Whitney Bank

Whitney Bank Employer Reviews

Bank Life
Teller (Former Employee), Houma, LAJanuary 20, 2014
Bank life is not for everyone. You need to have very thick skin because people are not nice. They don't like to hear bad news about there account or when you cannot process something like they want.
It was a more advanced workplace.
Paying and Receiving Teller (Former Employee), Kenner, LAJanuary 18, 2014
Pros: customers
The most enjoyable part of my job was helping customers achieve the best accounts for their financial needs.
Not a very friendly place to work
Sr. Teller/ Teller Supervisor/ New Accounts Rep (Former Employee), New Orleans, LAJanuary 13, 2014
Pros: the customers
Cons: management
A typical day at work was very hectic, however, I learned a lot about banking. Management was not the best. Some of my co-workers were great. The hardest part about my job was supervising the tellers and having my manager to support me. The most enjoyable part was my customers.
A great bank for a great city
Branch Manager (Current Employee), New Orleans, LAJanuary 2, 2014
Pros: longevity
Cons: sales oriented
It has been the best job I have ever had. My Dad started working there in 1950 and was there for 12 years. I was so happy to have worked there with people he worked with, they took care of me and taught me everything I know.
Whitney National Bank-
Multiservice Banker (Former Employee), New Orleans LouisianaNovember 25, 2013
Great company, great coworkers, great training, great opportunities to move up and grow professionally
An Analysis of the former Whitney Bank
Personal Banker (Former Employee), Saint Petersburg, FLNovember 23, 2013
Pros: a proactive/sales oriented team, better bonuses, a different array of products to work with, the ability for advancement
Cons: i honestly cannot think of any
A typical day started off with looking at my Outlook to see where I left off the previous day. It was nearly impossible most days to complete everything as I was not allowed to work 10 hour days.

The management was strong, innovative, and out in the community procuring new business relationships. I was apprised of the progress of these new leads and – more... encouraged to create a meeting schedule for my branch manager with new prospective clients, which I did successfully.

My co-workers were all trained to be a smooth sales oriented TEAM which made our branch very successful. They were all knowledgeable and brought to the table new ideas, which were implemented or expounded upon.

Hardest part of this job, was leaving an office to go and work for a less successful one, in that it was hard to leave the team I was working with currently.

The ability to tell someone they have been approved for that new product that is going to help them improve their lives. From buying a house to managing their current money supply in a more efficient and less costly manner. The team that I worked with. – less
Teller (Current Employee), Walker, LANovember 19, 2013
They are very accommodating. Working a teller window, friendly environment, great customers, hardest part is servicing upset customers.
Great place to work to gain knowledge of finances and professionlaism
Loan Processor II (Former Employee), New Orleans, LAAugust 19, 2013
Pros: excellent benefits
Cons: stressful managing other people's money
A typical day at work was customer service, first. Assisting customer with daily needs and issues. Community with all bank personnel. Paying attention to detail. Ensuring all paperwork is processed and dead-lines are meet.
Great!
Teller III (Current Employee), Gonzales, LAAugust 13, 2013
A typical day at work was assisting customer with deposits and payments. I learned to be efficient, accurate and to work as a team. Management was there to help at any time. Co workers worked together throughout the day.
It was fun!!
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), New Orleans, LAAugust 13, 2013
Pros: benefits were great, when i was there
Cons: getting employed is not an easy task now!
I missed some of my co worker who i've learned so much from. Hope they RIP!! Many are deceased, they were much older than I. Whitney Bank are great to their employers and they understand hard times as well.. Loved them!
I had a very rewarding career with Whitney Bank.
Loan Shipper (Former Employee), Main OfficeJuly 23, 2013
Pros: free checking accounts, discount on garage parking, great people
Cons: commute, an office without a window.
I had a very rewarding career with Whitney Bank, after the merger of Whitney and Hancock Banks my position was moved to Alabama. I worked with a good group of people, all of us were always willing to help one another. I learned a lot about Mortgages and Home Equity Lines of Credit.

The hardest part of the job was the long commute from Covington to – more... the CBD.

The most enjoyable were the friendships formed. – less
Stay away if possible!
Teller IV (Former Employee), New Orleans, LAJune 6, 2013
Pros: benefits, paid time off
Cons: questionable staff/management, only cares about their own financial gain, set the bar too high, long hours, lack of consideration for employees
It was an okay place before the merger with Hancock Bank, but all went downhill afterwards. While the merger did bring along some changes for the better, they were negated by others. The hours got longer (closing at 5:30 PM everyday, and some locations later on Fridays), causing not only employee dissatisfaction but adjustments to scheduling which made – more... the bank harder to operate. Staffing was also cut, often leading to customer dissatisfaction and inconveniences. They also have something called CSPs, which are surveys designed to evaluate employee performance. They were supposed to evaluate customer service when in truth it was a measure of whether the employee did what the company told them to do, not if he/she satisfied the customer. Anything less than a perfect score was considered a bad score, and sometimes warranted coaching/counseling. Also, sales were shoved down our throats, often shooting towards goals which were near impossible to achieve. Worst of all, the type of employees hired by the company were very questionable and sometimes unprofessional. I had a couple of supervisors during my time there who I was embarrassed to be working under, due to lack of knowledge of the company/ professionalism. Also, scheduling was nonexistant, I had to make my own despite being at the lowest level in the bank due to managerial incompetence. I can't speak for any other departments, but if you are looking to work in a branch, STAY AWAY!!! – less
Good job to learn about banking and advance.
Multi-service Banker (Current Employee), Lafayette, LAMay 25, 2013
Pros: good schedules, good benefits, room to advance
Cons: limited to gulf south
For the security of those employed a vague description will be provided.

Setup the branch for opening. Help customers with transactions, look for opportunities to refer a customer to a product, make the customer feel welcome and at ease, always on aware for fraud and robbery, prepare end of day reports, secure branch.
Great Core Values
Data Entry (Current Employee), Baton Rouge, LAMay 3, 2013
Pros: benefits
Cons: reduction in force
Great company to work with.
Values your existence
offers training and references
convenient
enjoy learning new process and working with wonderful people who care.
Overall a good place to work but slow to advance in technology.
Team Leader II Deposit Accounting (Former Employee), Harahan, LAMarch 27, 2013
Pros: good benifits
Cons: some technology issues but overall not bad.
Whitney Bank was a very nice place to work. Although the bank was challenged in the technology area it was slowly working on that. The manangement was more old school but they wanted to change. My co-workers were very good and they made the job esier. The hardest part of the job was conveying to management what we did and how the system and process – more... worked. The most enjoyable part of the job was solving the issue's that arised and following them to completion. – less
Challanging and enjoyable work.
Trust Officer (Current Employee), Baton Rouge, LAMarch 12, 2013
Administor investment accounts, check daily account transactions, overdrafts. Book of business also includes trusts which requires depth knowledge of trust laws. Co workers are friedly and professionals.Hardest part is when beneficiaries of trust don't understand trust laws. Enjoyable part is keeps me on my toes, there is something new with every trust.
Great place to work at
Bank Teller (Former Employee), Marrero, LAMarch 6, 2013
Cons: bad scheduling and management
Loved my co-workers!!! Loved the routine of the job and the customers
Excellent growth and learning experience
Teller - Cross (Former Employee), Gulfport, MSJanuary 9, 2013
Whitney National Bank gave me chance in hiring me with no prior banking experience. Most of my knowledge comes from working within this company. I worked with excellent and knowledgeable people who were willing to teach me anything I wanted to learn. I enjoyed meeting new people and getting to know existing customers.
Whitney Bank
Certified Teller (Former Employee), Sulphur, LADecember 28, 2012
Performed daily transactions for customers. Enjoyable experience for a part time bank teller.
Great workplace.
Senior Teller (Former Employee), Houma, LADecember 26, 2012
Greeting and helping customers with banking transactions. Supervising teller's job duties. Cash ordering and balancing of main vault.

About Whitney Bank

As one of the country’s most stable and respected financial institutions, Hancock Holding Company's family of companies – Read more