Whole Foods Market Employee Reviews

Great, but not in management
Associate Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 15, 2018
While the perks are good, a job in management will leave you stressed out and missing out on your life. It isn't worth the exhaustion and misery for a grocery store, unless you are a lifer.
Pros
Great perks and benefits for full time employees
Cons
Stressful, crazy hours
Fun place to work
Team Educator (Former Employee) –  Encinitas, CAJanuary 15, 2018
Fun and relaxed place to work, can be stressful at times but overall its a pretty lax environment. I would recommend to anyone that's looking into working for Whole Foods that they should
Great employer
Seafood Team Member (Former Employee) –  Coral Springs, FLJanuary 15, 2018
set up the department, mange sales customer interactions and track inventory. great place to work offer great benefits wish my school schedule had never interfered
It was ok
Prep Cook/Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJanuary 15, 2018
It was not so bad place to work. I had fun. One time we went to the zoo. The zoo is kind of a messed up place though. They give us a lot of rewards there
Great advancement opportunity, but low pay
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  San Francisco Bay Area, CAJanuary 15, 2018
The greatest advantage of working for Whole Foods Market is the opportunity for advancement and the great team atmosphere. Unfortunately, the pay for the level of responsibility and work life balance is low (low pay and inconsistent & varying shifts/hours), which creates high turnover and leaves many team members struggling to fulfill the needs of the departments. Also, team members are inconsistently paid for the exact same position (one team member could easily be paid several dollars per hour more than another, for the exact position/responsibility level).
Excellent place to work with room for advancement.
Associate (Current Employee) –  Denver, COJanuary 15, 2018
Whole Foods is a great company to work for and I intend to continue employment with them in the event I do not obtain a firefighting position. We work hard but the work place is enjoyable and the store works as a team.
good job
Meat Specialist (Former Employee) –  Schaumburg, ILJanuary 15, 2018
whole foods had a cool culture that allowed growth in the company if you are willing to move stores and departments. i enjoyed the discounts the most
Pros
good discount
Cons
non constant schedule
Management and co-workers were pleasant to work with.
Culinary Team Member (Former Employee) –  Arlington, MAJanuary 15, 2018
I enjoyed working at Whole Foods; however many co-workers were unreliable and I often worked extra shifts daily or weekly to cover their hours. Sometimes rules were inconsistently reinforced depending on the employee or manager. Workload was heavy, but I welcomed a busy time and it helped me to create a more efficient work ethic.
Pros
Discount and collaborative work enviroment
Cons
Inconsistent procedures
Great place to work, Great team members
Produce Clerk/Floral Designer (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJanuary 15, 2018
I very much enjoyed working for Whole Foods Market and would return to working there. Team members were kind and helpful in all areas of business. My team especially worked very well together and were very knowledgeable.
Pros
Benefits, Discounts, Positive Environment
Family oriented teams
Customer Service Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Cupertino, CAJanuary 15, 2018
Your WFM experience will depend on the store, but they all typically try to support their team members as best as they could. They will work around your availability and try to provide you with the hours you need. I worked for customer service, which is usually the team most people start off at. If you find that you might want to work in another department, they are willing to cross train and possibly transfer. They are big on the points system and expect frequent evaluations. First raise is after 6 months, and after that, every year. I believe the most you can get on your first evaluation is 5%, and they will discuss room for improvement.

I have worked at multiple WFM and can tell you that some are better than others, as far as work ethics and management. I've seen some play favorites and let evaluations get personal, which impacts your raise. Some management can be lazy and sit behind the customer service booth, micro managing all employees.

For the most part, my experiences at WFM were good! They promote a healthy life style and always encourage you to speak up if there is something you're not satisfied with. The perks are also good! Team members have always been so welcoming, and everyone is helpful and knowledgeable of product! If you're new, there is ALWAYS someone to assist you in each department.
Pros
your employee discount can grow, you sometimes get free food, there is room for advancement for everyone
Cons
doing carts in the heat, late hours, job duties become repetitive and easy to get bored

Want to know more about Whole Foods Market?

Ask a question
Group Hugs all around
Associate Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJanuary 15, 2018
The culture here is collaborative and you are asked how you feel a lot. If that kind of things give you the eye rolls keep walking. Whole Foods is a great place to work and there is a lot of room for advancement as long as you are willing to do the work.
Pros
Benefits and culture.
Cons
Schedule
Greeat Company
Post daily sales (Former Employee) –  Coral Gables, FLJanuary 15, 2018
Great place to work for they beleive in team work, managers want to see you grow within company. The company made me feel vauled and appericated. I would recommend this company to anyone.
Wonderful company
Prepared Foods Team Member (Current Employee) –  Tarzana, CAJanuary 15, 2018
Great place to work, team members are helpful and you learn a lot it can be fast pace at times so if your looking for a more relax environment this is not the job for you.
Pros
employee discounts
Cons
would be nice to have more hours
High Quality Training, Products, Vendor Relations & Customer Service
Product Specialist, Lead Buyer, Team Member (Former Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCJanuary 14, 2018
I shopped at this company when it was a co-op of 3 stores and the co-op members were also employees. Later, I joined the team as a product specialist and buyer, where I had a number of opportunities to compete with professionals holding my same position in other regions. Winning for my region in one product category, the company sent me to Nicaragua to learn about cooperative vendor production models and better marketing these business's products to Whole Foods customers.
Pros
Creative, High Energy, Competitive, Service Oriented, Highest Quality Products
Cons
Retail Hours Include many weekends and holidays. Physically Challenging.
it was a good part time job
Meat Clerk (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, WAJanuary 14, 2018
part time job was decent... liked the people and management. Liked the focus on safety. it was a good place to learn and grow. they had good incentive programs for sales and such
Stepping Stone
Supervisor-Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Manhasset, NYJanuary 14, 2018
Whole Foods was a great place to be for rapid growth. They focus on skill set rather than seniority, which makes advancement very fair. I enjoyed my time there.
Good place for beginning employee
Barista/Team Trainer (Former Employee) –  Dedham, MAJanuary 14, 2018
My experience as an employee for Whole Foods Market was positive. There were a few drawbacks (relatively low pay, low career advancement options), but for what I was expecting/wanting at the time, this was a great place to work. My first manager's communication style did not harmonize with mine, but after he left and was replaced by a more open, friendly, and less Machiavellian manager, my experience was much better. I'd recommend an entry level job at this company if you enjoy serving people, do not care much about fast career advancement/high pay, and don't mind working hard. It's not a great sell, I know, but I really enjoyed the environment of the workspace, as well as the diversity and friendliness of most of my co-workers.
Pros
20% discount on all products
Cons
Pay not commensurate with workload, low career advancement options
Good Job
CASHIER (Current Employee) –  East Providence, RIJanuary 14, 2018
Everything was good until I changed my schedule. It's restricted, but no flexibility, so not a lot of hours now. Other than that, the people are nice, store is nice and small, & the job is easy.
Pros
Everything else
Cons
Schedule switch = minimal hours
Do not plan on staying long
Grocery Team Member (Former Employee) –  ColoradoJanuary 14, 2018
Most people at whole foods really do not like their work and take it out on their other team members. The bulk of the responsibilities are picking up after team members that dont want to work very hard. Leadership has a very hands off approach, and they are all trying to get a promotion because that is the only way to make a decent living off a low paying job.
Pros
discount
Cons
Poor working environment
nice company
Maintenance Supervisor and produce Team Member (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 14, 2018
I really enjoyed working for whole foods market great pay and good benefits. great opportunities. over all I will recommended any one to apply to work for whole foods markets

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Whole Foods Market. Our community is ready to answer.