Whole Foods Market Employee Reviews in United States

Found 2,521 reviews matching the search
Good intentions, lack of direction
Whole Body Team Member (Current Employee) –  Littleton, COJune 30, 2016
Whole Foods has been a great company to work for, but their lack of direction and ideals for the company trickles down to the low level team members. It's easy to get into a full time position, but the lack of oversight for mid level managers leaves something to be desired.

The culture is fantastic and should be commended for that, but they also overstep boundaries and won't flat out say they require you to participate, but rather ostracize you if you don't partake in their odd ideology.

Making a career out of this company, as they often wish you would, leads to burnt bridges and high tension as they don't hold their standards from within.
Pros
Great benefits, good discount, team members are the highlight
Cons
No clear view of what the company's endgoal is, lack of advancement
uneasy place to work
outside service (Former Employee) –  Arlington, VAJune 30, 2016
Very repetitious much of the customers really didn't help to their car. I was basically just gathering shopping carts and from time to time return products back in place.
Pros
opportunities
Cons
supervisors
Productive and Fun
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJune 30, 2016
I honestly felt like I wasn't working for just the money. I honestly enjoyed working at whole foods. I loved coming into work just because I got to talk to customers and help them out with whatever they needed. The customers also saw my hard work and thanked me for it. Making their shopping experience fun and easy. I would even encounter rude customers but that never stopped me from being happy on the clock. I'm always positive and I loved working with my co-workers, nobody ever gave me a hard time in there and they always appreciated my hard work. I always helped out with whatever they needed help with. I never complained about anything at work, always had a positive outlook of things. The most enjoyable part of the job was going in to work and learning new things everyday. Every shift was different and I love change.
Pros
free lunch at times.
Cons
the 2 hour commute and not enough hours.
productive and a healthy place to eat
Grocery Buyer (Current Employee) –  White Plains, NYJune 29, 2016
educational fun and productive place to work. the food is healthy. you learn the different products that are organic and where it comes from. The environment is clean the customers are very loyal and nice. each department have heir own system. the team members are rewarded of their hard work by lunch coupons.
Pros
gainsharing
Cons
short breaks
Productive and friendly environment with many oppurtunities
Part time cashier and bagger (Former Employee) –  Newton, MAJune 29, 2016
Whole Foods Market offers many opportunities to those who show effort, productivity, and patience. The job is not easy but can easily be completed with a positive attitude and a friendly communication. Whole Foods Market is an overall great place to work that includes friendly team members, opportunities for advancement, and great customer service.
Unpleasant place to work
Cashier/ Supervisor in Training (Current Employee) –  Lynn, MAJune 28, 2016
Walgreens company does not pay their employees a livable wage. There is no growth in this company and they do no encourage employees to want to grow to better their lives and the lives of their family. I will never work here again!
Pros
nothing
Cons
horrible hourly wage
Fast pace and lively atomsphere
Team Educator (Current Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZJune 28, 2016
Managing inventory, loads, sales and customers in a typical day. Working with a wide variety of employees and customers. Large amounts of stocking and cleaning. Quality control and product placement are huge parts of the job. Management very approachable depending on the department.
good astompher
Produce Clerk (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJune 28, 2016
nice place to shop at very fancy and all the organic products people need in order to make the dinner plate nice people would go back
Best job ever worked for
Route Driver (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJune 27, 2016
Whole Food Market was the best job so far because the hours were great, great work ethics, diversified, benefits, bonuses, PTO, stock, pay, raises, management.
Pros
Team Players
Active/fun place to work
Bakery Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Westford, MAJune 27, 2016
Busy, fast paced environment with lots of opportunity to advance in the company. Flexible schedules to accommodate your personal life with work. management is willing to work with you to learn new roles.
Pros
flexible schedules, friendly management
Cons
Retail hours/weekends
Great Work Environment
Produce Service Team Member (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKJune 25, 2016
Lots of low morale among coworkers. Major layoff that was unannounced, causing lots of stress to former and current employees. My supervisor was highly inappropriate and my senior manager was very favorable of some employees over others regardless of performance.
Good balance of fun and professional
Juice Bar Produce Team Member (Current Employee) –  Elmhurst, ILJune 24, 2016
Lots of customers to deal with on a day-to-day basis, both good and bad.
Skills such as customer service, problem solving, and communication was learned/bettered.
Management was a little problematic. Mostly good people, but not the best for the work environment.
Co-workers are some of the best people I will ever come across, and I will be sad to part my ways with them when the time comes.
The hardest part of the job is dealing with problematic customers on a daily basis.
The most enjoyable part is all the good and nice people I got to know.
Pros
Good people, good pay
Cons
Short Breaks. Not enough employees to help out. A lot of schedule conflicts
The most enjoyable of the job
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJune 23, 2016
I love the jobs that i have had since i have started working in 2010. I enjoy being around people and talking to them about everything and to hear about what they have to say. I enjoy my job now working at Whole Foods. The people are so sweet and kind, its like me working at home with friends and family.
Pros
free 15 min breaks
Cons
the hrs, rude emplyees and customers
Fun place to work, Great environment
Full time Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Port Chester, NYJune 23, 2016
Working at whole foods I learned most of what i know now. The hardest part of this job was leaving. Management was great we were encouraged to work as a team.
An educational experience
Bakery \ Coffee bar Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNJune 23, 2016
LOVED LOVED LOVED Whole foods until I became a part of the mgmt. team.
Salary, benefits, coworkers were great. My work\personal life balance was very uneven.
Expectations Whole Foods set as their standards were unrealistic and unobtainable on a consistent basis
Pros
20% discount, learning from my customers, product knowledge
Cons
working thru breaks to meet the deadlines
Ladership is formed mostly of employees
Assist leadership (Former Employee) –  Landover, MDJune 22, 2016
Whole Foods Market allows team members to grow into leadership roles from lesser roles with proper training and willingness to stay alert to opportunity when it's posted.
Pros
room for advancement
Cons
n/a
Company is changing.
Special Order Buyer (Current Employee) –  Berkeley, CAJune 22, 2016
The company was good to work for a couple of years ago. The compensation use be a lot better compared to now as far as taking on more responsibilities.
great company to work for
Baseline Production, Store Baker (Current Employee) –  Andover, MAJune 22, 2016
management does take their time to develop team member to their true potential.
you dont have co-workers you have family members
the hardest part of your job is having really long hours during the holiday season. but it is also the most rewarding part because you make someone else's holiday special.
Pros
good health insurance
Cons
schedules are not flexible
Fun and Exciting work environment
Prepared Foods Team Member (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAJune 22, 2016
This was probably one of my favorite jobs because of the fun and hilarious people who I was honored to work with. There is such a great diversity of workers here, and I made memories and friends that will last forever.
Decent Pay, but lack of effective leadership
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Wexford, PAJune 22, 2016
Depending on you're department WFM can either be the best or worst job you've ever had. In my department the management was overly non-existent, and hardly supportive towards team members. The pay is pretty above average for the job type, but the overturn of team members and lack of incentive leads to a overall negative work atmosphere.
Pros
Decent pay, PTO available to full time team members
Cons
High job overturn, lack of responsible leadership