Whole Foods Market Employee Reviews in United States

Found 2,587 reviews matching the search
fun workplace
whole foods (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 29, 2016
I work a day of flexible time, I learn to stock department and enjoy with the team, package, labeled and priced cold food items
Calmest Customer Service Experience
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Fairfield, CTJuly 29, 2016
I can say that I have been in customer service since I started working at 19. Whole foods bring in different people and provide a clutter free environment that I believe doesn't upset the customer and their shopping experience.I really enjoy working for this company.
Pros
Rewarded for coming in on days off
Cons
breakfast or lunch can be steep
fun and friendly environment
team member (Former Employee) –  WauwatosaJuly 29, 2016
The culture here is amazing. I've made lifelong friends. but the company overcomplicates a grocery store and it makes it very difficult to work together with other teams and be successful because everyone has their own agenda
Chill bosses and fun place to work.
Prepared Foods Team Member (Former Employee) –  Palo Alto, CAJuly 29, 2016
People were awesome at Palo Alto, CA. Relaxed place to work. Co-workers were the best. Free food and other products. Management were down to earth. Also, every 2-5 paychecks we get bones, which is awesome. Best part about the job is the fact that the people next to you do their jobs, and you don't have to do yours and theirs like in some other places.
Customer Service in deli department.
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZJuly 28, 2016
This grocery store has a wide variety of organic and fair trade products.
Whole Foods provides a very safe and friendly workplace for all of its employees.
whole foods
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Manalapan, NJJuly 28, 2016
nice work place, team leaders are very nice and flexible. management though isn't the best, occasionally can be stressful from time to time overall good pay and benfits
Pros
Great pay
Cons
managment
Great Company to work for
Venue Manager (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJuly 28, 2016
Loved working here. Expectations are high from management and customers but for good reason. Great place to start from the bottom and find your way into a position that fits you and your future. Learned so much from other team members, management, and vendors. This company really looks out for you and your future.
Pros
long breaks, great benefits
Ever changing,always in the news
Bakery Associate&CustomerService (Current Employee) –  Swampscott, MAJuly 28, 2016
When I started,I was excited and ever learning but recently,alot has changed in managment and alot is not for the good..so after 11plus years I need a change and always love the atmosphere of your store !!! Hope you consider a woman of experience ,thank you
Pros
discount, 401k
very productive place to work
retired chef (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJuly 28, 2016
it was a great place to work for. met a lot of awesome people and learned a lot. had open heart surgery while working for wholefoods. employees donated 5 weeks of PTO hours to help me out during my time out. never have I!ve seen this before. great people, great place to work for.
Pros
took advantage of 20% discount
Cons
great health care
fun workplace
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 28, 2016
Laid back, great benefits, very friendly... Great leaders. Easy job. Great pay, flexible scehdule.....................................................
Productive great place to work with a t.v upstairs.
Baker/ Butcher Associate (Current Employee) –  Los Altos, CAJuly 27, 2016
My first week on the job was great everybody had a smile on their face and accepted me instantly it still has that homey feel. customers are not afraid to walk up and ask for help, and workers are not shy in helping them. Management does not feel the need to boast about they're positions when thy are out on the floor they blend right in with the rest of the workers which is awesome.
Over WFM Experience
Specialty Service Supervisor/Buyer (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 27, 2016
While the advancement opportunities could be nice, restructuring, work place demands, and company changes contributed to mixed workplace feelings, and and uncertain future.
All around decent company
Specialty Department (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLJuly 26, 2016
Awesome place to work to learn about all kinds of foods and health supplements. Great benefits. Decent pay. Fun place to work. Cool people to work with. Nice employee discount. I work with a very unique and diverse amount of team members which makes coming to work even better. :)
Pros
Laid back yet strict on policies and procedures.
Cons
Not enough pay for cost of living in downtown Miami.
Great job which helped provide for me and my family
Prepared Foods Buyer/Leadershipr (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJuly 26, 2016
Up until 2014, WFM was a great place to work with emphasis on team member happiness and a casual atmosphere. The actions in last few years, reported in most media, have shifted the focus of WFM from employee friendly and health conscious to a "compete at all costs" mentality since there is now so much more competition in the organics and healthy food market. This resulted in the laying off of 1500+ employees in late 2015 and a revamped direction in which both seasoned and new team members could potentially be given only part time hours or separated in order to reduce company health insurance spending overall.
Pros
Benefits, fellow team members, environmental and health focus
Cons
Management- specifically last 2 years
Lacks original goals that were part of its origin. Corporate Greed just like every place else.
Chef (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJuly 26, 2016
Competitive pay rates that are slightly above other grocers, however its not extra you will work hard for it. Interesting atmosphere. Prepare to be overworked. Advancement system is a con like others, you can advance but will not be compensated. Needy customer market based on giving the customer anything he or she asks for.
Pros
Learning about other foods.
Cons
Customers, neglecting employees, innappropriate work dialogue.
Fun work place. Everyone is a team player
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CAJuly 25, 2016
Great company room for growth. You are able to have fun at a professional level and leadership is always available when employees have concerns
alot of competition
Produce Clerk (Former Employee) –  Fairfield, CTJuly 24, 2016
this company has a lot of firing for very simple reasons that could be avoided and easily solved.
Also scheduling is another problem that managers had problem handling it.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
slow advancement
Whole foods is very difficult to make a career out of.
Grocery Buyer/ Backup Receiver (Current Employee) –  University Place, WAJuly 22, 2016
Whole Foods is currently restructuring and eliminating most higher up jobs, making advancement in the company very challenging.
Bad Times
Team Member Associate (Current Employee) –  Addison, TXJuly 22, 2016
Whole Foods Market has changed drastically since 2013. A typical work day is you without any management performing far too many tasks at once. The lack of leadership allows for team members to perform however they want.
Cons
Breaks are looked down upon. I work full time hours when I am a part time employee.
A typical day at work.
Grocery Associate (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJuly 21, 2016
Great place to work. Eventually they will part of the top companies to work for. Improvement for less genetically modified products.
Pros
Lunch, Family based nature.
Cons
N/A

Whole Foods Market Reviews by Location