a family member of a patient by the use of a garbage can.
Cons

Other White Plains Hospital Employee Reviews

Good pay, but is it worth it?
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  White Plains, NYJanuary 14, 2018
WPH is an ok place to work. A typical day is fast paced and, although job security is always there, the nurse/patient ratios (in my opinion) are not a priority of the management or administration. I have learned that the culture of nursing has begun to shift from saving lives to saving money, and saving reviews on discharge phone calls. The hardest part of the job is to balance your nursing morals with the morals of this new and upcoming attitude, but at the end of the day, its the health and the lives of your patients that matters. Our patients love WPH because we are one of the BEST hospitals in Westchester County, and I would drive from miles away for treatment myself (even if I am biased). The most enjoyable part of my job is the relationships you make with your coworkers and knowing that no matter what you are going through, everyone else is right there with you. Its a culture of teamwork no matter the working circumstance.
Pros
Competitive salary, smaller hospital, yearly raises
Cons
Short staffing, Unsafe nurse/patient ratios, limited sick time
Exceptional team work environment
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  White Plains, NYJanuary 10, 2018
White Plains Hospital truly lives up to its motto "exceptional every day." Starting my career as a Nursing Technician, then later transitioning into a Registered Nurse position, I have had to opportunity to learn from very amazing, caring and wonderful colleagues. Working on my a stepdown critical care unit, I can say that the team work has truly been exceptional.

Transitioning into the RN role, the hardest part of the job for me became time management. With time, and such a great team work environment though, I have really become comfortable with managing time better. The most enjoyable part of the job for me is knowing that each day I leave work, I have made a major difference even if its in the smallest of ways.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at White Plains Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2