Whole Foods Market

Whole Foods Market Employer Reviews

Workplace
Customer Service Team (Former Employee), Jackson, MSJuly 26, 2014
Whole Foods Market is a great place to work. I was immediately nominated for Supervisory position days after starting employment. I enjoyed my co-workers and the time spent with getting to know the customers. There was no hard part about this job.
fast work pace
Order Selector (Former Employee), Munster, INJuly 26, 2014
pulling orders, shipping product, riding pallet jacks, forklifts, and reach trucks
Enjoyed working for Whole Foods Market
Customer Service Supervisor (Former Employee), Sarasota, FLJuly 25, 2014
Pros: was given additional responsibility when desired, supportive culture, great team members
Cons: frantic pace at some times, customers interrupt each other in order to get your attention
Excellent Company with enjoyable work atmosphere. Team member happiness is important to store leadership. Desire to learn and gain knowledge in many departments was fostered.
Love customers
Accounting Specialist (Current Employee), Medford, MAJuly 25, 2014
Working as a supervisor in the front is a wonderful experience. Everyday is a different experience with customer. enjoy every second.
Very enjoyable environment.
Cashier (Former Employee), River Forest, ILJuly 24, 2014
Pros: diverse workplace in age, gender, and culture. wonderful job experience
Cons: collecting carts when it was raining
I loved working here. Wonderful team, pretty good pay, and understanding managers. The hours were very good for school at the time. I learned a lot more about how to give great customer service and gain pretty good experience in cashiering. The hardest part of the job is cashiering during the Holidays. The lines would be long and packed with groceries. – more... The most enjoyable part was being able to converse with the customers and still feel a sense of realness at work instead of feeling trapped and limited. – less
different
Front End Cashier (Former Employee), manhattan, newJuly 24, 2014
patience
enojoyable
coworkers were understanding
different
Cooking at Whole Foods
Cook / Front of the House Customer Service (Former Employee), Tampa, FLJuly 23, 2014
Pros: discounted items in store, health care benefits, 401k, great pay, and great hours
Cons: because of the many hours worked, there is no balance between life and work.
We had goals to reach each day, cook from about 5-12 dishes in large quantities a day, clean the kitchen, prepare ingredients for the next day and so on.

Learned more time management skills, multi-tasking skills and dealing with multiple people in heated environments.

Management is great, very understanding people, and are always willing to put themselves – more... in your shoes. In short they are on your level at most times.

Co-workers were great to work with, even in the most stressful of times, they were supportive, and had your back no matter what.

Hardest part was balancing real life and work life. You can easily end up working anywhere from 50-70 hours a week.

I really enjoyed cooking for others, and working with others they were like a family. – less
very fun learning experience
buyer (Former Employee), Troy, MIJuly 23, 2014
Pros: pay was decent
Cons: little room for growth and upward mobility.
I had fun with work and enjoyed the opportunity to connect with people from the community.
Great place to work with great healthcare, a few drawbacks however.
Produce Buyer/Specialist (Former Employee), Colorado Springs, COJuly 22, 2014
Pros: freedom to order product and take risks!
Cons: life outside of work didn't really exist.
Typical day at work started at 5 am. Responsible for setting up the floor, delegating work out to team members, writing the orders among other administrative work, and ensuring the p.m. crew was set up for success. I learned a lot about time management, critical thinking, and working with many different personalities. The hardest part of the job wasn't – more... the physical labor, nor the administrative work; but the people and working with many different attitudes and motivation levels. The most enjoyable part of this job was being able to put a plan together, order for it, motivate the team about my vision, and of course MERCHANDISE IT!! – less
Fast-paced, multitasking, overall busy
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee), New York, NYJuly 21, 2014
Pros: sometimes free food
Cons: strict breaks
The environment definitely helps to cope with fast-paced work speeds. I learned more about food than I ever have meanwhile working with many coworkers at once in a very friendly environment. What mattered the most to me was staying busy as it helped balance my focus on priorities in a non-stop fast-paced environment.
great company
Produce Team Member (Current Employee), Virginia Beach, VAJuly 21, 2014
good company to work for!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Productive, fast paced and fun, great company culture and core values.
Prepared Foods Team Member (Current Employee), Milwaukee, WIJuly 20, 2014
Pros: stable, fast-paced, very positive, great pay/benefits/advancement opportunities.
Cons: limited part time hours.
Whole Foods Market embraces not just the people who shop there, but also the people working there. The job entails lots of hard work and dedication, as well as product knowledge, ability to work under pressure, and flexibility in areas (bouncing from chef case to deli to panini area, to pizza in a single shift if needed). The associates hired are all – more... hired under the same qualifications: knowledge of core values, ability to perform tasks with outstanding ability, and personalities that encourage others and allow customers to experience personal interactions and even establish friendships. The environment is positive, and I completely love it. – less
Good job, Good Benefits, Great Team members
Supervisor (Former Employee), Newtonville, MAJuly 19, 2014
Pros: good benefits and gainsharing
Cons: travel distance
The Whole Foods Market organization is a good place to work, it can be stressful dealing with the public but if you can handle taking on the needs of others before your self while on the clock then you have most of the job down pact. the hardest part of the job is the travel distance as i live 60 miles from my current store and make just enough to cover – more... my bills and gas, What i enjoy most is the people, between team members from all sorts of backgrounds and even the customers who on a good day will have a joke to tell or a story we may enjoy the people make the job what it is. I have learned that working as a team is the only way we can succeed not only in this industry but in life itself. – less
Safe working environment
Cashier (Current Employee), Redmond, WAJuly 18, 2014
Pros: best people to work with
Working at Whole Foods is enjoyable from the people you work with to the customers who come in to shop. I learned a lot about my own skills and abilities from working with this company. The management is very supporting and try to keep the team members best interests at heart. The hardest part of the job is saying goodbye to team members who move on – more... to other careers. The most enjoyable part of the job is learning new skills and being given more responsibility. – less
Fast paced work environent.
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee), New York, NYJuly 17, 2014
Whole Foods Market is a great company to work for. I have learned a lot about being a team player and working together in order to satisfy any client inquiries.
Fun place, good discount
Contract Sign Painter (Former Employee), Encino, CAJuly 17, 2014
Made everything I wanted to make there with quite a bit of autonomy.
Whole Foods
Team Member (Current Employee), Austin, TXJuly 17, 2014
I enjoyed my time at Whole Foods very much, but a chance for promotion was not available.
Overall--very disappointing
Slave laborer (Former Employee), Addison, TXJuly 17, 2014
Pros: benefits are amazing, 20% off groceries
Cons: not always guaranteed a break, if you spend your time working hard instead of spending your work hours sucking up, you won't get very far
I worked at the Whole Foods in Addison,TX. The general work ethic I witnessed was a bunch of lazy coworkers and team leaders who get away with doing very little, while a few team members with good work ethics pick up the slack. It's possible to move up within the company, but it has nothing to do with how hard you work. Instead, advancement is based – more... on how well you play the "kiss a**" game. In my time there, I witnessed some of the laziest people move up in the company. They did so by socializing and fraternizing with higher ups while their coworkers worked twice as hard to get their work done. Instead of recognizing people who work the hardest, upper management and team leaders will promote you based on whether or not you "toe the line" and conform to their ideas and become part of their "clique". They are not looking for hard workers and almost seemed threatened by those who are. If you are "let go", be prepared to be escorted out the door as if you were a common criminal for all to see on display. – less
Overall, a great place to work.
Customer Service (Current Employee), Naples, FLJuly 16, 2014
Pros: decent benefits, good company culture, opportunity for advancement to a point.
Cons: situation specific
Overall, Whole Foods is a great company to work for. In general, they care about their employees and offer better wages than the similar positions of competitors.
promotes from within
Culinary Demo Specialist (Former Employee), MAJuly 14, 2014
Pros: good company culture, promotes from within, some good benefits and extras
Cons: they are currently only hiring part time across the company for team member level positions
a great company to work for that will you opportunity to advance as far as you would like as long as you are willing to put in the time and show your dedication to the company.

1 2 3 4 5

About Whole Foods Market

Whole Foods Market owns and operates a chain of natural and organic foods supermarket. As of September 30, 2008, the Company operated – Read more

Whole Foods Market Photos