White Plains Hospital

White Plains Hospital United States Employee Reviews

fun place to work
Nurse (Current Employee), White PlainsMarch 27, 2015
Pros: nice staff
Cons: small raises
fun place to work, staff is pretty young.
Pay is decent depending on what you do.

From what I heard the nurses are the lowest paying nurses in NY

The raises are about 40.cents a year
An organization that Keeps the Family in Mind
Switchboard Operator (Current Employee), White Plains, NYMarch 2, 2015
Pros: encourages education, advancement, and additional employees benefits
Cons: taking their time with computer system upgrade
White Plains Hospital is true to being part of the community and keeping their employees interests at heart. I have worked many places;this organization is always seeking ways not only to make the community happy; also their employees.
fun
Scrub Technician (Former Employee), White Plains, NYJanuary 27, 2015
Pros: nice people
Cons: n/a
Wonderful work experience and environment. People for the most part very hospitable. learned a lot from this hospital also had the opportunity to train students who eventually got hired on staff.
Productive and professional environment to work for.
Physician Practice Office Assistant (Current Employee), White Plains, NYJanuary 6, 2015
Pros: free lunches.
Cons: inadequately staffed.
Although I do love working with my patients and co-workers here, I need to find a job that relates to my degree.
I want to gain experience working in a teaching environment and working with children all day.
Fun place to work
Medical Assistant (Current Employee), New Rochelle, NYNovember 5, 2014
I enjoy working with the different dr's. Learning different things. Learning different specialties. Also working in a new facility.
Productive and fun place to work
Nurse Manager (Former Employee), White Plains NYOctober 26, 2014
Great place to work with friendly staff and great management. The hospital encourages upward mobility from within and supports internal transfers.
Great opportunities for Advancement
Pathology Office Secretary (Current Employee), White Plains, NYSeptember 28, 2014
Pros: always opportunities to grow
Cons: may take some time to advance.
A typical day at work entails mailing, phones and assisting Pathologist and Patients with pertinent information regarding their cases.

My Co-Workers overall are enjoyable to work with and team players.

The hardest part of the job is dealing with personalities that are overbearing. But one gets through the day because you learn to deal with conflict in a professional manner and grow.

Also the hardest part is the financial compensation. I would love to continue to work at the hospital many opportunities to grow but when you are coming from a different salary bracket and having to take a pay cut it's hard to stay.
Great place to work...Administration is horrible
Radiology (Current Employee), White Plains,NYSeptember 11, 2014
Pros: healthcare
Cons: no resources
Great place to work...Administration/Managers not nice at all. Everyone in management is related which makes it hard for employee's who are not. If they are not related than they were hired because they are "good friends". This relationship makes it extremely hard to work around and uncomfortable. If you have a issue DO NOT GO TO MANAGEMENT...they will repeat everything you said even if you think it's confidential.
Nice place to work
Ambulatory Surgery Receptionist/Chart Review Dept (Former Employee), White Plains, NYSeptember 3, 2014
Pros: great benefits
Cons: none to think of.
Nice place to work, the fellow employees really care about each other, it was like a family.
my first volunteer job
Front Desk Volunteer (Former Employee), White Plains, NYAugust 21, 2014
was great greeting customers and getting to work with others
Telemetry Monitor Technician (Former Employee), White Plains, NYJuly 19, 2014
It was a great learning experience. I grew and developed. I learned to identify and solve problems along with function as an effective team member.
A place to learn to help people
Pharmacist Technician (Former Employee), White Plains, NYApril 22, 2014
I enjoyed working at White Plains Hosp I learned a lot there and was able to help my co-workers with any problem they had I also interacted with nurses and staff
Beware
Care Manager/Discharge Planner (Former Employee), White Plains, NYMarch 29, 2014
Pros: good medical care
Cons: poor moral, can't trust higher ups. many people unhappy
A lot of changes and staff is miserable. No support, no trust. Good medical staff and hard working people. Never enough for higher ups
Fun!
Registered Nurse, ICU (Former Employee), White Plains, NYJanuary 9, 2014
Pros: great co-workers
Cons: no advancement opportunities
White Plains is a great facility and I am proud to have been a part of the organization
Great colleagues, poor management
Patient advocate and care manager (Former Employee), White Plains , NYDecember 28, 2013
At White Plains Hospital, I worked under supervision of a very seasoned social worker, however she decided to resign when management changed hands and staff could not perform their responsibilies to the best of their ability. I left around the same time with many of my other colleagues.
Productive, educational.
Pharmacy Assistant (Former Employee), White Plains, NYNovember 4, 2013
First hospital to open its doors to me to teach and train me in the way a hospital pharmacy in ran. Their student program allowed me to work as a technician with current pharmacy major student.
good people work there
Nurse Technician (Former Employee), White Plains, NYSeptember 5, 2013
no union so they can let you go at anytime for no reason at all, i wouldn't prefer this company if you want a stable job
fun & productive work place
X-Ray Technologist (Former Employee), White Plains, NYAugust 20, 2013
I love the different modalities. enjoy the work place. management is fair
Employee (Current Employee), White Plains, NYAugust 20, 2013
Cons: management
Management generally doesn't care about their employees. They don't allow their employees to sit in the nurse's stations of the hospital, stating that the nurse's stations are only to be used by the doctors. The staff is told to document in the patient's rooms at their bedside. One of the units at WPH is stationed in an old bathroom that was "transitioned" into a "nurse's station", which is hardly a nurses station at all. It is an old bathroom with computers shoved in there and the staff members are crammed up in this tiny space. A few weeks ago, an employee was chased out of this so-called "nurse's station" by a mouse. The mouse ran across the hallway of the unit and was caught by a family member of a patient by the use of a garbage can.
Excellent place to work once your in.
Office Manager (Former Employee), Hartsdale, NYAugust 15, 2013
Overall once you get in make sure your position is permanent because if your position isn't they will not help you find another within the facility!!!

About White Plains Hospital

White Plains Hospital is a voluntary, not-for-profit health care organization with the primary mission of offering high quality, – Read more

White Plains Hospital Salaries