Whole Foods Market Employee Reviews in United States

Found 2,641 reviews matching the search
It is a great company to work for.
Front End Guest Services Cash Office Associate (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXAugust 25, 2016
The culture is great there. I work with really nice people. I have learned a lot about the environment. I really enjoy helping people out with what they need. The hardest part of the job would be staffing.
Pros
employee discount and great benefits.
Cons
short staffed.
great atmosphere
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLAugust 25, 2016
feels like a family out of home.i loved every moment.great customers too, i got great exposure and i really loved it, i definitely recommend it to everyone, great food too lol
Crazy little place
Barista and Wine Sommelier (Former Employee) –  Addison, TXAugust 24, 2016
Worked in a coffee bar daily. Made coffee and lattes to peoples specifications. Floated between cheese and the bar when needed.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Personnel were interesting
Very fun fast paced
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Sebastopol, CAAugust 24, 2016
I loved working for whole foods. I hear they are rated one of the best cooperations to work for considering medical benefits. They worked around my school schedule. They paid very well considering the pay scale of other grocery stores. I didn't stay long enough to use them but we were given paid sick days off as well as paid vacations. The staff was very friendly and very helpful during the training period.
Pros
12.00 hourly wage. Very friendly staff
Cons
you had to adhere strictly to the conduct guidelines
Fun work place
Bakery Team Member (Current Employee) –  New Orleans, LAAugust 24, 2016
Really great benefits and great pay. Good job to get you through college and really great for upper management. Good job security as well.
Changing for the worse
Specialty Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Park Ridge, ILAugust 23, 2016
Whole Foods Market can be an enjoyable place to work. Lately the company has been doing what it can to avoid paying benefits and get it's stock price up. A lot of the enjoyable aspects of my job are no longer there.
Pros
20% Discount
Cons
Cost cutting is ruining the culture
Profile
Customer Service Clerk/ Representative (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAAugust 23, 2016
• Serve meals upon customers request
• Performs routine heavy manual labor
• Sanitize service and preparation areas
• Follows written procedures in setting deli lines
It was a nice part time job
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Jericho, NYAugust 23, 2016
I enjoyed working at whole foods it would some time get crowded but that would only mean i should pick up my paste the people were kind and i wasn't faced with any odd issues or problems and the management were very professional.
Pros
lunch coupons, break room
Cons
n/a
Awesome
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Town and Country, MOAugust 23, 2016
Everyone I worked with at WFM was awesome! My leadership team was strong so our store ran smoothly. The hardest part of the job was getting up at 4:30 am, but I really didn't mind much!
Good people good food.
Front End Cashier (Former Employee) –  Palo Alto, CAAugust 22, 2016
I loved this job. Flexible with emlpoyees' personal schedules and and goals, upbeat laid back company. Food products that cater to patron's unique tastes and food preferences.
Pros
employee discount
Cons
Hoursavailable to employees vary and aren't always available during the off-seasons.
Whole Foods Market
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Venice, CAAugust 22, 2016
A typical day at Whole Foods Market is pretty interesting. You meet all kinds of people from all walks of life in a matter of minutes! I've been with the company since 2006 while I pursued my degree in illustration. I've learned a great deal about customer service and about working in a team setting. My co-workers are amazing as I've met many life-long friends. Management is chill, too. The hardest part is trying to not become too comfortable because I have skills and a passion for illustration so I have to keep a clear focus. The most enjoyable part are my co-workers and friends!
Receiving and Grocery Associate (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, LAAugust 22, 2016
As a receiving associate i would receive freight, distribute to correct departments, and also process paperwork to pay companies for freight received
--As a Grocery Associate I stocked the shelves, fronted the merchandise and assisted customers.
Fun place to work and grow.
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHAugust 22, 2016
I loved the people at Whole Foods. I have never made so many friends in such a short time. There was also great potential to move up in the company, based on merit.
Great environment
Prep Cook (Former Employee) –  Draper, UTAugust 22, 2016
Loved the atmosphere and environment of the work place, most of the time. A bit inflexible when it came to transportation & scheduling, there was some miscommunication from the management that ultimately lead to my leaving.
Pros
discount
Cons
inflexible, miscommunication
Great!
Produce Team Member (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZAugust 22, 2016
Whole Foods Market is a great place to work. The culture of Whole Foods is one of teamwork and independence. You are given the freedom to choose how best you want to work, but you also want to do you best as not to let down your team.
Productive and fun environment
Cashier and Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXAugust 21, 2016
A typical day at work is busy. I'm constantly moving around helping guest find what they need. Every team member is outgoing and fun to work with. Whole foods is such a positive and uplifting work environment.
Pros
Outgoing team members, fun environment, flexible hours
Cons
Short breaks, cart runs.
it was an great place to work
Team Member (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 18, 2016
started very early set up display case with cold food items and work the counter for the day. it was very fast paste and it seems like everyone was in a hurry. there was a standard to follow and the did it. co-workers were fun got to meet a lot of new people. hardest part of work was getting up at 4am to het to work for 6am everyday. most enjoyable thing was serving the customer
Pros
store discounts
Cons
food, healthcare
Life of a Whole Foods Cashier
Customer Service/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Elmhurst, ILAugust 17, 2016
My typical work day is greeting people, running the register, bagging their items and assisting them in any way that I can. I learned all the basic functions of the register and a lot of product knowledge. I work with a great people that always try to help each other when they aren't busy with a customer. The job isn't too bad as far as being hard to do. We get very busy during the holiday season and I have to help bring in carts which can be difficult during winter time which can be hard when it's freezing and there is a lot of snow on the ground. I love being able to engage with the customers because it's great meeting new people and hearing what they have to say because you never know who you will meet and what they'll have to say.
Pros
Great Benefits, wonderful people to work with and overall great company to work for.
Cons
Supervisors have a hard time coordinating lunches and breaks.
productive
Store Receiving Specialist (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 16, 2016
i learned a lot about leadership and how to communicate better.Hard work pays off, i made good friends with co worker after i lifted
Great atmosphere to work in
Specialty Team Member (Former Employee) –  Del Mar, CA 92014August 16, 2016
Great atmosphere, fun environment, positive individuals to work around. Opportunities to learn about great products. Low stress levels. Part time benefits lacking.
Pros
discounts
Cons
part time benefits

Whole Foods Market Reviews by Location