Whittier Hospital Medical Center Employee Reviews

Fast Paced
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Whittier, CAOctober 13, 2017
Fast paced, assisted patients and patients family members around the hospital directing them to the appropriate department or patient rooms. Checked in all visitors and patients that are coming in for either procedures or surgeries
AHMC facility
Director of Surgical Services (Former Employee) –  Whittier, CAAugust 16, 2017
The pace was slow and not stressful. Had issues with surgeons doing the right thing for the patients.
management team was okay they fought among themselves. The CNO and CFO did not get along which cause issues for the departments. CNO was fair and supportive.
Hardest part was getting the surgeons to do what is required and what is right for the patient,
Pros
close to home
Cons
physicians
The hospital honed my skills to develop policy and procedure
Iron Chef (Former Employee) –  Whittier, CAMay 16, 2017
When I started working in this hospital, there was a change of management and dietary started from zero. With the help of management and a good teamwork from the dietary employees, the department started to soar high.
Productive work place
Clinical Manager (Current Employee) –  Whittier, CAApril 25, 2017
Whittier medical hospital is a mid level care facility. The pople who work there care about their job. The staff will go out of their way to orient you to the facility and are willing to help.
Pros
Staff
Cons
Management//multi hats
My review of WHMC
Support Services Office Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Whittier, CAJanuary 30, 2017
It has been a great learning experience working in the healthcare industry. I have had 1st hand relation with the surveys that are here during JC. I am a troubleshooter for the facility and corporate. I represent the Support Service Team and provide efficient customer service to both the staff and incoming calls from vendors to sales to patients. I have transformed out accounts payable and permits to electronic version for better filing and back up. I manage the transportation department with drivers that are scheduled to pick up our out patient procedures and manager their vans. I manage 8 engineers for request on site, 2 MOB'S and 8 women's clinics. I assist the director and can perform his tasks and present New Hire Orientation powerpoint focusing on safety. Support Services entails a wide area of needs for the best of our facility. I am seeking management position to perform my knowledge obtained with my MBA.
Pros
Healthcare, close to home
Cons
I am capped out of my position. I have been told by many that i am ready to lead.
safe environment
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJanuary 27, 2017
the hospital has plenty of caring and professional staff that honestly cares about their patients and are able to take their work seriously. patients come in from all over the place, lots of Asian and Hispanic patients mainly
Pros
you only pay for parking once
Cons
technology not up to date
A very fast pace working environment
Dietary Aide (Current Employee) –  Whittier, CAJanuary 27, 2017
A place where you must be knowledgeable at what you are doing, currently a bit understaffed so picking up your own slack is a must! Everyone cares and helps each other out.
Pros
Free lunches and meals
Cons
Short staffed and hot
Above rating is 4
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Whittier, CADecember 23, 2016
Working at Whittier is like working with your family that you need to be a good person in order for you to take care of the patient. You need to build up a team work to create a good place to work with
Mri tech
MRI Technologist (Former Employee) –  Whittier, CADecember 20, 2016
I really enjoy waking up every morning and going to work everyday, knowing that I'm going to make a difference in someone's life in a positive way.
I enjoyed going to work, it was very productive and learned a lot of other jobs in different departments.
Quality Assurance Lead (Former Employee) –  Whittier, CANovember 16, 2015
I learned a lot with this company and enjoyed the staff throughout many years prior, back in 1994 i was employed with them as a medical collector for 4 years then we had to be relocated to CBO in Alhambra, in which this became difficult at the time.
Overall Review
REGISTERED NURSE (Current Employee) –  Whittier Hospital Medical CenterOctober 9, 2015
The nursing staff is given extenuating responsibilities that go beyond unsafe. Clinical Managers are incompetent and the culture of safety is compromised by administrative "constraints" on staffing policies. Despite having a ratio, we have been asked to "look" at incoming transfers or admissions at the end of shift so that clinical manager can claim that admission for their shift. The majority of the older doctors are not very nice. Administration does not back up nursing, regardless of the situation. Patient satisfaction is stressed over patient safety. Health insurance has no charge, but the owner of the hospital created a network of doctors that work with only his company. No option for PPO. CNO, CEO, and Department heads have quick turnover, resulting in the lack of leadership.
Pros
401k match up to 3%, self-schedule
Cons
POOR management at all levels.
Great place to recieve training.
Surgical Technician (Former Employee) –  Whittier, CAAugust 27, 2015
Very tight knit family. I learned a lot from being here for five months. They have several different specialties and the other surgical techs there are very helpful and very knowledgeable. They go out of their way to make sure you learn everything the way you are supposed to know it.

The hardest part of the job, I would say, would have to be learning to anticipate the surgeon's needs during the case. It definitely takes some time to master.

The most enjoyable part of the job is everything. I love this career.
Fast pace and hectic slightly unprofesional
ER Admitting Counselor (Former Employee) –  WHITTIER CAMay 14, 2015
Deal with rude patients at the window register patients to be seen by doctor run and verify insurances update demo info answer phones
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Lead was weak and did not know how to manage and discipline employees
Mixed feelings about WHMC
RN (Current Employee) –  Whittier, CAApril 30, 2015
Almost all the staff is very nice but the nursing directors don't seem to fix the equipment that is needed to do your job. Translation phones often times don't work, vital signs machines sometimes don't work or they sometimes can't be found when you need them which can be very dangerous. Nurse to patio ratios are kept within legal limit but there's not enough help to perform all the tasks. The mgmt needs to supply an LVN everyday, not just sometimes, to assist the RNs. Otherwise mgmnt shouldn't complain about overtime from nurses because they're all doing the best they can.
Pros
good compensation, mostly nice people
Cons
often no time for paid breaks, mgmnt not replacing malfunctioning equipment
Great company
Inpatient Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Whittier, CAMarch 16, 2015
Great company to work for. Excellent benefits for their full time employees. Caring staff and friendly administration.
Professional workplace and coworkers dedicated to serving the public as needed
Volunteer Leader (Former Employee) –  Whittier, CASeptember 2, 2014
Dedicated staff, excellent service, and rewarding services
professional attitudes and great learning enviroment
Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  Whittier, CAAugust 23, 2014
Great professional attitudes; interesting work with alot of opportunities to learn new things
Pros
great teaching enviroment with fun staff and interestind work
Cons
early workhours
Great Hospital
ER Tech (Former Employee) –  Whittier, CAJuly 17, 2014
WHMC is a great place to work, great nurses, all very hard working. I was there for about a year and a half, had a great time. The staff is awesome. The CEO is a great person, and cares about his staff.
Pros
Great Staff
Cons
short breaks, very busy ER
Great Co-Workers
Emergency Admission Specialist (Former Employee) –  Whittier, CAMarch 12, 2014
I've made three very good friends who were very professional people when it came to their services. Their human resources and federal law compliance could use some work though.
RT department was very helpful
respiratory therapist (Former Employee) –  whittier, caMarch 4, 2014
this was my first clinical rotation. one of my best clinical sites. I got a lot of hands on experience. all the RT I worked with where very helpful.