Whole Foods Market Employee Reviews

Found 2,990 reviews matching the search
great place
Seafood and Meat Department Team Member (Former Employee) –  Ventura, CAJanuary 19, 2017
a typical day at whole foods market was stocking the product on the shelves making sure everything was nice and neat. I would also help and greet customers, I would also check temperatures and log it.
Pros
free food
Cons
shorts breaks
Great Place to Work
Specialty Team Member (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCJanuary 19, 2017
This is a company that treats their employees with respect. A very enjoyable work environment in my experience. Management was nice and thoughtful. Workload was manageable.
bleh
Produce Assistant Manager/Store Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAJanuary 19, 2017
the company went more and more corporate every year. they cut all the great perks for the job. no team builds, 5% percent raises unless you kiss major butt.
great place
Counter Person (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 19, 2017
i enjoyed my time there. assisting guest with their orders. making them feel at home by using their names whenever possible. ensuring all guidelines are being followed
It's cool place to work always people greeting very friendly
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Miami Beach, FLJanuary 19, 2017
I learned alot about customerservice the management needs improvement hardest is remembering the code for the produce section but the customer are always greetings & very open minded
Pros
Hot bar is good 401k is great
Cons
We get 2 breaks healthcare & 401k is good
not a good place to work if you have a family
Coffee Bar Manager (Former Employee) –  Centennial, COJanuary 19, 2017
No work/life balance. Compensation is low and they don't promote advancement for some positions. Departments such as coffee do not get any recognition. The list goes on.
Pros
discount, good team members
Cons
management has unrealistic expectations and don't care about work/life balance
Great experience
Sous Chef (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 19, 2017
The Store Level Management seemed like they really cared. However, the Regional Management could care less about employees.
bad experience
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJanuary 18, 2017
Started as a good company but has changed and the culture is gone. Management will conspire against you. If they want u out your home.
Pros
insurance. team member discount
Cons
culture is gone. dont really care about people anymore just profit
Decent place to work. Is what you make it.
Prepared Foods Team Member (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJanuary 18, 2017
There is room for advancement is you look the part and are willing to forfeit a lot of time and put in extra effort.
But if you're just looking to collect a paycheck you can do that too. Just show up on time (they have stringent late policies), do your job, and smile at customers and you could easily collect raise every year.
They do have very good benefits, but that's only if you are full time. I worked there for over 2 years in hopes of being offered a full time position and it never happened.
Pros
20% discount
Cons
Nametags
Really great people, but the company has lost its way in all the restructuring.
HR Generalist (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 18, 2017
I liked working there, but it depended on who your manager was. The people around me were great, but the company is changing and restructuring a lot and it isn't really the same.
Pros
Discount
Cons
Hiring mostly PT
Whole Foods
Associate Store Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZJanuary 18, 2017
Early mornings to have all ready when the doors open. Never pallets or products in the isles. Learned more about team work then ever. Working with special orders is part of a normal day.
Great experience
Reciever (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJanuary 18, 2017
Started as a bagger worked my way into the administration team and had a blast working with local and regional farmers. Management gives you ample time to learn other fields of interest withing WFM
Pros
Great experience and room to grow.
Cons
Can get quiete busy in the hollidays but nothing uncontrollable.
Fast Paced but Enjoyable
Bakery Team Member (Current Employee) –  Rochester, MIJanuary 17, 2017
The employees are all fantastic to work with, management included. Teams are often spread thin so as soon as your shift starts you have to keep a fast pace. Customers are overall incredibly nice, but have very high expectations of team members.
Fun environment, great benefits
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Davie, FLJanuary 17, 2017
Despite only working there for 3 months, it was a very welcoming environment with amazing benefits, the best I've ever received from a job. The coworkers I had were very friendly, and it's a very positive environment.
Pros
Monthly meetings filled with positivity and rewards
Cons
Strict policies.
Great people
Prepared Foods Chef (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLJanuary 17, 2017
The people make this company great, although it has turned to a more "corporate" company. Still pretty fun but not what it used to be in years past. I value the things I have learned from the more experienced chefs.
Fun, fast paced work environment
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXJanuary 17, 2017
checking customers out via point-of-sale system, resolving customers issues/ wants/ needs

I've never worked with better management, co-workers & teamwork at any job in 7+ years

Hardest part of my job is when we are at high-volume times and out of specific items that the customer drove 30+ minutes for

most enjoyable part of my job is the kind and patient customers as well as my awesome team and management.
Pros
20% off all whole foods market items
Cons
short breaks
Amazing Team Members
ASSOCIATE STORE TEAM LEADER (Former Employee) –  1640 Chicago Ave, Evanston, IL 60201January 17, 2017
Sometimes favoritism is a factor in hiring decisions. Excellent Team Members. Great Training provided for Team members. Work Life Balance is talked about but rarely acknowledged.
benefits
Cons
work life balance
Great place to gain experience but the company changed for the worse as far as advancement opportunities and pressure put on management
N/a (Former Employee) –  N/aJanuary 17, 2017
The snowball effect from corporate onto store leadership really takes the fun out of working for such a great company. Too much favoritism and lack of cooperation between management and team members pits employees against each other.
Pros
Benefits, great starting wage and company events
Cons
Changes in corporate makes it harder to advance
Agile Scrum Master / Coach (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXJanuary 17, 2017
People are great to work with. It is like a small family.
Company core values are above standard companies.
Things are always changing so you never get bored.
Amazing
Grocery Stock Clerk (Current Employee) –  Albany, NYJanuary 16, 2017
Best job I have ever had. Great pay, Great work environment, Great co-works, and most of all great bosses. The customers are so kind and the work is very easy once you get in the rhythm of the work space. So many opportunities to advance and so many different departments to that will allow you to work with them on your days off. You get a 20% employee discount and the food is amazing.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Whole Foods Market. Our community is ready to answer.

Whole Foods Market Reviews by Location