WIC PROGRAM Employee Reviews in United States

Can be better
Nutrition Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYMarch 27, 2016
Most of The managers were not register dietitian and the management was very poor
WIC at Brooklyn Hospital was my worse experience in my 36 years working as a Dietitian/Nutritionist and MD.
I will not recommend.

WIC at Florida State is Excellent, the best. Excellent Managers and dietitians, all works very well. I strongly recommend.
Would never work here again
Nutrition Assistant (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PaJuly 18, 2012
Typical workday is HELLicopter. Long hours, no break, except for a misely 30 min lunch. This job will stress you out and send you to an early grave. Well I can say this for the Philadelphia, Pa offices.

However, I've learned TREMENDOUS amounts of nutritional information, rules, and state guidlines.

Management IS AWFUL!!!!!!! The favoritism is beyond bearable. There's back stabbing, and half your co workers refuse to pull their own work around the office. The offices are 97percent females, so that definitely explains alot of the negative hermonal behaviors.

I did not like my co-workers. All LAZY! Well 95 percent of them are lazy. I learned that most of my adult co-workers were not raised with good work ethics.
Pros
you have no choice but to want to eat and live healthy working here
Cons
management, co-workers, favortism, everyone has a relative of some sort that works there, ergo...watch what u say and do
I take my job very serious when it comes to cleaning. This is my passion to work in a place where i can show how good i am and be very respectful.
Cleaning Crew (Current Employee) –  Perth Amboy, NJ 08861October 1, 2015
A typical day there is fun for me because I can clean when everyone is almost gone for the day I can do what im told to do. I aslo like to ask th epeople there if I can help them in anyway. I love to clean there. The co-workers are nice to me and they treat me with respect.I close the office when Im done. Management is very supportive there. The office is very big which keeps me very ocuppied. I work 4 hours but I do everything on time so I have nothing to do the next time i go to work. I am very respctful lioke others are to me.
Pros
I can eat and clean th earea where im at
Cons
shortbreaks
WIC program is a excellent workplace to develop your teaching abilities and to provide nutrition counseling.
Nutritionist (Former Employee) –  Carolina, PRDecember 15, 2014
In this job I provided nutritional counseling, assessed, offered follow up and demonstration classes.During the time that I worked in WIC program I learned to be empathic and to listen what were the needs of people who catered. My experience with the coworker and population served, both was good.The hard part was the amount of assessmets in a day, (14 people), because the time to counseling was limited. I loved when I had to offer the demonstration classes, because the participants also enjoyed it.
Pros
comfortable working hours
Cons
low compensation
Fun place to work with a great acomplishment feeling.
Breastfeeding Counselor (Current Employee) –  San Juan, PRJuly 11, 2014
Fill paper work, call new mothers, offer breasfeeding classes for groups or individual women.
I learned that every person has a story to tell and needs to be filled.
At the WIC program all the employees worked as a team.
The hardest thing about my job was waching primee babies having a really hard time and wathing mothers suffer for the lost of a baby or sick kids.
The most enjoyable part about my job is watching mothers achive their beastfeeding goals with my help.
Pros
waching mothers and babies have a succesful breasfeeding experience.
Cons
it is only part-time job and with no benefits.
personally grow experiances
Administrative Clerk (Former Employee) –  Joliet, ILOctober 6, 2015
every day was a challenge, mentally ready to start the day and have a lot patience to be able to greet the clients, and be able to make it during the day, during this position I learn to get better with customer services and be able to multi task more, answering the phones, making appointments, printing WIC coupons and answering front desk question, a lot of filing charts from clients and keep all the information confidential. was great experience to work with the WIC program
Provide Nutrition and Health care information
Nutritionist Specialist (Current Employee) –  Ponce PRMarch 4, 2015
Use my expertise in food, diet and nutrition to help people achieve health goals. Provide supplemental food recommendations to patient. The principal goals is protecting the health of women and children who are al risk of the effects of poor nutrition.
A great place to start teaching parents and children about the values of good nutrition through all stages of life.
Nutritionist (Former Employee) –  Hartford, CTApril 10, 2012
All days we would see parents/guardians and young children to distribute WIC vouchers and provide couseling according to individualized nutrition needs per physical exam and laboratory values.
I learned a great deal about children's behavior regarding meals and snacks, common food allergies, and many medical conditions in the pediatric population that need constant nutritional monitoring.
I was a proud member of the WIC team, striving to make life better for those we served.
The hardest part of the job was seeing the children turn five and having to terminate them from the program.
The most enjoyable part of the job was helping those in need with a goal of improving their lives through beneficial nutrition. Also working with the children was a very interesting and fun experience. This provided a rewarding experience for me knowing that I was sharing my expertise with others to improve their quality of life.
Pros
meeting new people, providing proper nutrition coupons, providing professional counseling on nutrition.
Cons
terminating five year olds due to their age, short-staffed days.
goodplacetowork
programasst (Current Employee) –  jamestownnyNovember 17, 2014
enjoy working with moms and there babies.learned howtodeal with different cultures and people
Hard working staff and management
Lactation consultant (Former Employee) –  East Boston, MASeptember 19, 2012
Supportive and inspiring management. Devoted nutritionists. Diverse client population.
Productive workplace were reaching the companies goals was appreciated
Nutritionist Supervisor (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJuly 30, 2014
High volume public health clinic supervision. Monthly goals gave the team a benchmark to drive motivation each month. The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to help others.
Fun workplace
Clerk (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYSeptember 27, 2014
Collect and review patients documents for their eligibility and to participate in the WIC program.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
na
Health Nutrition Program
Licensed Dietitian (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 11, 2013
WIC, housed in the Health Center, worked with medical providers, especially pediatrics staff, but later with IM providers too. Worked there before going to PA program.
Breastfeeding Counselor (Former Employee) –  yabucoa, prAugust 27, 2013
Excellent. productive. Calm ambience, sharing with families and their needs.
Pros
help others
Cons
late payments
Great work hours
Nutritionist Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 18, 2012
Great work environment and great work hours. Many workshop attended, which was helpful.