WideOrbit Employee Reviews

Growing company with great work environment
Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALApril 6, 2016
WideOrbit marries software development with media delivery and analysis. Management is accessible and friendly, co-workers are close and welcoming, upper management is open and communicative about current and future plans and objectives. Most enjoyable part of the job is a fast-paced work environment with a wide variety of projects in progress. Lots of opportunity for advancement and strong focus on a healthy, friendly work environment.
Pros
benefits, fully stocked and free cafe, telecommuting
Cons
Finite number of positions with little turnover, dominant product is at peak saturation, coding is done in a niche language (Delphi)
Going downhill, financial issues, 10% workforce suddenly laid off
Software Developer (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, WAMarch 31, 2016
Pros: Really nice people to work with, positive work environment. Good benefits.

Cons: Management doesn't know what they're doing.
I was hired, and after a couple months myself and 5-6 others were all laid off with no warning or explanation other than head count needed to be reduced. I asked one of the people who let me go about why I was even hired in the first place and was told it was poor management plain and simple!
Awesome Potential - Squandered
Product Manager (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAMarch 5, 2016
Such great potential. You'll be challenged, work with some good co-workers who will appreciate you, some customers who think you walk on water for them but none of that will matter when the cost slashing happens.

In what caught everyone by surprise, in one day a large percentage of the workforce was let go with no specific rhyme or reason as to who stayed and who went except that every team made a contribution even if profitable.

Perhaps a few less faraway management retreats or marketing meetings would demonstrate some financial restraint to those who were let go.

I wish them well but cannot help but feel some survivors remorse.
Pros
Very sharp co-workers who care about doing well
Cons
Disposable workforce
Good Company, but not going anywhere
Technical Solutions Engineer (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CADecember 18, 2014
It's a decent company, but there is a severe lack of culture and a disconnect between management and employees. I enjoyed working here mostly, but there were things that bothered me. My intention was to stay at WideOrbit for a long time, but the cons started to outweigh the pros very quickly.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at WideOrbit. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8