widener University Employee Reviews

Adjunct Professor of Chemistry
Adjunct Professor (Former Employee) –  Chester, PANovember 2, 2017
I was hired to teach a Nursing Chemistry Laboratory. As such, I had responsibility to prepare for the lab, to teach the lab, maintain safe operations in the lab, grade lab reports, proctor lab examinations and grade these examinations. Since it was a non-tenure track position, the responsibilities were definitely in line with the compensation.
Pros
part time
Cons
non-tenure track
Good opportunity as a student
Resident Assistant (Current Employee) –  Chester, PAOctober 23, 2017
Check in and check out with students in my building, attend weekly meetings to discuss campus activities. Developed great leadership skills, and interpersonal relationships
Great Place to work!
Manager, University Center (Current Employee) –  Chester, PASeptember 19, 2017
Widener is an ever expanding place to work. Having this as a part time job while completing my degree was excellent. This position also allowed me to get my school work done while working.
Pros
Friendly Environment
Friendly staff
Administrative Assistant III (Former Employee) –  Chester, PASeptember 12, 2017
Culture is friendly. Busy atmosphere. Learning something new every day. A typical workday changes for day to day. The direct supervision is great leadership.
Loved working with the student population.
Therapist/educator (Former Employee) –  Chester, PASeptember 6, 2017
Widener is a small college and I liked that. It gave all of us a feeling of being part of a team. I worked as a therapist/educator and always worked independently which was a huge plus. My ideas were valued and I had lots of opportunities to grow in my position.
Pros
Work environment and loved working with the students.
Cons
Occasionally very stressful when a student was dealing with a traumatic event, suicidal ideation, or a life-threatening situation.
Needs Improvement
Secretary (Former Employee) –  Chester, PAJuly 7, 2017
Dealing with students, faculty, and other staff on a daily basis. Lots of responsibilities. Slow at points of the semester and busy during events. Answering emails, phone calls, and walk-in inquiries about the department.
Unannounced changes in the university shift job responsibilities to become more than what originally expected. Could be better, but the university is trying to upgrade their status.
Pros
paid time off, tuition reimbursement for employees, campus safety
Cons
Unannounced position cuts, short staffed, slow management response, parking
Waking up doing what I love rather than going to work
Assistant Basketball Coach (Current Employee) –  Chester, PAJune 19, 2017
A typical day at work should be one of excitement. When you wake up in the morning, you should have the mindset of going to work because you love it, not going to work because it is your job. A typical work place should be an exciting environment with people who all get along inside and outside of work. You should have coworkers who are more than happy to assist anyone with anything. The job should provide great security for its' employees, with benefits and opportunities to grow. The hardest part of work should be leaving. Again, waking up doing what you love is not hard. You should want to be at work no matter how long your shift is. Quite frankly, if you are enjoying yourself time flies. That's how I see work should be.
Pros
Free lunches, equal opportunities, room for growth
Cons
commute if you live far
Could be intersting
Post Office Worker (Current Employee) –  Chester, PAMay 16, 2017
Working at the Post Office at Widener University can be fun at times but the supervisor is extremely unprofessional. He doesn't know what he is doing and often makes mistakes to the point it messing up me along with employees. Our actual manager is really nice and helpful!
Cons
short breaks
Fun Place to Work
Student intern (Former Employee) –  Chester, PAApril 30, 2017
Good, easy, laid back job. You can make your own hours, you get good deals on the food, the managers are very nice. If you like small local businesses you'll love working here.
Great place to work at but pay scale is not the greates
Groundskeeper and Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Chester, PAApril 22, 2017
Great team to work with at widener ,reason of layoff was due to cutting work force because of less grounds to take care of do to more campus building being built .
Pros
Got free tituion
Cons
Not pay well for the work
average
Rock Climbing Wall Attendant (Former Employee) –  Chester, PA 19013April 20, 2017
This was a rather easy job working in the wellness center. I felt at times that it was incredibly boring and uneventful. Many days I wasnt required to do anything
Flexible schedule
Game day assistant (Current Employee) –  Chester, PAApril 4, 2017
Job was to help with money while on campus, I worked any games that I was able to attend and the pay was every other week. It was an on campus job that just helped fill time.
Determined, hard working environment
SPIN INSTRUCTOR (Current Employee) –  Chester, PAMarch 30, 2017
Widener University is my home away from home. Ever since I stepped on campus I felt involved and wanted on this campus. While on campus, I joined a sorority, became a pride ambassador, and I also hold multiple jobs. I love being busy and juggling with schoolwork it is very doable.
Productive place
Student Tutor (Current Employee) –  Chester, PAMarch 26, 2017
I always look forward to helping students succeed. I understand how it feels to be in their spot and want to help them as much as I can. Tutoring has taught me different strategies about how to go about teaching topics because not everyone learns the same.
Good College
Research and Graduate Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chester, PAJanuary 28, 2017
Friendly, convenient & flexible place to work at. Entire staff are very supportive and realistic. Got education stipend as my remuneration. Enjoyed my time while at Widener University.
Not good
Adjunct Professor (Current Employee) –  Chester, PAJanuary 7, 2017
For Adjunct possition - No benefits, no an office space to speak with students, no printer to print documents, no parking spot
Good people, not so good upper management
Adjunct Associate Professor, (Current Employee) –  Chester, PADecember 18, 2016
Too many less paid adjunct professors, and luck of full time faculty positions. Teaching school with no so many (or any) space and resources for research activities.
its a fun place to work
Campus Safety Officer (Former Employee) –  Chester, PAOctober 11, 2016
Its a good place to work inspite of the supervisors and other mamnagment. And dont work on second shift if you are trying to go to school there
Director University Center
Director of the University Center (Former Employee) –  Chester, PASeptember 12, 2016
GREAT PLACE TO WORK, The school is in a great location to Philadelphia and has an excelent CAPS center. The school of education is awsome and really make taking grad classes very easy,
Pros
location
Great learning environment
Adjunct Professor (Current Employee) –  Chester, PAAugust 4, 2016
Excellent teaching experience with supportive tenure faculty.
Part-time nature of the position has allowed me to complete my PhD program.