widener University

widener University Employer Reviews

Work Study
Game Day Management- Work the home games (Former Employee), Chester, PAJune 2, 2014
worked to earn money during the school year, helped out with home games for soccer, softball, baseball, basketball, and track and field (indoor and outdoor)
Interesting and diverse culture on this campus
Lecturer/Nursing Educator (Current Employee), Chester, PAMay 23, 2014
Pros: great people!
Cons: parking is awful, no parking reserved for faculty
I have enjoyed working at Widener, it is an interesting and diverse culture actively engaged in the community of Chester. The leadership is extremely helpful in advancing ones career.
Productive, good on-campus job.
University Advancement/Provost (Former Employee), Chester, PAMay 20, 2014
An office job is a great one for a student. The co-workers are friendly and willing to help. The hardest part is managing the low student worker pay. The most enjoyable part is bringing school work to do while working.
Welcoming enviornment with supportive coworkers
Adjunct Professor of English (Former Employee), Chester, PAApril 17, 2014
Strong faculty support; eager students; freedom to be creative as a professor
Working at an after school program
After School Program Director (Current Employee), Chester, PAApril 2, 2014
Pros: can go to widener university for free
Cons: grant funded program
I provide overall management and supervision of the After School 21st century grant programs with a staff of 30 people and 210 students (1st-8th grade).
Terrible place to work
Director of Corporate Relations (Former Employee), Chester, PAMarch 19, 2014
Pros: friday's off during the summer
Cons: poor management, unfriendly work environment
Absolutely horrible job environment and poor management makes this the worst place I've worked in a long while. Glad to be out of there!
Skill And Experiences
HOUSEKEEPER/LAUNDRY (Former Employee), chester PaMarch 6, 2014
New People, skils, Experiences
New Environment
learning and teaching
I enjoy working with students
PSC/Bonner Coordinator (Former Employee), Chester, PAFebruary 19, 2014
A typical day for me includes checking emails and address student needs. I ensure that students are adhering to program requirements by confirming logged hours and creating training and enrichment workshops for them to attend. The other portion of my day with senior interns who serve as my executive team to ensure they they fulfill their daily and weekly – more... requirements.The part of my day that I enjoy the most is interacting with students. The least enjoyable part responding to all the emails that I get which at times can be overbearing. – less
Fun and quiet workplace
Office Assistant (Current Employee), Chester, PAFebruary 11, 2014
On a typical day, I will set up for simulations in the labs. I also give tours of the nursing building to prospective nursing students. I have to get my schoolwork and studying done at work which is an added bonus.
resident assistant
Resident Assistant (Former Employee), Chester, PAJanuary 31, 2014
During my tenure as a Resident Assistant I learned so much about myself and my work ethic. I was able to interact with my peers and managerial staff on a daily basis in a creative and stimulating manner. Effective commuication, time management, conflict resolution and building interpersonal relationships were just a few of the skills I gained from this – more... position! – less
Good School
Student Researcher (Current Employee), Chester, PADecember 22, 2013
Pros: small classes
Cons: small classes
Good school. The small class sizes benefits me because I am a slow learner. I have the opportunity to meet and work with my professors.
Relaxing
Auditorium Technician (Former Employee), Chester, PAOctober 2, 2013
I only had to work when there was an event on campus or a movie night that a club was having for the students. I worked alone most of the time.
A small university with a big heart
Associate Director of Stewardship (Former Employee), Chester, PASeptember 4, 2013
I appreciate the community service and social awareness/responsibility aspects of Widener University. A lot of the people I worked with were caring, fun, hard working individuals.
Great atmosphere and lots of independence
Office Assistant (Former Employee), Chester, PAAugust 29, 2013
Pros: would get free food after meetings, taken on trips provided to international students, and flexible hours
Cons: couldn't work more than 25 hours a week
Typical day involved working between classes where I aided international students with any concerns or questions. I answered phones and filed student documentation.

On occasion, if student needed transportation to the Social Security Office, local stores, or the airport, I would provide these services. During tax season, I also aided in tax form education/assistance.

My – more... job required a great amount of micromanaging of task to provide students with services around my work and college schedule. – less
Productive and busy place to work
Housekeeping (Former Employee), Chester, PAAugust 5, 2013
I've learned more about cleaning floors,from detail cleaning to stripping floors,scubing and buffing floors,including laying finish.My co-workers was good,the hardest part of the job is when someone calls out,but the enjoyable part was that I knew exactly what to do.
Great Institution
Student (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAJune 23, 2013
Changed my life for the better, where I developed my ability to lead and grow as a man.
Excellent work atmosphere and attitude toward employees
Production Assistant (Former Employee), Chester, PAMay 24, 2013
Pros: employee appreciation, flexible scheduling, working with people, creativity
As a Production Assistant at Widener University, you are responsible for daily maintenance of web content as well as instructing staff and faculty in managing their own web content. You handle proofreading and copy-editing of all public relations materials. You provide copy for a variety of university relations materials.
Widener University - University College
Assistant Director - University College (Former Employee), Chester, PAFebruary 24, 2013
Pros: working with adults and seeing them reach their goals.
Cons: alot of evening and weekend work.
University College is the undergraduate program for adults. Classes are held in the evening and weekends. Typical day included student selection and registration. Review of student coursework to insure completion of general education requirements. Various other duties.
Educational benefit for yourself and family far outweighed the lower salary.
Tough location
Assistant Dean (Current Employee), Chester, PAJanuary 21, 2013
Located in Chester PA, which is not the best of locations. Tuition centric revenue whith very high tuition for the reputation of the University.
Great Enviroment
Web Content Specialist & Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), Chester, PAJanuary 3, 2013
Widener University is a great environment and a wonderful place to have a job.