Whitney Bank Employee Reviews

Not a great place to work
HMDA Compliance Specialist (Current Employee) –  New Orleans, LAAugust 17, 2017
Horrible place to work. Very stressful . Not a good place to work. Management is horrible and no body investigate to see what is going on moral is very low .
Productive, love helping customers,
Multi-Service Banker (Former Employee) –  Hammond, LAAugust 6, 2017
I loved working for Whitney Bank they are know to be a great bank. I worked for them before when I lived in Metaire for over three years in the credit card department.I enjoy helping customers, assist in their needs, letting them leave satisfied and happy.
Pros
Fun bank to work for, great benifits
Cons
I had no cons
Old School Banking
Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Metairie, LAAugust 3, 2017
I can only speak to pre merger with Hancock Bank. This was a very conservative banking environment. The technical training received was adequate. The sales training needed improvement.
Ok company
Teller Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Biloxi, MSJuly 24, 2017
Teller Supervisor
• Similar duties as Teller Supervisor position with Ouachita Independent Bank.
Utility Teller
• Managed customer transactions including deposits, CDs, IRAs, checking, savings, and Business accounts; cashed and ordered checks, redeemed and sold savings bonds; submitted credit card, overdraft protection and other loan applications.
• Oversaw the order and sale of foreign currency while using implementing bank security protocol to safeguard assets and sensitive information.
Great Place to Work
Executive Secretary to VP & President (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLJuly 21, 2017
Great place to work. Bosses and co-workers truly cared about you, whether professional or personal. Continuous learning and advocate of promoting from within the company.
WB Review
Teller III (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, LAJuly 20, 2017
A typical day at work consists of being ready for your job to begin the minute you walk through the door. Mostly busy from the time you enter until the time you leave depending on which branch you work at, which makes the day pass quickly. Learned to handle large amounts of cash on a daily basis and how to work with the public effectively. Management had its issues, but were eventually worked out. The hardest part of the job is making sure that you can control yourself under large amounts of pressure from making sure you have full count of the money you are responsible for recounting at the end of the night and being able to handle irate customers from time to time. The most enjoyable part of the job was knowing that as long as you did your job, accounted for your money, and behaved in a mature manner that you still had a job to come to the next day. The atmosphere was also not a bad experience.
Whitney National Bank merged with Hancock Bank
Corporate Treasury Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAJuly 18, 2017
I worked at Whitney Bank for 25 years. Worked my way up from Administrative Assistant to AVP, Corporate Treasury Operations Manager. However, Whitney has merged with Hancock Bank, therefore reviewing them is pointless.
Pros
steady work environment
Cons
at times could be stressful
Ok
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 11, 2017
I only worked here for about a year prior to relocating to Houston, TX from New Orleans. During my short time working there, I learned how to manage under extreme stress.
Room for career advancement
Bank Teller (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAJuly 5, 2017
Whitney Bank offers decent pay and benefits, as well as room for advancement within the company. Banking is a good industry for single parents as it allows weekends, nights, and holidays off.
Great hours and benefits.
Senior Teller (Current Employee) –  New Orleans, LAJune 21, 2017
The job is pretty easy. This location is fairly slow so cashing checks and deposits will be it. Nothing is really hard but difficult customers. The employees make the job. We are a great team who sticks together.
Job Duties
Banking Services Support Representative, FT (Former Employee) –  Jefferson, LAJune 19, 2017
Provided 360° administrative support to Bankers and high level Officers for both front- and back-end operations. Worked with a diverse array of clientele to troubleshoot issues, identify problems and offer proactive solutions. Used strong relationship building skills to ensure complete satisfaction and create loyal, long-term accounts. Escalated issues that needed higher level resolutions such as inaccurate system/process errors that affected multiple accounts/branches/systems. Assimilated rapidly standard procedures as well as new services/processes to make certain all transactions complied with bank, state and federal rules
Good Bank
Assistant Vice President | Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Alexandria, LAJune 11, 2017
Strong bank, goal are important. Good place to work with good hours. I would work there again. Benefits are good also. And good hours. They have branches all over the state.
Laid Back place to work
Vault Teller (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAMay 2, 2017
Because there was no micro managing, this made for a really laid back environment. The atmosphere was very calm and positive. Everyone got along great.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Not busy
Company over everything and everyone
Associate Teller (Current Employee) –  LouisianaMarch 16, 2017
Working every Satruday gets old. The workers should be allowed to swap their Saturdays if another employee is willing to do so. They should close earlier.
Pros
hour lunch break
Cons
work over family
Productive and fun place to work
Teller (Former Employee) –  Albany, LAMarch 7, 2017
Great company to work for, I only left to persue another job opportunity.My supervisors were great, my coworkers were easy to work with. I enjoyed the customers i served.
Fun place to work
Sr. Error Correction Clerk (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAFebruary 14, 2017
Poor management. I can truly say as far as work is concerned with this company everything I have learned I learned for other co-workers. The most enjoyable thing about the job is the closeness of the employees.
A great company to learn from.
Customer Service Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Mandeville, LAJanuary 27, 2017
Morning Briefing to go over goals and plans for the week.

Filing confidential paperwork, making phone calls, helping customer that walk in to the branch also customers that call on the phone.

Calendar scheduling for my tellers. I liked to have my schedules out for the month.

Audits, Balancing cash drawer.

Supply order for the week if any at all.
Pros
Healthcare
Cons
Short lunches
No comment
Compliance Specialist (Current Employee) –  New Orleans, LAJanuary 17, 2017
No comment or suggestions at this time. Currently looking for better financial opportunities and career advancement.
Job
Multi Service Banker 1/ Teller/ Admin Team (Current Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAJanuary 4, 2017
A typical day and difficult at times. Never enough help, people really don't stay ad there is hardly any room for advancement within the company.It's a job.
Benefits
Cons
No help..
Supervised daily operation of branch
Branch Supervisor/Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LADecember 26, 2016
Managed overall operations of the banking branch office
• Prepared and monitored the branch’s budget
• Mentored and trained new employees
• Assisted in the Collection’s Department with contacting delinquent account holders
• Aided in the enhancement of a profitable business rapport with concurrent quality service

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Whitney Bank. Our community is ready to answer.