Whitman College Employee Reviews in United States

Work study student
Laboratory Assistant (Former Employee) –  Walla Walla, WAMarch 23, 2015
For on-campus employment as a student, Whitman has a great variety of opportunities. Not all are created equal. As a lifeguard for Whitman College, I received adequate training and enjoyed my work. A lifeguard, CPR and first aid certifications were required.

In the chemistry department as a lab assistant, I learned new skills and had a great manager. This job requires some previous education.

I hated my job as a production associate for the yearbook and newpaper, The Pioneer. I was asked to work odd hours, often 10pm-3am, was not consistently paid for my work. I felt that I was often disrespected by the editor and other employees.
Pros
job experience
Cons
no benefits, minimum wage
A busy and complex work environment
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Walla Walla, WAApril 3, 2014
A typical day at work is a traditional Monday-Friday 8-5 pm of administrative challenges. I provide customer relations, departmental budget tracking and account payable management, prepare and send business documents, scheduling & travel arrangements, VIP transportation as well as other duties as needed.
Enjoyable work space and friendly faces
Baker Ferguson Fitness Center Worker (Former Employee) –  Walla Walla, WAJuly 17, 2013
Working at the Baker Ferguson Fitness Center has been both an enjoyable and teaching experience. One of the most important things that I have learned while working here is that every employees' effort counts towards achieving and maintaining the overall goal that has been set out.
Pros
interaction with customers
Fast paced part-time job that enhanced organizational skills
Stage Manager (Former Employee) –  Walla Walla, WAOctober 9, 2012
Working backstage taught me to maintain composure in an often chaotic environment. The job required constant focus and rigorous attention to detail. Although the atmosphere was generally loose and fun, it fell on my shoulders to monitor egos and make snap decisions when things inevitably went wrong.
I loved my advisor and research group!
Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Walla Walla, WAMarch 20, 2012
Working for a professor at Whitman has been a wonderful way to learn more about the scientific process and my advisor has been a fantastic resource for a variety of things from thesis writing to job applications.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Whitman College. Our community is ready to answer.