Whole Foods Market Employee Reviews in United States

Found 2,449 reviews matching the search
Customer Service Desk Team Member (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMay 26, 2016
Learned how to Screen and direct phone calls and visitors as appropriate; Collected and processed customer transactions (credit, cash, check, etc);
Natural food store
Grocery Team Member (Current Employee) –  Pasadena, CAMay 26, 2016
Customer Service
Stock dry and cold shelves, Merchandise Product, Rotate Product, Face
Maintain accurate department signage and pricing, keep back stock organized
Place orders, receive product,
If you just want a job there's always a place for you
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Montclair, NJMay 26, 2016
I liked the paid time off and sick time once I accrued it.They do not compensate well for overachievers. They put on a great "ethical face" for public relations but, your experience will be most dictated by the personalities that you routinely work with and the efficiency and effectiveness of your management.There are plenty of different departments if you enjoy lateral movement. It's difficult to move up without being under-compensated for added responsibility. Management tends to turn over pretty frequently so the team morale changes pretty constantly.
Pros
paid leave, sick time, simple rudimentary tasks, merchandise discounts
Cons
Constant management turnover, overly expensive insurance plans, inconsistent scheduling is preferred, weekend hours, unreasonable work loads at peak hours, a lot of standing and walking, constant request to exceed job responsibility.
Love wfm
Front End Customer Service Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLMay 26, 2016
Provides comfortable environment to grow. Structured and cultured, learn new things on a daily basis. There is a lot of behind the scenes work that go into making the store run smoothly and it is so interesting to see how things run.
Pros
great team members
Cons
too many delicious food choices :)
Conduct cash transactions and reconciled cash draw for accuracy
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Hingham, MAMay 25, 2016
Provide excellent customer service by displaying all of Whole Foods’ core values
Conduct cash transactions and reconciled cash draw for accuracy
Fine establishment, good benefits/ wages, friendly all around
Cashier/ Customer Service (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAMay 25, 2016
Nice place, good friendly staff and management, great wages, discount, benefits ranging from health to 401k and nice promotions but not what I aspire to do.
Pros
discount, benefits
Productive fun place to work at
Grocery Team Member (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYMay 24, 2016
I honestly enjoyed my time working at whole foods. The management was overall very understanding. They also rewarded us a lot of times during work.
Nice Place
Cashier & Barista (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 24, 2016
I really enjoyed working here however with the recent changes and new management in my department every 6 to 8 months it was very mentally stressful.
Amazing core values
Prepared Foods Supervisor (Former Employee) –  North Miami, FLMay 24, 2016
The company has a great marketing idea and team members are very involved in developing it.
My job entitled supervising shifts and ensuring absolutely satisfying customer service.
stressful
Team Member (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMay 23, 2016
stressful but the employees are fun to work with.you can move up fast in the company and becomes part of management in a short time
Pros
15 min break plus your 30 gain sharing
Cons
not a set schedule very early or late hours
Great environment, with amazing people!!
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Oxnard, CAMay 23, 2016
Super laid back and easy going, amazing people, good pay, good hours! I felt it encouraged a healthier lifestyle, and increased my knowledge of different products, and organic living
Pros
Discount
Cons
All day on feet
It's not so bad
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Mount Pleasant, SCMay 22, 2016
Cashiering here is a busy job, there are usually large influxes of people at unpredictable times. Sometimes as a cashier you will have to ring up and bag large orders when your assistant is not available. Standing on your feet for long hours can be grueling and only getting 30 minute breaks, so you're on your feet 7.5 hours. As a cashier you are the last person customers encounter on their way out, so you hear all the problems and shortcomings of other departments throughout the establishment, they expect you to be the problem solver, it's your choice to enlist or not.
Pros
20% discount for employees
Cons
Insurance is so expensive and it doesn't offer as much coverage as you need.
customer service
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Rockville, MDMay 22, 2016
Duties included but not limited to: maintain potential customers by answering products questions.
Suggesting information about products and services. Resolving problems by clarifying the customer’s complaint.
Not as great as I had been told
Prepared Foods Team Member/Buyer (Current Employee) –  Marlton, NJMay 20, 2016
You hear a lot of good things about Whole Foods, they're Fortune 500's best of companies to work for. Yet my whole time working there has been nothing but oppressive and demeaning. Store Management has no idea how to run the store and my department managers and even more incompetent. The store is abundant with nepotism, those sucking up to managers get promoted quickly and their mistakes easily over-looked. The little guys do all of the work while the supervisors/managers take all the credit.
Pros
Healthcare
Cons
Breaks taken 2hrs into 8hr shift.
Prep/Grocery/Customer service
Prep/Grocery/Customer service (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NC 27408May 20, 2016
Prepared hoot food and maintaining hot bar.
Facing the product in the aisle.
Helping the guest find the product in store.
Stocking the Grocery Product.
Updating the tag.
Checking the dated
Pros
good team work, people are nice.
Cons
Short break, Muti task
They want you to belong to them.
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLMay 19, 2016
They want you to belong to them, mostly if you are full time, that is why they have such good benefits. Overall good company culture, unfortunately not everybody follows it. Best department to work: Whole Body. Worst, Prepared Foods.
Pros
Benefits, no discrimination on any level.
Cons
You belong to them, favoritism, depending on your team leader you do the job of 2 or 3 people.
productive and fun
Seafood Departments Member (Former Employee) –  Venice, CAMay 19, 2016
• Organized and prepared seafood display
• Customer Service
• Received all products, take inventory.
i received daily customers they would always ask for me to help them out
Fast paced, Great Team Members, Core Values, 150% Focus on Customer Service
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Denver, COMay 19, 2016
I loved the fast pace, multi-tasking and the freedom to do whatever it takes to "Satisfy and Delight" our guests. I learned something new about food, techniques and diet everyday. We work really hard but, make it look easy and have fun. My plan was to work at Whole Foods Market for a year and ended up there for eight and a half years. My Store Team Leader is an amazing leader and mentor to all Team Members. I started on the Customer Service Team, transferring to the Sea Food Team and Restaurant. Prepared Foods working the Chefs Case, sandwich, soups and temperature logs. While making sure the Rotisserie Chickens are cooked to perfection at 175 degrees and everything is clean, full and beautiful. The chickens weigh approx 37lbs that you have to lift over your head into a hot fire and then take them off the hot spit, and into the packaging carrying them to the hot table. I would have to say chickens became the hardest part of my job. I looked forward to my shift, seeing my Team Members and guests each time I worked.
Pros
Reviews, excellent benefits, discount 20 to 30 % and product I'm proud to serve, purchace and stand by
Cons
Never enough time in the day to get it all done.
great place to work
Cashier/Cash Office/Front Desk (Current Employee) –  Jackson, MSMay 17, 2016
team members are sometimes out of control and management doesn't like to deal with any communication issues. hard for departments to communicate with others many employees do what they want and make work hard on others
Great place to grow up
Lead Retail Support Analyst (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXMay 17, 2016
This was a great place to grow and work with many amazing people.

For me the most enjoyable part of the job was being there to support team members and customers, There was an overall sense of purpose and value behind much of the work and there were ample opportunities for both personal and professional development..
The culture of community is still strong in the stores, but at the corporate level it is suffering somewhat as the company struggles in the face of increased competition.

The company has undergone some restructuring and management changes over the past few years, As a result the balance between reconciling core values and the bottom line seems to be tipping toward the bottom line. Hopefully, they'll settle in and find the balance they once had.
Pros
The people
Cons
Culture is eroding