Whole Foods Market

Whole Foods Market Employer Reviews

great work place
cashier (Current Employee), coral gables, FlApril 12, 2014
Pros: meet new people every day
Cons: dealing with upset customers
its a fun and family orientated place to work. benefits are great and you have awesome co workers.
Great Workplace
Produce Supervisor (Former Employee), Thousand Oaks, CAApril 12, 2014
Great enviroment very political. move up into new positions with experience.
A good company to work for, very considerate
Team Leader (Former Employee), Salt Lake City, UTApril 10, 2014
-Check and answer emails from my store team leader and my regional leaders. At the same time reviewing sales and making sure that all my team members were at work, say hi to everyone and become informed on the upcoming issues of the day.
-Check back rooms and inventory levels since I ran 3 department and many food venues. I also wrote the schedule for – more... over 50 team members which I led.
-My superior Team leaders and regional Team leaders were calm and well spoken no matter what issue may come up. They helped me grow as a Leader in ways that I could not imagine. The job required personal growth also, which helped me with my personal relationships.
-My co-workers were very insightful and helpful. We all worked together as team leaders to come up with a great creative ideas.
-The most difficult part of the job was trying to perform well in my role with many team members that had a tendency to call in sick. With such a large team they felt like there was anyone that could pick up their slack. But I also had outstanding team members that rose to the challenge in those situations. Those team members were inspirational. Made me want to work harder for them.
-The best part of the job was to be able to interact, lead and coach such a good large group of people and to see that my leadership led to those team members to get promoted and grow in personal ways and at work. – less
Supervisor at whole food's
Supervisor (Former Employee), Miami, FLApril 9, 2014
Every third Friday in every month wholes holds there monthly meeting. we talked about sell and profit. I was the supervisor for the hot food bar. I meet new people day to day and show good customer service. Being the supervisor of that department I manage nine other people in the day to day operations. working there was amazing because my love of food – more... and working with people. – less
Great place to work for college students
Team Member (Current Employee), Cupertino, CAApril 5, 2014
Pros: free lunches, team builds, and samples
Cons: micromanagement, dog eat dog mentality, lack of recognition
A typical day at work for me is an all-store face of departments. Then, a face of the aisles assigned. This varies highly due to the capricious nature of customer demand. I learned how manage my time wisely, how to face product, handle cash, help customers find their desired items. Management at this store leaves something to be desired. The co-workers – more... are usually college aged and lack responsibility. The hardest part of this job is the lack of recognition. The most enjoyable part of this job is talking to customers. – less
the christhmas party they held for the employees it really sucked
Line Cook (Former Employee), Pembroke Pines, FLApril 5, 2014
a typical day of me working at whole foods was pretty good, my manager the one who hired me, is awesome and funny and a good guy.
good place to start working after school.
sanitation/maintenance (Current Employee), Evanston, ILApril 4, 2014
Pros: meet new people
Cons: not enought hours78
good place to work not enough hours. great people to work with. duties keep store clean and safe for the customers and workers.
fun environment to work in
Front End Supervisor (Current Employee), Fairfax, VAApril 4, 2014
fun and local food in a hip grocery store specializing in organic food. There is a big team to supervise and always a lot of things going on. We are a big and busy store and we help thousands of people every day.
Learn new every day
Grocery Department Manager (Current Employee), Cambridge, MAApril 4, 2014
One of the best place to work.New challenges every day. well benefits are available for employees and over all great company.
good place, few bad apples
Associate Team Leader Prepared Foods (Current Employee), Jackson, MSApril 2, 2014
I truly love(d) my job with Whole Foods. I love seeing people having a good experience with both being a guest and working on the team.
Great place to work with a good environment and people
Produce Team Member (Current Employee), Hingham, MAMarch 31, 2014
Pros: discount at the store, good environment
Cons: flexible hours
I have enjoyed working at Whole Foods Market and would recommend this job to anyone.
Your experience is highly dependent upon your department/management
Produce Production (Former Employee), Upper Arlington, OHMarch 31, 2014
Pros: good culture, good benefits
Cons: workload can be stressful
My position required mostly 5am shifts which made me miserable for a year, but most of my coworkers were amazing and the work I did in the produce department was challenging and enjoyable.
Good Company
Customer Service (Former Employee), Dedham, MAMarch 31, 2014
Great business but not so friendly workplace getting used to meeting new people everyday allowing to gain you meet wonderful customers and gaining a relationship. Very busy when holidays come.
Stress and unloyalty. Unrealistic expectations. Quantity of food without quality.
Cook (Current Employee), Salt Lake City, UTMarch 28, 2014
Cons: most of the time i can not take a break. too bussy.
Start at 8 am. At 10:30 I have to have 12 different kinds of salads and 4 kinds of desserts. From 1:00 pm until 4:00 pm I am responsible for maintaining all these 16 spots plus 10 more with hot food. Management never happy and never say Thank you.
I most enjoy when I cook some of my meals and the customers really enjoy it and appreciate it.
Lots of room for creative expression, however, lacked any management or established structure.
Team Educator (Former Employee), Huntington Beach, CAMarch 28, 2014
Pros: adopted a much healthier life style.
Cons: no structure to help keep employees in line.
I quickly grew bored or working the deli and packaging up food for customers so one of my managers let me move in to the back where the kitchen was. Which allowed me a lot more freedom pertaining to the amount of work I did, the type of work I did, how I presented myself, and how long I would work each day. Once in the kitchen, I began first prepping – more... for the large salad bars, after a few months I got the hang of how much food and which ones to prepare for the coming days. At which point I began to cook for the hot bar in my spare time. I was one of the quickest people to be promoted to Team Educator. At which point I was also in charge of organic paperwork and audits, health inspections, and training my team on all aspects of the department. The first two months I worked there we had a department manager and then he got fired. This left the department in complete chaos. Store management began firing anyone that had worked with him out of fear that they were influenced by him which made the atmosphere and day to day working life quite stressful. Over all the company had good core beliefs. – less
Fun workplace
Cashier/Bagger (Former Employee), Dedham, MAMarch 27, 2014
It was a good experience. The company is good to their employees.
productive workplace fun environment
Team Member (Former Employee), pembroke pinesMarch 27, 2014
Pros: great management, knowledge of heathy products, discounts, fair breaks, awesome vacation time
You gain a large amount of knowledge about al the products in the store.Management is fair and laid back.You can talk to them about anything. Very upbeat work environment . Co workers are friendly and helpful . The company itself is excellent.The only part that may be difficult (depending on your department)is restocking . Freedom to be yourself ,there – more... is no strict guidelines on physical appearances i.e. tattoos,piercings.Because the management is great you eally want to do your best. – less
Involved in non-profit organizations
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Houston, TXMarch 26, 2014
Pros: free samples
We always started out the day productively. Whether it's loading ice, cleaning areas,or assisting customers with groceries. The management was great,always hands on. my team members were awsome,always was willing to help. The hardest part of the job was having to get baskets,especially on a hot day. I loved talking to our customers and introducing them – more... to our new products. – less
Great benefits poor pay for warehouse work
warehouse worker (Former Employee), Pompano Beach, FLMarch 24, 2014
Pros: good benefits such as dental, health, 401k
Cons: poor work environment
Not the place you want to work if you like warehouse work. Start pay 12.10. U gotta kiss u know what to get raise hard work don't get it. Less than 1800k a month with 2 dependents. Get your money up and leave like every one do.
It's a living
Team Member (Current Employee), Seattle, WAMarch 24, 2014
Pros: team member discount 20% off everything
Cons: target demographic treats the companies employees like trash, pay is not very good compared to unionized grocery stores
I have enjoyed increasing my cooking skills and improving my time management and organizational skills. Management has been pretty bad in the past but is on the mend thanks to recent regime changes.

Hardest part of my job is keeping my supervisor off my managers back. She is notoriously hard to work with and has burned through many team members in – more... my 3 years working there.

Even though I am studying Networking/IT, I love to cook and regardless of my celiacs and myriad of other food allergies, they saw me competent enough to move me into the kitchen where I can shine.

I often question the hiring practices of my company. I have attempted to get my cook friends jobs there, people I consider very competent, and they have had no luck. Yet, the people they hired for Front of House operations are quite incompetent. I have had to act as a supervisor during times of people quitting or being fired.

Overall it has been an interesting experience but I am so far beyond ready to get into the IT field and start building working knowledge of what I have studied. – less

1 2 3 4 5

About Whole Foods Market

Whole Foods Market owns and operates a chain of natural and organic foods supermarket. As of September 30, 2008, the Company operated – Read more

Whole Foods Market Photos