widener University Employee Reviews

Positive and diverse work environment
Transcript Specialist/Secretary (Former Employee) –  Chester, PAAugust 14, 2012
Working at Widener University was a great place for almost anyone to work. They have strong ideals about the education of the future generations and are very diverse, willing to accept almost anyone into their programs and workforce.
I started out in the Enrollment Services Office as the transcript specialist, was slightly crosstrained in other areas of the office including bursar, registrar, finincial aid, etc. My co workers and supervisors were always generous, kind, and accepting. Although it was a constant challenge working in higher education, I enjoyed every aspect of it.
Pros
great co workers, short weekends in summer, educational and other benefits
Cons
quick turnover rate.
Great atmosphere and lots of independence
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chester, PAAugust 29, 2013
Typical day involved working between classes where I aided international students with any concerns or questions. I answered phones and filed student documentation.

On occasion, if student needed transportation to the Social Security Office, local stores, or the airport, I would provide these services. During tax season, I also aided in tax form education/assistance.

My job required a great amount of micromanaging of task to provide students with services around my work and college schedule.
Pros
would get free food after meetings, taken on trips provided to international students, and flexible hours
Cons
couldn't work more than 25 hours a week
I enjoy working with students
PSC/Bonner Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Chester, PAFebruary 19, 2014
A typical day for me includes checking emails and address student needs. I ensure that students are adhering to program requirements by confirming logged hours and creating training and enrichment workshops for them to attend. The other portion of my day with senior interns who serve as my executive team to ensure they they fulfill their daily and weekly requirements.The part of my day that I enjoy the most is interacting with students. The least enjoyable part responding to all the emails that I get which at times can be overbearing.
Campus Safety is more customer /student services not safety issues
Campus Safety Officer (Former Employee) –  Chester, PAMay 1, 2015
A typical day is walking, standing at an assigned post, no talking to co-workers and a 6 day work week is horrible on family life, but your only paid for 5 days. The 6th day goes to next week, 1 weekend off every 6 weeks. They give you an education benefit , but you cant use it (lol). The most enjoyable part of the job is helping the students get around the campus and to help them get adjusted to campus life.
Pros
maybe free sandwiches after football games
Cons
extreme amount of patroling the campus on foot, rain, snow, shine.
Widener University - University College
Assistant Director - University College (Former Employee) –  Chester, PAFebruary 24, 2013
University College is the undergraduate program for adults. Classes are held in the evening and weekends. Typical day included student selection and registration. Review of student coursework to insure completion of general education requirements. Various other duties.
Educational benefit for yourself and family far outweighed the lower salary.
Pros
working with adults and seeing them reach their goals.
Cons
alot of evening and weekend work.
Excellent work atmosphere and attitude toward employees
Production Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chester, PAMay 24, 2013
As a Production Assistant at Widener University, you are responsible for daily maintenance of web content as well as instructing staff and faculty in managing their own web content. You handle proofreading and copy-editing of all public relations materials. You provide copy for a variety of university relations materials.
Pros
employee appreciation, flexible scheduling, working with people, creativity
resident assistant
Resident Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chester, PAJanuary 31, 2014
During my tenure as a Resident Assistant I learned so much about myself and my work ethic. I was able to interact with my peers and managerial staff on a daily basis in a creative and stimulating manner. Effective commuication, time management, conflict resolution and building interpersonal relationships were just a few of the skills I gained from this position!
Interesting and diverse culture on this campus
Lecturer/Nursing Educator (Current Employee) –  Chester, PAMay 23, 2014
I have enjoyed working at Widener, it is an interesting and diverse culture actively engaged in the community of Chester. The leadership is extremely helpful in advancing ones career.
Pros
great people!
Cons
parking is awful, no parking reserved for faculty
Productive and busy place to work
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Chester, PAAugust 5, 2013
I've learned more about cleaning floors,from detail cleaning to stripping floors,scubing and buffing floors,including laying finish.My co-workers was good,the hardest part of the job is when someone calls out,but the enjoyable part was that I knew exactly what to do.
Good workplace with good people.
Research assistant (Former Employee) –  Bartholamew LabAugust 6, 2015
Small university where you will be able to interact with a diverse faculty without having to travel to far. Some people need some time getting use to but the overall experience was positive.
Pros
Friendly staff
Cons
Surrounding location not the safest
Working at an after school program
After School Program Director (Current Employee) –  Chester, PAApril 2, 2014
I provide overall management and supervision of the After School 21st century grant programs with a staff of 30 people and 210 students (1st-8th grade).
Pros
can go to widener university for free
Cons
grant funded program
Productive, good on-campus job.
University Advancement/Provost (Former Employee) –  Chester, PAMay 20, 2014
An office job is a great one for a student. The co-workers are friendly and willing to help. The hardest part is managing the low student worker pay. The most enjoyable part is bringing school work to do while working.
Terrible place to work
Director of Corporate Relations (Former Employee) –  Chester, PAMarch 19, 2014
Absolutely horrible job environment and poor management makes this the worst place I've worked in a long while. Glad to be out of there!
Pros
friday's off during the summer
Cons
poor management, unfriendly work environment
A small university with a big heart
Associate Director of Stewardship (Former Employee) –  Chester, PASeptember 4, 2013
I appreciate the community service and social awareness/responsibility aspects of Widener University. A lot of the people I worked with were caring, fun, hard working individuals.
Fun and quiet workplace
Office Assistant (Current Employee) –  Chester, PAFebruary 11, 2014
On a typical day, I will set up for simulations in the labs. I also give tours of the nursing building to prospective nursing students. I have to get my schoolwork and studying done at work which is an added bonus.
Resident assistant
Resident Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chester, PAJune 26, 2015
I loved being a resident assitant in widener university. I was treated very respectfully and was able to work in our own convenience. It was an awesome experience.
Work Study
Game Day Management- Work the home games (Former Employee) –  Chester, PAJune 2, 2014
worked to earn money during the school year, helped out with home games for soccer, softball, baseball, basketball, and track and field (indoor and outdoor)
Good School
Student Researcher (Current Employee) –  Chester, PADecember 22, 2013
Good school. The small class sizes benefits me because I am a slow learner. I have the opportunity to meet and work with my professors.
Pros
small classes
Cons
small classes
desktop technician / teacher
PC SUPPORT TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  chester , paAugust 14, 2015
I work as computer technician for almost eight years. It was great experience and I learned a lot in last eight year in Widener University.
Graduate Work
Graduate Area Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Chester, PAFebruary 25, 2015
I worked here while completing my MBA and enjoyed the work I did and the people I worked with. It was a fun environment and always a new adventure