Wichita State University Employee Reviews

Great place
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSAugust 12, 2017
I came here for my Master's in Computer Networking. I worked as GTA and GSA. It has many perks for students. We get to learn different cultures and get exposed to new technologies in the labs, before getting into the real world IT field.
Unique Role, but absolutely great people!
Play-by-Play Broadcaster (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSJuly 24, 2017
My role at WSU was that of play by play announcer for the Women's Basketball Team, Volleyball team and Baseball team. To that end, the schedule was what it was - I was there when the team was playing. So my connection with the university was unique. But the people I had the privilege to work with and for were amazing. From the three different AD's to the Media Relations Staff, to my immediate supervisors depending on Radio or TV, to those I emulated and those I shared the mic with, all were first class! I would highly recommend Wichita State University - especially the athletic department - as a vibrant, diverse, empowering workplace.
Very good experience
Graduate Teaching and Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSJuly 20, 2017
I taught electrical engineering class as a teaching assistant and had enjoyed it greatly. School culture is just great but often can be hectic in a good challenging way.
Executive Board Staff Recruitment Chair (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSJuly 7, 2017
I gained a number of acquaintances and friends while at Beta Theta Pi and I learned to connect with people in a variety of settings it was an encouraging experience
Professor guided research
Engineering Research (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSJuly 5, 2017
This position was not actually under Wichita State University per se, but through the State itself under a government grant for the purpose of forming a temporary and experimental research project to meet the needs of a major aircraft company in the local area.
Good to Study and Work
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSJune 27, 2017
Its a great working culture in Wichita State University.
Its better to get a Research assistant or a student assistant than a Graduate teaching assistant position.
GTA will be given only on the condition that yo have to agree to do thesis or Phd under professors.
Family oriented work environment
Business Manager (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSJune 23, 2017
Everyone here work together as a team. Everyone wants to make the lab a successful place. The workers all take pride in the work that they do. Management support their work staff.
Good for student employment
GRADUATE TEACHING ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSJune 10, 2017
Great place for students to earn a degree while also working as graduate assistants. Allowed to focus on both work and education while teaching and going to school.
Working with bright young minds
Research Machinist / Lab Manager (Current Employee) –  Wichita KsJune 10, 2017
Working with bright young minds on a wide variety of processes and equipment. Challenging projects with an incredibly Diverse population, Full time employment
Great
Student Assistant (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSJune 7, 2017
I worked for the Finance Director and he was wonderful to work. I had set hours; they were very flexible with my schedule. Pay was not great but position was.
Pros
Job Duties
Cons
Pay
Changes During Tough Times
Night Custodial Specialist (Current Employee) –  Wichita, KSMay 26, 2017
Several positions have been cut and requires more work from the remaining employees. Cleaning restrooms and collecting trash are the main work throughout the week.
Productive and supportive team
IT Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Wichita, KSMay 19, 2017
Support faculty and staff technologies.
provide active directory support
troubleshoot Network
Part of effective team
Supportive and knowledgeable superiors
Easy to work around class schedule, build great connections
SI Leader, Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSMay 18, 2017
Schedules can be fairly flexible around class or work schedules, management and staff are overall nice and are friendly. Hardest part is it is like living on campus, you only leave to come home, eat, or spend time with friends elsewhere. However, it is so nice to not worry about leaving campus to go to work or making it to class on time.
Graduate Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  WichitaMay 18, 2017
Good place to work, conducive to learning. People help each other and grow collectively. I was blessed to have an understanding and competent group of people to work with
Management cares for the student assistants
Graduate Research Student (Current Employee) –  Wichita, KSMay 2, 2017
Being an international student, I felt very welcomed in the workplace.
The management cares for their student assistants and are very flexible with the work schedules.
Pros
Free lunches, very helpful during and after training
Cons
Couldn't think of any cons
Fun place to work
GRADUATE ASSISTANT (Current Employee) –  Wichita, KSApril 24, 2017
Fun place to work. Need to know to work on Ms Acess. Lots of free time to do personal projects. Can work on multiple things. Good and understanding boss. Work on other related projects.
Administrative Assistant
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Wichita, KSApril 22, 2017
The hardest job you will ever love. WSU is really going places and treats the employees extremely well. I love my supervision and coworkers. The whole mission of WSU is student centered. A typical day at work includes answering phones and normal administrative work but you will also get a lot of opportunities to interact with students. The energy at WSU is electric and is reflected in its employees. The culture is wonderful. I highly recommend WSU.
Pros
Taking care of the students. Excellent benefits.
Cons
The low salary.
Horrible Place to work with very dishonest people
Support (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSApril 19, 2017
This place is a total disgrace. The IT Department takes advantage of employees by stealing contents of Hard Drives, Personal Devices, etc. DO NOT TRUST!
Pros
Campus Environment
Cons
You will be a victim
Work under my professor
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  Wichita, KSMarch 23, 2017
Being a teaching assistant to my professor, it is always good to learn new things and softwares. I used to teach labs for the students which include multibody modelling softwares like ADAMS and MADYMO.
Pros
Learning softwares, Teaching Students makes me to gain more knowledge
Cons
Toughest part is corrections
Good place to study and work
Graduate Assistant (Current Employee) –  Wichita, KSMarch 20, 2017
It's a very good university to study for masters.There are good opportunities for the students to work on campus special for software developers.
Thanks