Wichita State University Employee Reviews

Grade and supervise both graduate and undergraduate course works.
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSJanuary 2, 2017
It was such a privilege to work as a graduate teaching assistant helping students on public health courses. I have a learn a great deal of knowledge interacting with students.
Pros
Received tuition remission and text book assistant during my graduate study.
Cons
The work load could be sometimes hectic.
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  Wichita, KSNovember 12, 2016
It's a good place to work but pay is very low and opportunities are very few as well tough to find one! If you wish to have a moderate professional career, you can go with wichita & wichita state university.
Prductive and fun place to work
Graduate Research Assistant at REAL (Current Employee) –  Wichita, KSNovember 9, 2016
nice co-workers
good learning opportunities
made lots of connections
worked on projects that really made a difference
this job helped to create a platform for other future jobs
WSU is an exciting and fascinating place to work.
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSOctober 22, 2016
Wichita State University is filled with interesting and passionate employees--both the faculty and the staff. As a graduate teaching assistant I worked closely with professors and students and greatly enjoyed the experience.
Pros
Passionate and interested employees
Cons
It can be a highly competitive.
Graduate Assistant
Graduate Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Wichita, KSOctober 6, 2016
Assisted assigned professors in market research and data analysis.
Supervised exams and graded tests, assignments and papers.
Tutored freshman and sophomore students on Economic related courses.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Only 20 hours a week
Actually for my fraternity
Member Development Chairman (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSSeptember 27, 2016
This was a basic leadership position that provided me the experience to advance in my career opportunities after college.
Pros
Fraternity life, leadership skills, network building
research
Student Research program (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSSeptember 24, 2016
I worked with a researcher as a helper in psychological research named SONA. She assigned few of the students from science field especially psychology to help her. I attended many different age clients of her and tested their pace of working brain through her set up of few assessments on computers.
Great Company
Customer service (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSSeptember 7, 2016
while working there I noticed that training was everything. Paid to take tests that you needed to advance. Management was as busy as the rest.
Pros
paid training, good benefits
Cons
short breaks.
Great Job for Full-Time Students
Student Assistant (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSAugust 29, 2016
I loved working at WSU and I wish that I could still be working there, however the positions fill up fast for students. There are no compensation/benefits and the department that I worked for had a small job security issue.
Pros
free time for homework, very laid back environment
Cons
work days seemed to be a little long due to lack of work
great place
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSAugust 27, 2016
it was a great place to work had alot of experince
working with people
it was a place to have fun with students, parents and teachers
faulcaties and other
Great and more Interesting
Graduate Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Wichita, KSJuly 2, 2016
Manageable time limit and nice pay
Lot of opportunities to Learn and challenge ourself
co-workers and supervisor were more supportive
Teaching experience
Research Assistant for the Structural Lab (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSJuly 1, 2016
The hardest part was first time teaching in my career. I really enjoyed teaching and the management was excellent. The most enjoyable part of my job was being a teacher.
Productive and fun
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  Wichita, KSJune 22, 2016
Balance of school and work was made easier by only working 20 hours a week. Professors work with you and give you insight as well as connections for future careers.
Program Assistant
Program Assistant (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSJune 22, 2016
TRIO-Educational Opportunity Centers Program Provide assistance to adults using the Technology Resource Center and Lab Provide Intake assistance for adults who walk-in or call-ins for EOC services. Assist adults with FAFSA and College application on-line submission. Facilitate various computer based learning labs and open labs. Assist with front desk reception duties. Assist with general office duties as assigned.
Graduate Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KansasJune 15, 2016
good place to works. job facilities are pretty good, excellent lab facilities, nice management system. Payments and other facilities are not bad.
I worked there as a graduate student assistant. Nice work environment.
Graduate Student Assistant (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSJune 9, 2016
I worked there as a graduate student assistant. Nice work environment.Welcoming campus for International Student.Co-workers are very supportive.So many scope for learning.
Wsu
Associate Director of Facilities and Maintenance (Current Employee) –  Wichita, KSMay 31, 2016
Responsible for daily operations of the Office of Housing and Residence Life facilities and serves as a resource for the students, faculty, staff, and administration of the University and surrounding community. Supervises professional, support, and paraprofessional staff. Work effectively with a wide range of constituents within a diverse community. Manage the day-to-day housekeeping and maintenance of all housing facilities along with managing facilities projects, renovation and construction responsibilities to include: planning, bidding, specification preparations, oversight, and renovation budget management. Oversee security cameras, key inventory, shuttle bus program, and participate in staff training and student recruitment events. Oversee payroll and other personnel matters for facilities areas. Responsible for staff recruitment, selection, training and evaluation of up to 15 full-time, classified housekeeping and maintenance staff, two part-time staff, classified shuttle bus drivers and over 10 student assistants. Work collaboratively with staff to develop annual goals, preventative maintenance schedules, and capital replacement schedules. On-call 24/7 for crisis management; participates with campus committees, makes presentations, handles department assessments and report writing for University Database. Handles other duties assigned by the Director of Housing and Residence Life as needed.
Great Mentor
Undergraduate Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSMay 27, 2016
I was fortunate to have a patient adviser who guided me through the whole process of learning.

I learned a lot , since there are many things to learn in coding. But I came out of it with better knowledge in Matlab and coding.

Mechanical Engineering Department at Wichita State University is awesome.
Challenging
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSMay 19, 2016
A day would start at the lab and ends at the same lab. i have learned the approach to a project, troubleshooting the problems and tabulating the results and analyzing the results. after the experiment was done i have to submit the results to my professor and have to get a feedback from him. getting the resources is the hardest part in my job. it was always fun to know the new topic and new technology which u were never aware of.
Pros
flexible timing
great overall job culture, some hidden problems
Assistant Director (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSApril 20, 2016
The university is a good place to work in general. The pay is not very high. The President is new since I left so I do not know how the culture has changed. Some supervisors are great and some are really not.
Pros
Positive job culture as a general place
Cons
lower pay, not much recourse if you have a problem

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Wichita State University. Our community is ready to answer.

4.4