Wilberforce University Employee Reviews

Productive and professional
Student activities Director (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJanuary 14, 2018
Would definitely have continued working for them. Wilberforce University was an excellent career opportunity that taught me a lot. I gained many new skills and even found mentors to work beside me.
Great Place to be an Adjunct Instructor
Facilitator/Trainer (Current Employee) –  Wilberforce, OHDecember 12, 2017
A typical day working as an Online Adjunct instructor was very rewarding, I enjoyed the culture and workplace. The hardest part was not interacting with the other instructors.
Pros
Online/ Remote
Cons
Limited Interaction with other Instructors
not a good place to work
Full-time Adjunct Professor (Current Employee) –  Wilberforce, OHDecember 6, 2017
Not a good workplace environment, the faculty and staff are not all on one accord. There is a disconnect between the two. there is too much going on within the University for some one to advance, people are under paid.
Fub
Library Assistant (Former Employee) –  OhioOctober 9, 2017
It was a nice job just some employee s and manager used to just act crazy for some reason even when u trying still yell.i liked the job but need new boss
Pros
Read on free time
Cons
Had to be aware everything
Walking on egg shells
Technology Analyst (Former Employee) –  Wilberforce, OHAugust 15, 2017
I love Wilberforce University it's my alma mater and I am also a former employee. The university was in dire need of upgrades and progress was/is being made. The biggest problem was the administrations in charge of running the institution for the past say decade or so. Too much time and money spent on self celebrations, stuffing pockets and superficial improvements to impress visitors.
Pros
Its the first HBCU in the nation and there is a spiritual connection to history.
Cons
Poor board and administrative decision making.
Productive and fun work environment
MAIL ROOM ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Wilberforce, OHAugust 8, 2017
Great atmosphere and environment. I worked with lovely and caring people in the financial aid & services department and Mail room. The work was simple and at ease. The work experience was stress-free which was the most enjoyable part of the job.
Poor Management
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Wilberforce, OHAugust 4, 2017
This university is the absolute worst place to work. You will not get paid on time and the management is oblivious to the everyday problems. I feel bad for the students because they are the ones who suffers the most. High turnover rate, work morale is extremely low, you will work weekends and 12 hour work days regularly. There is no work life balance.
Pros
You will meet some awesome students
Cons
Management, Morale, Culture, Pay
Fulfilling, stressful, rewarding
Associate Vice President (Former Employee) –  Wilberforce, OHJuly 8, 2017
The students make everything worthwhile. It's high stress because the resources to do your job is usually lacking, but this provides an opportunity to get creative and innovative to make things happen.
Pros
Spurs the use of creativity and innovation, interaction with students
Cons
Limited resources, usually requires long hours
Uncertain
Low end employee (Current Employee) –  Wilberforce, OHJuly 6, 2017
An uncertain place to work, where management seems to be absent from the issues that occur daily. No support, and uncertain if you are going to be paid on time.
Cons
Never get paid ontime, and management
Computer Lab Intern
Lab Intern (Former Employee) –  Wilberforce, OHJune 28, 2017
I would check in with my supervisor to see what my daily assignment were to be. I learned how to grade students work and apply their grades to Microsoft Excel. the hardest part was not having errors on the spreadsheet of grades. the most enjoyable part was learning something new just about everyday
Pros
great work enviornment
Cons
n/a
Entry level only
Staff Member (Former Employee) –  Wilberforce, OHJune 18, 2017
Great place to gain entry level experience. Turnover and lack of resources make it difficult to assess the full potential of the University. Historically, it has been a beacon of Black excellence.
Pros
history, alumni
Cons
benefits, turnover
Helpful, productive, and caring work/school place
HEALTH AND WELLNESS WORK STUDY STUDENT (Former Employee) –  Wilberforce, OHJune 15, 2017
Work study hours worked around your class schedule, I worked in the health and wellness center where I had multiple jobs such as; sorting paper work, answering phones, doing everything the school nurse and councilors asked of me
Pros
Doing school work at work, wonderful supervisors, getting experience
Cons
Running out of things to do and being bored
Must be able to perform job duties with limited resources
Head Men's Basketball Coach (Former Employee) –  Wilberforce, OHJune 11, 2017
Working with the student body was very rewarding. I learned that you must have administrative support for your program to flourish. The work environment was very challenging.
Pros
Small campus environment
Cons
Healthcare and retirement plans are inadequate
Very good work enviroment.
Director of Cooperative Education (Current Employee) –  Wilberforce, OHMay 26, 2017
Very good place to work. The University is located in Wilberforce Ohio. The staff is very friendly and works hard for the students that attend the Univ.
Pros
Very good work enviroment.
Cons
No cons.
good first
Assistant Conductor (Former Employee) –  Wilberforce, OHMay 23, 2017
Worked in the music program which unfortunately no longer exist. Very good place to learn professionalism and time management. Had fun while working in the department
There were ups and Downs
Library Assistant (Former Employee) –  Wilberforce, OHMay 18, 2017
Everyday I would come into work, make sure that all the computer were put on the right web page that they needed to be on. I would go around and check on all the student to make sure that everyone was OK and didn't need any help. I talked and help guided the student with anything they needed regarding the schools scholarly online journals and magazines.
Pros
health care benefits and flexible hours
Cons
Not a lot of resources and equipment to help the students
Administration needs improvement
Assistant (Current Employee) –  Wilberforce, OHMay 6, 2017
Administration needs improvement. Some management do not have leadership skills.

Workplace culture needs improvement. Organization is getting better but a long way to go
Work Study is helpful.
Library assistant (Former Employee) –  Xenia, OHMay 2, 2017
Overall it is a good learning experience. Has its ups and downs but it is not the worse job ever. A typical day at work includes assisting students in the library with whatever they need help with. I learned how to stay calm under stressful situations and keep a smile on my face. The workplace culture is a calm setting. The hardest part of the job is dealing with the hours set for you. The library only being open from 9 a.m- 5:00 p.m 5 days a week makes it difficult for us college students to maintain classes and work. The most enjoyable part of the job is meeting new people and interacting with others.
It was fun and productive
Food Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Xenia, OHApril 30, 2017
It was a very easy job to to do and everyone was friendly there. It was very relaxed and went very smoothly you can work at your own pace. And it was in a nice environment
Fun
Math Tutor (Former Employee) –  Wilberforce, OHApril 20, 2017
I got the chance to help other student's with homework. Most students don't like to accept the fact they need help but at Wilberforce they knew I was all about helping.