Whole Woman’s Health Vision
We are here to change how women experience themselves in the world; women’s healthcare is our venue.
Whole Woman’s Health Philosophy
We have a holistic approach to healthcare. We understand that women experience medical issues with their whole selves, often including their families, their religion/beliefs, their history and their dreams. We listen to women, trust women and are here to guide them through their choices.
Whole Woman’s Health Mission
We are women’s health care providers specializing in abortion. It is our mission to welcome and treat the whole woman – her head, her heart and her body. We provide education, counseling, informed consent, medical care and trust. We honor women’s hopes, dreams and intentions in all of the care that we provide.
Education Required: Bachelor’s Degree, or higher
Experience: 5-7 years supporting corporate-level executives
The Administrative Assistant’s primary role is to support the Executive Assistant to the CEO and other Executives as assigned by performing a variety and range from routine to complex administrative, clerical and office duties, including oral and written communications, business contacts, calendar, meetings, travel and special projects. The Administrative Assistant receives general direction from the Executive Assistant, and interacts with vice presidents, directors and members of the WWH staff as well as officials from regulatory and other institutions. The Administratve Assistant must understand the responsibilities, needs and priorities of the EA and maintain a high level of confidentiality. As a key player in the management company team, the Executive Assistant must embody the vision and mission of Whole Woman’s Health.
- Visibly ethical - able to engage and influence others as a credible professional.
- Organizational awareness – able to understand the community sector, contractual obligations and the organizational strategic direction, and contribute to the efficient administration of the executive processes.
- Professional expertise – drawing on experiences as an Administrative Assistant, able to work autonomously and confidentially, managing and prioritizing administrative tasks efficiently and effectively. Demonstrated writing and editing skills, including the ability to present information in a clear and concise manner. Demonstrated competency in designing and maintaining office filing and records systems, and competence in taking minutes and preparing correspondence. Able to successful manage functions, events and conferences. Has a systematic and organized approach to work.
- Communication – Able to communicate sensitively and effectively at all levels within the organization and maintain excellent relationships with external contacts. Able to communicate with a variety of stakeholders in a variety of ways, through the use of highly developed written and verbal skills.
- Client service. - Able to consult and understand differing stakeholder needs.
- Self-awareness – Able to understand oneself, to appreciate difference and to build confident professional relationships with colleagues to support effective administration processes.
- Flexibility – Able to respond to a rising issues and lead quality assurance and risk
Essential duties and responsibilities include those set out below. Other duties may be assigned to meet business needs.
Provide timely and efficient administrative support to Executive Assistant and other assigned executives, including:
- Receiving in-coming telephone calls and correspondence (including emails) and responding, directing, or flagging them as appropriate/assigned;
- Managing assigned executive calendars, sorting and filtering requests for their time while ensuring business priorities are met in a timely manner;
- Coordinating extensive travel programs;
- Assist in the planning of conference calls and meetings;
- Identifying the need for and assisting in the preparation of agenda materials for meetings;
- Creating and modifying documents and presentations for internal and external use by assigned executives;
- Creating and maintaining files and records for historical and informational reference;
- Maintaining a high level of discretion and confidentiality while maintaining accurate, current and accessible administrative files including maintenance of financials and statistical information and records of relevant meetings and discussions;
- Drafting letters in response to routine enquiries concerning WWH's participation in external events, and other letters as appropriate;
- Performing special projects as directed by the Executive Assistant to the CEO, including the review, research, summarization or analysis of information;
- Showing initiative and exercise professionalism by contributing to a harmonious working environment that enhances work satisfaction and service delivery at Corporate Office and beyond; and
o Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of 3-5 years of related experience preferred, or a combination of experience and education that enables performance of all aspects of the position.
o Proficiency in MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Access) and Internet Explorer
o Excellent written and verbal communications skills
o Excellent project management and organizational skills
o Attention to detail in composing, typing and proofing materials, establishing priorities, flagging items for attention and meeting deadlines
o A firm sense of responsibility
o Maintain a high level of confidentiality
o Work jointly with the executive team and staff
o Use initiative
o Make decisions and exercise sound judgment
o Identify opportunities and work with little direct supervision
Must possess the ability and capability to perform any task in the office. Must be able to lift 15 lbs or more, be able to physically move through the office unaided, and have excellent visual and hearing acuity.