Whitfield County Schools Employee Reviews

Sort: Helpful | Rating | Date
Very informative. I learned a lot during my internship.
Technical Support (Former Employee) –  Dalton, GAAugust 3, 2017
The employees were very nice and helpful. I was assigned to one employee who taught me everything about his job. The best part about the job was being able to go around to different schools and meet different teachers and staff. Seeing how they loved when I would help fix their problem was a great reward for the hard work that was put in. One thing I learned that I thought was very interesting was how to install a Windows program on a Mac computer.
Whitfield county Scools
Food Service Worker (Former Employee) –  GeorgiaJune 25, 2017
I think Whitfield county School is a great place to work for. It is very hard work but at the end of the day I always felt great knowing I went in and done my best. I am so thankful for all that I have learned in the pass 12 years that I was working there. Very good place to work if you love kids and love working with all kinds of people.
WCS does everything in their power to put student learning first.
Teacher (Former Employee) –  Dalton, GAMarch 22, 2017
Being a public school teacher is hard. There are so many hats to wear just in meeting the needs of your students. And there's the endless computer/paperwork that goes with working for any large organization such as state government. WCS cares about its students and employees and does everything possible to facilitate student learning at it's best. I retired less than a year ago and already miss the camaraderie and professionalism of my coworkers. But mostly I miss the smiling faces of children feeling good about learning.
Pros
camaraderie and professionalism of faculty and staff
Cons
gap between classroom and state level bureaucracy (not really a con, just the nature of any large organization)
Slow, boring work at times.
Substitute Teacher (Former Employee) –  Dalton, GADecember 13, 2016
I like the job because I wish to become a teacher myself. However, because of the limited number of shifts available a week and the number of people who keep an eye on shifts, shifts come by rarely. Being able to put money aside in this job is difficult, but it is rewarding when I have students' collective attention on subjects I have a passion to teach.
Pros
Long breaks on occasion
Cons
Precarious work schedule
Loved working with my kids
Substitute Teacher (Former Employee) –  Dalton, GA 30720December 10, 2016
I loved working with the all the children and teachers from preschool to high school. Cannot make a living at the salary you make with the county though.
Pros
Convenience of making your own hours and choosing what schools to go to
Cons
If there is a problem they do not let you know to give your side of the story.
Friendly atmosphere and student focused.
Consultant for Exceptional Student Services (Former Employee) –  Dalton, GANovember 1, 2016
Excellent place to work with great benefits and staff development opportunities. Staff was encouraged to be creative and to participate in the educational process for students.
Great students, but terrible administrative policies
Educator / Behavior Specialist (Former Employee) –  Dalton, GAAugust 27, 2016
Whitfield County Schools is a great place to get your foot in the door as a beginning teacher. The staff and students are wonderful! On the other hand, there is very little room for advancement if one is looking for a life long career.
Pros
students
Cons
administration
Excellent Job for College
After School Teacher (Current Employee) –  Dalton, GAApril 21, 2016
Whitfield County School System was excellent work experience. On a typical day, we would provide snack for the children, play games, help with homework, and do arts and craft projects. My co-workers are the best, they truly care for the children. Our supervisor is wonderful, she allows time off for doctor appointment and any type of activity if it is needed. The most enjoyale part of the job is forming friendships with the children, and getting to watch them grow from kindergarten to 5th grade.
fast pace fun enviroment
Educator (Former Employee) –  Dalton, GAAugust 17, 2015
A typical work day consisted on makimg children feel comfortable in this enviroment. I was responsible for thier nutrtion and learning styles. I learned how to observe each child indivisually with thier cognitive develpoment and motor skills. I learned how to teach children to communicate with each other through peer learning. I taught small groups to childern of differnt learning skills. The staff communicated well with each other and the managment was great. I held parent conferences weekly to explain thier chidrens needs.
Pros
watching children use what they learn
Cons
no healthcare benefits no 401k missing the kids
Public schools are limited
Webmaster/Paraprofessional/Photographer (Current Employee) –  Dalton, Ga.August 8, 2015
I enjoyed helping children with supposed learning disabilities realize they could learn anything if they put their mind to it.
Pros
Helping children learn.
Cons
The people who work there love drama.
Great place, wonderful people
School Bus Driver (Former Employee) –  Dalton, GAMay 25, 2015
I was a school bus driver. It was a great way to provide insurance for my family. I enjoyed working with the staff and faculty.
Fun Place to Work
Substitute Teacher (Current Employee) –  Dalton, GaFebruary 21, 2015
I love working with kids and helping others! A typical day at works involves teaching kids the curriculum left by the teracher.
Terrible Place to work
Teacher (Former Employee) –  Dalton, GAJanuary 12, 2015
The leadership of the county is awful. The system is ran by the school board behind closed doors.
Pros
Kids
Cons
Leadership
Not a good company
Substitute Teacher (Former Employee) –  Dalton, GAMay 1, 2014
They are unfair and have their favorites and if you are not one of the favorites they make your job really hard. I worked in Financial service and it was awful.
loved working with kids
Insured clean dining area for students and staff (Former Employee) –  Dalton, GAAugust 28, 2013
fun place helping plan meals with students and staff plus you have summers off
Great place to work.
School Bus Driver (Former Employee) –  Dalton, GAApril 13, 2013
Here I learned alot about the justice system. I learned how evidence and the court system works.
Pros
great boss, meet new people, worked with the public.
Cons
long hours for a single mom, being spat on from someone in custody.
Very Fulfilling
classroom teacher (Former Employee) –  Dalton, GAJanuary 3, 2012
Whitfiled County School is a leader in Georgia education. I taught for the county for 7 years and was afforded a lot of extra training and workshops.
Pros
working with children
Cons
working with children