Whole Foods Market
1,311 reviews

Whole Foods Market Employer Reviews

Good Pay and Benefits
Associate Team Leader (Former Employee), Honolulu, HIMarch 28, 2015
Pros: Pay, benefits
Cons: attendance policy to strict
Great culture and very education based company. They train you on everything you will need to know for your job. Very good pay at management level. Very great company to work for and stay.
Fast Paced and Lively
Prepared Foods Team Member (Current Employee), Tucson, AZMarch 28, 2015
Pros: Store Discount
Cons: Very Corporate
Prepared foods team, working various venues with coworkers. I learned how to work in a kitchen and sort organic foods. Most enjoyable were the benefits.
Fun Job With A Family Atmosphere
Dishwasher/Food Prep (Former Employee), Omaha, NEMarch 27, 2015
Whole Foods was my first job ever. It taught me how to manage my priorities. My coworkers never let me sink or believe I was a failure on my most challenging days. This place made me the worker I am today. The only hard part for me was living up to my own expectations. The food was awesome! I will always love this place.
positive work environment
Lead Grocery Buyer (Current Employee), Danbury, CTMarch 27, 2015
Strong understanding of grocery department financials and methodology.

Responsible for all procurement activities within the grocery department including product ordering, inventory management, and financial analysis. Assisted ATL and Team Leader in running a successful department using a strong customer-centric approach combined with proven merchandising techniques to drive sales, grow revenue, and increase profitability by more than 20% in the first year.
Welcoming environment that recognizes employees accomplishments.
Prepared Foods Team Member (Current Employee), Danbury, CTMarch 26, 2015
Working for Whole Foods Market has been an enjoyable and beneficial experience. I have learned great multi-tasking and customer service skills at the company. Whole Foods Market is a welcoming and positive working environment.
Fast pace all around fun
Produce team member (Current Employee), New York, NYMarch 26, 2015
Pros: we get free lunch coupons when we go out our way to get something done.
Typical day at whole foods consist of dealing with some good or sometimes moody customers. my co-workers are awesome just like leadership in my department. Hardest part would probably be doing the trash, so many boxes and so little space.
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee), fleet stMarch 26, 2015
I learned how to be a team player by working here.Whole Foods taught me how to ring faster and helped me when learning about oraganic foods.
Fun and wholesome
Bakery Team Member (Former Employee), Glendale, CAMarch 24, 2015
Pros: great place !!!
Cons: none
I loved working here. I hope to work here again in the future.Management was so nice and i could talk to any of the store managers and they made me feel so comfortable.
Energetic,Reliable and resourceful to achieve a better Place
Grocery Stocker (Current Employee), Cypress, TXMarch 24, 2015
Pros: Launch time
Cons: Break time
It's important for the Compensation, the Benefits, the job Security an
My responsible and Challenging in the position have created the large fluctuations in customer traffic, and perform production and Customer service tasks these include hospitality, those from by my better reliable and resourceful. No day to work.
No hardest part of the job for me
No enjoyable part of the job for me
Treat their employees great!
Cashier (Former Employee), Dublin, OHMarch 24, 2015
I just worked there as a summer job but every employee I came across was nice and generally loved working there. Great benefits and they really care about their employees.
Working at Whole Foods
Specialty Service Team Member (Former Employee), Westminster, ColoradoMarch 22, 2015
Best job I have had so far. Benefits were great, co-workers were great, and Team Leaders were very helpful for your success.
Great work environment to enable myself to utilize all my talents and skills.
Buyer (Current Employee), Charlotte, NCMarch 22, 2015
Pros: benefits, compensation
This company has been an absolute pleasure to work for. The responsibilities that I have on a daily basis give me the opportunity to develop strategies and concepts that benefit not only my team, but the store as a whole. The culture and hard-working mentality is why working for Whole Foods is a pleasure.
WFM
Supervisor/ Fish Monger (Current Employee), Danbury, CTMarch 21, 2015
Pros: gain sharing, friendly coworkers, banking pto
Cons: no life, no set schedule, no control of what store you're sent to if promoted to higher leadership.
I found that while working for this company there is a lot of room for growth and success, if you would like to pursue a career at a grocery store. I like what I do currently, but I feel there is more to life, hence why I went to school. This company is all about the people you work with and there must be good leadership/role models to follow. I would rate it 8/10, but I would like to find another area of work.
Nice and competetive place to work
Baker (Current Employee), Milford, CTMarch 21, 2015
Pros: discount card, tag sail, birthdays lunch etc.
Cons: short breacks, meetings very early at morning, or very late at night
Every morning I start baking all muffins, scones, and all pastries to put in the Breakfast Case
I learned what important is the oven temperature to bake pastries vs pies or cakes, and what pastries need to be rise before baked
Is very funny works with another TM, we can share ours skills
The hardest part of my job could be when I don't have the main ingredients to prepare the recipes
The best and enjoyable part of my job is when I make a new recipes
and the result are really good, another enjoyable part is the pay day!!
Productive and fun place with good food
Cashier/Customer Service Supervisor (Former Employee), Bedford, MAMarch 21, 2015
Each day I would sign in with my special team member number, then go to checkout/customer service area and help bag, collect hand baskets, help behind the customer service booth and return items customers didn't want or need and ring on a register if necessary. I learned customer service skills and how to stay mentally resilient. Management was nice. My coworkers were great and very friendly people. The hardest part of the job was trying to help customers who seemed unwilling to be helped. The most enjoyable part of the job was getting free samples of good food and meeting and being surrounded by really great people.
Model compensation plan, great room for advancement
Specialty Supervisor/Safety Manager (Former Employee), New York, NYMarch 20, 2015
Pros: great workers
Cons: favoritism
1.Employees MUST be at work on time no matter what.
2. Customer service turns anyone made of iron into titanium.
3. Your team becomes such a close knit circle, like family
4. The hardest part is being a target of or witnessing favoritism
5. The most enjoyable part is having everything go wrong sometimes, being flooded with customers, having the day be over, and knowing that you and your employees managed to hold everything down, that we all could rely on one another and do whatever needed to be done.
Productive and happy people to work with
Prepared Foods Cook (Former Employee), Fort Lauderdale, FLMarch 19, 2015
Excellent organization, fun, good benefits and compensation.
Lots of room to move around and grow, with many locations as well.
The healthy, organic foods are great, with variety
Productive, room for growth
Cashier Team Member (Former Employee), New York, NYMarch 18, 2015
Pros: bonus check every month
Cons: schedule changed every week
Always busy and never a dull moment. Customers would come and build a rapport. If you felt like getting promoted, it was up to you to apply and display why you are fit, it didn't matter how long you were with the company.
Hard work an obey the rules
Metro Maintenance Repair Technician (Current Employee), Wellesley, MAMarch 18, 2015
Every day i learn new things.
Better work more quality.
Understanding business better.
Providing learning skills on work.
I serve gently to customers.
Cold and difficult workplace
Selector (Former Employee), Cheshire, CTMarch 16, 2015
Pros: new skills
Cons: cold enviornment, heavy items, tireing
Starting out was a little rough, since I had to learn new things that I never used before. In the end, the work just didn't cut out for me, and I couldn't meet the demands the company asked for me. I would very much prefer to work at their stores instead of their Distribution Centers.

1 2 3 4 5

About Whole Foods Market

•Austin, Texas-based Whole Foods Market (NASDAQ: WFM) is the leading natural and organic food retailer, and one of the most – Read more

Whole Foods Market Photos