Wilbert Plastic Services Employee Reviews

Horrible place to work
Operator (Current Employee) –  Forest City, NCSeptember 18, 2016
It is a very hot place to work, the management is horrible especially the plant manager and the Human Resources woman Bonita. She is two faced and discuss person business with other employees. She hired her daughters boyfriend and since day one he has gotten special treatment and advanced in job positions. If she doesn't like you she will find a reason to get rid of you. She looks down on people. The pay is horrible for the work you have to do. You are expected to practically live in the plant. You can't make plans because they wait until last minute to tell you that you have to work the weekend. If there is is a holiday you may as well plan on working the weekend for straight time. The turn over rate for operators is horrible out of 5 hired only 2 may stay. They can not keep process technicians or maintenance personnel because they are over worked.they fire people for drugs and rehire them not long after. There is no since of job security here. None of management has a clue of how to run a company. They are constantly running out of supplies and ship customers bad product in a daily basis
Pros
Pay check
Cons
No one has a clue how to do their job
Nice place to work
Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  Lebanon KYSeptember 2, 2015
Decent place to work depending on where you are placed. some areas aren't that bad but others can be a little stressful.There really isn't a typical at Wilberts, Everyday is different. My co workers can be a handful but others are really nice and enjoyable. The hardest part would be sometimes keeping up with the presses as due to some running under a minute cycles with slower secondary's,
Pros
Nice break room with lots of choices
Cons
Not enough breaks
Management needs serious makeover
Plastic Mold Operator (Former Employee) –  Harrisburg, NCAugust 14, 2013
Extremely fast paste work environment. Bring your own band aid's medical cabinet has extremely out-dated supplies. Management has a serious problem with trying to do the right thing, but when they make a decision it normal blows up in there face and affects everyone. Doesn't matter how hard you work they expect more and not pay you sufficiently. 4 positions will be asked of you to do and you are only 1 person. Respect that's out the door, nobody cares. Co-workers are fine usually to work with, but supervisors they all have their own issues and bring it inside the work place and take it out on everyone. Hardest part of the job putting up with stupid people that they decide to keep rather than the hard working people who made a difference. Most enjoyable part of the job was when it was over and you don't have to listen about others mistakes. No job security, no respect, no point.
Pros
job
Cons
no breaks, no lunch, no respect for others, no trust
Horrible company to work for
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  White Bear Lake, MNJanuary 18, 2014
This is one of the worst companies I have ever worked for. They definitely have a "good ole boy" mentality. I dealt with racism, sexism etc. The majority of hourly workers are wonderful people and great to work with. But when.it comes to the people in higher positions and management thats a whole other story. They'll tell 30 minutes before the end of your shift that you have to stay 2 hours.longer, and if you cant then you're out of a job. They say that quality is their main concern, yet send products to costumers that they know are sub par. They have fired people who told them that there are problems with the product. The best thing you can do at this company is walk out the door.
Pros
great hourly employees
Cons
everything else
Will not be recommending Wilbert Plastic Services
Administrative Assistant/Document Control Clerk (Former Employee) –  Easley, SCOctober 1, 2015
My time at Wilbert was the most unstable, confusing, and frustrating time of my entire work history. No one ever seemed to know what was going on.
mostly good workers
machine operator (Former Employee) –  Forest City NCSeptember 23, 2013
In these trying times I thought I found a steady job! Less than poor management! Blame game constantly on going! After all is said and done at meetings more is said than done (nothing changes)! Rehires in management after being fired are brought back??? Machine operators at meetings are mention of importance, then once on the foor the situations are poor and it makes them feel LESS!
It's a shame with all the work they could produce and be profitable for ALL they just don't get it!
Pros
paycheck
Cons
7 days wk to make fair $$$$
Challenging work that I enjoy.
Dave Bigos, Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Easley, S.C.November 13, 2013
Change out 2 to 4 molds a shift in injection mold machines. I have done set-up for 16 yrs for one company and when I was trained in this company, the challenge was different and I like being challenged with new things. I have respect for the management that was immediately above. I have met some good people with a lot of the same ideals that I found stimulating. Learning things on the fly that I haven't been trained on. I was able to prove that I can perform my duties and got positive feed back on it.
Pros
freedom to work at my own pace and to improve work process where needed.
Cons
20 minute lunch 1 10 minute break, 1 day off every other week.
fast paced factory environment
Team Lead (Current Employee) –  White Bear Lake, MNJuly 16, 2015
Ten hour days Monday to Thursday with overtime opportunities on Fridays. 3 different departments in production, assembly, CNC machines, and forming. Thermoforming plastic company that makes hundreds of different plastic parts.
Pros
paid weekly, great people to work with
Cons
hot and humid in the factory during the summer
Fast paced automotive injection molding
Lead (Former Employee) –  Easley, SCJanuary 23, 2015
A typical day at WPS involves providing labels and other information to all departments involved and assisting any and all employees or supervisors with any task asked. I learned parts of scheduling and supervising of the production dept. along with basic computers skills. The co-workers are very family oriented and most treat eachother the same way. The hardest part of this job was the repetetiveness of certain trimming and handling of parts. The most enjoyable part was working with people I grew close to.
Pros
a consistant schedule
Cons
occasional weekend work
Horrible environment all together
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Rutherford county Vance st.September 17, 2013
The absolute worse place in Rutherford county to work. They expect your life to revolve around the company. I have seen the plant manager terminate more than one employee over personal differences that have nothing to do with their job. If your not prepared to change every aspect of your life to suit management then I would strongly suggest avoiding this company altogether
Pros
absolutely none!
Cons
horrible management, extremely hot work environment, at times a hostile work environment.
fun family oriented workplace w/room for advancement
Production Lead / Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  Belmont, NCAugust 27, 2012
Wilbert Plastic Services is a family oriented company that encourages furthering education, empowering and uplifting the surrounding community as well as effectively producing quality products for a growing customer base. Employee safety and customer satisfaction are the top two concerns for WPS. if you have the willingness to work, Wilbert Plastics Company receives my recommendations as a great place of employment....
Pros
countless...
Cons
small company
productive fun place
Operator, Material handler (Current Employee) –  Harrisburg, NCNovember 14, 2012
fun people and honest work. learned packaging and handling skills as well as motivation to get things done on my own.
Pros
free lunches
Decent Place to work
Assembly Operator (Former Employee) –  Bellevue, OHMay 9, 2012
A typical day at work consisted of assembling agitators and impellers for eight to twelve hours. Normally twelve. The hardest part about the job was the amount of overtime that was required by the empolyees. On a normal week i worked anywhere from twelve to twenty-four hours overtime.The most enjoyable part of the job was the pay check at the end of the week.
forest city
better not say. (Current Employee) –  forest city NCJuly 10, 2013
Poor place to work. Very hot. Nasty. Under paid. Poor management. Worst turn over of employee's I have seen. Let me just say again it is stupid hot in that place.
Pros
none here
Cons
no one in the plant even knows what there true responsibilitys are.
productive, management needs work though
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Easley, SCSeptember 22, 2012
overall a good pace to work, the management needs to get all in the right place and communicate better
Pros
overtime
Cons
7 days a week, no lif e outside of work
work place
Assembly Operator (Former Employee) –  lebanon kyMay 15, 2014
It was a great place to work good management and personal. Good assembly line and productivity .
Pros
good management and work enviorment
Cons
goes mostly threw tempory services
Good company with great people
Project Engineer (Current Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNJuly 29, 2014
Good company with great people to work with. Company aims for lean approach which can make things difficult when numerous projects are happening at one time.
Improfessional.
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Lebanon, KYSeptember 4, 2014
Was burned out over the course of two years working 60 to 80 hour weeks. Was the most dedicated employee you could ask for. Then was walked out for taking a weekend off. Only had one absence in the two years I was there.
I enjoyed working with my co-workers
Tool Crib Attendant (Former Employee) –  Lebanon, KYDecember 17, 2014
I enjoyed the work that I did in the Tool Crib at Wilbert Plastic Services
Hard work
Press Operator (Former Employee) –  Harrisburg, NCFebruary 19, 2014
I worked at this as a temp job. Myself and several others had to receive medical care due to lack of ventilation with a room full of toxic plastic fumes.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Wilbert Plastic Services. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9