Whole Foods Market

Whole Foods Market Employee Reviews

Great team and fun work environment.
Seafood Associate Team Leader (Former Employee), Dallas, TXJuly 4, 2015
Pros: great people, fun atmosphere
Cons: No room for error and held to unfair standards
I worked some amazing and helpful people. Moving into management was an exciting challenge. Being apart of a marketing group with my department really helped maintain positive numbers and a sense of pride for my market.
Different Atmosphere
Front End Associate (Former Employee), Cary, NCJuly 3, 2015
A typical workday at Whole Foods consisted of staying quite busy. I enjoyed my co-workers, but management was less than desirable to work with.
productive and fun workplace
Customer Service (Former Employee), Danbury, CTJuly 3, 2015
Friendly work environment
Good communication between customers and employees
Information on eating healthy
Provided organic, tasteful food
Fun, energetic atmosphere
Cashier (Former Employee), Park City, UTJuly 2, 2015
One of the more fun jobs I have ever had. Great place to work and gain experience. Strong core values that help the company succeed. Treat you well as well as provide you with all the training you need. Co-workers were great as well as management.
productive and happy
Customer Service Associate/Cashier (Former Employee), Plymouth Meeting, PAJuly 2, 2015
Working with the company I learned a lot about eating organically gmo`s and non-gmo`s. a typical day was very energetic the customers where always very sweet and patient. I loved our team member meetings I especially loved at the end of each meeting if you wanted to everyone had the opportunity to tell a co worker what you appreciate about them.
Beautiful Company
Grocery Buyer (Former Employee), Annapolis MarylandJuly 2, 2015
Pros: benefits
Cons: shaky leadership
Beautiful and exciting company. HOurs are flexible. Wage increase depends on work ethic. Leadership show reat concern to each of its employees
fun plase
: Prepared Food Associate (Current Employee), Davie, FLJuly 2, 2015
it is a nice please to work you can learned so much management are good people the other are fun to work with at closing but its nice still working with the other they have fun
Finally part of a team
Prepared Foods Team Member (Current Employee), Virginia Beach, VAJuly 1, 2015
This job has finally given me what I have been looking for:
Freedom to work independently
Incredible Teammates
Constantly busy
Appropriate Compensation
Quality and Performances
Customer Services Leads (Current Employee), Fort Lauderdale, FLJuly 1, 2015
My reviews always went well, cause I've always volunteer to help others no matter what the situation might be. For example, our new hires, our customer services boots etc.Exceptional customer service comes from exceptional employee training, which each of our sale associate must pass in order to continue working with us. Another change I implemented was the creation of the merchandise position. The employees are responsible for receiving shipments, and interacting with customers at the registers. This allows sale associates to focus on serving the client without distraction.
The hardest part of the job: Our new policy that every single customers must have a receipt to return their supplements,but sometimes is hard to make a decisions to accepted it,but at the end of the day they understand where i coming from tho. What i like the most about my job is my team members love working with them,they brings energy during the whole times and the very respectful.
Fun short term, not for many looking for career jobs
Marketing and Promotions Specialist (Former Employee), Baton Rouge, LAJune 30, 2015
Great job to be able to work for with community and gaining experienece in marketing and community relations. Not a job or place for career advancement unless you are willing to relocate.
Huge Culture And Great Foods
Front End\Customer Service (Former Employee), Washington, DCJune 30, 2015
This Was The Ideal job everything always went smooth. I learned that organic foods are the best,so when shopping choose WHOLE FOODS. The managers had heir picks and chooser but they where great leaders. Everybody worked together to make sure every customer was satisfied because the customer was always right.the hardest part of the day was keeping a smile with out hurting your jaws because the environment was always happy at all times.
Supervisor (Former Employee), Milford CTJune 30, 2015
Pros: Good hours.
Cons: judgemental
Fun place to work, great environment, some of the leadership team doesn't want to see you succeed and would try to hold you back. Even though its a great place to work, if they feel like you don't fit "the look" they will get rid of you.
A typical day
Specialty Team Member (Former Employee), Boston, MAJune 29, 2015
Pros: discounted lunches
Cons: healthcare expensive
My co workers the absolute best. They all helped trained me in different aspects of the store. They all showed me the utmost respect and kindness.
Guest Services
Front End Customer Service Rep/ Cashier (Current Employee), San Mateo, CAJune 29, 2015
Pros: The team work between my coworkers, recognition for my abilities, flexible schedule, discount on company products.
Cons: Short breaks, no benefits for part-time team members.
A typical day at work includes answering calls and implementing my excellent phone etiquette and in person interactions with customers. At this job, I've learned to work in a fast paced environment efficiently, wearing multiple hats as I cross trained throughout different departments (including the meat department, grocery, bakery and front-end). My responsibilities include filling special orders, helping customers with merchandise, and cleaning registers as well as departments during closing hours. The most enjoyable part of my job is having the ability to interact with different people everyday and provide substantial customer service. It was also great when I received recognition for these abilities by receiving multiple "Outstanding Customer Service Cool Beans". The camaraderie and team work I get to be a part of really helps with the enjoyment of working with this company.
Strong company, but no chance for growth
Bread Team Member (Current Employee), Aurora, COJune 29, 2015
Whole Foods is a well structured company. However, the team at the Rocky Mountain Bakehouse is in shambles. Once I had learned all the basics, my growth was capped. There is not much room for improvement or moving up. I do everything I can to move around the bread team to learn different aspects of the job.
Natural and organic grocer that compensates their Team Members fairly.
Team Educator (Current Employee), Tustin, CAJune 29, 2015
Pros: Team Member discount, great healthcare packages.
Cons: irregular hours, working weekends and holidays.
A fast paced retail atmosphere with great focus on customer service and Team Member development. Whole Foods emphasizes the importance of educating its Team Members in the variety of products and programs within the company. An "open door policy" ensures that Team Members and management can maintain healthy communications promoting morale.
Whole Foods
Food Service Supervisor (Current Employee), Santa Monica, CAJune 28, 2015
Pros: Good benefits for full time. can change departments. Room for advancement
Cons: doesn't pay living wage, doesn't follow break laws, Feed employees propaganda, Doesn't have proper training, and poor management because of this-- and employees
Working understaffed to management who complaints the departments aren't doing enough.
As years pass at WFM they hire less full time people. This leads to hiring only part time people --mostly young people in my experience-- and it creates a careless atmosphere.
Eco Friendly
Network Administrator (Former Employee), Durham, NCJune 27, 2015
good day to meet people and talk about experiences and learn new things from the variety of customers that come strolling in and always ready to strike up a conversation.
Great people
Customer Service Supervisor (Former Employee), Cranston, RIJune 27, 2015
A company that promotes wellness and health to its customers and employees. Plenty of opportunities to move up the company ladder, alongside countless job options across the country.
Productive and fun, but felt like a clique
Team Member (Former Employee), Bellingham, MAJune 26, 2015
Pros: gain sharing, benefits, 401K, employee discount, recycling and compost
Cons: over priced products, felt like 'cool kids club'
I loved working at Whole Foods, especially Bellingham, MA. What ever food that is day before sell-by date is pulled and used in prepared foods. If it is inedible, it is gathered in compost, or given to local farmers for their animals. They also promote healthy life style.

I had two positions, one was produce preparation, where I would cut and package fruit, vegetables, and make guacamole. I learned new, efficient ways to slice, and even gardening techniques.

Each department had a manager and two or three supervisors. Then there was the store manager and assistant manager. This structure helped each department excel.

My favorite part of the job was interacting with customers, learning new recipes and dishes, and sharing my own.
The hardest part of the job was the physical labor, pushing and lifting over 100lbs, and unloading the truck every morning. This was physically draining.

1 2 3 4 5

About Whole Foods Market

•Austin, Texas-based Whole Foods Market (NASDAQ: WFM) is the leading natural and organic food retailer, and one of the most – Read more

Whole Foods Market Salaries