Wilco Machine & Fab, Inc.
Manage, coordinate and prioritize all activities associated with Engineering and Drafting staff. Emphasis will be on efficient and timely project completion in conjunction with professional quality engineering and drafting.
NOTE: The job duties listed are typical examples of the work performed in this job classification. Not all duties assigned to every position are included, nor is it expected that all positions will be assigned every duty.
- Review and sign off on project releases
- Communicate with customers to make/approve changes to product lines
- Train new employees and/or delegate training aspects of new employees
- Oversee heavy equipment designs and development
- Abilities to use Solid Works CAD modeling software to create solid models of parts and assemblies and render these into manufacturing drawings.
- Document projects per company and ISO requirements
- Organize meetings and presentations on a routine basis
- Ensure company policies and procedures are carried out effectively within the Engineering and Drafting Department work areas
- Maintain a safe and healthy work environment at all times
Additional Job Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities required:
- Project management skills
- Knowledge of automotive electrical systems, industrial pneumatics systems and hydraulic systems and applications.
- Ability to multitask
- Solid Works CAD design software (user knowledge)
- ASME Section VIII design (pressure vessels) (user knowledge)
- Design criteria associated with USDOT regulations
- Standard fabrication materials and components (user knowledge)
- Pneumatic conveying systems (user knowledge)
- Hydraulic systems (practical knowledge)
- Automotive electronics (practical knowledge)
- Diesel engine specifications and performance criteria (practical knowledge)
- Welding standards (user knowledge)
Typically an office environment setting but will require shop visits as well as domestic and international travel)
Bachelor of Science, Mechanical Engineering, with PE preferred. Educational emphasis on stress and load analysis, metallurgy, hydraulics, machine design, metallurgy/welding. FEA experience is a plus.
Minimum 7 years experience
- User knowledge of Solid Works CAD design software
Excellent pay and benefits.
Wilco Machine & Fab Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.