Whittier Hospital Medical Center

Whittier Hospital Medical Center Employer Reviews

professional attitudes and great learning enviroment
Lab Assistant (Former Employee), Whittier, CAAugust 23, 2014
Pros: great teaching enviroment with fun staff and interestind work
Cons: early workhours
Great professional attitudes; interesting work with alot of opportunities to learn new things
Great Hospital
ER Tech (Former Employee), Whittier, CAJuly 17, 2014
Pros: great staff
Cons: short breaks, very busy er
WHMC is a great place to work, great nurses, all very hard working. I was there for about a year and a half, had a great time. The staff is awesome. The CEO is a great person, and cares about his staff.
Great Co-Workers
Emergency Admission Specialist (Former Employee), Whittier, CAMarch 12, 2014
I've made three very good friends who were very professional people when it came to their services. Their human resources and federal law compliance could use some work though.
RT department was very helpful
respiratory therapist (Former Employee), whittier, caMarch 4, 2014
this was my first clinical rotation. one of my best clinical sites. I got a lot of hands on experience. all the RT I worked with where very helpful.
Its a very homey work environment. Employees are friendly.
Coder-Outpatient (Current Employee), Whittier, CAFebruary 7, 2014
I have joined Whittier Hospital for almost a year as a contract coder and I would say that I am so lucky to be assigned in an acute care environment with regular full time employees that were so hospitable and warm and they treat you like one of them.
nice place to work but the pay for cna's sucks
cna (Former Employee), whittier, caApril 10, 2013
Pros: benefits, clean enivronment, patient to staff ratio, ceu's
Cons: pay rate, no union for cnas or lvns, strict attendance
This place is great to work. They very clean, strict about hospital attire, free healthcare benefits. However, they pay for even the most experience cna's is similar to a can starting off as a new grad. I didn't mind work the every other weekend and the patient to staff ratio was decent but they are very strict about attendance. They have no problem – more... firing you if your late or absent more than 5 times per year. – less
Good place to work with good people
Radiologic Technologist II (Former Employee), Whittier, CAMarch 14, 2013
Pros: good people
Worked there many years. Good place to learn from and get experience.
typical facility to above average
Full time ICU two 8 bed units (Former Employee), Whittier, CAJanuary 5, 2013
Pros: close to home
Cons: frequent cancellations due to low census.
A typical night shift is 12 hours. No encouragement for further education (away from work). Two patients assignments. Close, friendly staff. Management not involved, rely on charge nurses.
Not Bad But Not Great
RN - Emergency Department (Current Employee), Whittier, CADecember 17, 2012
Pros: good/descent starting pay for new grad rn
Cons: short breaks/lunch, obsolete computerized charting system
What can I say about WHMC? It's not the greatest place that I've ever worked at, but it's somewhat descent. I think that the managers that work here are nice but have unrealistic expectations of what they want their staff to do simply because they lack the proper funds that they need to help the staff move forward to the technological era...For a BIG – more... example: paper work, paper work, paper work, despite having an e-charting system in place, I find that there is STILL a lot of paper work! The electrical charting system (CPSI) that they have put in place is a JOKE! Sure it's computerized but it's a computerized version of the paper which the staff still needs to fill in (fill in the black) EACH and EVERY time a client walks in the door whether it's their first time there of their 25th visit to the hospital. There is ABSOLUTELY no continuity of care with the e-charting that they have chosen to use! Not user friendly...they push the staff to clock in and especially OUT on time...but this is a goal that is NOT realistic whatsoever. Too much redundancy with the work flow...inefficient...not cost effective!! – less
Ok place to work. Not enough communication between managers and employees
Radiology Clerk (Current Employee), Whittier, CAJune 4, 2012
The hospital is going thru some changes. The work load is minimal.
Great place for interning.
Intern (Former Employee), Whittier, CAMarch 31, 2012
Pros: great experience
I loved intrerning at Whittier Hospital they thought me so much. I was able to work almost every department in the Hospital. Everyone is very nice and helpful.
Fast paced setting with friendly staff.
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee), Whittier, CAMarch 24, 2012
I did my internship here for a month, the staff took me in right away i felt comfortable and enjoyed every moment. The staff show you everything you need to know in that short period of time it was fun i enjoyed it.