WIL Research Employee Reviews in United States

Might be a good first job for some...
Biologist (Current Employee) –  Ashland, OHJune 13, 2015
It is a very demanding job that is fast paced and often under staffed. Quality driven which is nice but the management is not appreciative of the hard work that goes into the work. Most Co-workers are very pleasant to deal with because everybody knows how many hours we put in together. The hardest part of the job is not getting to see your family during the extremely busy periods of the year.
Pros
Overtime if you want it
Cons
Pay raises and advancement
I learned a lot and gained a lot of experience with my work and great co-workers. However I questioned the incompetent decisions from management.
Chemist II, Analytical Chemistry (Current Employee) –  Ashland, OHJune 3, 2015
This company is a nice place to learned your role and performed your work. I say my co-workers are great to work with from the work and personal aspects. I have learned a lot and so far gain so much experience. However, with the change of management and supervisors and in terms of promotions and moving up, I do not think this will be a long term career here at WIL. If the previous supervisor and director was still here, I would not think about looking for another job or even question their decision, because I know they support us and make decisive decisions based on what's best for not only for the company but for our departments from director to the laboratory assistant. Overtime is ok, but it does build up overtime to where I do not think I would remain here when if I do get married and start a family. I would not make any excuses to not attend for example my child's soccer game or school concert when I have to work. In all, WIL Research is a great company to build your experiences and career, but for the long term, unless there's better management, it would be best to move elsewhere.
Pros
Good co-workers and mostly independent in our duties and responsibilities.
Cons
long hours due to work out of our capacity and little support from management
Great place to move up
Animal Husbandry Tech (Current Employee) –  Ashland, OHMarch 23, 2015
This place is wonderful. There are so many different opportunities to get involved within the company. You are thrown into a multitude of different careers and outlooks. Great place for college grads.
A lot of experience in a short time.
Bio-Analytical Chemist (Former Employee) –  Ashland, OHNovember 20, 2014
First thing in the morning, I analyzed the data that was collected through the night. I prepared a report for the analyzed data collected. Then we had a meeting to go over what was on the agenda for the day. Then I read the protocol and methods for the study I was assigned too. After that, I retrieved my samples and started preparing the samples to be analyzed on the HPLC's. While preparing the samples I got the HPLC's ready. Once the samples were finished, I put them on the HPLC and started the run.

I learned how to validate instruments and methods, write reports and protocols, troubleshoot instrumentation problems and methods, and handle biological specimens. I also learned method development.

The hardest part of the job was the mandatory overtime 60+ hours a week including weekends. Management didn't believe in life/work balance.

The most enjoyable part of the job was obtaining a lot of experience and that there was always something to do. You stayed extremely busy and I worked extremely efficient.
you CANNOT be fired
Lead Toxicology Biologist (Former Employee) –  Ashland, OHSeptember 17, 2014
the bio security is laughable. its brainless work. they say you need a degree to do this job, but if you can count, they will hire you. super fast employee turnover. scary place to work.
Typical CRO
Project Specialist (Current Employee) –  Skokie, ILJune 23, 2014
Demanding CRO scheduling; fair, organized, approachable management.
Cons
mostly hires contract workers.
I was just an Intern
Formulations Intern (Former Employee) –  Ashland, OHNovember 14, 2013
I was an intern so I got some of the more tedious jobs. I started early and finished a little late every day. The people I worked with were generally nice;however, they weren't the brightest. The managers I worked with were awesome the main guy I reported to though is no longer with the company. The hardest part of my job was getting up and working at 7 in the morning. The most enjoyable part of the job was the time when we all finished our work but still had to wait for one of the things to finish being prepared.
what it's like there
Animal Research (Current Employee) –  Ashland, OHFebruary 21, 2013
It's a good place to work. I love my co-workers, and I love what I do. I'm just looking for something different.
A fast paced yet impersonal environment
CRO (Current Employee) –  Skokie, ILDecember 8, 2012
A typical day consisted of 9-10 hours of work. Everything was fast paced yet we did not have the support staff to sustain the pace in which managment dictated. Due to the understaffing of the work place you had to learn to perform many roles. Most employees did the work of two people on a daily basis.
The best part about working at WIL Research was the people in which I worked with. There were some very talented and hardworking scientist. We all learned to pull together to meet the ridiculously short timelines.
Pros
you learned a great deal about the fast paced world of a cro
Cons
there were not enough resources to do your job.
fast pasted place place to work
Animal Husbandry Technician (Former Employee) –  Ashland, OHOctober 26, 2012
fast paced,physical job. given a schedule of rooms to be done and expected to make sure u get them done with minimal supervision. is great position to set your own day in a way as long as u r a good time manager. breaks r to be scheduled by u whenever your schedule permits. you do most of your day on your own but on occasion on bigger tasks you are expected to work as a team to finish the task. are expected to help out in any location to ensure that all members of the team finish all the schedule.
Pros
fast, physical, job allowed to basically set your own day great beniefits
Cons
not very concerned with individual on management level..not very "family friendly" to a point