Whittier College Employee Reviews

Great small campus
quaker campus (Former Employee) –  Whittier, CAAugust 8, 2017
It is a relatively small campus, but you have the opportunity to meet more people and make more connections given the small campus. Thankful for the experiences I was able to have.
Friendly and laid-back place to work.
ASSISTANT SYSTEMS MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Whittier, CAJuly 27, 2017
The staff in the Office of Admission are very much like a family. It's a laid-back atmosphere that I've enjoyed working in. It's a small staff so it stays pretty busy, but it's rewarding.
Pros
One free meal a week at the cafeteria.
Cons
Admissions building is across the street from campus.
Great college job
Peer Mentor (Former Employee) –  Whittier, CAMay 23, 2017
I was able to advance in my position over four years, even as just a student worker. I was given a lot of autonomy and flexibility with my schedule, but also taught to take no a great deal of responsibility. I was a mentor and was also mentored.
Best job ever
I.T. User Support Technician (Former Employee) –  Whittier, CAMay 12, 2017
Wonderful work environment for learners and experts alike. Allowed personal growth where deemed fit. Loved working on personal and school wide special projects and treated all with the highest quality of HelpDesk service.
Small college setting just outside LA
Coach (Current Employee) –  Whittier, CAMay 1, 2017
Working with college athletes in a supportive community. Taught me about recruiting, planning, budgeting, and working with others. Smaller school makes the atmosphere very close-knit.
NIce place to work!
Women's Assistant Coach (Current Employee) –  Whittier, CAFebruary 22, 2017
Love the small community feel to the campus. And would like to remain on staff. Nice kids and teachers. Overall, not a bad place to work.
Pros
like the coaching staff
Cons
don't like AD
Campus Safety Sergeant (Former Employee) –  Whittier, CAFebruary 15, 2017
Whittier College was a good experience for me. I learned security at a different level. I left to pursue a better opportunity for my career advancement.
Student Account Counselor (Current Employee) –  Whittier, CASeptember 4, 2016
College setting working with students and families to assist with their cost related to educational needs. Heavy contact over phones and counter.

Best Part of job working with families and students to answer concerns and questions they have

Worst Part was having to send accounts to collection agencies
Enjoyable
Research and Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  Whittier, CAMarch 26, 2016
Intellectual Atmosphere
Working with multiple professors
Enjoyable time helping students
International business exposure
Connections for career
Helpful and supportive coworkers
Whittier College
Resident Advisor (Former Employee) –  Whittier, CAMarch 16, 2016
I worked as both a language tutor and a Resident Advisor at Whittier College. I found both positions to be very rewarding.
Pros
Work-study pay, compensation for room & board.

Want to know more about Whittier College?

Ask a question
Great Place to work and go to School
Assistant - Office of International Programs (Former Employee) –  Whittier, CAJanuary 15, 2016
Whittier College is a great place located in Southern California with great diversity and cultural awarness on campus. All the jobs on campus are great.
professional atmosphere where education was valued
Assistant Professor (Former Employee) –  Whittier, CAJanuary 15, 2016
Environment rich in opportunities to collaborate and grow professionally.

Typical teaching load was 3-4 courses per semester with some supervision of student teachers.

The students were motivated and interested in becoming teachers, which made the job enjoyable.
Pros
atmosphere that valued education
See previous review
Academic Coach (Current Employee) –  Whittier, CANovember 28, 2015
Overall positive experience working as an Academic Coach. It is a privilege working one-on-one with students while being a student myself. Maintaining confidentiality is an absolute must.
Pros
Gaining Interpersonal skills
Cons
Minimum wage work
A good place to start your career
Systems Librarian (Current Employee) –  Whittier, CAOctober 10, 2015
Whittier is a great place to get some early-mid level experience in your career path, but there are few opportunities for advancement or professional growth. The people are friendly and the work environment is rather relaxed but most departments lack strong management and professionalism.
Pros
Free lunches, decent benefits
Cons
professional advancement, compensation
Assistant to Director (Former Employee) –  Whittier, CAAugust 20, 2015
This was my first job. It was difficult at first but the directors were more than happy to assist with workload and took the time to train me personally.
Terrific university with much diversity and leadership opportunities.
Resident Advisor (Former Employee) –  Whittier, CAJune 25, 2015
Worked to plan programs to give peers a great experience. area Coordinators were available for guidance.
Many independent working opportunities as well as opportunities working with others.
Friendly and productive environment
Assistant Softball Coach (Current Employee) –  Whittier, CaJune 19, 2015
Typical Day would consist of checking emails from prospective athletes, helping with compliance, organizing practice plans, providing skills to the players to help improve their abilities to play at a high level, interacting with other coaches from different sport, and attending monthly staff meetings. Also, working with young women as well as young girls during softball camps and helping them grow into well mannered and educated women. The hardest part of the job is being so young and earning respect from the players who were only three years younger than I am. From the beginning, I was able to make sure they knew I was not their friend but their coach who can provide guidance or advice to them about their life after college and softball. The most enjoyable part of the job is impacting these young women in a positive way and helping them grow into respectful women. Although I am a softball coach, I am also a substitute teacher for the local high school district and a student working on her master's degree which should be completed by May of 2016.
The environment is great.
Technical Manager/Media Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Whittier, CAJanuary 13, 2015
The environment is great. I love my student workers and most of the staff. It is a very friendly environment that is fun to work at. Upper management isn't tip top. They underpay the staff that gets most of the work done and miss spend money left and right. The upper management is over paid while many key players are vastly underpaid, leading to a high turn around. Catering meetings is more important then hiring a well trained staff to support the existing infrastructure.
Pros
Fun environment. Independence.
Cons
Poor leadership, High turn around, Terrible compensation.
Excellent staff, excellent environment to prosper
Student Health Assistant (Former Employee) –  Whittier, CAOctober 1, 2014
Although it was a fast paced environment, it was definitely a much need experience. The management was excellent, there were no complications because everyone was on task, there were no mix-ups about duties, schedule, or pay. The most difficult portion of this job was the high demand for service.
Stressful during rush hour
Gym Assistant (Former Employee) –  Whittier, CAMay 12, 2014
Only worked here for a little while. Great job to learn how to handle money