Whitney Bank Employee Reviews

Customer Service Manager
Customer Service Manager (Current Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LANovember 1, 2016
Overseeing tellers and branch operations. Job can be stressful when understaffed and hiring process takes too long. I can manage time well so I have a good work-life balance. If you aren't able to manage your time and work under pressure at times this job isn't for your. Pay is mediocre and incentive program has become more difficult to achieve--causing huge strain on compensation in comparison to previous years. Difficult to move up once in a manager position due to constant management restructuring.
Pros
flexible schedule at times, great co-workers
Cons
medicore pay
Very Strong Bank
Operations Specialist Clerk III (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LASeptember 24, 2016
Awesome, long endurance bank which was very committed to customers and their employees before and even after Katrina. We were a happy family and worked for a very knowledgeable bank.
Pros
Very strong bank
Cons
We were bought out and relocated
Good co workers
teller (Former Employee) –  Bayonet Point, FLAugust 24, 2016
Most days where very enjoyable. Management was easy to deal with. Had a good relationship with co-workers and management. Worked well as a team. Very customer friendly!!
Not a Good Match for Me.
Main Branch Teller/Assistant Vault Teller (Former Employee) –  Lake Charles, LAJuly 27, 2016
This was not one of my favorites. They were very "close-doored", uninterested in you as a person or in any advancement incentives. You come in, do your job, and go home. There was no interaction, lots of unrest between the younger staff, and constant arguing. I was extremely young when I worked here so this may have just been me not knowing how to participate or work to fit in.
Pros
steady work week
Cons
no communication, dreary environment, high turnover rate
Fine company that does a great job training employees
Commercial Portfolio Manager (Current Employee) –  New Orleans, LAJuly 13, 2016
Whitney Bank's corporate lending department provides employees an opportunity to obtain extensive knowledge of credit. The bank has a formal credit training program that teaches new corporate banking employees the intricacies of lending. The corporate lending department for the New Orleans market is accurately sized, feeling neither too big or too small. Everyone in the department knows their coworkers and work in small teams.
Pros
Hands on credit training, perfectly sized lending department
Cons
Somewhat monotonous, technologically lagging
Hancock Whitney Bank
Retail Sales Leader (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAMay 17, 2016
Great overall experience working for Hancock Whitney Bank. The company providing an excellent foundation in financial training to new associates.
The casino was a instereing place to work.
Branch Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAMarch 21, 2016
The Casino was 24-hours and fast paste. The casino taught me patience. It taught ne how to deal with all types of cultures and different attitudes from both the guest and employees. The management team was really strong and knowledgeable. The coworkers pulled together. The hardest thing about the casino industry was that it's 24-hours a day 7-days a week. The scheduled changed a lot
Pros
Great coworkers
Cons
24-Hours business
Productive workplace with an enjoyable staff
Teller III (Former Employee) –  Gonzales, LAMarch 16, 2016
A typical day at work included a lot of multi-tasking which I am good at. I enjoyed being busy and having something to do. My co-workers were like family to me. The hardest part of the job was I worked so hard but was not compensated for it. I took on some managerial tasks to help the manager but she would not give me a raise which I thought I had earned.
Inviting and positive environment to wok in.
Teller/Supervisor Teller (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAJanuary 27, 2016
I would recommend this company to anyone looking to have a great work/personal life. There the customers are as great as the banking institution itself. It's a really great institution to grow with.
Productive and fun place to work
Documentation Specialist (Current Employee) –  Jefferson, LAJanuary 4, 2016
I enjoy working for Whitney Bank, the company has a good Job work/life balance for all associates as well as offers a good compensation/benefits package.
Banking (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAAugust 26, 2015
I learn a lot at Whitney. I had many different promotional jobs at Whitney Bank. I enjoyed helping the customers and working back office.
Pros
Job security
Cons
In CBD area, salary
Fast paced company
Bank Teller (Former Employee) –  Denham Springs, LAAugust 11, 2015
At Whitney Bank, I dealt with customers face to face on a daily basis, as well as on the phone. My job consisted of many tasks and required me to work at a fast pace, while providiing accuracy. Some of the duties that came with my job were cashing checks, making deposits or withdrawals, greeting customers, sales with other products and balancing my drawar daily.
Pros
I enjoyed my co-workers and the daily interaction with people
Cons
sometimes I would not get home until 7:30 or 8:00pm, which made very long days
First busniess job
Human Resources - General Assistant (Former Employee) –  New Orleans LouisianaAugust 10, 2015
I learned a lot in the 17 years I worked for Whitney Bank. It was my foundation and has helped me get into what I am currently doing.
Pros
Great place to get work experience
Cons
Didn't pay great
Teller (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAAugust 4, 2015
I truly enjoyed my teller experience at Whitney! The management worked hard to understand the needs of their staff.
Tellers are required to be friendly and accurate while handling customer transactions.
Pros
Excellent training, benifits, and schedule
Nice place to work; good place to begin financial career
MS SQL Server BI Developer (Former Employee) –  Ville Platte, LAJuly 8, 2015
Great place to work at. Great customers. Great supervisor and co-works.Whitney bank is a good place to work for. On a daily you feel like work is your second family with your coworkers.
Very Stressfull, Sales quotas very high
Teller - Process (Former Employee) –  Mandeville, LAJune 14, 2015
Whitney Bank was acquired by Hancock bank while I was employed there. My experience was stressful because of sales quotas, which is not my strength.
Pros
Otis Sputmeyer Cookies bake fresh everyday, Customers.
Cons
Stressfull
great place to work
Teller IV (Current Employee) –  New Orleans, LAJune 7, 2015
Customer service retail banking job which you learn daily about different banking products to help suit the customers needs. The hardest part of my job is where customers can be rude most of the time just because they may be going through life struggles but otherwise i enjoy helping customers out.
Exception Resoluton Speecialist (Former Employee) –  Denham Springs, LAApril 17, 2015
I receive the best knowledge in the banking experience. Also, I have the best managers when I was working in the Collateral Department and Item Processing.
Pros
Best Benefits
Cons
Grade Level Very Low.
Enjoyed the customer at the bank
Utility Clerk/Drive up Supervisor (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAApril 9, 2015
Waiting on customers through the drive thru. Supervised several employees. The most enjoyable was the customers, They made your day with their various request.
Overall, great bank.
Multi-Service Banker (Former Employee) –  Lake Charles, LAMarch 28, 2015
You could not ask for a better qualified and friendly environment from any other financial institution. Would greatly recommend Whitney Bank.