Whole Foods Market
1,268 reviews

Whole Foods Market Employer Reviews

Busy fun crowded workdays
Cashier (Former Employee), El Segundo, CAMarch 3, 2015
Very busy from the moment i arrive to when i leave, constantly on the go. Making smoothies and juices all day long. Learned about some coffees, didnt know about instant coffee and was able to learn about that. Learning how to roast our coffee beans. Management wasnt very professional, didnt talk to their employees with repsect whatsoever. My co-workers were amazing, always helpful, smiling and a team player. Hardest part of my job was knowing every coffee we had stocked. I really enjoyed interacting with all my customers regardless how busy we were. Making sure they were satisfied with their drinks was what i aimed for.
Good culture and values
Supervisor (Current Employee), Washington, DCMarch 3, 2015
Pros: customers, values
Cons: advancement
Answering a lot of questions about cheese and gourmet food items. always merchandising. good thing is that you learn something new about cheese everyday. The hardest part of the job is probably closing my department, there is always a lot of work when closing. Most enjoyable part of the job is the customers, you see them a lot so you get to know them well.
Productive and fun workplace
Deli clerk (Former Employee), FairfieldMarch 2, 2015
Pros: 401k, 10% dicounts
typical day at work is fast paste

I learned a lot about whole foods products Especially what company whole foods buys most of their meats

managers and co- workers very energetic and encouraging
Prepared Foods (Current Employee), Birmingham, ALMarch 1, 2015
I clock in get dress in a chef jacket, then head down stairs to start my day which is working the chef case it is a case full of food that allows customer to look into it and pick out the things they will like to take home and eat the food is already cook they just have to go home and preheat the items. After store hours I then put the food up clean the area then go home.
great workplace
Counter interactions scaling, assisting customers (Former Employee), Port Chester, NYMarch 1, 2015
the environment is real welcoming, good vibes and it makes it real comfortable to work at. people are great to help you learn, and assisting each other is a daily practice so teamwork was a skill you naturally adapt too.
Great place to grow
Customer Relations (Current Employee), Jenkintown, PAMarch 1, 2015
Work hard, do what you are trained to do and you can advance if you are willing to accept the responsibilities that come with that advancement.
Great place for healthy eating
Prep Foods Lead (Current Employee), Tallahassee, FLFebruary 28, 2015
Pros: great people/customers
Cons: communication could be a lot better
There maybe a time or two or twelve where you have to be flexible to cover other areas because of some people not coming to work. (Not the stores fault).
Healthy work place
Customer Service (Former Employee), New York, NYFebruary 28, 2015
I enjoyed the advanced customer service training that I got here. The staff was always alive and friendly.

The pay is average for a high end food store but the experience is priceless.

Management was not the best.
Productive and fun
MARKETING AND CUSTOMER SERVICE ASSISTANT (Former Employee), Bethesda, MDFebruary 27, 2015
Pros: free lunch, constant support from the management
Cons: job security
Fun environment
Great people
Customers are the best, very sweet.
The food is one of the best.
Get to meet all kind of personality (celebrities, politicians, athletes,and so on)
Fun, flexible schedule, nice people to work with, etc.
Bakery Associate (Former Employee), CaliforniaFebruary 27, 2015
I really enjoyed working here the past few years but I felt it was my time to move on. The benefits are great and your supervisors always have your back.
fun work place
Shipping and Receiving Worker (Former Employee), El Segundo, CAFebruary 27, 2015
A typical day at work would consist of receiving product from truck on pallets .going over invoice and counting the shipment one at a time in to the computer system.i learned good organization skills with paper work shipping policy. co workers very helpful and and informative. the hardest part of my job was lifting items sometimes with assistance of up to 3 people to carry product. the most enjoyable part was the people i worked with and and the eviroment
Unorganized
Associate Team (Current Employee), houston texasFebruary 26, 2015
Working for this company was okay. the benefits were amazing. Really great. the leadership was slightly unorganized but the benefits were worth it.
Fun and informing
Customer Service (Former Employee), Miami, floridaFebruary 26, 2015
everyday i came to work i learned something new weather it was a new cheese we got in at specialty or a new menu we had to learn for the pizza station.
Changing a lot
Team Member (Former Employee), MAFebruary 26, 2015
Good if you are a team member
Some great people
A lot of work
Interesting customers
Good product knowledge
Love the free T-shirts
great people to work with
Bakery (Former Employee), Marlboro, NJFebruary 23, 2015
Pros: benefits
Cons: misleading oppourtunitites to move up, rules only followed through when convienient
wonderful co workers. management is very fickle. customers craved knowledge. great health benefits. did not appreciate placing frozen cookies on a tray and being called a baker
No matter how you slice it. Its retail
team leader (Former Employee), cambridgeFebruary 23, 2015
A typical day is their not being able to plan out your day because it changes as soon as you hit the door. I was a manager for WF and was constantly being pulled in many directions to put out "fires". upper management (above store level - 5 people essentially) were constantly coming up with last minute gimmicks to increase sales or promote some cause. In my position I was responsible to communicate and sell these changes to my team members. It's exhausting for myself and to the tm's to constantly be bombarded with things we were required to learn. (including giving tms homework) I was embarrassed by what we were required to ask of our tm's. The Kool-Aid was force fed.
The hardest part of my job was cutting hours while asking our tm's to do more. UGH.. WF is a 40 billion dollar company yet it was the same mantra as a Wal-Mart or any other retail shop.
Our benefits are really bad - basically our health insurance was catastrophic coverage, meaning our deductibles for medical was $7500 and script $4500. However! our paid time-off was fantastic within 3 years I had 3 weeks off at 9 years I had nearly 7 weeks.
My coworkers were a blast! Customers for the most part were cool. You still have fussy ones but it is a customer service oriented job.
If you enjoy corporate atmosphere then you will love WF.
Whole Foods Market - Organic
Customer Service (Former Employee), Paramus, NJFebruary 22, 2015
The environment at whole foods is great and you really get a home away from home feeling while working. I believe one of the greatest perks of working there was being able to learn so much about the organic products and healthy living.
productive and fun
Personal Driver (Current Employee), Dallas, TXFebruary 22, 2015
Pros: discounts
Cons: short breaks
great company to work with, special discounts, free samples, good pay, and fun team to work with. great company to work with, special discounts, free samples, good pay, and fun team to work with.
core values
Hot Bar Chef (Former Employee), Ridgewood, NJFebruary 22, 2015
Pros: very beautiful business and customer love our work effort.
Cons: management issues
what i experienced at wholefoods was simply team values and customer satisfaction here i was put to school to achieve my servsafe certification. Became a decent food prep /chef and utilizes my skills to this day
Working with good ingredients.
Deli Specialist (Former Employee), Salt Lake City, UTFebruary 21, 2015
Pros: great food and awesome discounts.
Cons: too much ice cream.
Working in a Whole Foods Deli,
making awesome food with some of the best ingredients.
Sandwich bar, pizzas bar, espresso bar and cold beverage set up.
Dishes, cleaning and prepping veggies and meats.

1 2 3 4 5

About Whole Foods Market

•Austin, Texas-based Whole Foods Market (NASDAQ: WFM) is the leading natural and organic food retailer, and one of the most – Read more

Whole Foods Market Photos