Wichita State University

Wichita State University Employer Reviews

Graduate research assitant
Graduate Research Assistant (Current Employee), Wichita, KSDecember 16, 2014
I go to the university for doing masters in aerospace engineering But was able to find a position as graduate research assistant which helped me a lot to understand education better.
Very Nice environment and good place to study
Academic Tutor and Advisor (Former Employee), Wichita,KsDecember 6, 2014
- University is growing and many new improvements are taking place
Lots of scope to learn
Masters Project (Former Employee), Wichita, KSDecember 3, 2014
This university help us learn and explore a lot.
Te course curriculum is really helpful for the industry.
Productive, professional, career advancing environment
Student Assistant (Current Employee), Wichita, KSDecember 3, 2014
A typical day at work is an up beat fast paced environment that is constantly focusing on providing the best customer service for out students. The management is understanding and is always trying to innovate and improve.
Learning place to grow skills and links
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Current Employee), Wichita, KSNovember 21, 2014
Working at Wichita State University is fun and enjoyable. You enjoy tution fees wavior and research work with professors. There is alot to learn at WSU.
multiple responsibilities on the job with access to a variety of events
ADMINISTRATIVE SPECIALIST (Current Employee), Wichita, KSOctober 31, 2014
Pros: weekends & holidays off, available opportunities
Cons: lack of adequate parking, poor communication
As with most any workplace, there are a variety of personalities and work ethics amongst my co-workers, but we do what we need to get the work done in a professional & timely manner. This also applies to the management.
A typical day for me starts at least a half hour before the actual clock-in time. I use this period to go over emails, check voice – more... mail, get my computer, printers, and other assorted equipment up and running, and take care of anything else so that I may be at my desk to begin working by the appointed hour. In my position, I know what needs to be taken care of, how to accomplish the tasks, and which items are of most importance, thus I am capable of working independently. From the start of the day I perform a variety of responsibilities, some of which involve assisting other areas with their work loads.
I feel the hardest part of my job can be the "language" barrier when it comes to technical terms. As for the most enjoyable part of my job, I truly enjoy all the events and activities available to university employees and the community. The atmosphere on campus after a win at the big game, or hearing the beautiful strains of a composition from an accomplished musician can be such an uplifting experience.
After 19 years, I have learned many life lessons as well as gaining professional knowledge. I have acquired an understanding of computers and assorted office equipment, while conquering my fear of the unknown. I have made good friends, and said goodbye to a few of them. I have learned that changes are inevitable, and if you fight them, it only makes things harder. But, if you embrace the challenge of learning different things, a new and exciting world can be opened up to you. – less
Enjoyed working in the student environment.
Administrative Assistant II (Former Employee), Wichita, KSOctober 24, 2014
Pros: greatest job ever.
Cons: new staff member was easy to work with.
Greeted visitors to the Vice President for Student Life and Services. Typed all correspondence and set appointments up for the Vice President. Supervised student assistant and other office staff.
Not too bad but not superb
Graduate Research Assistant (Current Employee), Wichita, KSOctober 7, 2014
I can't speak in general, every lab is different. Overall, it seems okay. Wish they're more structured support over here.
Productive and Well Organized working enviroment
SPTE Proctor (Former Employee), Wichita, KSOctober 5, 2014
Pros: good working schedule, convenient location.
The management of the location i worked at was very conductive, always providing working schedules that fit all the need of the employers. The co-workers were very friendly and always willing to clear any doubts that you had. The job was very enjoyable as i could meet new people on a job to job basis.
Interaction with people to work collectively
Graduate Research Assistant (Current Employee), Wichita , KSSeptember 16, 2014
Provided a chance to learn lot of new things and technical helped me in learning new languages.
A fine university
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Former Employee), Wichita, KSSeptember 10, 2014
It is a fine university. Work there is similar to most other schools.
Wichita State University is best place to work and study
Instructor and Research Assistant (Current Employee), Wichita, KSAugust 28, 2014
I have worked on the research projects through university
I had an opportunity to teach a class of 90 students
This university has helped me to work on multiple activities at the same time
University had given me opportunity to work on ABET documentation report
Research/Teaching Assistanship
Research/Teaching Assistant (Current Employee), Wichita, KSAugust 11, 2014
I have worked at Wichita State University since January 2011 as a research/teaching assistant. I earned lots of skill to improve my knowledge and confidence at this job
Student mentor
Student Mentor/Tutor (Former Employee), Wichita, KSJuly 27, 2014
Pros: flexible schedule
Cons: run by students, mentees don't always show up, not always paid for work done
Student mentors reviewed problem areas with mentees and discussed better study methods for assignments and exams. Duties included assisting mentees in learning key concepts for biology and German classes.
Great management/Team leading experience
Captain of Men's Track and Field (Former Employee), Wichita, KSJuly 25, 2014
Pros: team management and leading skills
I absolutely loved being a team leader and the experience. You had a new situation everyday, whether it be preparing people for practice, a meet, or just getting there lives less stressful to be able to focus on the job at hand.
Exceptional environment to work in providing great services to the student/athletes of the university.
Coach (Former Employee), Wichita, KSMay 13, 2014
A typical day at work as a bowling coach for the Wichita State University's Shocker Bowling Program is very rewarding. Each day is met with the desire to better the student athlete in all areas of player development and academic success. It is a great feeling bringing together students from all over the world and guiding them on the same path to reach – more... the ultimate goal of team bonding and success. – less
Urban University Providing Exceptional Opportunities
Program Consultant (Current Employee), Wichita, KSMay 9, 2014
The university is a primary employer in the city, serving the entire community with its outreach programs and additional opportunities.
database
Graduate Database Administrator (Current Employee), Environmental health and safetyMarch 28, 2014
I learned a lot of things from this job.

1.How to maintain database for the whole university.
2.team management
Application Developer - Frank Barton School of Business
Graduate Research Assistant (Current Employee), Frank Barton School of BusinessMarch 10, 2014
This is a good organization with excellent opportunities to its employees to grow along with them. It encouraged the employees to work in motivational manner and always helped at their work.
Best place to learn Networking
Graduate Research Assitant (Former Employee), Wichita, KSMarch 3, 2014
Pros: best management team
You get to work on many Cisco small business devices and create labs to solve the problems of the customer.

1 2 3