Whitlock Employee Reviews

Fast pace fun place to work
Machine Operator/Line lead (Former Employee) –  Lakeland, FLJune 10, 2017
My favorite job was Whitlock I enjoyed the heat the work I did I learned all the machines there and they are all pretty easy to learn. The people are good people to work with
Pros
People friendly
Cons
Drama
Great company but runs to lean
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXMay 10, 2017
Whitlock is a great company with great management and a great culture. The AE's are some of the best I've worked with and there truly is a family environment here. The technology is awesome to work with and you get to work on some really cool projects with really cool customers. BUT, the benefits are expensive and cover little, they try to do to much with to few people, and there is a lack of defined processes which makes getting things done challening.
Looking for work
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Flower Mound, TXMay 9, 2017
This is a good company to work for. Have to be accepted by the right crowd to get anything accomplished.
Job turnaround is high.
Insurance benefits aren't very good.
Lot of people work "remotely" and it's unclear what the responsibilities are. I've been waiting for something to do since March 6th when my sales rep left.
Pros
Work remotely
Cons
No steady work
Unorganized and Management Blames The Technicians
Lead Technician (Former Employee) –  Tamarac, FLApril 20, 2017
I worked for this company for a short amount of time. The Management did not care about the employees under them. You were sent to jobs with limited knowledge of the actual work to be performed. They want you to install equipment with no schematics and sometimes we didn't even have all the equipment to do the job. They jobs would require programming and they would not even have it ready until the last day of the job. How do you test and commission the system on the last day?

They boast of being Employee Oriented, but I did not see it. I worked 55+ hours a week and the techs were not given any thanks for difficult jobs. The Project Managers were the ones given praise.

You work with the project managers and they were unsure of what was going on at job sites. You would request specific items to complete the job and they would say ok and then not order or provide the items needed. They would blame the techs and say they were not given the information.

I worked for another AV Company and you were highly prepared for the jobs you went to. I knew when I walked into a job what was needed.

My recommendation would be to stay away from this company. I am CTS Certified, have a Bachelors in Network Engineering with 20 years experience, and am a Veteran and I have never been treated with so much distaste.
Pros
Techs were good people
Cons
Poor Organization, Poor Management, Not Employee Oriented like they Boast
Its a job , that's about all.
Warehouse Coordinator / Service Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Alpharetta, GAApril 10, 2017
Company is good , but management in the Southeast region is very poor. Managers aren't loyal. If you like open and stress free jobs this is not for you, office doors stay closed and people always whispering. Hardest part of my job was trying to get a manager to back me in enforcing corporate mandated warehouse rules.
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Lakeland, FLDecember 6, 2016
Whitlock is a great company to work for but the managers does not have a good relationship with the employees they have a very high turnover for employment
Good company
Installation Technician (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 5, 2016
I learned so much here as this was my first av company to work for.
management is good but they like to hire a lot of people then once that big job is done they like to lay off
benefits
Cons
lay offs a lot
We Have had a great crew on this Large project.
Lead Technician (Current Employee) –  North CarolinaNovember 30, 2016
we have had 250 VTC rooms so far, Large project for a leading home improvement company. Weekly travel. and teaching new employees
the standards of this project.
Great place to work and learn
Lead Technician (Current Employee) –  Flower Mound, TXNovember 22, 2016
Whitlock is a good place to work and has provided me with the ability to learn and grow. However, Whitlock has gone through some pretty major change that I don't necessarily agree with.
Pros
Ability to grow and learn.
Cons
Lower management, scheduling, field support, pay rate.
Supportive
AV Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Durham, NCAugust 28, 2016
Thus far everyone has been really supportive in getting me the materials and training I need to get started. They are a small close knit group of people, which makes it alot easier to focus on the clients and employees needs.
Pros
different work sites
Cons
n/a
well organized
Technician II (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJuly 25, 2016
i worked for Whitlock as a temp from tradestar. it was my first low voltage tech job and they treated me with the utmost respect and gave me new responsibilities every day i loved it.
Pros
Great enviroment and always new things to learn.
Cons
strenuous to the body on occasion.
You can't you your lunch break
Accountant (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAJune 28, 2016
The Accounting department act like they are busy when they are not. The don't know how file the accounting checks,if they were audited they will be in trouble.

Now you get a lunch break for an hour, if you choose to take 30 mins in the morning and the rest later in the day....you will find yourself fired. Trust me. ..it happened to me. ....

Worst company ever.....pass on this company.
Cons
Don't pay well. ..low paying job
High Paced Professional Environment
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 27, 2016
Whitlock is a great company to work for. A great family environment, but the balance of work life and family life is difficult to maintain, and often you are overloaded with work. It has been said many times to "do more with less" and the ship is "lean and mean".

The offered training, and since they have the reputation that they have for quality work, I had the chance to work with cool new products and great companies; from simple equipment to extremely complex, like the Barco Transform-N video streaming equipment.

Management seemed to support you, but they are puppets of the corporate accountant bean counters, and sometime they didn't have a full understanding of the projects you worked on and what you needed to do to support them.

The workload is/was back breaking, but it made you adapt to high pressure situations and think outside of the box.

The best thing about Whitlock is the people I worked with, and great support staff. Management did what they could to keep moral high; Christmas party, bowling party, craw-fish boil, and bi monthly birthday luncheons.
Pros
People you work with
Cons
Workload
Do everyones work
Line Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Fort Gibson, OKApril 21, 2016
I started off just running a filler and then became a line lead. The job didn't bother me so much, it was the fact that if you didn't reach your goal that the set for you then the ones who actually worked and made theirs had to come and help the lazy ones get the line up and running the way it should. You dint get days off for months sometimes.
prodecutive workplace
General Production Laborer (Former Employee) –  Fort Gibson, OKMarch 16, 2016
i really enjoyed working for this company. Made several life long friends here. This is a very enjoyable company to work for.
Very fun place to work
Project Entry Specialist (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJanuary 13, 2016
I really enjoyed working with this company as I learned a lot of new and neat A/V tricks. Very good company to work for with good training and good management in place.
Pros
good deals on old equipment
Cons
healthcare
Productive and a fun place to work
Electronic installer and Labor (Former Employee) –  Scottdale, PAJanuary 11, 2016
I enjoyed working for this company and working with my co-workers. I learned a lot working for this company. It was a learning experience.
Good company
Global Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Alpharetta, GAJune 3, 2015
as an GAE I collaborated with many subject matter experts within Whitlock. All of the SME personnel were very knowledgeable and worked well on projects. The Atlanta office was the newest and most underserved offices, so many of the corporate policies weren't adhered to. Local management was very hands off.
Pros
great executive leadership
Cons
local management in ability to hire, engage and support
Fun
Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 12, 2014
Busy work environment, which can be good, exciting and challenging.
Pros
Great Work Environment
Cons
Pay not to industry standards
Productive work place
boxer on a line in the warehouse (Former Employee) –  Lakeland, FLAugust 11, 2014
Staying on the line, making sure orders get filled and we dont get behind.
Pros
fast paced
Cons
hours cut

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Whitlock. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval