Whole Foods Market
1,005 reviews

Whole Foods Market Employer Reviews

a great place to work
Associate Design Coordinator (Current Employee), Emeryville, CAAugust 29, 2014
Whole foods is a great place to work, grow your skills and try lots of different roles.
Good place great people.
Chef/Supervisor (Former Employee), Overland Park, KSAugust 29, 2014
Pros: atmosphere, food, people, pay, benefits, discount.
Cons: people making decisions in your dept who step foot in it 1 maybe 2 times a year.
Worked in the kitchen cooking and preparing food along with other jobs throughout the day. Cleaning ,keeping stations full, etc...

Learned about a wide assortment of foods and how to cook them, good customer service, good work ethic.

Managers came and went and some were great some were not.

Co-workers probably is the best thing about WF. Great atmosphere – more... for the most part.

Hardest part of the job would probably be keeping up with the hot food bars. Making all the food for them, panning up food, warming up and filling the food when low, filling out logs, and keeping everything clean. Sometimes there was a lot on your plate.

I enjoyed being around good people, cooking good food, and working hard, and being able to see the outcome of it all which was people eating and enjoying the food you make. – less
great place
Team Educator (Current Employee), Los Angeles, CAAugust 29, 2014
good job to have. they take very good care of you at this place.
learned a lot, was fun and easy. Great for students
Specialty Team Member (Current Employee), San Rafael, CAAugust 27, 2014
perfect for students
easy and a little fun
have to wake up early but you're off early
Geat place to work
Cashier (Former Employee), jerichoAugust 27, 2014
Amazing people
Great salary
great benefits
Friendly workers
Great Company!
Whole Body Team Member (Current Employee), Alexandria, VAAugust 27, 2014
Pros: great benefits including health care, 401k
Cons: no cons
Great Company with great team members and endless opportunities to grow within the company!
Fun Place to work
Grocery Team Member (Current Employee), Sonoma, CAAugust 27, 2014
Pros: team member discount
Cons: nothing
Good customer service, very clean and tidy, everything is in order, good time management
Finding my Management Skills
Customer Service Cashier/Supervisor (Current Employee), Woodmere, OhioAugust 27, 2014
Pros: moveablitiy
Cons: hours and holiday work
I have learned a lot in the few years at Whole Foods. I believe I found myself as well as growing into a better leader and mentor. Everyday I work with different people and help my team grow. I was able to move around in departments, open stores, and be on different front end teams. Each one helped me see what I wanted in a leader and find out what – more... type of leader I am. – less
Productive and Fun
Customer Service (Current Employee), Wheaton, ILAugust 26, 2014
Treats employees great and we offer outstanding customer service.
Good place to work in the grocery industry
Grocery Buyer (Current Employee), Vancouver, WAAugust 25, 2014
Pay, benefits and work environment are great for the industry. Whole Foods does suffer from some of the typical corporate retail issues, but overall it's a good place to work.
Great benefits wonderful coworkers.
Supervisor and Coffee/ Tea Specialist (Current Employee), Metairie, LAAugust 24, 2014
I currently work as a supervisor and buyer. I enjoy my days work. My guests are always a cheer to see each day! My ideas are excepted and my career is always pushed to further depths.
Northeast Region not the best place to work for this company
Team Member/pre-management (Former Employee), NYCAugust 23, 2014
Pros: some really great coworkers and folks from other regions of the company
Cons: mentioned
Even while the NE region supposedly reports the highest profits - it keeps staff levels low* and shows a lack of capable, seasoned management individuals to equal the needs of the number of stores this company runs & aims to open.

It is focused on vast expansion and that money needs to come from somewhere. **

However, with the need of management staff – more... to cover the store requirements, less than optimal people are advanced to running depts and within stores, friends of current management/same race as management gets ahead - it's very clique-ish.

* -you will be working hard to cover tasks that would should be done by other people that should be hired. They will reward those who can do the jobs of 2 or more people with advancement.

** -you will start out at 20 or less hours to begin, do not count on full-time employment until you have proven you are willing to do anything for the company.

This also means that most of your co-workers have no real interest in being a superstar - since they have other jobs and cannot invest memory cells into retaining task knowledge or learning the company's many polices and executing the many holiday and sales initiatives on top of their regular tasks.

If you are looking toward rising to leadership level you should be prepared to fill the roles of several job descriptions and to move anywhere within the area to gain promotions. You should be prepared to surrender to anything your supervisor says even though it may conflict with better sense within your food-handling skill set.

These leaders are people who are moved around alot and they are not encouraged (or are given the time) to care about their greatest resource: the hard working people that DO try to follow the company's standards of excellence.

Leaders are also given bonuses based on how much money they save the company in terms of store costs: repairs, old equipment being replaced, pest management are costs that come off the top of the store management's bonus.

Keep your head low and be compliant. Customers may treat you like servants due to the boutique feel and higher prices they pay. – less
Hated working there.
Product Demonstration Specialist (Former Employee), Nashville, TNAugust 23, 2014
Pros: liked my co-workers.
Cons: they disrespect the employees.
The company is rated as being a great place to work. Don't know who they asked, because most of the employees were treated badly.
A productive and long day of work
Customer Service- Cashier (Former Employee), higham, MaAugust 22, 2014
Pros: 20% off in our purchases
A typical day of an cashier/ customer service in Whole food would be, first picking up a cashier for u to start taking the customer, check if everything is clean an presentable for the customer. The cashier will stay in their station the whole time. I have learned how to be patient with the customer, how to understand that not everyone is having a good – more... day, so we should know that they are not going to be nice with us, because of that we have to know how to deal with them. Co-workers in Whole Food Market has always very helpful, if you are new to the club, they will make you feel like home. – less
great company on paper terribly managed
Prepared foods supervisor (Current Employee), Glastonbury, CTAugust 21, 2014
The company is great on paper but the management is weak and biased. nepotism and favoritism prevent and avdancement...get in and get out
good company bad location
Customer Service Supervisor (Current Employee), Lincoln, NEAugust 21, 2014
A typical day at work consists of monitoring a break chart, handling cash, and helping customers. I also process refunds and coach the cashiers on how to provide better customer service and sales. I have learned about a major company and their mission and values. I have also learned how to watch sales projections and labor projections. Management is – more... not the greatest at this location. There has been a lot of situations where favoritism have played a factor. However most of the time they are there when asked to be. I love my co-workers and they are what I would miss most if I left this job. The hardest part about this job is when the store is slow there is not much to do. We always find things but it is so much better when we are busy. The most enjoyable part is being able to try new foods and meet new people. – less
Be prepared. It's Retail.
Bakery Team Member (Current Employee), Houston, TXAugust 20, 2014
As a manger, i set my own schedule but didnt appreciate the holiday season. Like most retail sales, the stroe was only closed on Easter, Thanksgiving and Christmas. This made for a terrible work/life balance.
High Ideals don't necessarily apply to the average worker
Cashier (Current Employee), Washington, DCAugust 19, 2014
Pros: perks, good benefits
Cons: store management, busy times, customers at times
A typical day involves dealing with many different types of people and overlapping duties that may or may not have been a part of your original job description. I learned that I have a vast amount of patience and that this may not be a good fit for me in the long run. Management is in a constant state of flux. It's best not to get used to seeing anyone – more... in the top tier of management stay too long. With the constant management change comes a constant store policy change which can be hard to get used to especially when there is little notice or reason given as to why these policy changes have been instituted. There is little support for the workers when it comes to enforcing store policy. It seems that catering to the wealthy is more important than following established and effective store policy. Co-workers are good to work with for the most part, although there seems to be a strong culture of favoritism when it comes to promoting individuals. Also senoirity tends to count for more than it should in some instances, especially when workers who have been there longer get away with slacking off and other offenses. The hardest part of the job is staying motivated. As I have stated before, the constant leadership and policy changes, the lack of recognition for accomplishments and the profits over people atmosphere makes it a demoralizing and energy draining environment. The most enjoyable part are the coworkers and the customers that are not pretentious. The benefits are very good. – less
Management team sucks!
Cashier (Former Employee), West OrangeAugust 19, 2014
Pros: discounts, food, co workers and customers
Cons: management team and lack of hours
I worked this job for about a year and because I wasn't under team leaders butt kissing it they gave me no hours! They claimed it was because I wasn't "smiling" much lol. Great pay buhh no hours! Whole Foods only cares for their dollar and the customers that keep bringing their money in. Great co workers and customers!
great place to work
TM/ Front End Manager (Former Employee), Santa Fe, NMAugust 18, 2014
Whole foods is a corporate place with a hippy attitude. Its the best of both worlds but a happy place none the less

1 2 3 4 5

About Whole Foods Market

Whole Foods Market owns and operates a chain of natural and organic foods supermarket. As of September 30, 2008, the Company operated – Read more

Whole Foods Market Photos