Whole Foods Market Employee Reviews

Found 2,698 reviews matching the search
Very fast paced, productive workplace with room to grow.
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Bellevue, WASeptember 16, 2016
Very productive and fun workplace. Management, team leaders co-workers always ready to lend a hand. Moved to Seattle from Colorado and team was ready with pointers of all kinds regarding Seattle-Bellevue area and all information pertaining to the job, organic farmers and products. Really enjoyed working there. Learned a lot!
Pros
Free food to sample almost every day
Cons
Lunches could have been a little longer than 30 minutes.
Whole Foods Market
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Venice, CAAugust 22, 2016
A typical day at Whole Foods Market is pretty interesting. You meet all kinds of people from all walks of life in a matter of minutes! I've been with the company since 2006 while I pursued my degree in illustration. I've learned a great deal about customer service and about working in a team setting. My co-workers are amazing as I've met many life-long friends. Management is chill, too. The hardest part is trying to not become too comfortable because I have skills and a passion for illustration so I have to keep a clear focus. The most enjoyable part are my co-workers and friends!
Very fun fast paced
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Sebastopol, CAAugust 24, 2016
I loved working for whole foods. I hear they are rated one of the best cooperations to work for considering medical benefits. They worked around my school schedule. They paid very well considering the pay scale of other grocery stores. I didn't stay long enough to use them but we were given paid sick days off as well as paid vacations. The staff was very friendly and very helpful during the training period.
Pros
12.00 hourly wage. Very friendly staff
Cons
you had to adhere strictly to the conduct guidelines
Great atmosphere and people to work with
Frontend Team Member (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CASeptember 6, 2016
Daily customer service and cashiering has helped me develop my communication skills. Team members work well together and help each other out. The open door policy we have makes it easy to communicate with supervisors and team leaders. Its a very casual atmosphere and self expression is encouraged.
Pros
Flexible schedule and benefits
Cons
Each week not all hours are a complete 40 hours and pay is low considering its San Diego
Great Company to work
Prepared Foods Team Member (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVSeptember 11, 2016
Great Company to work. Very chill and your manager ALWAYS ask you how are you doing and do you need any help. They ALWAYS want you to go on two paid 15min break between if you have 6 hour shift and you also get unpaid 30min lunch break. All the workers are always happy and I never heard anyone said I don't wanna work or anything like that. In general management don't really want you to stress out so that you can provide a good and friendly customers service. The benefits of 401K and other stuff is Ok, nothing special. Even if the company is great of course there's always a bad apple anywhere you go. You will not get along with everyone in this world.
Great workplace
Grocery Team Member (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXSeptember 14, 2016
I loved my job here, but it was time for me to leave. My coworkers were awesome and it was the perfect balance of work and free time. However, management was, most of the time, subpar. Schedule changes without letting the team members who were affected know was common, as well as disproportionate discipline and enactment of company policies.
Overall, I loved my time at Whole Foods, but the last several months were a train wreck. I was given full-time upon graduating, but had it taken away from me when I was on vacation because apparently it was given to me illegally. I was promised a promotion and left with unfulfilled promises and a harsh reality check upon entering the real world.
pleasant place to work
Cash Up/Accounting Supervisor (Current Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 15, 2016
During my typical work day I am responsible for ensuring the store is opened on time by providing all monies for cashiers, as well as the cash office functions are properly done by the team. Throughout the day I complete various administrative duties as well, including answering phones, reconciling and coding invoices to various accounts for payment, identify discrepancies in data and statements, follow up with vendors on any issues. I also provided strong customer service and resolved customer issues.
Pros
Team member discounts
Cons
free health care after working 20, 000 service hrs, snack break and lunch break
Very team oriented and passive
Grocery Team Member (Former Employee) –  Torrance, CASeptember 22, 2016
Team leaders greet us before our shifts start and wish us a good day at work, lets us know what needs to be done. Gives us our assignments.

I've learned the value of teamwork and customer service, to persevere among pressure.

Management has an open door policy, team members can talk to management any time of the day to discuss topics within the company.

Co-workers are supportive, and willing to help when needed.

Juggling the high requirements during the holidays

Helping customers and seeing them express their gratitude when serviced
Pros
Discounts on food products
Cons
High expectations
Production warehouse
Production Worker (Current Employee) –  Thornton, COSeptember 22, 2016
Team leaders show no respect for members of their teams. We were/are just cogs in the machine.
Warehouse leadership shows no vision or basic knowledge of properly scheduling a production day.
Basic communication from warehouse leadership is hit or miss at best.
Does not show much in common with common WFM core values.
Most employees are unhappy but glad to have a job.
Warehouse is load dirty and disorganized.
Pros
Free coffee
Cons
Work conditions
Sinipit of my Whole Foods exsperience
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Los Altos, CAAugust 16, 2016
I learned their are more healthier choices you can make with nun processed foods and to stick to the healthy salads. Management was ok I didn't really like the way some managers were treating some coworkers as in favoritism. Hardest part of the job was the schedule because at the time I didn't have reliable transportation and they were scheduling me way past the times the hours I was able to have transportation home. My favorite part about working at Whole foods is learning and sampling some of the new foods available.
Pros
Good discounts
Cons
Having to be voted on the team, point system
Decent job, but certainly not what I expected
Cashier/Porter(Janitor) (Former Employee) –  3135 Washtenaw Ave, Ann Arbor, MIAugust 15, 2016
Co-workers were the absolute greatest. The friends and connections I had there were honestly some of the best I've ever had. The job itself was very corporate towards the end, which changed the entire feel of the job. Many things seemed to go against what the customers wanted, which was a complaint I heard very often. Overall the job was not highly skilled and could be done with relative ease, but expectations were ever-changing.
Pros
Co-workers, Simplicity, Some (but not a lot) of room to move around/up
Cons
Sometimes Randomized and on-the-fly hours, lack of respect/help for many tough positions, complaints/suggestions rarely acted upon, VERY quick to fire people over small mistakes.
Change is happening
Front End Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia PAAugust 11, 2016
The company prides it's self on taking care of it's team members and giving back to the comunity, and it does take care of it's team members and we have great benifits. But that seems to have taken a back seat when the company's stock dropped a bit. they started cutting positions and giving leadership less support to do their job. I have seen coorperate agendas pushed over the core values the company claim to run on.
Pros
The people who work there are great
Cons
The culture has change to be more coorperate
Fast paced, Self-motivated, Loving enviroment
Meat/Seafood Clerk (Former Employee) –  Schererville, INAugust 8, 2016
A typical work day started out with customer service and going straight into action! Helping customers was my favorite considering we ran an old-style butchery in a newer market environment. Every day was a new day when it came to learning. I took it upon myself to learn something new everyday. The hardest part of the job was the extensive cleaning required in a short amount of time. The most enjoyable part of the job was the friendliness at the job.
It's a very flexible job that pays you more than most grocery stores. It has changed though ever the layoffs in November 2015
Cheese Specialist/ Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Sugar Land, TXAugust 6, 2016
It's a good job when you're in college but not long term since they're going through a restructure. The moral hasn't been the same but the pay isn't bad. Benefits are somewhat ok and the managers tend to care more about you. I'd recommend this job to anyone who's wants a decent part time job
Pros
Competitive pay
Cons
Current restructure might hurt chances of advancement
Repetitive work place, nothing new.
Specialty Team Member (Current Employee) –  Paramus, NJAugust 12, 2016
Day consists of moving and rotating products, engaging customers.
Learned a lot about the specialty products ( beer, wine, cheese, and coffee).
Management is a mess, all over the place not one straight directive.
Coworkers are the best part of the job.
Hardest part of the job, is the management and knowing all the new products in the store.
Pros
Coworkers are sociable and great people.
Cons
Management is a mess.
Lacks original goals that were part of its origin. Corporate Greed just like every place else.
Chef (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJuly 26, 2016
Competitive pay rates that are slightly above other grocers, however its not extra you will work hard for it. Interesting atmosphere. Prepare to be overworked. Advancement system is a con like others, you can advance but will not be compensated. Needy customer market based on giving the customer anything he or she asks for.
Pros
Learning about other foods.
Cons
Customers, neglecting employees, innappropriate work dialogue.
it was an great place to work
Team Member (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 18, 2016
started very early set up display case with cold food items and work the counter for the day. it was very fast paste and it seems like everyone was in a hurry. there was a standard to follow and the did it. co-workers were fun got to meet a lot of new people. hardest part of work was getting up at 4am to het to work for 6am everyday. most enjoyable thing was serving the customer
Pros
store discounts
Cons
food, healthcare
not the company it once was, many, many good people and good morale boosters are gone.
TEAM LEADER (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKJuly 15, 2016
big cuts in all areas but not at the right levels of the company, not enough labor to keep up the whole foods appearance/expectations in all departments. not a lot of commitment to "core values", except where the public can see. was amazing company to work for until recently and i'm sure there still are those stores that are amazing to work for, but do some serious due diligence before you decide.
Productive great place to work with a t.v upstairs.
Baker/ Butcher Associate (Current Employee) –  Los Altos, CAJuly 27, 2016
My first week on the job was great everybody had a smile on their face and accepted me instantly it still has that homey feel. customers are not afraid to walk up and ask for help, and workers are not shy in helping them. Management does not feel the need to boast about they're positions when thy are out on the floor they blend right in with the rest of the workers which is awesome.
An amazing place to work, learn and grow!
Store trainer and translator (Former Employee) –  Boulder, COSeptember 17, 2016
Typical 8 hours shifts in a high volume store dedicated to the highest standards of customer service. A place where you were only limited by your own desires to move up and advance within the company.
Pros
great work environment lots of autonomy and encouragement to move up and evolve!
Cons
the fact that some of the customers feel that everything in the store is healthy!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Whole Foods Market. Our community is ready to answer.

Whole Foods Market Reviews by Location