Whittier Union High School District

Whittier Union High School District Employer Reviews

Fun workplace to begin as first time worker
Food Service (Former Employee), Whittier, CAMay 12, 2014
Pros: free food
Cons: short breaks and short hours
On a typical day I would serve food to the students during breakfast and lunch. I would also help clean all the dishes that were dirty after serving the food. I learned how to deal with people on registers and what food they would like specifically. It was easy to manage since it was before and during school breaks. My co-workers were very helpful and cooperative. The hardest part of the job was cleaning the cafeteria appliances. The most enjoyable part of working was being able to work with fellow students and also being able to help students by giving them food.
Enjoy when working on assignments
Clerk II On-Call (Former Employee), Whittier, CAOctober 8, 2013
Pros: fun to work with the staff, public, students and teachers.
Cons: not permanent and no benefits
While working at the district I've experienced a lot of every department; Guidance, Curriculum, Attendance, Facilities, Expanded Horizons, Adult Education and Independant Studies for High School students.

The best part of my job is that I work with Administrators, Counselors, Teachers, Public and Students.

The hardest part of my job is leaving an assignment. Most of my assignments have been long term so I tend to bond with employees and I'm sad to leave. The most enjoyable is when I receive cards of thank you notes from the staff, flowers, waffle breakfast and appreciation of my best and hard work.
High School job, easy money
Student Cafeteria Worker (Former Employee), Whittier, CAOctober 8, 2012
Pros: free food, work only during school hours
Cons: very few hours
On a typical day, I would meet my lunch cart for breaks and lunch 10 minutes before they would start. I would help set up the carts with the food, and wheel them out to the right locations on campus, and sell the food to students during the breaks and lunch. Afterwards, I would help wheel them back, count the till, return it to management, and get my snacks and go to class.
Very rewarding working with children
Campus Security Officer/Insturctional Assistant (Former Employee), Whittier, CAAugust 28, 2012
Most of the time, very rewarding, naturally some of the fellow employees fell short and slacked off.
Great working enviorment
Assistant Auditorium Technical Director (Former Employee), Whittier, CAAugust 23, 2012
Working as a assistant technical director you have lots of fun building sets and setting up the auditorium for a wide variety of educational events as well as outside events including plays, musicals, graduation and many more.