Whole Foods Market
1,336 reviews

Whole Foods Market United States Employee Reviews

Ecclectic workplace.
Shift Leader (Former Employee), Manhasset, NYApril 17, 2015
The most enjoyable part of the job is delighting and satisfying the customers. Fascinated as to the effort it takes to sell high quality organic delicious food.
Friendly, fast-paced environment that is customer focused.
Whole Body Team Member (Former Employee), Fresno, CAApril 17, 2015
Pros: team member empowerment, room to grow and advance, good health benefits, and freedom of expression
Whole Foods Market is focused on providing the best customer service possible and offering groceries with high quality standards. There is a culture that flourishes on individuality and empowering team members. There is a strong belief that supporting team member happiness will lead the way to excellent customer service and sales.
Great Work Culture and Environment
Customer Service Team Member (Current Employee), Hinsdale, ILApril 16, 2015
Pros: Team member discount
Cons: Long work days on your feet
As a team member of customer service, the days at work can be long but the team members make it bearable. Between excellent supervisors, team leaders, and other team members, work is much more enjoyable.
It is a nice place to work
Grocery Team Member (Current Employee), New York, NYApril 16, 2015
It is a nice place to work and grow with the company, but Team Leaders don't give you the right and proper training they give you the position without training you once you mess up your fired.
Fun atmosphere and nice people
Bakery Team Member (Former Employee), Chapel Hill, NCApril 12, 2015
Pros: great benefits and people
Cons: retail hours
Whole foods market was like a family of great and supportive people. They got along well and were unified in their goal of delivering the highest quality to their customers.
Fun and relaxed workplace that has a great culture and environment.
Associate Team Leader (Current Employee), Lynnwood, WAApril 12, 2015
Pros: team member appreciation week, meal vouchers for a job well done, relaxed work environment
Cons: pay
A typical day includes reviewing sales from previous day and entering them into our scheduling system to stay up to date on weekly sales projections.
Working on the floor with team members giving excellent customer service, suggesting and selling customers on products. hy
Management is thorough and trustworthy.
Hardest part of the job is grumpy customers.
Best part of the job is being excited to go to work every day.
For being a grocery store, its nice
Meat Cutter (Former Employee), Sugar Land, TXApril 11, 2015
Pros: paid lunch break
Cons: It is a grocery store.
This place does not force you to clock out for lunch.... Instead, you take your two breaks together as one 30 minute break. That really makes a difference in the work/life for me. The Whole Foods crew is three times bigger than HEB in terms of hours worked to sales made. With HEB labor cuts over the last four years, it might be four times more labor. The work at Whole Foods is more tedious, but there is less heavy lifting and way more customer service.
Great company. I enjoyed working at whole foods market.
CASHIER (Former Employee), Somerville, MAApril 8, 2015
Whole Foods Market is great company to work for. They treat their employee very well. The management is also very friendly and helpful. The co-workers were all very friendly and easy to work with. I learned lot of new things like different produce which I had never seen before. I learned to use the register correctly and efficiently. working there was fun for me.
Good Company
Customer Service Team Member (Current Employee), Brooklyn, NYApril 8, 2015
Pros: team work
Cons: favoritism
you meet a lot of interesting people from different places. I learned about organic foods and GMOs. I didn't really like the scheduling and favoritism towards the vets that worked there longer then the rookies. I like that we all work as a team, especially when the store is busy. This experience built my customer service to another level. I have learned different Technics to deal with customers so they can leave the store wanting to come back.
Great company for work. Well recognized and respected in the food industry
Team Leader (Former Employee), West Orange, NJApril 8, 2015
Pros: great benefits
Cons: no overtime
My day would start off by checking with my team in the department insuring we are organized and ready for business every morning. I would then check-in with whoever is in charge of the store to make them aware of my presence, followed by my daily duties. I learned that being a good leader you have to lead by example. The communication with the management team was very open and direct. My co-workers maintained fun and creative environment to work in. I think the hardest part of my job was seeing the people I promoted leave after establishing a great relationship with them. The most enjoyable part of my job was keeping a high moral with my team and helping people.
Great Energy
OVERNIGHT GROCERY SERVICE TEAM MEMBERS (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAApril 8, 2015
Whole Foods Market Is A Great Place To Work. Great People. Great Management. Really One The Best Places To Work In My Opinion. Very Calm Environment & You Can Learn So Much Every Day.
Good people making a difference
Produce Team Member (Former Employee), Chicago, ILApril 8, 2015
Pros: Team Member Discount, Excellent Pay, Great Coworkers
There's a Whole Foods "type". They're open to conversation, care about the planet, and LOVE food.

I was working produce. Food preparation isn't really my thing, so that wasn't very fun, but being on the floor was wonderful. Helping a customer find the right apple, or explaining the ratings on different farms = more please.
great company bad leadership at my dtore
Team Leader (Current Employee), albuquerque CarlisleApril 8, 2015
Pros: benefits, good pay
Cons: hostile work environment
Very hostile work environment, everyone wonders who is getting fired next. The store performs well so it covers up the leadership. Over all whole foods is a great company been employed there 4 years as a team leader. Be carefull working at the Carlisle store especially if your male. All of us in leadership are looking to transfer out. The other store is awsome highly recommended.
working with Wholefoods over all is a fun place to work.
Catering Assistant (Current Employee), Alexandria, VAApril 7, 2015
The typical day at wholefoods is working with my fellow team members in the kitchen and helping and delighting customers with a beautiful platters and with a nice customer service. When I start working at Whole foods, I had no idea about American foods. After working with them now I feel like I know everything about their foods and how to cook. The hardest part of the job is that to work n the kitchen when it is very hot outside. Also working with more than 80 people in the kitchen by itself is hard however I love to work and interact with others, so that makes it a fun place to work
not a fun olace to work
Assist cooks (Former Employee), Pembroke Pines, FLApril 5, 2015
did not like working there. the co workers were very rood to each other. the hardest part of the job is the grumpy costumers.
Great work enviornment
Meat Team Supervisor (Former Employee), Naperville, ILApril 3, 2015
in this environment you will consistently be challenged to maintain very high quality standards. this is a customer service based environment. what the customer wants the customer gets.
Great Pay and Atmosphere
Food Prep (Former Employee), Augusta, GAApril 1, 2015
There is nothing like thee atmosphere at Whole Foods Market. Even better is being employed there. With Great pay and benefits, it is hard to try to think of anything bad to say about this job place. All coworkers and management are not only happy to be at work but seem to look forward to it.
Great pay and benefits overall, bad work environment.
Maintenance/Porter (Former Employee), Oklahoma City, OKMarch 31, 2015
Pros: Discounts, No dress code, PTO, gain sharing.
Cons: gossiping, unfair treatment. not being recognized for your hard work.
Working at Whole foods you have great benefits which include gain sharing, 2 raises a year also PTO. The down side of working there is the gossiping and slander of the fellow co-workers.
Not for me
Prepared Foods Specialist (Former Employee), Boise, IDMarch 30, 2015
Horrible training and bad management.
Lack of communication and positive reinforcement
Great benefits and discount
Whole Foods Cupertino
Customer Service/Front Ends (Current Employee), Cupertino CAMarch 30, 2015
A typical day at Whole Foods Market is clocking In at the time clock for your shift. Then checking in with a supervisor to see what your duties are for the day. Giving great customer service. Making sure they are happy with there shopping experience. Doing service outs, checking prices, offering sales through the week/ one day sales are all great steps to management. Co-workers are a huge part to the customer service team. Simply asking for help from another team member is always a great choice. Team members are always willing to lend a hand. I would say a challenging part of this job is getting familiar with produce codes (PLU). Having to memorize over 100 codes can take some time. The most enjoyable part of this job is my team member discount card.

1 2 3 4 5

About Whole Foods Market

•Austin, Texas-based Whole Foods Market (NASDAQ: WFM) is the leading natural and organic food retailer, and one of the most – Read more

Whole Foods Market Photos