Whole Foods Market
1,395 reviews

Whole Foods Market Employee Reviews

productive
Cook (Former Employee), Colonie, NYMay 21, 2015
cook breakfast, prepare for lunch, cut vegtables and its was an enjoyable job
the hardest part of the job is managing the hours they give you and the scheduling .
Whole Foods Market was an ok company to work for.
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee), Newyork, NYMay 21, 2015
Pros: Paid time off, paid vacation
Cons: Short breaks, difficult to get along with management
Whole Foods Market was an ok company to work for. The store I was working at would get very busy during rush hours, the management department did not handle this issue promptly and efficiently so it made the job a bit more strenuous to work at for myself and my co-workers.
Meeting new people
Specialty Team Member (Former Employee), Boston, MAMay 21, 2015
Pros: Employee discount
A typical day at work at W.F.M wasn't always typical. Different people from all over the world would come visit the store. Since our store was the flagship store it brought us a lot of attention. I loved interacting with all the different types of people. It helped me learn a lot about different cultures.
Fun work place
Grocery Stocker (Current Employee), Danbury, CTMay 20, 2015
Pros: Great benefits
Cons: Lack of leadership
Enjoyed the people I work with, although management can be better. They can sometimes bring you down with the schedule because of how the would place you in other departments.
Great
Team Member (Current Employee), Dallas, TXMay 20, 2015
This is a fairly standard retail grocery environment. Efforts are made throughout the company to operate in an ethical, socially conscious manner.
Sam's Club
Grocery Team Member (Former Employee), New YorkMay 20, 2015
Pros: Ability to grow
Cons: none
Very fun place to work. Learned tons about the organic food industry as well as specialty items such as cheese, beer, wine and chocolate. Very well staffed and managed. Friendly work environment where everyone is working together to solve problems.
Comrades
Front End Specialist (Current Employee), Cary, NCMay 19, 2015
One after one, opportunity strikes to provide for a customer. I make my day go by attempting to provide for each one of them to the best of my ability. While also maintaining the morale of the comrades at my sides. Both are important to a healthy work environment and neither goal overtakes the other. As for the thing that makes me the happiest, it is making it through a day. Which sounds small, but in the end, there is an importance to the smiles on peoples faces. Especially those of my comrades. For they are the cogs that make every engine run smoothly. Where as, aggravation inevitably sets in from the many moods that string from those I work with, as per standard when dealing with multiple people with multiple ideas on how to achieve a goal with no organized idea. Most days things run smoothly but things always happen to become in the way. I have learned that the best way to move through any situation is to be fluid. There is nothing that can be gained by constantly fighting those around you. The line of command is in place to lessen the burden of such tribulations. They excel at their jobs.
very fun place to work
Stocker (Former Employee), st louis moMay 19, 2015
Just providing great customer service is awesome to the customers made this job fun for me and the employees. The job is a great place to work.
Very productive and fast pace
Cashier/Venue Cashier/Courtesy Clerk (Former Employee), Chandler, AZMay 19, 2015
Pros: Healthcare allowance
Cons: Not enough hours
Very busy and lots of work to stay busy, Learned how to work speciality equipment, and help in the venues. Co-workers were all team players and provided assistance when needed they walked the walk and talked the talk. My job was always enjoyable and easy to do. Helping customer was my most enjoyable part of my job.
Opportunities
Guest Services/Cashier (Current Employee), Highland Village, TXMay 18, 2015
Pros: Opportunities
Cons: Weekends
Whole Foods Market employs creative, committed employees. I enjoy the guest service experience. The hardest part of the job is deciding which bakery item I love best.
Whole Foods Market
Customer Server Meat Department Clerk (Former Employee), Baton Rouge, LAMay 18, 2015
Pros: Great food, great team, and i loved what i did.
Cons: if you dont like working with people then this isnt for you
I worked in the meat department. I worked with customers, mostly regulars that i would see. Before too long i new people by name basis. I learned how to cut meat and how to cook certain meats. It was really interesting at times the way some of the meat cutters would prep the meats. The team i worked with was awesome and probably some of the best workers ive worked with. Very dedicated to their job. Hardest part of the day was when we got a really random rush of people and there was only one or two of us to take care of. But usually we would get help from other departments if we needed. It was all about teamwork and we really helped each other out.
Brooklyn Review
Customer Service Team Member (Former Employee), New York, NYMay 17, 2015
Pros: Benefits, coworkers, management, good customers
Cons: Could give team members a higher discount at stores
It was very easy to get comfortable with everyone you were working with. Management was very fair and generally caring. The benefits are generally very good. There is plenty of opportunities to move up in the company. The hardest is when it is really busy. But, generally there are incentives to push you forward.
Fun Job
Food Service Worker (Former Employee), New York, NYMay 16, 2015
Great place i loved working here because i love food. Every day i would be all over the place making sure the displays were filled food was prepared setup counter displays. The co-workers are great friendly and always willing to help
Depends on store you work
Beer Buyer/Specialist (Current Employee), New York, NYMay 16, 2015
I have seen Whole Foods locations that are incredibly easy to work at and operate smoothly and others that are far more challenging to be productive within.
Innovative, Open Minded Company With Growth Potential
Whole Body Tem Member (Current Employee), Franklin, TennesseeMay 15, 2015
Pros: management, health benefits, fair wages, atmosphere, room to grow
Cons: mentaly exhausting at times
This company is beyond what I ever expected it could be. With great people and great benefits, it really is an ideal place to work. There is so much to learn here, and the opportunities to grow are limitless. I am very thankful to have been able to spend the past 5 years of my life here.
The best part of the job has to be the atmosphere. Everyone, including management, is upbeat and always wiling to help. The daily grind is not terribly hard, but customer service can be quite exhausting. However, the rewards that come with it completely outweigh the cons of the job.
The benefits are stellar, with health, vision, dental, life, and 401k offered. All at a very reasonable price if you are full time.
I have learned so much about customer service, marketing, retail, and anything else that comes with the job. They are always wiling to let you try new things and to grow as a team member. The opportunities are always there, if you are willing to go for them.
Overall, this company is wonderful. If you go into it with a great attitude, you are allowed to do anything you set your mind to here. All with an open mind and an open heart. It is a great place to work.
Good people
Demo delegate assistant (Current Employee), Market, NYMay 14, 2015
i meet great people, friendly coworkers, hard and unstable schedule, you get to know a lot of product knowledge and can try lots of the new products.
n/a
Over Night Produce Team Member (Current Employee), Brooklyn, NYMay 14, 2015
Working At Whole Foods Market is okay if you wanna talk about your co-workers, beside that everything else I believe needs more improvement. Thats is just my option.
Friendly work environment with room to advance
Specialty Team Member (Former Employee), Aventura, FlMay 14, 2015
Pros: Health benefits, growth potential, paid time off
Not as good as it's cracked up to be
Prepared Foods Team Member (Former Employee), Nashua, NHMay 13, 2015
Pros: free food in break room occasionally
Cons: fake's
Going into orientation they pump you up for this amazing company thats unlike any other company. but it was all a lie. It was just like any other company. You all get paid the same no matter if you work your butt off or do no work at all. Half the time the managers aren't even there when your working. This is just my experience at the Nashua NH whole foods. They are terrible. Don't work there.
Productive workplace
Cook (Former Employee), Chicago, ILMay 13, 2015
Great company to work for. I was with Whole Foods for 2 years and learned new techniques for cooking and furthered my customer service skills.

1 2 3 4 5

About Whole Foods Market

•Austin, Texas-based Whole Foods Market (NASDAQ: WFM) is the leading natural and organic food retailer, and one of the most – Read more

Whole Foods Market Salaries