Wichita State University Employee Reviews

professional lab environment
Design Engineer, lab assistant (Current Employee), Biomechanics labAugust 21, 2015
I work with student and faculty to run biomechanical experiment's using motion capture, force plates, and EMG systems. I also use cad software to develop customized parts for power wheel chairs.
Fun Life
Member of Aerospace Senior Design (Former Employee), WichitaAugust 6, 2015
Working is a part of life, it comprises learning, emotion, and experience. Most of the time I will having a productive working day as I am learning new experience. Learning happens in every second, I learned – more... how to work in group and individual because when you are working in group there are a lot of different ideas but we have to come in consensus, that is how I solve problems.

I always have a backup or thinking ahead in management as nothing is perfect in this world. That is one of the ways to reduce panic situation and prevent wasting too much time because time is gold. Money, Quality, and Time are very important to me and company.

There is always a happy time especially when you solve a trouble, as you can see people around you can finally calm down and relax. – less
Growing community with many possibilities
Sodexo Supervisor (Current Employee), Wichita, KSJuly 17, 2015
Friendly co-workers. It is a growing community with many possibilities and opportunities. Understanding management to work with workers, make the working environment more comfortable.
Easy work with very relevant salary
Student Perception of Teaching Effectiveness (Former Employee), Wichita, KSJune 8, 2015
Pros: free donuts sometimes.
A very easy work with no pressure at all. Punctuality is the most vital part in this job. I enjoyed the work as it was an easy job.
Rewarding work which allows me to creatively fit strategies to students' needs
America Reads Tutor (Current Employee), Wichita, KSJune 4, 2015
I have enjoyed working with students in math and reading, implementing various strategies, evaluating effectiveness of various strategies, and celebrating success.
Enjoyed working here.
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Former Employee), Wichita, KSJune 1, 2015
Pros: good experience teaching for first time
Cons: short classes
A typical teaching assistant job, teaching under-grad students. Fun teaching in labs though. Learnt a lot with these classes and interaction with students.
A good place to work.
Visiting Assistant Professor (Current Employee), Wichita, KSMarch 5, 2015
I am very happy with WSU. The institution is very organized with strong leaders. Co-workers are great. I really enjoy teaching.
Excellent workplace
Graduate Research Assistant (Current Employee), Wichita, KSFebruary 16, 2015
Very friendly staffs and a learning environment. Management is really great to make the things productive. The co-workers are really helpful and helped a lot to do my job better. Haven't found any downsides in the job yet. I am really happy working here.
Nice experience
Research Assistant (Former Employee), Wichita, KansasFebruary 14, 2015
Pros: laid back, academic
Cons: low pay
Contributed to long and short term research projects providing detail documentation and support to other researchers. Gathered and qualified source materials pertinent to research projects. Published several academic research papers, ground breaking research in modeling ionic liquid complexes and their potential uses. Investigated and resolved issues regarding research
Nice place to work
Educational Technologist (Current Employee), Wichita, KSDecember 28, 2014
Overall nice place to work. Very energetic atmosphere that is great at keeping up with changes in education and student needs.
Graduate research assitant
Graduate Research Assistant (Current Employee), Wichita, KSDecember 16, 2014
I go to the university for doing masters in aerospace engineering But was able to find a position as graduate research assistant which helped me a lot to understand education better.
Very Nice environment and good place to study
Academic Tutor and Advisor (Former Employee), Wichita,KsDecember 6, 2014
- University is growing and many new improvements are taking place
Lots of scope to learn
Masters Project (Former Employee), Wichita, KSDecember 3, 2014
This university help us learn and explore a lot.
Te course curriculum is really helpful for the industry.
Productive, professional, career advancing environment
Student Assistant (Current Employee), Wichita, KSDecember 3, 2014
A typical day at work is an up beat fast paced environment that is constantly focusing on providing the best customer service for out students. The management is understanding and is always trying to innovate and improve.
Learning place to grow skills and links
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Current Employee), Wichita, KSNovember 21, 2014
Working at Wichita State University is fun and enjoyable. You enjoy tution fees wavior and research work with professors. There is alot to learn at WSU.
multiple responsibilities on the job with access to a variety of events
ADMINISTRATIVE SPECIALIST (Current Employee), Wichita, KSOctober 31, 2014
Pros: weekends & holidays off, available opportunities
Cons: lack of adequate parking, poor communication
As with most any workplace, there are a variety of personalities and work ethics amongst my co-workers, but we do what we need to get the work done in a professional & timely manner. This also applies – more... to the management.
A typical day for me starts at least a half hour before the actual clock-in time. I use this period to go over emails, check voice mail, get my computer, printers, and other assorted equipment up and running, and take care of anything else so that I may be at my desk to begin working by the appointed hour. In my position, I know what needs to be taken care of, how to accomplish the tasks, and which items are of most importance, thus I am capable of working independently. From the start of the day I perform a variety of responsibilities, some of which involve assisting other areas with their work loads.
I feel the hardest part of my job can be the "language" barrier when it comes to technical terms. As for the most enjoyable part of my job, I truly enjoy all the events and activities available to university employees and the community. The atmosphere on campus after a win at the big game, or hearing the beautiful strains of a composition from an accomplished musician can be such an uplifting experience.
After 19 years, I have learned many life lessons as well as gaining professional knowledge. I have acquired an understanding of computers and assorted office equipment, while conquering my fear of the unknown. I have made good friends, and said goodbye to a few of them. I have learned that changes are inevitable, and if you fight them, it only makes things harder. But, if you embrace the challenge of learning different things, a new and exciting world can be opened up to you. – less
Enjoyed working in the student environment.
Administrative Assistant II (Former Employee), Wichita, KSOctober 24, 2014
Pros: greatest job ever.
Cons: new staff member was easy to work with.
Greeted visitors to the Vice President for Student Life and Services. Typed all correspondence and set appointments up for the Vice President. Supervised student assistant and other office staff.
Not too bad but not superb
Graduate Research Assistant (Current Employee), Wichita, KSOctober 7, 2014
I can't speak in general, every lab is different. Overall, it seems okay. Wish they're more structured support over here.
Productive and Well Organized working enviroment
SPTE Proctor (Former Employee), Wichita, KSOctober 5, 2014
Pros: good working schedule, convenient location.
The management of the location i worked at was very conductive, always providing working schedules that fit all the need of the employers. The co-workers were very friendly and always willing to clear any doubts that you had. The job was very enjoyable as i could meet new people on a job to job basis.
Interaction with people to work collectively
Graduate Research Assistant (Current Employee), Wichita , KSSeptember 16, 2014
Provided a chance to learn lot of new things and technical helped me in learning new languages.