Whole Foods Market
1,111 reviews

Whole Foods Market Employer Reviews

Seafood Manager (Former Employee), Austin, TXNovember 20, 2014
Pros: great benefits
Cons: work life balance could sometimes get a bit crazy
Whole Foods was an awesome place to work. Great company culture and there was a lot of room to advance. I learned tons about all aspects of the grocery industry through day to day work and also helping open numerous stores.

Management was very supportive of out of the box thinking and taking chances.

My co-workers were great. I made many lasting friendships – more... working at Whole Foods.

The hardest part of my job was getting up at 3am to set up a seafood case.

I enjoyed everything else at this job. I have no complaints. – less
Great Leader and great people skills
Customer Service Associate Team Leader (Current Employee), Memphis, TNNovember 19, 2014
My name Dorah Mattison, I am currently employ by Whole Foods Market as a Customer Service Associate Team Leader.
I have been working for this company for over a decade now. I started as a bakery team member working full time while attending College full time. I received my degree in Business Administration/ Finance in December 2007.
I have lots of experience – more... in retail. I worked as a store receiver for a year where I deal with high volume of paper work, invoices, checks and build a great relationship with vendors.
As a leader in customer service, I am responsible for over 60 team members. I deal with hiring, scheduling, payroll, store financial, reconciliation and mentoring my team.
I enjoy my job, for I consider myself as a great leader. I always enjoy a good challenge and am not afraid of work.
I am currently looking to be in a financial institution and I am willing to learn new ways. – less
It's great, but now what?
Associate Team Leader (Current Employee), Short PumpNovember 19, 2014
Pros: compensation/benefits
Cons: work/life balance
The amount of money and benefits I get for the job I do is incomparable. In and of itself, this is great, but when you decide it's time to move into another business, field, or just get away from the intense demand of retail work hours; it's hard to do without coming up short on bills.

I don't know that this is the case for every location, but at the – more... particular store I work in, the culture is presented as one thing, but really is something less positive and encouraging for many.

The leadership there seems to have a hard time making decisions without a corporate big-wig telling them how to run their business, and the amount of time it takes to have a resolution on what often seems to be a simpler problem than is made out to be can get frustrating.

Don't let this be misleading, it's the best company I've ever worked for, and while the management has its shortcomings, they're very competent, possessing many strong suits, and have often been a priceless tool in my own development and mentoring. Overall, I'm incredibly satisfied with my time there. Well worth the effort and loyalty I've given for many years. – less
Employees are GREAT
Fresh Deli Case Supervisor (Former Employee), Salt Lake, UTNovember 19, 2014
Pros: great co-workers
Cons: too much management
Management not so great. Like that old saying too many chiefs and not enough Indians. They were always quick to notice if you did something wrong, but if you went the extra mile for something else you were not recongnise for your hard work. Most of the people that you work with were fun, sometimes hard dealing with angry customers.
it was ok
Temp job (Former Employee), New York, NYNovember 18, 2014
had to work in a private college and some supermarkets
co-workers were cool pay was not good though
Giant headaches every time I went home.
Prepared foods team member (Former Employee), Albany, NYNovember 18, 2014
Pros: 20% discount
Cons: healthcare is too expensive, favoritism, managers are terrible, no hours...the list goes on.
I wanted to work for this company because my friend absolutely loved it. I worked at a different location than she did and from what I experienced, it was a nightmare. Managers play favorites so unless you're a good *** kisser, don't even bother with looking to advance. They gave the hours to people who did the least amount of work and didn't clean – more... at all. They'll try to fire you over absolutely nothing if they can get away with it. I didn't feel respected there at all and I left because my manager didn't take her job seriously and was a very horrible person. If they don't like you, you'll know because its basically like high school where everyone talks negative behind your back. Customers were rude and at times very aggressive. If I were to ever work at Whole Foods again, it would NOT be for this region because they are absolutely terrible. – less
Productive work place with room to grow
Customer Service Cashier (Seasonal) (Former Employee), New York, NYNovember 17, 2014
Everyone is friendly and very helpful. Very busy but not chaotic.
Fun work place with it's ups and downs
COOK (Current Employee), Orland Park, ILNovember 17, 2014
Pros: fun work environment, nice employees, understranding management
Cons: poorly organised schedules, no consistancy in scheduleing
Everyone has specific duties and stations. It is hard to manage two jobs if this is one of them, schedules are posted Thursdays before next work week so it is hard to plan ahead for other jobs. Employees are nice and fun to be around. Management and communication needs work.
Productive and Fun
Demonstrator (Former Employee), Southern Pines, NCNovember 17, 2014
I was doing a demonstrating job for BARetc. Giving out samples of Sangria, and also informing the consumer about the product. Overall, I got a lot of wine sold. The staff was very friendly
great company excelled with whole foods market but moved to arizona.
team member (Former Employee), Los Altos, CANovember 16, 2014
great company excelled with whole foods market but moved to arizona.
A healthy grocery store with products you are proud to promote
Floral/Produce Team Member (Current Employee), Winston-Salem, NCNovember 16, 2014
Pros: 20% employee discount
Cons: healthcare for part time employees is expensive
Whether I am working in floral or produce, freshness is key to my daily routine. Product quality is maintained by rotation of stock and culling. I have learned about types of produce and how to prepare them, how plants are grown and the standards that Whole Foods adheres to to ensure the highest quality product. This is important to our customer base – more... as they come to Whole Foods looking for healthy and wholesome foods. In our store, and other stores I've noticed, the co-workers tend to become a second family. Everyone is friendly and caring, which makes this a great place to work for. The greatest part of my job is creating a memorable experience for the customer. I really love making someones day with a beautiful floral arrangement. There has been a recent change in management style to a top-down, more corporate feel. As I worked for Whole Foods previously my experience was that I could take ownership of my position, whereas now most of what I do must be approved by management. – less
Rude guests, but a great team and management
Cashier (Current Employee), Baton Rouge, LANovember 14, 2014
Tons of rude people come into this store. Co-workers and management help make it easier to deal with them. Ideal job for students that do not want to work in a restaurant, but want a good wage.
Engaging workplace
Cashier (Former Employee), jenkintownNovember 13, 2014
Pros: positive work enviornment
Cons: challenging workload
Whole foods is an incredibly intimate and close knit place to work. The employee/employer relationships are based upon a set of values the company holds stating that there are no real superiors, everyone is apart of a team. Customers love how friendly and easy going whole foods is a market.
Good place to start your natural industry career.
Grocery Associate Team Leader (Current Employee), Saint Paul, MNNovember 12, 2014
Pros: good benefits, discount on groceries.
Cons: deductible is really high on any medical coverage.
Popcorn schedule. Great peers that you work with, and a good customer base. Management can be hit or miss.
It was definitely a fair and fun place to work.
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee), South Weymouth, MANovember 12, 2014
Pros: lunch at work!!
Cons: short breaks
The typical day at work would be fun and fast paced.. The customers were very pleasant! i learned how to use the registers at whole foods, and i learned MAJORLY about organics and how meat is produced and fruits and vegetable and about animals! My coworkers were the best ever!! I enjoyed working with every single one of them, when we had no customers – more... we would work as a team to keep the front end clean and we would tell silly jokes and take walks around the store to learn more about what we sell. The hardest part about the job was trying to remember all of the PLU numbers for the fruits and veggies, BUT it was a fun challenge for me! I enjoyed working for this company and i would work for them forever if it were a career! – less
Fortune 500 with a secret
Prepared Foods Team Member (Former Employee), Providence, RINovember 12, 2014
Pros: 20% off discount, very good benifits, pto hours
I spent 1.7 years working for Whole Foods Market, specifically on Waterman Street. I was a team member in the Prepared Foods department, and I worked front of house or pizza. I quickly learned that (at least within the department I was in) everyone was miserable under the happy faces that we were being paid to put on. Many hated the team leader because – more... he did not appropriately support and guide the team, and many times he seemed "checked out". There is a lot of favoritism being played in the store, tricking all the way down from the store management. If you are able to do the most physically demanding job in the store for the same amount of pay as the cashiers, then this job is for you. Know that I personally walked into work every day with fear of losing my job (and so did others). If not, I would recommend the customer service team, bakery team, grocery team, or produce team. – less
After 3 years
Supervisor (Former Employee), New York, NYNovember 12, 2014
Pros: great culture, great products, opportunity to help people
Cons: in the search for the almighty dollar the core values are often forgotten
It is a very stressful company to work for at least at the store level. The amount of pressure placed on management from Regional leadership trickles it's way down to the Team Members, bringing down moral.
When I started with the company it was an amazing place to work. In recent years cutbacks have happened that have affected events that are supposed – more... to boost team member moral, such as in store birthday parties, holiday parties, and the annual team member appreciation week. – less
Progressive, Professional and Personal
Grocery Team Member (Current Employee), Davis, CANovember 11, 2014
Everyone acknowledges the store as one team. My product knowledge began to be taught from the very first day. I've never had a question go unanswered. Management is given the tools to help and care for their employees. Their sincerity shows as strongly as their professionalism. In order to work for Whole Foods Market, you must truly care for your community. – more... Take pride in bringing more wholesome food to your neighborhood. Look forward to interacting with every person that comes to you. Every customer is a reason why each shift is different than the last. – less
Amazing job, I still can't stop talking about the perks of this place
Venue Supervisor (Former Employee), Austin, TXNovember 9, 2014
Pros: healthcare, reasonable hours, great team, random benefits (massage, etc)
Anyone who can get a job at Whole Foods, should.

They believe in taking care of their employees and show it in every choice they make.

The employees all seem happy there because they are genuinely taken care of.

You won't work more than 40 hours. Your upper management team is all rooting for you and supporting you in every way possible.
company that really cares about its employees
Customer Service Courtesy Clerk/Cashier (Former Employee), Valencia, CANovember 6, 2014
The company offers great pay and amazing benefits. How much you like the job depends on who you work with.

1 2 3 4 5

About Whole Foods Market

•Austin, Texas-based Whole Foods Market (NASDAQ: WFM) is the leading natural and organic food retailer, and one of the most – Read more

Whole Foods Market Photos