About Whole Woman’s Health
Whole Woman's Health is an abortion provider that offers full-range medical services for women. In addition to our specialization in abortion, we offer gynecological services, counseling, and general wellness resources. We are proud to provide safe, compassionate abortion services for women; we see abortion provision as an important component of holistic care for women. We are driven by our commitment to reduce the stigma around abortion in this country. We know this work changes people – our patients, our staff, our families and the world. We invite you to be a part of our work and to enjoy an extremely rewarding career with a palpable sense of making the world a better place for women on a daily basis.
We are currently seeking experienced and qualified persons to work as Phone Counselors on full time and/or part time basis for our clinic in San Antonio, Texas.
The Phone Counselor duties include those of the receptionist, intake and discharge, counting money/making deposits and computer skills. The Phone Counselor position allows for further training in the medical areas of the office which do not require medical certification or licensure. These tasks may include pathology, lab, set-up, running rooms, assisting in recovery, ultrasounds and assisting in Gyn sessions as directed. The Phone Counselor plays a key role in the practice as s/he may interact with the patient in many areas and her/his knowledge of office systems and the medical practice can contribute very positively to patient satisfaction and the success of the practice.
High School Graduate or GED required. College degree preferred. Previous experience in healthcare preferred. Bilingual in Spanish a plus.
The Phone Counselor must possess the following:
- People skills
- Organizational and time management skills
- An interest in women’s health and a commitment to the welfare of the “whole” woman
- An interest in all areas of the practice: administrative (“front”), medical, counseling, customer service, etc.
- Problem solving
- Follow-through and thoroughness
- Written and verbal communication skills: direct, prompt and effective
- Computer skills
- Skill with detailed record keeping
- Ability to take direction
- Ability to ask questions and participate fully in learning process.
- Flexibility, multitasking and willingness to learn and “go anywhere” s/he’s needed.
The ideal candidate:
- Speaks a second language
- Has a four year Bachelor’s degree (students currently enrolled in college also qualify)
- Prefers not to do the same thing every day
- Is flexible and cooperative
- Loves to learn new things, jumps in and asks questions, participates actively in the learning process
Physical Requirements: The Patient Advocate must have excellent visual and hearing acuity. S/he must possess the physical ability to lift 15 lbs. or more, stand, sit, twist, reach, and move freely through the clinic.
We offer competitive salary based on qualifications. Benefits include PTO, health, vision and dental insurance, 401(k), and performance bonuses.
Whole Woman’s Health was incorporated in January of 2003. We are a fast growing company with locations in Texas, Maryland and Minnesota. We support women and operate our company with a fundamental belief in empowerment. Our people are supported to grow and challenge themselves and each other; autonomy is given freely to those who are driven and successful. We offer competitive compensation and benefits, many opportunities for growth, especially to energetic people who are willing to travel and are eager to learn.
For more information about us, please visit our website at www.wholewomanshealth.com
Qualified applicants may send cover letter and resume.
Indeed - 18 months ago