Whole Foods Market Employee Reviews

Found 3,896 reviews matching the search
Exciting fun work atmosphere.
Supervisor - Lead (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLJuly 19, 2017
Great company to work for. I am always excited to get to work and see what the day has in-store. The work environment is friendly and fun. Would highly recommend making it a career.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Strict to rules and regulations
Prepared Foods Team member
Hot Foods Clerk/ Line Chef (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, CAJuly 19, 2017
A moderately challenging job, but management at the time was very spotty. Found myself having to do tasks not assigned or responsible for in job titile.
Everyone is so kind
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Charlestown, MAJuly 19, 2017
Everyone is so kind and the environment is so positive. The employers really make sure that all their employees are healthy and happy. I loved working here.
Great company, loved working there
Front End team member (Former Employee) –  Boise, IDJuly 19, 2017
Very good team to work with and overall very good community and culture. In my two years of working there i had very little trouble or complication with management and very much enjoyed my supervisors.
A wonderful place to work
Assistant Team Leader, Cheese Buyer (Former Employee) –  Brentwood, MOJuly 19, 2017
A fun day I sold cheese, chocolate, coffee, beer and wine. How could I not love it. I learned all about Cheese, chocolate, beear, wine and coffee. Management was fair and educated on the whole idea behind Whole Foods. They were very energetic about the products and the company. The culture is very caring and giving to all employeess. The hardest part of the job.... getting up early. The most enjoyable part the job; the people.
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
Long drive
Very Productive
Loader (Former Employee) –  Aurora, COJuly 19, 2017
Ive never seen so much product get processed per day. I loved it. I was good at keeping a fast pace throughout the day. I enjoyed the team I worked with and the willingness to teach and learn every aspect involved in my department.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Pay
Wonderful, very informal,
Meat Clerk (Former Employee) –  Berkeley, CAJuly 19, 2017
Very fast paced on a busy hour
Always new things to learn about food, food safety etc.
Management varies but majority are cool
The culture of the work place is always fun but very productive
Team Member Culture and Values
Customer Service Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Torrance, CAJuly 18, 2017
The best part about working for Whole Foods is the culture that supports team member happiness. We are able to pretty much wear whatever we want (within reason) and have visible tattoos/piercings. Chances of moving up with the company are obtainable as long as the individual makes an effort to apply for higher positions when they are available. There is some nepotism in this company, but I feel most companies this occurs. Overall, it is a good company to work for, but now that Amazon bought it out, who knows what the future will hold.
good company
Prepared Foods Team Member (Former Employee) –  Westwood, CAJuly 18, 2017
good place to work as far as culture and personal growth, learning to eat healthy and take the right supplements. very disappointed that they don't match your 401k deposits tho
fun working environment
Food Preparer (Current Employee) –  Playa Vista, CAJuly 18, 2017
really fast paced, the hardest part of the job was the rush hour and maintaining the salad bar . rush hour was really hectic at time and at times stressful. but overall the environment at the workplace was really fun
Pros
20% discounts
Cons
30 min lunches
Can't Complain
Cashier/SSI Specialist (Current Employee) –  Overland Park, KSJuly 17, 2017
For what you do, you get paid well here. More than many other jobs out there of the same kind of work. They have weekly gift card drawings and they give you wow bucks when you do something good that is noticed. The only bad thing I can say is that the management needs to be a lot more clear on their rules. They are much too lax on their "rules", which only seems to confuse the workers and the customers. It also makes some customers think they can get away with whatever they like. So, when you do tell them no... they don't take it too well, because they're used to us telling them yes all the time.
Pros
Wow bucks, weekly gift card drawings, fun atmosphere, competitive pay
Cons
management needs work
Challenging but Supportive Work Environment
Associate Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSJuly 17, 2017
Given the right attitude, you can essentially write your own ticket at Whole Foods Market. Leadership structure is designed to be supportive, and given the right team and an appropriate amount of self-motivation, an individual has many paths to excel.
Pros
Positive environment, competitive compensation
Cons
low discount, inflexible rules
Free to express yourself
Customer Service/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Clark, NJJuly 17, 2017
Working for whole foods market is honestly the best company I've worked for. They really listen to your concerns or new ideas on ways to make the workplace better. You can come to work with your own personality and its a judgement free zone. They try to help to the best of what they can do with any team member whenever in need of assistance, whether it would be just to talk about personal issues that might affect work up to having to change availability. I love that they also participate in donations. I would personally donate from my check to the Whole Kids foundation and the Team member fund which to me I believe is an amazing cause. if your interested, do some research. Anyways, WFM is a great place to work for.
Fun place to work
Cashier assistant (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCJuly 17, 2017
Whole foods is a great place to work they are very generous and helpful. The benefits you get there is awesome. Very upbeat environment. Friendly people
Pros
great people to work with
Cons
sometimes there is rude customers
Good Company
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Montclair, NJJuly 17, 2017
Very good company to work for. Enjoyed my 3 years there. Decided to go back to school for further education. Would recommend this company to all who enjoy health food.
Good Place to grow
Produce Team Member (Former Employee) –  Closter, NJJuly 17, 2017
nice environment to work at , lots of growth and good benefits and foods too. learn a lot about whats good for the body and whats not and you can enjoy a good discount as well
Typical day at Whole Foods Market (Midtown East)
Specialty Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  New York, NY 10022July 16, 2017
Although many days at Whole Foods Market fall into a very rote and monotonous activity, working for the Specialty Department taught me most of the retail acumen I use presently, from recommendations for stellar recipes to making sure the consumer leaves the store knowing more about the products they regularly purchase. The culture was one of peer to peer uplifting, where most of the other employees were around my age and highly motivating to deliver premium service. The hardest part of working in Whole Foods was placating some of the really rare irascible customers who never seemed satisfied with a recommendation for an alternative item when the original item of their interest was out of stock, while the most enjoyable was to come in every shift and figure out what activities one could do to fit into the beehive of activity happening constantly at the store. All in all, working at Whole Foods Market (Midtown East) was a great experience and I am still very thankful for many of the practical skills obtained during my tenure there.
Pros
Item Discounts, knowledgable crowd
Cons
Really ambivalent customers
Title
Whole Body Care team member (Current Employee) –  Coral Springs, FLJuly 16, 2017
The store I work at does not promote from within, they mistreat employees. I worked there for over three years and feel like any day they might fire me. They micromanage everyone.
Pros
Free merch occasionally
Cons
Poor Management
productive and fast pace environment
Cashier/Sales Floor Associate (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 16, 2017
whole foods market on a typical day is busy and consist of a lot of fast pacing dealing with answering customer calls and being on the sales floor. get to gain product knowledge of over thousands of products. its not hard to manage unless you are someone who can deal with working in a fast pace environment and a fast learner.
Exceptional
Sales Floor Team Member (Current Employee) –  Columbia, SCJuly 15, 2017
If you are to work at a grocery store, this is the company to work for. Easily the best cashiering experience i've ever had. Great team and very innovative. All inclusive.
Pros
Pay, Co-Workers

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Whole Foods Market. Our community is ready to answer.

Whole Foods Market Reviews by Location