WIC PROGRAM

WIC PROGRAM Employer Reviews

Fun place to work with a great acomplishment feeling.
Breastfeeding Counselor (Current Employee), San Juan, PRJuly 11, 2014
Pros: waching mothers and babies have a succesful breasfeeding experience.
Cons: it is only part-time job and with no benefits.
Fill paper work, call new mothers, offer breasfeeding classes for groups or individual women.
I learned that every person has a story to tell and needs to be filled.
At the WIC program all the employees worked as a team.
The hardest thing about my job was waching primee babies having a really hard time and wathing mothers suffer for the lost of a baby – more... or sick kids.
The most enjoyable part about my job is watching mothers achive their beastfeeding goals with my help. – less
Breastfeeding Counselor (Former Employee), yabucoa, prAugust 27, 2013
Pros: help others
Cons: late payments
Excellent. productive. Calm ambience, sharing with families and their needs.
Health Nutrition Program
Licensed Dietitian (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAAugust 11, 2013
WIC, housed in the Health Center, worked with medical providers, especially pediatrics staff, but later with IM providers too. Worked there before going to PA program.
Good
Nutrition Program Assistant (Former Employee), Lawndale, CANovember 7, 2012
•a typical day at work
•what you learned
•management
•your co-workers
•the hardest part of the job
•the most enjoyable part of the job
Great work hours
Nutritionist Assistant Manager (Former Employee), New York, NYOctober 18, 2012
Great work environment and great work hours. Many workshop attended, which was helpful.
Hard working staff and management
Lactation consultant (Former Employee), East Boston, MASeptember 19, 2012
Supportive and inspiring management. Devoted nutritionists. Diverse client population.
Would never work here again
Nutrition Assistant (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PaJuly 18, 2012
Pros: you have no choice but to want to eat and live healthy working here
Cons: management, co-workers, favortism, everyone has a relative of some sort that works there, ergo...watch what u say and do
Typical workday is HELLicopter. Long hours, no break, except for a misely 30 min lunch. This job will stress you out and send you to an early grave. Well I can say this for the Philadelphia, Pa offices.

However, I've learned TREMENDOUS amounts of nutritional information, rules, and state guidlines.

Management IS AWFUL!!!!!!! The favoritism is beyond – more... bearable. There's back stabbing, and half your co workers refuse to pull their own work around the office. The offices are 97percent females, so that definitely explains alot of the negative hermonal behaviors.

I did not like my co-workers. All LAZY! Well 95 percent of them are lazy. I learned that most of my adult co-workers were not raised with good work ethics. – less
A great place to start teaching parents and children about the values of good nutrition through all stages of life.
Nutritionist (Former Employee), Hartford, CTApril 10, 2012
Pros: meeting new people, providing proper nutrition coupons, providing professional counseling on nutrition.
Cons: terminating five year olds due to their age, short-staffed days.
All days we would see parents/guardians and young children to distribute WIC vouchers and provide couseling according to individualized nutrition needs per physical exam and laboratory values.
I learned a great deal about children's behavior regarding meals and snacks, common food allergies, and many medical conditions in the pediatric population that – more... need constant nutritional monitoring.
I was a proud member of the WIC team, striving to make life better for those we served.
The hardest part of the job was seeing the children turn five and having to terminate them from the program.
The most enjoyable part of the job was helping those in need with a goal of improving their lives through beneficial nutrition. Also working with the children was a very interesting and fun experience. This provided a rewarding experience for me knowing that I was sharing my expertise with others to improve their quality of life. – less