Whitlock

Whitlock Employer Reviews

Fast-paced work environment in high-tech field
National Customer Support Specialist (Current Employee), AUSTIN, TXAugust 7, 2014
Pros: room for advancement within company, growth opportunities
Cons: salaried positions, long work hours
Whitlock is one of the best in the AV/IT industry and is constantly working to grow as a company. Whitlock maintains a high-performer expectation for all its employees. There are many amazing people to work with.
Less than ideal selection
Lead Technician-CTS Certified (Former Employee), Richmond, VAJune 2, 2014
Technical Operations personnel are viewed as a commodity.
Growing company
Senior Project/Program Manager Trainer (Former Employee), Irving, TXMarch 10, 2014
Pros: fast paced
Cons: no business model
Growing AV company.needs to work on process for pre and post sales support,
Family atmosphere, a good place to work
Design Engineer (Former Employee), Durham, NCFebruary 26, 2014
Pros: vendor support was great.
Cons: products don't always perform as expected or designed when integrated.
I worked in a remote office and would normally meet monthly at the home office with the engineering team. We would normally have a lunch meeting with a vendor making a presentation on new products. We would also share information about ongoing projects and discuss problems with implementation of products. We had a good team of engineers that supported – more... each other.
Management was supportive and helped to insure we received information and support from our vendors.
The hardest part of the job was the short time frames for some system designs. The information supplied for the design was weak at times. However the most enjoyable times were when the project was completed and the client need was met and the client was satisfied with the design. – less
Fantastic place to work
Field Service Technician (Former Employee), Durham, NCDecember 29, 2013
Pros: great people to work with, realistic expectations
I loved working here. The only reason why I left was to accept a job with minimal travel that advanced me in my career path.

My co-workers were wonderful to me and always willing to help when I needed it for one reason or another. They were very easy to get along with.

Management was great and the review process was very honest, which I am very grateful – more... for. They were very helpful and always understanding.

I very much enjoyed getting to go to different locations and perform my passion - A/V repair / troubleshooting - every day. – less
Lab tech
Lab Technician (Former Employee), Fort Gibson, OKDecember 27, 2013
Normal days are spent out of the floor counting product, testing product and making sure paperwork matches counts.
MAINTAINCE
MAINTANCE (Former Employee), Fort Gibson, OKNovember 4, 2013
MAKING SURE MACHINES WERE RUNNING UP TO PAR. ORDERING PARTS.
Excellent and friendly people to work with.
Supervisor (Former Employee), Springfield, MOMay 5, 2013
Whitlock places a strong emphasis on providing excellent service to its clients while encouraging its people to maintain a good life-work balance. Friendly co-workers add to an enjoyable work environment even during busy tax season.
Packer (Former Employee), Fort Gibson, OKJune 28, 2012
Pros: nice lunch room
Cons: to hot in the work place
A typical day at work
I would go to my station and pack drinks and put labels on them.

What i learned
I have learned there is to scanned UPS labels.

Management there was laid back.

My co-workers
Co-workers they were polite and talkative

The hardest part on the job
My part in the job was to pick up crates of drinks they were very heavy – more... and bubble rap them to fit in the box.

The most enjoyable part of the job
There was not really in joyable part about this job but I did get some Experience in shipping. – less
australia her i come
Site Labour (Former Employee), sydney australiaOctober 2, 2013
Pros: great place to go
Cons: i missed home
sydney australia was a place i always wanted to see i enjoyed it worked very hard as a site labour it was almost like been in ireland so many irish people i seen some weird animals