Wilbert Plastic Services Employee Reviews

Very easy going company
Process Technician (Current Employee) –  Forest City, NCAugust 8, 2017
Great place to work at, friendly enviroment. Hot environment, gotta stay hydrated. Great managers and plant supervisors. Would recommend anyone to work here.
Pros
Benfits
Cons
Not enough hours
learned alot. then it went downhill
Maintenance Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  White Bear Lake, MNJuly 25, 2017
wilbert was a challenging new experience. then, 6 months ago our general manager was terminated for falsifying shipping labels. then without any supervision there was no accountability in any department and cut backs were needed to repay the losses created by the previous GM. the company "reorganized" many long term dedicated employeees were let go
Pros
coworkers were great friends
Cons
always doing things the easy way not the right way
Injection molding for automotive and appliance industry
Quality Manager / Quality Engineer (Former Employee) –  Bellevue, OHJuly 2, 2017
Large corporation with several sister companies. I managed a team of around 12 employees. Injection molding small and large parts. Great customer and supplier interaction.
Pros
Travel to customers and suppliers
Cons
Work - life balance
This factory is one of the best.
Machine Operator/Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Lebanon, KYJune 13, 2017
Yes. It might be hot in the factory but overall the people and management are amazing! They honestly don't ask for much as long as you do your job. They treat you well!
Pros
Healthcare and benefits
Cons
Short breaks
Plant Management is decent, Corporate is short-sighted
Salary-indirect (Current Employee) –  Easley, SCJune 1, 2017
Some exceptional employees that will never get raises or promotions. Some terrible employees that will never get disciplined or let go, even when they should. No real reward for going above and beyond the bare minimum, except maybe the occasional pat on the back.
Plant has improved and still is working on becoming a better workplace. Has a great team in place at the plant level and stays busy. Business always seems to be growing.
Pros
stable job, people
Cons
cheap healthcare, no advancement, cheap pay
friendly environment clean work area run cnc machine do different jobs
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Belmont, NCMay 9, 2017
Great place to work ..friendly clean environment hands on training fun the hours working four tens and off every weekend the insurance is good benefits are a plus
Pros
the benefits and pay
Cons
short breaks
I very productive and secure job.
Machine Operator/Assembler (Former Employee) –  Easley, SCFebruary 18, 2017
When I started at Wilbert Plastics I was trained in multiply areas. First just a machine operator then a relief operator and also a MI.
Pros
I had the ability use to my training to do many things within factory.
Cons
I wa interested in first shirt but it had a really long waiting list for first shift.
Very fun
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Bellevue, OHFebruary 10, 2017
Wilbert was a great place to work at, very uplifting people, always made the work place safe & quite fun, we knew when it was time to get to work, & when it was time for play
Pros
Healthcare
Cons
Short breaks
Steady job with good benefits
Assembly (Former Employee) –  Harrisburg, NCFebruary 2, 2017
This was a steady job with good benefits. I got along really well with my coworkers and the managers were fair. The down side was it was really hot in the summertime due to the equipment and not air conditioning. I left because of having to move with my family.
An alright place to start a career in plastics, but not a great place to stay forever
Process Technician (Former Employee) –  Bellevue, OHDecember 24, 2016
I worked hard to get hired into this place and watch it grow for 4 years until finally being fired the day I was supposed to go back to work from an accident I got in while working on a press. For mold setters and process techs be very careful at this place. In 2015 OSHA came in and slammed them with over a dozen violations. It's a good place to start learning about the plastic industry but I'm glad I'm not there anymore.
Pros
Job advancement, learn a lot if your motivated too.
Cons
Not safe, communication can be horrible as well as the training they provide.
Keep looking unless you really need a job
Process Technician (Former Employee) –  Bellevue, OHNovember 21, 2016
The turnover rate is really high here. I worked at this place for 4 years and seen a dozen plant managers go through it. I would look else where if you want a good paying job.
Pros
A step into plastics
Cons
Unsafe, bad managing, chaotic
Horrible place to work
Operator (Current Employee) –  Forest City, NCSeptember 18, 2016
It is a very hot place to work, the management is horrible especially the plant manager and the Human Resources woman Bonita. She is two faced and discuss person business with other employees. She hired her daughters boyfriend and since day one he has gotten special treatment and advanced in job positions. If she doesn't like you she will find a reason to get rid of you. She looks down on people. The pay is horrible for the work you have to do. You are expected to practically live in the plant. You can't make plans because they wait until last minute to tell you that you have to work the weekend. If there is is a holiday you may as well plan on working the weekend for straight time. The turn over rate for operators is horrible out of 5 hired only 2 may stay. They can not keep process technicians or maintenance personnel because they are over worked.they fire people for drugs and rehire them not long after. There is no since of job security here. None of management has a clue of how to run a company. They are constantly running out of supplies and ship customers bad product in a daily basis
Pros
Pay check
Cons
No one has a clue how to do their job
production/pleasant working enviorment
Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  Harrisburg, NCNovember 27, 2015
An edgy enviorment with a new set of rules . With all the politics and the new changes around the plant.People that have been there try to make it a fun and happy enviorment.
Pros
Cons
short breaks and terrible bennifits.
Will not be recommending Wilbert Plastic Services
Administrative Assistant/Document Control Clerk (Former Employee) –  Easley, SCOctober 1, 2015
My time at Wilbert was the most unstable, confusing, and frustrating time of my entire work history. No one ever seemed to know what was going on.
Nice place to work
Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  Lebanon KYSeptember 2, 2015
Decent place to work depending on where you are placed. some areas aren't that bad but others can be a little stressful.There really isn't a typical at Wilberts, Everyday is different. My co workers can be a handful but others are really nice and enjoyable. The hardest part would be sometimes keeping up with the presses as due to some running under a minute cycles with slower secondary's,
Pros
Nice break room with lots of choices
Cons
Not enough breaks
fast paced factory environment
Team Lead (Current Employee) –  White Bear Lake, MNJuly 16, 2015
Ten hour days Monday to Thursday with overtime opportunities on Fridays. 3 different departments in production, assembly, CNC machines, and forming. Thermoforming plastic company that makes hundreds of different plastic parts.
Pros
paid weekly, great people to work with
Cons
hot and humid in the factory during the summer
Fast paced automotive injection molding
Lead (Former Employee) –  Easley, SCJanuary 23, 2015
A typical day at WPS involves providing labels and other information to all departments involved and assisting any and all employees or supervisors with any task asked. I learned parts of scheduling and supervising of the production dept. along with basic computers skills. The co-workers are very family oriented and most treat eachother the same way. The hardest part of this job was the repetetiveness of certain trimming and handling of parts. The most enjoyable part was working with people I grew close to.
Pros
A consistant schedule
Cons
Occasional weekend work
I enjoyed working with my co-workers
Tool Crib Attendant (Former Employee) –  Lebanon, KYDecember 17, 2014
I enjoyed the work that I did in the Tool Crib at Wilbert Plastic Services
Improfessional.
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Lebanon, KYSeptember 4, 2014
Was burned out over the course of two years working 60 to 80 hour weeks. Was the most dedicated employee you could ask for. Then was walked out for taking a weekend off. Only had one absence in the two years I was there.
Good company with great people
Project Engineer (Current Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNJuly 29, 2014
Good company with great people to work with. Company aims for lean approach which can make things difficult when numerous projects are happening at one time.