WIL Research Laboratories, LLC

WIL Research Laboratories, LLC United States Employee Reviews

Provides good training
Research Biologist (Toxicology) (Current Employee), Ashland, OHNovember 25, 2013
WIL Research is a known name among contract research organization. My experiences and work days vary between my multiple skill sets and ability to work with multiple studies and species within a given day. Specificity within typical days are hard to describe with such a continuously changing schedule.
This company is run by vampires
Supervisor (Former Employee), Ashland, OHOctober 20, 2013
Pros: a fresh grad (bs or phd) can get some skills for their resume.
Cons: you will start to hate yourself. your family will too.
No work/life balance. Periods of lengthy overtime (60-80hr weeks - generally summertime and thanksgiving/christmas) followed by furloughs / unannounced layoffs / restructuring have become a regular part of life over the last four years. Regular restructuring makes it difficult to impress your boss, because you never know who will be your boss when it comes time to get your review. Understaffing has led to major quality errors (recent warning letter from the FDA and multiple studies are being repeated at WIL's expense). Upper management is highly secretive and has frequent closed-door meetings. It is difficult to get an appointment to speak with your boss. Disagreements at the director / executive level have led to frequent management shifts. All of the founders have left the company. Supposed annual bonuses for low-level folks are based on company profit targets set by directors (let me hear "EBITDA" one more time); while director level bonuses are guaranteed regardless of profit (I use the word 'supposed' because, up to the date that I left, these folks have never received their bonus and have always been told to "try harder next year"). There is no respect for technical staff or toxicologists. The idea that everyone is replaceable is frequently reinforced.
My review obviously got removed
Research Biologist (Former Employee), Ashland, OhioMay 13, 2013
Pros: benefits, working with hundreds of animals that make a daily sacrifice
Cons: co-workers, management, job security
This is a seriously flawed company and my previous review was "deleted"...SO, let's try again. We moved from point A to point B for this supposed great job opportunity I had...Well, since day one (the day I started), I have received nothing but dirty looks and ignorant comments from fellow co-workers. I have worked there for less than a year and laid off, YES, they lay-off , all of the time....within a seven month period of my employment, there has been 4 layoff periods which I was not forgotten in the fourth. Co-workers are ignorant, rude and demeaning. Never in my life have I worked in a place that featured so many "professionally ignorant" people. Management is horrible, and always off in there own little world. As I have seen, there is nothing but favoritism, and "High School"-esque Cliques there. AVOID this place, and read those reviews, not from only this site, but others as well!!! Stay far, far, far, away!!!!!!!!
Not managed well
Research Biologist in Necropsy (Former Employee), Ashland, OHMarch 12, 2013
Pros: great coworkers
Cons: bad management
Started off as a very good company while i was there but favoritism is a big problem and causes tension amongst coworkers
Great pay rates and benefits.
Research Biologist (Former Employee), Ashland, ohMay 9, 2012
Pay is good. Benefits are good. Management needs work. They are flexible with days off if the company is not busy.
Excellent staff of BS/BA, MS, and PhD's to work with.
Compliance Specialist, Quality Assurance (Former Employee), Ashland, OHJanuary 9, 2012
Pros: fun fund raisers such as "wil-bay", dunk your favorite supervisor, for community causes, book sales by a major publisher.
Cons: 2008-2010 cutbacks cut out many perks, such as christmas turkeys, parties, few opportunities for advancement in qa.
Co-workers, supervisors and managers have all been very supportive and helpful. Location with easy access off Interstate 71.

About WIL Research Laboratories, LLC

WIL RESEARCH LABORATORIES, LLC is an interdisciplinary non-clinical contract research organization providing product safety and – Read more